Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

NERC Recruitment: What's the update? - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NERC Recruitment: What's the update? (205051 Views)

Nigerdock Recruitment: What is the Latest? / NNPC RECRUITMENT. What Happens Now? / NERC Massive Recruitment 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by mover(f): 2:56pm On Sep 15, 2013
Please does anyone have update on the recruitment
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by WYSEMAN83(m): 4:43pm On Sep 15, 2013
mover: Please does anyone have update on the recruitment
please does any one has any authentic update on when the aptitude test is going to hold?
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by leksgcfr(m): 2:41pm On Sep 18, 2013
WYSEMAN83:
please does any one has any authentic update on when the aptitude test is going to hold?

Hve you heard that there would be any aptitude test?
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by alfajohn: 4:23pm On Sep 18, 2013
leks-gcfr:

Hve you heard that there would be any aptitude test?
Are u sure you filled the online application form? cause if you did, you will remember been asked where is your preferred test location. also if you are conversant with this thread, you will have noticed that those that applied last yr just wrote a test.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by mover(f): 5:54am On Sep 20, 2013
Guys please I heard some people had and interview lastweek (they say it's for successful candidates for the zonal offices)

If any1 in the house was part of d interview, kindly assist shed more light on it
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by AJIBINTL: 7:34am On Sep 20, 2013
Pls, where is the source of that your information and how authentic is it? Do you know any one among those people that went for the interview last week? Can any one in the house confirm this last week interview of a thing?
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by naanamee: 4:34pm On Sep 20, 2013
AJIB INT'L:
Pls, where is the source of that your information and how authentic is it? Do you know any one among those people that went for the interview last week? Can any one in the house confirm this last week interview of a thing?

Sm1 I knew said d same thoing that he was invited 4 the zonal recruitment interview but he wasnnt going cos he has another offer that was better within d time he wrote d test and now, I thought he was lyiong and showing off.. He said he was invited 4 d interview as an analyst.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by buchio7(m): 7:10pm On Sep 20, 2013
[quote author=mover]Guys please I heard some people had and interview lastweek (they say it's for successful candidates for the zonal offices)

If any1 in the house was part of d interview, kindly assist shed more light on it[/quote

Not TRUE.....they just finished collation of test papers...i.v's to start soon
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Gboliwe: 8:06am On Sep 21, 2013
Nairalanders!!! I hail unu o!

1 Like

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Carsonv(m): 9:49pm On Sep 24, 2013
Oboy! Anybody wey dey wait for NERC should please go start cassava cultivation. I just got news from a DGM in NERC that all vacancies have been filled and no more interview/test or whatever crap you wanna subject yourselves to. Forgive my cynicism!
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by cyraxjay: 12:12am On Sep 25, 2013
We hope note. Let's wait and see. Keep the hope alive!!
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Gorimakpa(m): 6:48am On Sep 25, 2013
Carsonv: Oboy! Anybody wey dey wait for NERC should please go start cassava cultivation. I just got news from a DGM in NERC that all vacancies have been filled and no more interview/test or whatever crap you wanna subject yourselves to. Forgive my cynicism!

Not surprised @ all.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by alfajohn: 9:10am On Sep 25, 2013
Carsonv: Oboy! Anybody wey dey wait for NERC should please go start cassava cultivation. I just got news from a DGM in NERC that all vacancies have been filled and no more interview/test or whatever crap you wanna subject yourselves to. Forgive my cynicism!
This can not be true, see, the modus of an organisation that want to play games is different from the one being played out by Nerc. Let wait and see time will tell.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by alfajohn: 9:14am On Sep 25, 2013
Carsonv:
I was privileged to serve with the Commission sometime in the recent past. The last year's application(which is for the Zonal Offices) has been merged with this new one. So from the 66 position, a handful of them will be deployed to the Zonal Offices. So if you applied last year, like I did, then you have to reapply because it has been cancelled and merged!
This what you said about the last year applicants and it turned out to be very untrue. Please keep your negative thoughts to yourself.

