Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,391 members, 7,836,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Should I Return To Nigeria? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should I Return To Nigeria? (24916 Views)

Anyaoku Urges Return To Regional Govt / Patience Jonathan To Return To Nigeria Soon / Daniel Can’t Return To Pdp –obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:44am On Apr 05, 2013
BUSH MAN: really? i lived in mimosa from 1997 until 2000 before i moved to london, i lived with okey amara mma and nze west

Man do u know Emeka ita or chigbo and dollar man?
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by smoothlips(m): 6:54am On Apr 05, 2013
There are lots and lots of south africians here, some of them are even getting nigerian citizenship...and U r still wondering if u should come back? Abegiiiii!!
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by sweetcheecks(f): 7:04am On Apr 05, 2013
Nigerians, hopeless dilusional people. Shame man. undecided
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by 7842I: 7:15am On Apr 05, 2013
plasgidy: Mr op, I thank you very much for this your post, cos this is what this forum is for, learning even if you are living in ajegunle it dos not matter,

But sir if I may ask what do you intend to do when you come back, what is your qualification or skill, cos to be honest with you there a lot of people we left in nigeria are doying great to be honest with I can count up to 15 my friends I left in ngeria and traveled men when I visited nija guy come and see there houses cars and what have you, they even have commercial houses, I culdnt mesure up with them,

And they doying legit bussines goying to china to import things, I still have anothrr one who returned frm us and use the money he had and start real

Seems like am one of the 15 guys you mentioned, I will never leave naija with the level of wealth I have ammassed here over the years. security problem my foot, na me dey control the vigilante in my suburb and streets, them no born the arm robber wey go try me well, na burning tyres and petrol go settle im case grin
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by 7842I: 7:16am On Apr 05, 2013
sweetcheecks: Nigerians, hopeless dilusional people. Shame man. undecided

Its 'delusional' miss bittercheeks, no need to beef the country.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by 7842I: 7:19am On Apr 05, 2013
smoothlips: There are lots and lots of south africians here, some of them are even getting nigerian citizenship...and U r still wondering if u should come back? Abegiiiii!!

MTN, STANDARD CHARTERED BANK, MULTICHOICE-DSTV, SHOPRITE AND GAME are all operating in Nigeria and are doing well, can anybody tell me what they have in common?
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Ashmark(m): 7:25am On Apr 05, 2013
I will advice that you first come home,stay for like 3month and see things for yourself.Then go back and bring your family....www.ashmarkexclusive..com
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by dandollaz: 7:30am On Apr 05, 2013
dulphines: You don't need to return to Nigeria. All you'll find is frustration! Stay well in SA
it's people like you that has little faith,bros if you want to come back plan yourself well.Nigeria is were you will achieve your dream big time .when you plan to come back first lay low and watch your steps.so many SA company are looking for a way to enter naija.Nigeria is growing with the speed of light.recently I was watching channel o and find out that they play more of Nigeria musics,that will tell you that we are getting there very soon.it's only in your home you can fill among nomatter what.take the bull by the horn.my advice when you come back don't display money it will make people to think otherwise(how to get the money out of you by any means).
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by naiko: 7:57am On Apr 05, 2013
@ playmode, i share ur concern and my personal advise is that you and ur family shouldn't move down for now.however you can ensure you all visit 9ja maybe once in every 15 - 18 months for atleast 20 days.this will help you guys weigh ur options and also make final decisions.i kn a family who move down from Canada afta 20yrs and it will amaze u hw de hv com 2 love 9ja plus fit in2 our environment.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by madejibo: 8:09am On Apr 05, 2013
Rossikk: This is the problem with the media, exaggeration, and anti-Nigerian propaganda. Look at how this man's mind has been poisoned against Nigeria to the point where he cannot even see his country as it is, as opposed to the way enemies of progress want him to see it.

Please poster, if you want to return home, please feel free to do so. Infrastructure is getting better by the day, and is most certainly BETTER than when you left Nigeria 13 years ago. Most of the major federal highways are fixed or undergoing major renovation. 15 airports have been (and are being) completely remodelled. Major cities like Lagos, Port Harcourt, Enugu, Calabar etc are witnessing major infrastructural transformation. The railways are seeing unprecedented investment as is the power sector. In fact power generation has doubled in the last two years and many homes and businesses have seen greatly improved supply, with more plants coming on stream. The power sector is being privatized, so is certain to transform the sector as the telecoms privatization did to that sector.

