Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,428 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Ekiti Deputy-Governor Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Deputy-Governor Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead (43541 Views)

Lere Olayinka Preparing For Arrest & Detention By Buhari's DSS / Professor Olayinka Is New VC Of University Of Ibadan / I Am GLAD That Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti Deputy-Governor Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead by Azcreativ(m): 12:01am On Apr 07, 2013
May her soul rest in perfect peace. May God grant your family the fortitude to handle the loss.
Re: Ekiti Deputy-Governor Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead by sammietos(m): 12:01am On Apr 07, 2013
Below is her biography:

Olufunmilayo Aduni Olayinka was the Deputy Governor of Ekiti State, Nigeria until April 6, 2013.

A proven technocrat and seasoned professional banker, Mrs Olufunmilayo Aduni Olayinka (nee Famuagun) was born in Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State Nigeria on the 20th of June 1960. She attended Holy Trinity Grammar School Ibadan where she obtained her first school leaving certificate with distinction. She subsequently proceeded to Olivet Baptist High School, Oyo State, Nigeria where she obtained her Higher School Certificate (HSC).

Mrs Olufunmilayo Olayinka holds a Masters Degree in Public Administration and a Bachelor of Business Administration [Marketing] from Central State University, Edmond, Oklahoma, United States in 1981 and 1983 respectively. She was three times winner of the Dean’s Honour roll.

A Marketing Analyst & Strategist who started her career in Banking with First Bank of Nigeria Plc in 1986, she later worked as Relationship Manager for Corporate Accounts in Access Bank, the now defunct Merchant Banking Corporation [MBC] and United Bank for Africa Plc.

In August 2002, She took up a new challenge in Corporate Communications and promptly proceeded to Head the Corporate Affairs Division, United Bank for Africa. She later became Head, Brand Management & Corporate Affairs, thereby leading the Team responsible for delivering a compelling Brand proposition and re-branding of the United Bank for Africa which helped to drive the bank’s business strategy & added value to the total image of the Brand.

She was also the 2nd Vice President of the Association of Corporate Managers of Banks between 2002 and 2004.

She played notable strategic roles during the Merger process of the erstwhile United Bank for Africa & Standard Trust Bank where she co-chaired the Branding Sub-Committee. She also served as a key member of the Media Relations Sub-Committee.

Until her recent election as the Deputy Governor of Ekiti State, she was Head of Corporate Services, Ecobank Transatlantic Inc where she was responsible for communicating the bank’s activities to the public, relationship management with the Public and providing feedback to management as it relates to the total image of the Bank . In addition, she also oversaw the General Internal Services Unit with responsibility for overall co-ordination of administrative services for the entire bank.

http://www.nisotpost.com/2013/04/06/news/the-woman-olufunmilayo-aduni-olayinka-june-20-1960-april-6-2013/

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Deputy-Governor Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead by tigonana: 12:01am On Apr 07, 2013
oluwadare26: I just called the Governor now confirming the authenticity of the news...
R.I.P Aunty Funmi!
I can never forget how u treat us (boss family) very well...
mke we knw say u sabi d governor abi kaabo.
Re: Ekiti Deputy-Governor Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead by 2million1(m): 12:05am On Apr 07, 2013
r.i.p ma
Re: Ekiti Deputy-Governor Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead by tomakint: 12:05am On Apr 07, 2013
RIP to you Madam Funmilayo Olayinka!
Re: Ekiti Deputy-Governor Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead by Nobody: 12:05am On Apr 07, 2013
vanstanzy: RIP! My sweet heroin. embarassed embarassed embarassed

But the way the Yoruba folks on this forum disregard the dead is alarming. shocked shocked Imagine whats going on in the Chinua Achebe thread, despite the man is dead. Na wa o!
so its supposed to be a competition eh? Mcheew
Re: Ekiti Deputy-Governor Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead by 5alive(m): 12:13am On Apr 07, 2013
pls maam, dont die, we need u, nigerians need u, d whole world needs u.... Pls return if possible...*sobbing*....
Such a great woman
Re: Ekiti Deputy-Governor Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead by Ninilowo(m): 12:16am On Apr 07, 2013
omenka:

What a dead mushroom u are. At what point did people start comparing number of mourners? What purpose does that serve when one is dead

Abi oo. Awon min a kan maa ko ikokuko. Ki lo kan kaaro oojiire peluu ajokuta ma mumi?
Re: Ekiti Deputy-Governor Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead by Ninilowo(m): 12:19am On Apr 07, 2013
RIP maam buh this CANCER of a disease is fast overtaking HIV/AID ooo. Abi na exposure to AV rays due to depletion of OZONE layer ni?
Re: Ekiti Deputy-Governor Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead by Bobandgreat: 12:19am On Apr 07, 2013
The good die young and old these days while the wicked don't even fall sick even in their old age. May the good lord replace any further deaths of the good with the deaths of Tinubu, Buhari, Shekau, Anenih, Tukur, etc.
Re: Ekiti Deputy-Governor Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead by musiwa23: 12:21am On Apr 07, 2013
I hope she was not murdered and they now try to claim it is cancer. because the nigeria govt is know for murder.

Olufunmilayo Aduni Olayinka

Lossing a gem like this, brings tear to my eyes.

I am lost for word.

I never knew she was sick.

I just cant believe you die,

It hurt to know you die.

I just cant stop crying.

Till we meet in heaven , just like we did on earth

Your Musiwa.

Su re.

