Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? (23791 Views)

How Did Tinubu End Up Owning Lagos State House, Marina? / Did Tinubu Deployed LASTMA Officials To Adamawa For GMB Campaign (pics)? / Fashola Performed Better Than I Did – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by emiye(m): 9:25pm On Apr 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
Did you know Fashola, FAyemi and Ajimobi before they became governor? Did they win because they had a name politically or because Tinubu used his influence? Pls don't mention Oshiomole again because he won his first term on the platform of Labour party and he won because he was Osho baba and not because of his party.

Oshiomole did not win his first term on the platform of labour party, stop spewing ignorant things.

He was the gubernatorial candidate of labour party, but switched to ACN before the elections.

2 Likes

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by seunfly: 9:27pm On Apr 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Tinubu appears "powerful" only in certain people's imagination. He's only enjoying the status of being the ONLY former governor in ACN at the moment. When more former governors emerge and as new generation of ACN governors emerge in ACN, Tinubu's imaginary powers will fade away.

However, one thing is not in doubt. Tinubu has used his position as the face of the opposition to build an empire of wealth for HIMSELF, perhaps in anticipation of when his political influence will wane.

OBJ lost out in his battle with Tinubu for the soul of southwest because OBJ was too silly that he NEVER reckoned with PERFORMANCE as a parameter for choosing his foot solders and putting people in positions of authority. While OBJ was using federal might to put people in positions of authority, the only parameter that was on his mind was loyalty. On the other hand, Tinubu was wise enough to consider both loyalty and PERFORMANCE. That made all the difference.
True talk.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by seunfly: 9:27pm On Apr 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Tinubu appears "powerful" only in certain people's imagination. He's only enjoying the status of being the ONLY former governor in ACN at the moment. When more former governors emerge and as new generation of ACN governors emerge in ACN, Tinubu's imaginary powers will fade away.

However, one thing is not in doubt. Tinubu has used his position as the face of the opposition to build an empire of wealth for HIMSELF, perhaps in anticipation of when his political influence will wane.

OBJ lost out in his battle with Tinubu for the soul of southwest because OBJ was too silly that he NEVER reckoned with PERFORMANCE as a parameter for choosing his foot solders and putting people in positions of authority. While OBJ was using federal might to put people in positions of authority, the only parameter that was on his mind was loyalty. On the other hand, Tinubu was wise enough to consider both loyalty and PERFORMANCE. That made all the difference.
True talk.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Amaso99(m): 9:32pm On Apr 02, 2013
Delible: Who is Tinubu? We will soon smoke him. Just watch.
SSS were una dey!
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by EkoAtlantic2(f): 9:36pm On Apr 02, 2013
naijababe:

Please stop Afam grin, you digging yourself into a deeper hole.

Fashola vs. Obanikoro
Ajimobi vs. Alao Akala
Fayemi vs. Segun Oni
Oshiomole vs. Airhiavbere
Amosun vs. Olurin
Aregbe vs. Oyinlola

Yes ACN candidates truly have low self esteem and are non entities.

that guy is naturally daft grin
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by OmoTier1(m): 9:39pm On Apr 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Such "deal" only exist in your clueless mind.

There's NOTHING like that. GEJ won in the southwest fair and square. Otherwise, show us concrete evidence that such deal existed BEFORE votes were cast for the 2011 presidential election.

What was Tinubu supposed to do to help GEJ win going by the imaginary "deal"? Was Tinubu supposed to alter the results of votes cast? Or Mobilize his supporters to vote GEJ? If he was to mobilize people to vote for GEJ, show us how he did that before votes were cast. NONSENSE!
Classified Ode! Was it not for the dealing and begging your clueless one did at the last minute, do you think He would have made inroads into South West?

2015 will clearly show you how influential Tinubu is, when your clueless will be sent packing. Despite not being in power since 2007, He still possess the swag to pull smart and visionary individuals from all corners of Nigeria to join in building ACN, something your GEJ can only dream of.