3 Likes

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by alfajohn: 9:21am On Sep 25, 2013
Carsonv:
I was privileged to serve with the Commission sometime in the recent past. The last year's application(which is for the Zonal Offices) has been merged with this new one. So from the 66 position, a handful of them will be deployed to the Zonal Offices. So if you applied last year, like I did, then you have to reapply because it has been cancelled and merged!
This is what you said about the last year applicants, it turned out to be very untrue. Please keep your negative thoughts to yourself. thanks
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Carsonv(m): 9:13pm On Sep 25, 2013
alfa john: This is what you said about the last year applicants, it turned out to be very untrue. Please keep your negative thoughts to yourself. thanks

Please you're not under any obligation to believe anything I say. I was right when I said both recruitments have been merged...as it has become obvious that all positions(both Zonal and HQ) has been filled. Check the guy who said his friend was invited for an Analyst job interview cos there was no Analyst opening for Zonal office last year. So if it'll give you great relief to sit and wait, fine! You might as well stroll down to their office at Adamawa Plaza and find out.
Point of correction: I portray no form of negativity...unless you've mistaken reality for negativity!
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by naanamee: 10:38pm On Sep 25, 2013

Lol, Nairalanders and speculations. My guy u made laugh actually,.. Despite the Nigerian factor in our system of recruitment and so on, your submission can not be true. First, no matter how nerc wants to do magu magu, they must atleast seem to follow d procedure for fear of been criticised, FCC requirement that interview must be carried out, the suopervisory minstry is there to check their activities, not to talk of NASS can summon them on this, infact d CEO can enter problem if what u said happened, don't forget this recruitment adcvert is one of the higly publicised in recent time, what explanations would they give to thousand of applicants.
Apart from that, I have been following the issue closely, as u have dgm so do I, and just yesterday d executive chairman had a meeting with all d staff where the issue of recruitment came up and he told them, that restral is still in process of both recruitment and would likely submit d shortlist for d HQ vacancy by second week of october to d mgt for approval to call pple for test that's by that time also they might have concluded d assessment of the zonal recruitment.
Nobody is doubting that there would be serious Nigerian factor in the coming recruitement cos of the limited space and 2 many applicants but not to d extent of employing pple without following d due process, what u can tell me and I could agree is that they aready have people they wanna fill in the vacancy slots with, that's understandable, even at that they must mix it with some merit list, things are not done the way u enumerated in ur post my guy... So am with alfa-john on this, ur post is full of negativity and discouraging to people that have hopes no matter how little it is, pls desist from jumping to wrong conclusions and baseless post.

1 Like

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by bibinwaka: 10:40pm On Sep 25, 2013
@carsonv
my guy say wat you know and sure off.
wat do u mean no opening 4 analyst.
go bak 2d recrtmnt of last yr u will see d vacancy for financial analyst.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Gorimakpa(m): 10:44am On Sep 27, 2013
naanamee:

Lol, Nairalanders and speculations. My guy u made laugh actually,.. Despite the Nigerian factor in our system of recruitment and so on, your submission can not be true. First, no matter how nerc wants to do magu magu, they must atleast seem to follow d procedure for fear of been criticised, FCC requirement that interview must be carried out, the suopervisory minstry is there to check their activities, not to talk of NASS can summon them on this, infact d CEO can enter problem if what u said happened, don't forget this recruitment adcvert is one of the higly publicised in recent time, what explanations would they give to thousand of applicants.
Apart from that, I have been following the issue closely, as u have dgm so do I, and just yesterday d executive chairman had a meeting with all d staff where the issue of recruitment came up and he told them, that restral is still in process of both recruitment and would likely submit d shortlist for d HQ vacancy by second week of october to d mgt for approval to call pple for test that's by that time also they might have concluded d assessment of the zonal recruitment.
Nobody is doubting that there would be serious Nigerian factor in the coming recruitement cos of the limited space and 2 many applicants but not to d extent of employing pple without following d due process, what u can tell me and I could agree is that they aready have people they wanna fill in the vacancy slots with, that's understandable, even at that they must mix it with some merit list, things are not done the way u enumerated in ur post my guy... So am with alfa-john on this, ur post is full of negativity and discouraging to people that have hopes no matter how little it is, pls desist from jumping to wrong conclusions and baseless post.

