Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,073 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. (93628 Views)

Captured On Our Streets By A Foreign Lens, Images that shamed Britain !!!! / Britain Gives The Go Ahead To Murder Ghaddafi / Should Great Britain Hand Back The Falklands Over To Argentina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:13am On Apr 04, 2013
What of undergrads who are in the military using the GI bill or tuition assistance program.

Do they get it tough too?
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:13am On Apr 04, 2013
CFCfan:
That's strange because one can never complete a Bachelors degree in the U.S. within 3 years. it's usually between 4-5 years. This is due to the fact that most U.S. schools emphasize general education. For instance, as a Political science student, I've had to take some courses in the pure sciences and a foreign language course (Spanish).

I guess the UK lecturers are very strict in their exam marking.

@ the bolded is the truth... And you have to earn your degree especially if you attend mid-table to good unis...
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by bebe2(f): 12:16am On Apr 04, 2013
CFCfan:

Are those cable/satellite channels? if not, why do u guys have to pay the tv license?

Dat an why Britain na thief thief country. The have been stealing d For centuries.

Remember the empire saga? Dats wat it was for
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:16am On Apr 04, 2013
payless:

Imagine 126 credits before graduating. 60 credits alone on General Education.

Abi o. My school requires a minimum of 120 credits though. I guess that's why U.S. students have a wider pool of talent in comparison with British students. Another key difference is that in the U.K., a law degree can be got at the undergrad level, while in the U.S. one has to gain a Bachelors degree before enrolling into Law school.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:18am On Apr 04, 2013
Legit1: What of undergrads who are in the military using the GI bill or tuition assistance program.

Do they get it tough too?

I think they fare better. In fact, some join the U.S. military just to be able to pay for their tuition grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:18am On Apr 04, 2013
CFCfan:

Abi o. My school requires a minimum of 120 credits though. I guess that's why U.S. students have a wider pool of talent in comparison with British students. Another key difference is that in the U.K., a law degree can be got at the undergrad level, while in the U.S. one has to gain a Bachelors degree before enrolling into Law school.
You americanas. You try
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:19am On Apr 04, 2013
shymexx:

@ the bolded is the truth... And you have to earn your degree especially if you attend mid-table to good unis...

I see. that's why Britain has far less ignorant people than America. grin

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:20am On Apr 04, 2013
adaobi123:
You americanas. You try

You can say that again. To become a lawyer, one has to spend a minimum of 6 years in school. Law school usually takes up to 2-3 years to complete.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Katsumoto: 12:20am On Apr 04, 2013
shymexx:

Lmao... Planning to get married soon - hence why I need my own space... My privacy is also very important...

Anyway, I'm good, though...

You are complaining about bills and you want to take a wife!!!! grin grin grin

You better chill and enjoy life.

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:21am On Apr 04, 2013
CFCfan:

You can say that again. To become a lawyer, one has to spend a minimum of 6 years in school. Law school usually takes up to 2-3 years to complete.
What ?? Here it's 3 years.....but some end up working in tesco's
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:21am On Apr 04, 2013
Katsumoto:

Abi ? grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:22am On Apr 04, 2013
CFCfan:

It takes a year to complete Master degree in Britain, but it takes 18-24 months in U.S. I just don't believe U.K education system is better than that of U.S in anyway. Look at the list of top 15 Universities around the world and see how many Americans on the list compare to U.K.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:22am On Apr 04, 2013
Katsumoto:

grin
Katsumoto:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Adaobi is the one trying to force me to marry her... grin

I think I need to take a "chill pill" and wait for the right time.. grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:23am On Apr 04, 2013
adaobi123:
What ?? Here it's 3 years.....but some end up working in tesco's

What is Tesco?
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:23am On Apr 04, 2013
shymexx:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Adaobi is the one trying to force me to marry her... grin

I think I need to take a "chill pill" and wait for the right time.. grin
I'm too young to get married tongue
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:24am On Apr 04, 2013
payless:

What is Tesco?
It's like walmart
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:24am On Apr 04, 2013
CFCfan:
Political science, as an undergrad degree. I'm planning on enrolling in a Law school by the last quarter of 2014.

Why didn't you enrol in Criminal Justice or Criminolgy instead of Political Science?
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:25am On Apr 04, 2013
payless:

It takes a year to complete Master degree in Britain, but it takes 18-24 months in U.S. I just don't believe U.K education system is better than that of U.S in anyway. Look at the list of top 15 Universities around the world and see how many Americans on the list compare to U.K.

The American system heavily emphasizes critical thinking and specialty.

American schools just want to make as much $$ as possible grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:25am On Apr 04, 2013
adaobi123:
It's like walmart

What? LMAO

But why?
payless:

@ the bolded... It's more than a year when you factor in the time for dissertation etc.. Two semesters for the course and one for the dissertation...
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:26am On Apr 04, 2013
CFCfan:
The American system heavily emphasizes critical thinking and specialty.

American schools just want to make as much $$ as possible grin

American system and critical thinking should never be in the same sentence... #JustSaying grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:27am On Apr 04, 2013
payless:

Why didn't you enroll in Criminal Justice or Criminolgy instead of Political Science?

I was really fascinated with Poli Sci in the community college, and I was so interested in the study of different Political systems and institutions.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:27am On Apr 04, 2013
payless:

What? LMAO

But why?
It's quite dufficult to find a law job according to the people I met in tesco's grin tongue
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:28am On Apr 04, 2013
adaobi123:
I'm too young to get married tongue

I was just messing about...
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:28am On Apr 04, 2013
shymexx:

American system and critical thinking should never be in the same sentence... #JustSaying grin

Why do u say that? The Americans that don't do critical thinking are those who never went to college/ only get their news from CNN, MSNBC, New York Times etc. grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:29am On Apr 04, 2013
[quote author=CFCfan]

I was really fascinated with Poli Sci in the community college, and I was so interested in the study of different Political systems and institutions.[/quot

You must have saved a lot of money for attending community college before proceeding to 4 year college. I also did that.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:29am On Apr 04, 2013
shymexx:

I was just messing about...
I know tongue
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:31am On Apr 04, 2013
adaobi123:
It's quite dufficult to find a law job according to the people I met in tesco's grin tongue

That is a really dire situation. Anyway, the Legal industry in the U.S. is much busier than that of the U.K.
I read a book which states that the Legal industry in America is a $100 billion industry. There are more attorneys in California (over 170,000) than the whole of Western Europe combined grin.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:32am On Apr 04, 2013
adaobi123:

Do they work as lawyers on behalf of tesco or work as cashiers? Why would a lawyer who attended college work at tesco? Why not open their own law firm?
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:32am On Apr 04, 2013
CFCfan:

That is a really dire situation. Anyway, the Legal industry in the U.S. is much busier than that of the U.K.
I read a book which states that the Legal industry in America is a $100 billion industry. There are more attorneys in California (over 170,000) than the whole of Western Europe combined grin.
That's because all the mad cray people live in America grin

3 Likes

[quote author=payless][/quote]

Yeah, that is the smart thing to do. In Community college, you can easily decide to switch majors, before spending close to $10,000 in tuition. Most peeps are now going through that route in California.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (157) (Reply)

"It Means I Won" - Trump Reacts To Georgian Governor's Tweet / Two Kenyan Government Staff In Sex Act. Photo Goes Viral / This Picture Will Change Your View About Obama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.