Security wise, you are SAFER in Nigeria than in South Africa.

I repeat for sake of emphasis:

In fact you are at least 3 times safer in Nigeria if you compare the crime rate in the two countries. Armed robberies have virtually ceased to exist in Nigeria compared to the spate of their occurrence 13 years ago when you lived here.

Kidnapping occurs, but is EXTREMELY RARE and you are statistically, most unlikely to be a victim. Even if you were, 9.9 times out of ten you will not come to any physical harm. Whoever told you that 10 people were kidnapped in Lekki in the last week or whatever is LYING to you. The usual exaggeration for which many miserable people here are well known for. There are millions and millions of well-to-do Nigerians, including ex-diasporans, who go about their business daily with no problems. There is no reason you and your family would not join them and go about your business daily, with no problems.

Economy wise, there could not be a better time to return to Nigeria. With GDP growing at 7% per annum, Nigeria is the place to be in Africa today. The Chinese are rushing in. As are the Indians, Lebanese, Europeans, Americans, and South Africans themselves. Hundreds of South African companies are establishing outlets here and their number keeps growing, as this country posts the highest returns on investment of any country in the developing world. The Nigerian middle class is growing, and poverty is reducing. The World Bank recently reported that poverty in Nigeria is on the decrease, as better governance leads to more opportunities for people to make progress.

So welcome home.

My Oga I have been to SA a couple of times SA is far safer don't ever say Naija is safer, go to SA no burglary proofs, the problem we have is th Nigeria no statistics for crime here so if u compare our crime stats to SA's you will feel SA is worse cos every crime there is recorded
@OP pls stay put in SA, at least for your children's sake

1 Like

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:22am On Apr 05, 2013
You left 13years ago ryt? If u get 2 Lagos now ehen,u will c america wonder,especially oshodi o.
Ibadan is also a very nyc place 2 stay grin grin grin grin
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by dbride: 8:24am On Apr 05, 2013
Be very careful, FEAR is a cage. I live in lekki axis and do not know about those kidnappings. In fact, one of my neighbors relocated from SA 2007 and is doing very well with his family. He travels to and fro SA for business. Lekki is a green area for business. You already have a house, what are you waiting for?
Like I said, fear is your problem nothing else. Nigeria is still better than SA if we talk of security.

Loose yourself from that fear that is so tormenting you. Fear can stop you from fulfilling your destiny. Fear kills too! Nigeria is not your problem but FEAR. If you are too afraid and have the means to relocate, then get going first without your family. They can join you later if they so wish.

1 Like

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Policewoman(f): 9:14am On Apr 05, 2013
Better stay back there o. Nigeria is one heck of a jungle right now.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Rossikk(m): 10:13am On Apr 05, 2013
dbride: Be very careful, FEAR is a cage. I live in lekki axis and do not know about those kidnappings. In fact, one of my neighbors relocated from SA 2007 and is doing very well with his family. He travels to and fro SA for business. Lekki is a green area for business. You already have a house, what are you waiting for?
Like I said, fear is your problem nothing else. Nigeria is still better than SA if we talk of security.

Loose yourself from that fear that is so tormenting you. Fear can stop you from fulfilling your destiny. Fear kills too! Nigeria is not your problem but FEAR. If you are too afraid and have the means to relocate, then get going first without your family. They can join you later if they so wish.
Well said.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Rossikk(m): 10:14am On Apr 05, 2013
Policewoman: Better stay back there o. Nigeria is one heck of a jungle right now.
Your house and you stinking bedroom is the jung.le, not Nigeria. Biafra sympathiser pretending to be Nigerian.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by yeko68: 10:23am On Apr 05, 2013
If you are offered a Political appointment would you consider coming? If your answer is in the affirmative you had better remain abroad. You cannot cope here because there is no free lunch here.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Rossikk(m): 10:23am On Apr 05, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

Please ignore most comment on here, Nigerians are pathological liars. I wouldn't advise you move to Nigeria with yout family any time soon. It's a jungle and never you trust those that promise you heaven on earth prior to moving back. My only advise is for you to spend a year out there alone before making a decision and this should be done after 2015.
Another diaspora goat. Anyone notice that the majority of people trying to scare the op are those who don't actually live in Nigeria themselves? Most haven't been back home in several YEARS yet they are offering 'advice' to the op. op please ignore them. They are trying to justify to themselves why they themselves are 'runaways'. They have no clue.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Btruth: 10:35am On Apr 05, 2013
No matter what, home is home. Been there, done that.....but at last, my heart has returned to where it belong. Home sweet home.

just follow your heart. But for me then, I don't need anyone to tell me that my spirit has returned back to Niger, and body was just moving around the street of London. I was so happy the day I finally got to Nigeria; to my fatherland. Though, so many challenges since I came back, but I still love it here where I am respected as a first class citizen compare to where someone will sees mw as an alien in respect of all their so call "papers" and having kids who are now British there.