The problem with some of you is that you are too naive, or should I say unrealistically optimistic. If you think this job would follow due process at all, then you're on a very long thing.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Carsonv(m): 10:24pm On Sep 27, 2013
I've said it, if it'll give you some relief by having hope, be my guest!

You call NASS as if they're not the ones with vested interest. Abeg! Make una free me...

NERC is a dream place to work in, trust me! And inasmuch as I'd luv to have my hopes high...it's not healthy for my heart!

1 Like

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Oje007(m): 11:54am On Sep 28, 2013
naanamee:

U are mouthed, nice one.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by cyraxjay: 7:33am On Sep 30, 2013
I met a friend yesterday. He said his girlfriend works at NERC currently. She said their monthly package is merely about 100K. She is regretting choosing NERC over CBN . She chose NERC because of the hype that NERC is a dream place and now she discovers the opposite.

1 Like

Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by buchio7(m): 9:23am On Sep 30, 2013
What is her level?@cyraxjay

You may be judging too hastily without finding out more details.....

She could be an entry level personnel
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by cyraxjay: 10:57am On Sep 30, 2013
Yeah, she is entry level. What she is saying is the place isn't as heavenly as people hype it to be.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by buchio7(m): 11:30am On Sep 30, 2013
@cyraxjay

Not "heavenly" is ambiguos....if she can be specific it cld help guide us in the discussion.....

Is it solely in terms of pay,or is it in the conditions of service ? Or what? or is it that their are no prospects for growth

Please be specific
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by mkoabiola: 2:36pm On Sep 30, 2013
If u are xpecting ds recruitment to b transparent den u ar sitting on a long tin.lol
Evn NASS and all ds gullible polticians av dier candidates ,so much eyes on NERC recruitment,expt d grace of God.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by ozed007: 8:26pm On Sep 30, 2013
NERC ENTRY LEVEL SALARY IS

BASIC: N98k
YEARLY UPFRONT: N980k

NOT AS FANTASTIC AS YOU THINK!!!
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Beejay83: 8:51pm On Sep 30, 2013
When are we writing the tests? Pls, let's gather authentic info and as-per the tests and other relevant info to share on this forum
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by remzytimer: 11:33pm On Sep 30, 2013
What's happening i can't even login to that site again?
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by cyraxjay: 2:21am On Oct 01, 2013
ozed007: NERC ENTRY LEVEL SALARY IS

BASIC: N98k
YEARLY UPFRONT: N980k

NOT AS FANTASTIC AS YOU THINK!!!

That's about the range she tld me. But she was made to believe you'll earn up to 6 million annually (like NCC) at NERC . That's the impression I used to get about NERC too until yesterday.
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by buchio7(m): 6:34am On Oct 01, 2013
Who told U ppl that entry level at ncc earns up to 6million?

Kai!! Naija peeps no go kpai person.....98k salary and 980k upfront is nt good for entry level?

U guys shd go and find out what banks pay entry level....
Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by Okeneba: 8:36am On Oct 01, 2013
NERC is not in any way close to NCC in terms of their renumeration. From a reliable source, entry level at NCC earns up to 3million per annum. Entry level at NERC is not even up to 1million per annum. So what are we talking about?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (30) (Reply)

Petroleum Training Institute (PTI) Currently Recruiting / Nigeria LNG Limited Trainee Operator Recruitment 2017 / Nigerian Navy Recruiting Graduates!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.