What is that hope i have
the kingdom of God
Is that hope i have
the kingdom of God.

I shall wear a crown, i shall wear crown, in thy new jerusalam.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Deputy-Governor Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead by Nobody: 12:26am On Apr 07, 2013
musiwa23: I hope she was not murdered and they now try to claim it is cancer. because the nigeria govt is know for murder.

Olufunmilayo Aduni Olayinka

Lossing a gem like this, brings tear to my eyes.

I am lost for word.

I never knew she was sick.

I just cant believe you die,

It hurt to know you die.

I just cant stop crying.

Till we meet in heaven , just like we did on earth

Your Musiwa.

Su re.

What is that hope i have
the kingdom of God
Is that hope i have
the kingdom of God.

I shall wear a crown, i shall wear crown, in thy new jerusalam.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... give it a rest dawg.... the biaatch is dead!!

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Deputy-Governor Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead by musiwa23: 12:33am On Apr 07, 2013
she was not a bitch.. she was a good person.
Re: Ekiti Deputy-Governor Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead by Amdoyin(m): 12:33am On Apr 07, 2013
Innalilahi waina lilaih rojiuna...! May allah grant her aljanat fridauo... My condolence 2 Dr fayemi, d gud pple of ekiti state nd her fmly at large. May allah gives dem d fortitude 2 bear d great d loss.
Re: Ekiti Deputy-Governor Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead by vislabraye(m): 12:34am On Apr 07, 2013
I hardly hear of people surviving cancer except through a miracle.
May God grant her family the fortitude.
Re: Ekiti Deputy-Governor Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead by Nobody: 12:47am On Apr 07, 2013
RIP to this beautiful woman. sad
Re: Ekiti Deputy-Governor Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead by Nobody: 12:50am On Apr 07, 2013
vislabraye: I hardly hear of people surviving cancer except through a miracle.
May God grant her family the fortitude.

I have a 36 year old patient who has cervical cancer, she has a little child she brought into this world last year before the cancer was detected. It's just so sad cry
Re: Ekiti Deputy-Governor Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead by Nobody: 1:03am On Apr 07, 2013
Otumorkpor at work cry

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Deputy-Governor Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead by rosebowl01(m): 1:31am On Apr 07, 2013
This is really really sad. Rest in peace Mrs Funmilayo Olayinka. The entire Ekiti state people, and the rest of Nigeria miss you.
Re: Ekiti Deputy-Governor Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead by bornosheikh: 1:34am On Apr 07, 2013
RIP! My sweet heroin. embarassed embarassed embarassed

But the way the Yoruba folks on this forum disregard the dead is alarming. shocked shocked Imagine whats going on in the Chinua Achebe thread, despite the man is dead. Na wa o!

Its Heroine not heroin.

Us Fula in the north understand. Awo's free education abi!
Re: Ekiti Deputy-Governor Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead by musiwa23: 1:37am On Apr 07, 2013
I hope she was not murdered and they now try to claim it is cancer. because the nigeria govt is know for murder.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Deputy-Governor Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead by justayo: 1:42am On Apr 07, 2013
RIP Madam
Re: Ekiti Deputy-Governor Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead by airfinance(m): 1:44am On Apr 07, 2013
beblessed: I just saw it on AIT. It is well with the family.
amen
]
Re: Ekiti Deputy-Governor Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead by Nobody: 1:46am On Apr 07, 2013
Beautiful woman...

Adieu.. sad
Re: Ekiti Deputy-Governor Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead by Nobody: 1:48am On Apr 07, 2013
She's beautiul.

RIP
Re: Ekiti Deputy-Governor Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead by GalaxyNoteII: 1:51am On Apr 07, 2013
So sad.

Rest in peace, Iyawo Ekiti.

cry cry
Re: Ekiti Deputy-Governor Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead by Solowande(m): 1:58am On Apr 07, 2013
Odunnu:
Please, I beg you in the name of whatever it is you hold sacred, stop stalking me. I made my post from a very innocent mind, please do not adulterate it. Drop yours and move on. Dont try to start a fight here, especially with Cutie cool
na wao! fighting over d dead dat's nt related to u
Re: Ekiti Deputy-Governor Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead by Nobody: 2:01am On Apr 07, 2013
bornosheikh: RIP! My sweet heroin. embarassed embarassed embarassed

Its Heroine not heroin.

Us Fula in the north understand. Awo's free education abi!

What can I say?
Rascals will always be rascally
Re: Ekiti Deputy-Governor Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead by Nobody: 2:27am On Apr 07, 2013
tpia@:

do you people even know how to post without fighting your invisible enemies in the air, who are constantly fighting you?

drop your condolences and move on, i didnt see anyone claiming immortality anywhere, so where is your rant coming from.

one day it will be your turn, is that news?

grin grin grin
Re: Ekiti Deputy-Governor Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead by Nobody: 2:28am On Apr 07, 2013
icebeatz:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... give it a rest dawg.... the biaatch is dead!!

shocked undecided
Re: Ekiti Deputy-Governor Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead by vmonyoue: 2:39am On Apr 07, 2013
RIP
Re: Ekiti Deputy-Governor Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead by tpia5: 2:40am On Apr 07, 2013
wow musiwa, you were really attached to the lady.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Atiku Reacts As Supreme Court Dismissed His Appeal Against Buhari / Jonathan Faces Suspension Over PDP’s Defeat In Bayelsa - Daily Trust / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Her Husband At Democratic Party Convention In USA (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.