Nigeria will eventually get there someday though, but we need to believe in ourselves and keep on working diligently in order to reach the height of our potentials.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Rossikk(m): 10:40am On Apr 05, 2013
Btruth: No matter what, home is home. Been there, done that.....but at last, my heart has returned to where it belong. Home sweet home.

just follow your heart. But for me then, I don't need anyone to tell me that my spirit has returned back to Niger, and body was just moving around the street of London. I was so happy the day I finally got to Nigeria; to my fatherland. Though, so many challenges since I came back, but I still love it here where I am respected as a first class citizen compare to where someone will sees mw as an alien in respect of all their so call "papers" and having kids who are now British there.

Nigeria will eventually get there someday though, but we need to believe in ourselves and keep on working diligently in order to reach the height of our potentials.
God bless Nigeria.
God bless you too.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by alajor(m): 10:45am On Apr 05, 2013
Playmode, I hear u and I understand. I also live here in sa and I know dat no south african woman would come and live permanently in nigeria. Dats one of d reasons I won't get married outside nija. I have friends like u who r married to south african women,they r very happy to visit nigeria so far as they'll cum back to sa after maybe 2 weeks. Forget d security and kidnap excuses they r giving u,fact is ur wife does not want to live in nigeria even though dats her duty as ur wife. My advise to na make u look for way to carry ur pikin dem cum back,if not u go dey pikinless. Gudluck
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 05, 2013
euromilion:

Man if u remember Da south,then u'll agree that wat happened to him could happen to anyone,my best friend Joseph was killed in his own shop,I kno of anode guy that was killed,later news that his southy wife sent them to kill him so that she can take his house,house he bought for about 3million rands then,these stories are endless and common.

you have a point here broda, i wanted to say more about that but the OP said his wife was online too. anyway lets talk about it now.
FACTS
1. it is always difficult, in fact almost impossible for a Xhosa/Zulu/Afikans(coloured)woman to follow you to nigeria with her kids to stay permanently.
2. southafrica has a law that empowers women more and children belongs to their mother in case of separation.
3. the moment you tell your southy wife about relocating to nigeria, she would involve her family and their response is always negative.
4. more than 40% of dead-wealthy-nigerians were killed by their wife (directly or indirectly) and it must has to do with relocating or dragging of children when you finally wants to go home.
i could go on and on and on....
5. many rich nigerians are in prison just because their wife set them up with the police so she can have all his money, the kids and property, the same wife who has been living with you and who knows all your secret. and once you finish serving your jail term you will be deported.
am sorry if the above is offensive to anyone reading but it the truth. if we say the entire truth the real headache the Op has now is the wife/inlaws. other wise no real naija-born-guy will complain of kidnapping in nigeria just after 13yrs of staying outside. his wife and inlaws just use those reasons to try to prevent the guy from taking the children to nigeria. believe me, it hurts them to see you go let alone take their children with you. i've been there broda.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 05, 2013
euromilion:

Man do u know Emeka ita or chigbo and dollar man?

yeah! those are old boys too, i remember my guys Ochinanwata, Sabo, Ossy Oba, Pope, etc... good memories of those days.
R.I.P Nwanyi Awka (white house bar opp mimosa.)
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 05, 2013
madejibo: My Oga I have been to SA a couple of times SA is far safer don't ever say Naija is safer, go to SA no burglary proofs, the problem we have is th Nigeria no statistics for crime here so if u compare our crime stats to SA's you will feel SA is worse cos every crime there is recorded
@OP pls stay put in SA, at least for your children's sake

my dear, 'have been to south africa a couple of times' is different from 'have lived in southafrica for 13yrs.'
you cannot use your couple of time experience to advise the the OP not to come back home to his country with his family. what he needs is good planning. and here you are talking about crime rate, i laugh, ' have you been to locations in southafrica, Alexandra for e.g those days we use to put our cellphones in silent mode and hide it in our shoe.
Nigeria is safer my brother. do your research well.