4 Likes

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by WalesWonder811(m): 9:43pm On Apr 02, 2013
Tinubu may be powerful but he's never my favourite type of leader.
He may also be the centre that holds ACN now but I pray he doesn't end up like chief Bola Ige after whose demise AD started falling and failing apart.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by malc619(m): 9:47pm On Apr 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
Tinubu won't make the mistake of putting someone that will usurp him. He puts relative nonentities there with low self-esteem who will remain loyal to him for a very long time. Word even has it that he'll most likely keep it in the family in 2015.

Nonentities with low self esteem.. Seems you don't know the meaning of those words..

1 Like

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by WalesWonder811(m): 9:50pm On Apr 02, 2013
WalesWonder811: Tinubu may be powerful but he's never my favourite type of leader.
He may also be the centre that holds ACN now but I pray he doesn't end up like chief Bola Ige after whose demise AD started falling and failing apart.
When talking about ACN where is the party chairman in the picture? Chief Bisi Akande doesn't come to mind at all. I think Tinubu's image over shadows the entire party. Ah oga o.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Mutaino7(m): 9:53pm On Apr 02, 2013
Sweetlemon: Me, I don't know if Tinubu "sold" SW votes to Jonathan. All I know is that for Jonathan to send a jet to pick Tinubu up shows a lot about how influential Tinubu is.
Please ehow many other Nigerians do we know of who can boast of this privilege?
How many politicians can look into OBJ's eyes and tell him to go to hell??
Haba! Give it to the man abeg!
That means you are not aware of Ayo fayose. Baba called him bastard 4 not greeting him he replied by calling him father of bastards.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Apr 02, 2013
Mutaino7:
That means you are not aware of Ayo fayose. Baba called him bastard 4 not greeting him he replied by calling him father of bastards.

And what became of Fayose afterwards? grin
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by malc619(m): 9:57pm On Apr 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
Tinubu won't make the mistake of putting someone that will usurp him. He puts relative nonentities there with low self-esteem who will remain loyal to him for a very long time. Word even has it that he'll most likely keep it in the family in 2015.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Sweetlemon(f): 9:59pm On Apr 02, 2013
naijababe:

And what became of Fayose afterwards? grin

Ask him o!
grin
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Ninilowo(m): 10:04pm On Apr 02, 2013
musiwa20: First of all tinubu was not the one who knew justice Ayo salami... I know who justice Ayo salami is..

So the lies that tinubu help mimiko, kayode fashola, aregbesola, adams oshimolo is not correct.. You can go ask Justice ayo salami, if he know tinubu.

And most of the things they claim tinubu did.. is not correct.

I can show you, I am the reason, many people went into politics in nigeria.. and not tinubu...

if you notice alot of them went to the university of ilorin because i started posting the satellite pictures of Nigeria.. And they know nigeria will go to civil war..

I dont think tinubu is that powerful as you people make it to be. If you want to collect money from tinubu , you go meet tinubu and collect money.. You are making fashola look weak. Tinubu never knew justice ayo salami, like you people made it to be..

i know who ayo salami is..

Lagos is a state with alot of churches, more than mosque.. an average lagos street has 4 to 5 churches with only 1 mosque. tinubu is a muslim.. so relatively tinubu is on a wrong turf..

I will beat tinubu for example in lagos,, because of the large size of churches.. and not just because i am christain but because of the born again factor would work for me , even beating fashola in lagos..
because we control the churches in lagos.. if we say dont vote for ACN or PDP, they would not vote for ACN or PDP

You can see them turn off electricity on Goodluck Jonathan yesterday in lagos in church.

That why you need to be in my good books.. i join a church when it had 1 church.. the church now have several thousand of churches around the world. and i training many people who later became pastors. they can tell their church members not to vote for you. And i know several general oversear, which all add up to over millions of people.

Ta lawon?
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 02, 2013
Afam4eva why are you posting as Afam4eva here and tribalist Mr.chippychappy on another thread?

Afam4eva:

It also baffles me that some people actually think Jonathan had a deal with Tinubu to deliver Lagos votes to him. How's that even possible? Most of my family voted for GEJ except myself. I want to know how Tinubu was able to influence my family into voting Jonathan. Except they're telling us that Tinubu rigged Lagos election for JOnathan.

