Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,573 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. (93700 Views)

Captured On Our Streets By A Foreign Lens, Images that shamed Britain !!!! / Britain Gives The Go Ahead To Murder Ghaddafi / Should Great Britain Hand Back The Falklands Over To Argentina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:53am On Apr 04, 2013
shymexx:

Computer networking and security solutions... and the other one would be about media (with the primary focus on fast-growing afrobeats)
Bring me in tongue grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:54am On Apr 04, 2013
what are African even doing in europe sef..it's either Africa or America(usa-Canada) .. undecided undecided
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:55am On Apr 04, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: what are African even doing in europe sef..it's either Africa or America(usa-Canada) .. undecided undecided
Good education
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:56am On Apr 04, 2013
Katsumoto:
Not true

Indians dominate the medical field.

Nigerians are doing well in Accounting, IT and social care.

Indians get a pass in the UK...

I know a few people who have changed their surnames to English names... Even the Nigerian woman I assist as a volunteer every Saturday at my local council has an English surname and her first name is a Yoruba name spelled like an English name...
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:57am On Apr 04, 2013
adaobi123:
Bring me in tongue grin

Soon come.. wink
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 12:59am On Apr 04, 2013
payless:

I prefer trade in goods and services. Constant cash flowing business. Someone just told me about rechard card in large scale but not convince yet.

Well, with that, you might as well move to Nigeria to monitor you business...
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 1:01am On Apr 04, 2013
adaobi123:
Good education
Europe is doomed...how can you live in a country where the unemployment rate for the nationals is 30%(that's for those Africans living in Spain and Italy undecided)
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 1:03am On Apr 04, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Europe is doomed...how can you live in a country where the unemployment rate for the nationals is 30%(that's for those Africans living in Spain and Italy undecided)
I don't live in either of those countries, so I don't care. Get my degree in pharmacy and I'm out tongue
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 1:04am On Apr 04, 2013
The Capital gains tax in the UK is around 90%, while the top tax rate is 50%.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 1:05am On Apr 04, 2013
CFCfan: The Capital gains tax in the UK is around 90%, while the top tax rate is 50%.
Please explain
Can someone explain what this means ??
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 1:07am On Apr 04, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Europe is doomed...how can you live in a country where the unemployment rate for the nationals is 30%(that's for those Africans living in Spain and Italy undecided)

Did u just say 30% unemployment?!! That is horrible. I also heard that youth unemployment in Spain is close to 50%.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 1:08am On Apr 04, 2013
CFCfan:

Did u just say 30% unemployment?!! That is horrible. I also heard that youth unemployment in Spain is close to 50%.
You missed out Greece too tongue
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 1:08am On Apr 04, 2013
adaobi123:
I don't live in either of those countries, so I don't care. Get my degree in pharmacy and I'm out tongue
the crisis is coming in the `UK...watch out more restrictions and racist attacks..the "go back in your countries" will soon fly...anyway cool if you plan too relocate in Nigeria after your degree cool
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Katsumoto: 1:08am On Apr 04, 2013
CFCfan: The Capital gains tax in the UK is around 90%, while the top tax rate is 50%.

CGT is approximately 30%.

1 Like

Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 1:10am On Apr 04, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: the crisis is coming in the `UK...watch out more restrictions and racist attacks..the "go back in your countries" will soon fly...anyway cool if you plan too relocate in Nigeria after your degree cool
Ive had that for years. No biggie.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 1:10am On Apr 04, 2013

The whole world is pretty much doomed save for BRIC countries... America is also deep in a hole the next 5 generations won't be able to get out of...

Africa is our only hope... however, that's another shytehole where corruption is rife... Just enjoy life and live it to the fullest... grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Katsumoto: 1:11am On Apr 04, 2013
CFCfan:

True but its based on the culture in Spain. In Spain, the youth don't move out from their folks home until they are well in their 30s. It's usual for guys to take gals home after a night out.

Culturally, men past middle age are unlikely to get sacked. So they have to take care of their families.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 1:18am On Apr 04, 2013
shymexx:

But you can't compare the standard of University education in the UK with America... The standard is pretty high and it's worth the price...

How??
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 1:19am On Apr 04, 2013
shymexx:

The whole world is pretty much doomed save for BRIC countries... America is also deep in a hole the next 5 generations won't be able to get out of...

Africa is our only hope... however, that's another shytehole where corruption is rife... Just enjoy life and live it to the fullest... grin
AFRICA, we need good leaders that's all .....
@ those who plan to come back in Africa ,do it when you are still young and can practice what you learnt ..Africa is not the bin of old dead brain retired people ...ahaaa, after 50 you ain't useful anymore.thanks cool cool
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 1:20am On Apr 04, 2013
adaobi123:
Ive had that for years. No biggie.
lol okay.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 1:20am On Apr 04, 2013
Oxford is not even in global top five again!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 1:21am On Apr 04, 2013
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 1:22am On Apr 04, 2013
Prof Corruption:

How??

How?!?!?!

That isn't news anymore... You can compare the quality of graduates and professionals from the two countries...

CFCfan already proved the assertion to be right by comparing the standard of wit displayed by the average educated Brits vs. the average US equivalent with GuardianUK CIF and Huffington Post... wink
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 1:23am On Apr 04, 2013
Prof Corruption: Oxford is not even in global top five again!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Oxford is always going to be top 5...
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by abiL(f): 1:24am On Apr 04, 2013
God save the Queen! I LOVE this country called Britain. grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 1:25am On Apr 04, 2013
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 1:25am On Apr 04, 2013
adaobi123:
Really ?
http://m.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/sep/11/qs-world-top-100-universities-data-mit-cambridge

Sure!!! Except for Sunday Times Ranking. grin grin grin grin

The only university that's worth attending in UK is Cambridge. UK is educating idiots these days.
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 1:26am On Apr 04, 2013
abiL: God save the Queen! I LOVE this country called Britain. grin

Its a shame that not everyone shares the same opinion tongue grin
Re: This God Forsaken Country Called BRITAIN. by Nobody: 1:28am On Apr 04, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Sure!!! Except for Sunday Times Ranking. grin grin grin grin

The only university that's worth attending in UK is Cambridge. UK is educating idiots these days.

Hell yeah, that's why 70% of college educated New Yorkers can't write properly, no grin

Perhaps, New York is now a colony!! - God save the Queen!!! Great Britain is back like it's the 1800s again!!
shymexx:

The UK got four spots out of the top 5!!!! grin
cool
This is more credible.
http://www.shanghairanking.com/ARWU2012.html

Forget about The Guardian (UK) packing the top five with the worthless Uni in Britain.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (157) (Reply)

"It Means I Won" - Trump Reacts To Georgian Governor's Tweet / Two Kenyan Government Staff In Sex Act. Photo Goes Viral / This Picture Will Change Your View About Obama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.