1 Like

Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Bofemsky(f): 11:27am On Apr 05, 2013
wesley80: @OP, Person wey no read your post well go think say you dey stay for Kensington Palace Gardens in London!
Any of these ring a bell? Marikana mine riots - 32 dead, Worse crime rate in the world, home of Soweto all stars, Rape more common than pure water sachet, ubiquitous male-nyash observers (homo thingz), Wetinnnnnnn no be South Africa again?
Truth SA is years ahead of Nigeria with great infrastructure and much different challenges but please please please dont regale us with tales of superb everything cos we know that just like our dear Naija, not everything is superb. Dont use your 504 to remind me my Fathers beetle is crap - no be person dey ride Ferarri? Bros abeg park well jare.
You have said it all bro!
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 05, 2013
991:

yeah! those are old boys too, i remember my guys Ochinanwata, Sabo, Ossy Oba, Pope, etc... good memories of those days.
R.I.P Nwanyi Awka (white house bar opp mimosa.)

Man so u kno ochinawata then am sure u knew Joseph they re from same place and sometimes togada in mimosa,is nwayi awka dead?.where is sabo and pope?do u remember alaowerri dat u guys killed?

I stayed in safari hotel.wat was ur name?do u kno konukos and osuofia?
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Venchy: 12:45pm On Apr 05, 2013
exxell: Story Of My Life..... from this write up, all I was able to deduce is one thing: YOU HAVE ALREADY MADE UP YOUR MIND NEVER TO COME BACK TO NIGERIA.YOU JUST WANT CHEAP PUBLICITY STUNT. I know that Nigeria is not perfect but slow and steady; we are getting there. It is better to be a king among my "poor" brothers than a slave among "rich" foreigners. When you die, I hope you will be buried in SA undecided undecided or will they kidnap your corpse too grin grin grin?

SUMMARY, WE DO NOT CARE!

OMG....why are we full of jealousy and envy, this poor guy is only asking for people's opnion and doesn't deserve to be slargeg off.

This is exactly the reaction of Nigerian Police that's suffering from chronic hunger, telling me this not Ameria, what an ass.

My broday from another mother, the truth is that NIGERIA is a lovely country but presently insane because of our Useless Leaders.

Please keep juggling both side as you are privileged to do so for my obvious reasons.

(1) No Medical facilities in Nigeria as you can see, our leaders are always flying abroad for treatment but MANDELA never stepped out of SA....fact, (2) your children can go to park for recreation which there's none in Lagos other than their SHOPRITE or whatever it's called (3) No Electricity, (4) Nigerian roads are DEATH TRAP and to summarise it all 10% of Nigerians are to be trusted and the rest are Crooks, haven't said that, you might be selling drugs cos because majoriy of us are on the fast lane.

Every nation have their own issues but Nigeria seems to be getting worse and it's very sad.

Money is nothing but health is Key to everything which SA will offer.

Appendicitis killed my friends Mum in 2008 when I visited Nigeria, took time to visit her at GBAGADA GENERAL HOPITAL where she was been treated and I can only stay for 5 min because the Ward looks like Makoko but I honestly don't know what it's like now.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by collins2good(m): 12:52pm On Apr 05, 2013
Rossikk: This is the problem with the media, exaggeration, and anti-Nigerian propaganda. Look at how this man's mind has been poisoned against Nigeria to the point where he cannot even see his country as it is, as opposed to the way enemies of progress want him to see it.

Please poster, if you want to return home, please feel free to do so. Infrastructure is getting better by the day, and is most certainly BETTER than when you left Nigeria 13 years ago. Most of the major federal highways are fixed or undergoing major renovation. 15 airports have been (and are being) completely remodelled. Major cities like Lagos, Port Harcourt, Enugu, Calabar etc are witnessing major infrastructural transformation. The railways are seeing unprecedented investment as is the power sector. In fact power generation has doubled in the last two years and many homes and businesses have seen greatly improved supply, with more plants coming on stream. The power sector is being privatized, so is certain to transform the sector as the telecoms privatization did to that sector.

I repeat for sake of emphasis:

In fact you are at least 3 times safer in Nigeria if you compare the crime rate in the two countries. Armed robberies have virtually ceased to exist in Nigeria compared to the spate of their occurrence 13 years ago when you lived here.