Afam4eva as mr.chippychappy

Mr.chippychappy:
He knows what he is talking about. Of recent Ike shorunmu has been trying to replace Enyeama with either Dele ayenugba or Ajiboye , He hardly commends Enyeama rather he keeps talking about how Ayenugba and Ajiboye are "ready" to take over . Check the sports tabloids you would notice it also . Shorunmu's people destroyed NEPA, NPF, NPA now they want to destroy the Nigerian super eagles , E no go work O!!! .
https://www.nairaland.com/1242286/im-criticised-because-im-not/2#15046059
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by PastorOla1: 10:05pm On Apr 02, 2013
So you say this man is powerful. He is not powerful.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by nduchucks: 10:05pm On Apr 02, 2013
Though Ojuyobo is an Alhaji, he makes sure that he is never addressed with the title.

At any rate, Alhaji, the Agba-Akin Adinni of Ijeshaland, the Chief Anosare Bugije of Ondo Kingdom, the Erelu Aare Ago of Egbaland, the Asiwaju of Lagos and the Jagaban Borgu, THE leader and the mouthpiece of the SW, ndu_chuck Hails thee!!

1 Like

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by dayokanu(m): 10:06pm On Apr 02, 2013
WalesWonder811: When talking about ACN where is the party chairman in the picture? Chief Bisi Akande doesn't come to mind at all. I think Tinubu's image over shadows the entire party. Ah oga o.

Who matters mOre in Pdp OBJ and Anenih or Tukur Audu Ogbeh
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 02, 2013
Whats going on here ? Who said Tinubu is Powerful ?

1 Like

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by kaze4blues(m): 10:11pm On Apr 02, 2013
Tinubu is powerful because he fully understands d game he finds himself.

his party, acn won elctive posts almost across d country even in d southeast wher chris ngige won a senatorial seat under acn.

He also fancies perfomance in office nd takes ds important unlike most politicians who re only after lootin d treasury.

This southwest is a sophisticated geopolitical zone whr ppl donot only vote on sentiment but believ in performance while u re in government.

Tinubu understands this fully well and plays it nicely. His achievements in Lagos av spoken for him.
Also he has been able to install a credible succesor and av craven for all southwest governors under can to deliver effectively to their people.

All these av contributed towards increasin his stake in d southwestern political arena.

Simply put, tinubu is d leadin opposition leader in d country.

3 Likes

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by PastorOla1: 10:11pm On Apr 02, 2013
In this our " JAGUDA PAKO" politics. "Chance me i Chance you politics"

1 Like

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 02, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Classified Ode! Was it not for the dealing and begging your clueless one did at the last minute, do you think He would have made inroads into South West?

2015 will clearly show you how influential Tinubu is, when your clueless will be sent packing. Despite not being in power since 2007, He still possess the swag to pull smart and visionary individuals from all corners of Nigeria to join in building ACN, something your GEJ can only dream of.
Show us evidence of any deal and how Tinubu implemented the deal in southwest, including Osun? It is a challenge that has been pending since the the first page which NON of you had taken up. Rather than take up the challenge, the ACN internet rats have been yaning thrash.

Accept defeat like a man. This propaganda to ameliorate the injuries of defeat is IMPOTENT.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by sbeezy8: 10:23pm On Apr 02, 2013
Tinubu is a very intelligent man- Period i guess the guy understands politics very well.

2 Likes

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by anonimi: 10:25pm On Apr 02, 2013
Our Yansh: 1. Tinubu is‎​ a smart chap. He understands the game of politics and plays it very well.

2. He's a visionary leader. His interest lies in building for tomorrow and not just for the day.

3. He's a Good manager of men and materials. That's evident from the way he managed Lagos finance (even without Federal allocation) as well as the calibre of people he has helped become Governors of the SW region.

4. He loves his people, chasing the killer-party from the SW is‎​ the best thing anyone could have done for SWesterners at the time..

Etc etc...

Only your #1 is correct.
Tinubu is simply a very smart crook who understands our individual greediness and lack of personal courage to tackle our problems hence the abandonment of responsibility at all levels and seeking messiahs ALWAYS for the smallest things.

# 2 means he raised IGR significantly i.e. the individual tax burden in various forms on each RESIDENT of Lagos state was increased without commensurate ACCOUNTABILITY increase. Hence the smart alec was stealing everyone blind and the mugus were and are still praising him.
Double loss! Double wahala!!
For #s 3&4, please tell me if Lagos state has potable water in ALL houses and free quality primary & secondary education with textbooks after 14 years of unbroken, continuous "progressive" politics in the state

1 Like

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Paentera(m): 10:25pm On Apr 02, 2013
Afam4eva:

And to think I thought you analysed information intellectually. This is just gross! What sort of statement is this oozing from you?

You should either quote from a reliable source or you don't use strange conjectures to arrive at such odious conclusions.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by kolexy(m): 10:32pm On Apr 02, 2013

Are you a teenager? What happened to the former AD governors? Otunba Niyi Adebayo of Ekiti, Bisi Akande of Osun and Segun Osoba of Ogun. Tinubu is dangerously generous, streetwise and is a master strategist. These are important ingredients to succeed in politics.

1 Like

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by IleIfe2(m): 10:36pm On Apr 02, 2013
Ninilowo:
Ta lawon?

E bami bere o.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by malc619(m): 10:36pm On Apr 02, 2013
anonimi:

Only your #1 is correct.
Tinubu is simply a very smart crook who understands our individual greediness and lack of personal courage to tackle our problems hence the abandonment of responsibility at all levels and seeking messiahs ALWAYS for the smallest things.

# 2 means he raised IGR significantly i.e. the individual tax burden in various forms on each RESIDENT of Lagos state was increased without commensurate ACCOUNTABILITY increase. Hence the smart alec was stealing everyone blind and the mugus were and are still praising him.
Double loss! Double wahala!!
For #s 3&4, please tell me if Lagos state has potable water in ALL houses and free quality primary & secondary education with textbooks after 14 years of unbroken, continuous "progressive" politics in the state

A PDP house-boy appears on the thread to yarn dust like is‎​ fellow sewer cockroach (senile 9gerian). I hope the poster ignores you like the toilet fly that you are....

1 Like

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by omoabolade(m): 10:37pm On Apr 02, 2013
Do u say powerful?
Our bullies is school, do we call dem powerful? I guess nt. I do nt see power whr a man cant b seen as role model.
And by d way, why couldnt his so much power win d Ondo gubernitorial polls?
I guess because it will b an insult for a broom to scratch an 'Iroko'.

POWER BELONGS TO GOD ND HE HAS GIVEN IT TO D PEOPLE.

1 Like

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by chidexy(m): 10:40pm On Apr 02, 2013
joeyfire: How could I forget the most important point.

He made obasanjo feel like a chump. When obj witheld lagos state allocation tinubu made lagos self reliant by force. Baba was suddenly the toothless bulldog and tinubu became a hero

Obasanjo withheld Lagos LGA allocation,not the state allocation. A silly political action if you asked me, cos instead of working against Tinubu and AD's political interest,as he had hoped, it rather garnered support for Tinubu
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by joeyfire(m): 10:41pm On Apr 02, 2013
ewet:
You set up your own political party and run it whicheva way u thnk is rite.But if u havnt done this you need to just shut up and quit whining.If you were half as gud as tht guy is you wuld be far ahead by now.

What makes you think that I was not speaking favourably of his political skills abi u dey mad. Don't read my posts when u don smoke. Mouse droppings like you
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Apr 02, 2013
kolexy:

Are you a teenager? What happened to the former AD governors? Otunba Niyi Adebayo of Ekiti, Bisi Akande of Osun and Segun Osoba of Ogun. Tinubu is dangerously generous, streetwise and is a master strategist. These are important ingredients to succeed in politics.
Use your head. We'r talking about AC/ACN not AD. Those names that you mentioned fell by the way side in 2003. Between 2003 and 2007, Tinubu was the last man standing and had access to state resources.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Much Is One Litter Of Kerosene In Your Area ? / $26 Billion Scandal: Kachikwu’s Camp Hits Baru With Six Posers / Seyi Makinde Meets Pastor Adeboye And Sanwo Olu At 67th Rccg Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.