Kidnapping occurs, but is EXTREMELY RARE and you are statistically, most unlikely to be a victim. Even if you were, 9.9 times out of ten you will not come to any physical harm. Whoever told you that 10 people were kidnapped in Lekki in the last week or whatever is LYING to you. The usual exaggeration for which many miserable people here are well known for. There are millions and millions of well-to-do Nigerians, including ex-diasporans, who go about their business daily with no problems. There is no reason you and your family would not join them and go about your business daily, with no problems.

Economy wise, there could not be a better time to return to Nigeria. With GDP growing at 7% per annum, Nigeria is the place to be in Africa today. The Chinese are rushing in. As are the Indians, Lebanese, Europeans, Americans, and South Africans themselves. Hundreds of South African companies are establishing outlets here and their number keeps growing, as this country posts the highest returns on investment of any country in the developing world. The Nigerian middle class is growing, and poverty is reducing. The World Bank recently reported that poverty in Nigeria is on the decrease, as better governance leads to more opportunities for people to make progress.

So welcome home.

i believe you are talking about another nigeria, because the one am staying right now, i do wake up everyday with bad news everyehere
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Tonae: 12:56pm On Apr 05, 2013
@Playmode: To be frank with you, there is no advise at this forum that can be considered risk free, after all life it`s self no matter where you live it is a risk. Nigeria can never be considered the most dangerous/unfriendly place to live on God`s earth. Each and every nation has it`s own problems to contend with. It`s a shame enough that you have already spent 13 years of your life outside the shores of your father land in a country as near home as S/A without adducing any good reasons for that. There are crimes in Nigeria as much as there are in S/A and elsewhere including even the USA where there is rampant gun violence on daily basis. It all depends on how an extrovert or rather flamboyant you live your life that you may be exposed to danger on entry back to Nigeria. I say this because you seem to be the type that shows off unnecessarily considering your mention of your owning a property at Lekki which no one in the real sense of it cares about. There are millions of Nigerians who are far well off than you but still live and operate within the country without any molestation. It depends on how one lives and organizes his life. On the amenities you said you enjoy over there, it`s of no consequence. If you are a patriotic Nigerian, then the best thing to do is take a decision, come back home without any fears of harm to help build your father land. If everyone runs or rather stays away as you`ve done then there will be no Nigeria to call home. On your family, I think you are doing more harm to them than good by keeping your children away from getting acquainted with their roots from their early stages. You will be surprised to find them behaving like zombies on their return home as adults because South African social mentality is different from that of Nigeria. With all our shortcomings as a nation we still produce the best brains in Africa and that alone should tell you that there is something special about us from God. The decision is yours.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by Rossikk(m): 1:08pm On Apr 05, 2013
collins2good: i believe you are talking about another nigeria, because the one am staying right now, i do wake up everyday with bad news everyehere
You wake up with bad news everywhere? You need deliverance. I can recommend a good church. Or maybe you should go to your village so they can wash your head with traditional concoctions, and remove the curse on you.
Re: Should I Return To Nigeria? by playmode(m): 1:12pm On Apr 05, 2013
991:

you have a point here broda, i wanted to say more about that but the OP said his wife was online too. anyway lets talk about it now.
FACTS
1. it is always difficult, in fact almost impossible for a Xhosa/Zulu/Afikans(coloured)woman to follow you to nigeria with her kids to stay permanently.
2. southafrica has a law that empowers women more and children belongs to their mother in case of separation.
3. the moment you tell your southy wife about relocating to nigeria, she would involve her family and their response is always negative.
4. more than 40% of dead-wealthy-nigerians were killed by their wife (directly or indirectly) and it must has to do with relocating or dragging of children when you finally wants to go home.
5. many rich nigerians are in prison just because their wife set them up with the police so she can have all his money, the kids and property, the same wife who has been living with you and who knows all your secret. and once you finish serving your jail term you will be deported.
am sorry if the above is offensive to anyone reading but it the truth. if we say the entire truth the real headache the Op has now is the wife/inlaws. other wise no real naija-born-guy will complain of kidnapping in nigeria just after 13yrs of staying outside. his wife and inlaws just use those reasons to try to prevent the guy from taking the children to nigeria. believe me, it hurts them to see you go let alone take their children with you. i've been there broda.

Many of what you have said is true but please understand that it is only true depening on your circumstance.Allow me to address your comment analytically :

This is not entirely true because it depends on the caliber of woman you marry. You will agree with me that some of our brothers marry prostitutes from hotels like Safari Hotel and expect her to behave decently.
This is where they go wrong,how can you marry a woman who people pay for sex them expect her to be faithful to you? Most of these women who usually make bad wives are Xhosa, only a few are zulu and coloured.

I actually met my wife in swaziland,she was a manager at an IT firm there which I went to solicit a contract from and that is how we started dating. Within 6 months she applied for a job in SA and relocated to SA to be with me. My wife does not have any friend here in SA only business acquaintances because we are very private people. The only friend she has is me. Moreover she is educated, well informed and very ambitious.

If you read one of my older post , you will see that I mentioned that she is the one who started pushing me that we should move back to Nigeria.

My family knows her as she communicates with them every week and even offer carreer advice to my siblings. What I am trying to establish here is that many of our brothers just pick desperate uneducated babes on the street and marry them for papers. That is where they get in to trouble. If they had married an educated, independent woman who is loving and has the fear of GOD they won’t have problem.

My wife has no problem moving to Nigeria ,she knows the customs and culture already. All she wants is some clarity on the security of her family in Nigeria. At the end of the day her family can not stop her from coming to Nigeria. She is a grown woman and is only heeding their advice at the moment out of respect.

The law does not work like that. There are situations where the court will give full custody to the father.

It all depends on why you are splitting. If you are splitting because you can not work out your difference but will still continue to live in the same compound 1.e your wife stays in the house and the man stay in the boys quarters ,the court will award you joint custody and the terms will be worked out by your lawyers before the judge pronounces finals judgement. This means you and your child we get to spend time with your kids separately.

In the even that one of the parent posses a threat to the well being of the children the court will allow full custody to the other parent.

In the event that you the man is found to have cheated on your wife and caused her emotional pain ,the court will award full custody to your wife and give you visitation rights. You will not be allowed to reside on the same property with.

Like i said it all depends on the situation that leads to the separation. The main reason some Nigerians lose custody of their kids is because they are not conversant with the marital laws of South Africa. This law is the same as everywhere in the civilized and it ensures that woman and men are protected from spousal abuse.

I also have to disagree with this brother, not all SA in laws are bad.MY inlaws are very nice people. They even support super eagles during the Afcon cup. SA in laws do not expect much from you other than for you to take good care of their daughter.

Surely if you have a daughter and she tells you she wants to visit sudan, what will be your reaction? Parents are naturally protective of their children so it will be unfair for to hastily judge them.If you tell an SA that you are taking their daughter to USA ,they will not complain.

It is all about perception, Nigeria unfortunately has a not too pleasant image so many people outside are misinformed. Nollywood also worsens the silly exaggerated witchcraft and rituals movies they make. I don’t how many South Africa a week who ask me if juju is used so often by wicked people in Nigeria.

At the end of the we Nigerians do more harm than good in the way we behave overseas ,the movies we make and the news that emanates from Nigeria daily.My in laws never objected to my wife going to Nigeria ,they just want me to promise to look after like any in law will do.

This maybe true and i have heard stories of such but can not confirm any of it.Again this boil down to the type of women they married.If you marry a decent woman ,chances of her doing is 0%.If their wives genuinely loved them ,they would not have done that.

Now my question to you is this ,what secret were they keeping Pardon me but from your post it seems you are saying this Nigerian guys were criminals and their wives knew about their criminal activities. I hope that is not what you are saying because if it then i am shocked. I for one do not care for the Nigerians who are committing crimes in SA.I happen to be member of a community policing forums and have gotten quite a few criminals arrested through tips. These boys are damaging our reputation in SA and ruining people's lives with their endless crimes.

I have no secret as i am a law abiding registered tax payer in South Africa so there is no way anyone can set me up.Every penny i make is accounted for and properly documented. Even if they plant cocaine in my house or office i won't go to jail because my lawyers will prove beyond a doubt after providing the court with forensic data that I earn a honest living and was a victim of an attempted set up. I don't think you should use this line of argument because it will make it look like you are sympathizing with Nigerian criminals in SA.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Fayose Likens Sheriff To A Bride With HIV / Abba Kyari Reacts To Comment About Him On Facebook From Someone He Helped / Abike Dabiri Has Not Called Us - Family Of Man Killed By Her Orderly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.