Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,178 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? (12937 Views)

Guys:...an Emergency Husband Is Needed / Worst Thing Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Has Ever Done? / Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Orikinla(m): 7:44pm On Sep 27, 2011
Imagine you are caught up in a bloody riot and you're hiding to escape from hoodlums and other dangers and the only person you can reach is your boyfriend.
But does your guy have the balls to come to your rescue?

It could be really embarrassing to date a guy who would simply pee in his pants at the sound of a gunshot or even run ahead of you to save his life first instead of being heroic or see your guy beaten up in your presence by a bully.
Only cowards are scared of bullies.
Are you sure your boyfriend is not a coward?
I mean is he a brave guy or a chickenhearted weakling?

In these interesting times of emergencies, you better be prepared for the challenges of facing dangers anywhere and anytime in Nigeria or elsewhere, especially in the middle belt of Nigeria that is fast getting bloodier like the Middle East where terrorists are killing people and Desecrating helpless women.

SECURITY should be your TOP PRIORITY in every relationship.

1 Like

Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by kokoye(m): 7:49pm On Sep 27, 2011
Is your boyfriend smart enough to stay alive too?

ti omo boy ba t'ori obirin ku, egbegberun okunrin lo ma gun ori obirin naa

my boy died because of his girlfriend at the time . . .she married his best friend in less than a year. true story.

1 Like

Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Orikinla(m): 7:52pm On Sep 27, 2011
kokoye:

Is your boyfriend smart enough to stay alive too?

ti omo boy ba t'ori obirin ku, egbegberun okunrin lo ma gun ori obirin naa

my boy died because of his girlfriend at the time . . .she married his best friend in less than a year. true story.

What if a bully tried to harass your girlfriend at a club, so what would you do?
Beg him or defend her?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by claremont(m): 7:57pm On Sep 27, 2011
No one is worth dying for IMO, all primates are designed to be selfish when it comes to a fight/flight response.

As for fighting for another person, it's better prevented than experienced. I wouldn't like my skinny bones to be broken because of anyone.

Call me selfish if you want, but selfishness is a character trait all humans possess, the only difference among us is in the degree of selfishness displayed.

2 Likes

Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by kokoye(m): 7:58pm On Sep 27, 2011
Orikinla:

What if a bully tried to harass your girlfriend at a club, so what would you do?
Beg him or defend her?

I wont go to clubs where there are bullies.

I have been to several clubs with my wife and we have never encountered such.

Now if I have to defend my wife, my sister, my parents or my children, yes I will.

But girlfriend is another thing bro. . . .and thank God I am past that stage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by r231(m): 8:15pm On Sep 27, 2011
undecided undecided
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 27, 2011
@OP
This is 2011. A lot of women know how to protect themselves. I have dated women who walked around with guns(in their purses). That era when men needed to protect women is fast fading away.

1 Like

Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Cuddlemii: 8:40pm On Sep 27, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I just remembered when Will Smith could not protect Nia long in one of the episodes of The fresh prince of bel air. I think season 4. She was the one that beat up the bullies or robbers. Will was so embarrassed that he started taking raw eggs & working out, almost caused their break up. Nothing wrong with dating a black belt lady or a sheeva that would protect herself and her man from danger.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 27, 2011
well i no be God so i dey always tell my babes to always be careful. earlier today, i still warned the damsel whose pix appears on my profile to steer clear trouble and BS

1 Like

Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by tellwisdom: 11:24pm On Sep 27, 2011
well i no be God so i dey always tell my babes to always be careful. earlier today, i still warned the damsel whose pix appears on my profile to steer clear trouble and BS

Wetin u dey talk about?? angry
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 27, 2011
what can u deduce?
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Nobody: 2:58am On Sep 28, 2011
@poster
there is a HUGE different between being scared and being SMART!!!

people have to be honest and true to themselves, what is "getting both of your asses kicked" gonna solve?
if she finds herself in that predicament then i will surely call the cops to go to her rescue because i sure wont die for her.

thinking that you will go there to save her honor when A) you have no idea who are these bullies and B) getting your asss kicked will simply allow them to continue whatever they were doing IS WRONG!!!!

if she is so concerned about her wellbeing then she should call someone who TRULY give a damn about her (like her father/brother). instead of calling her bf, this damsel should use her damn head and run for her life, lol!!!!
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by MrsChima1(f): 3:45am On Sep 28, 2011
LMAO@the men making excuses grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by ShyOne(f): 3:48am On Sep 28, 2011
wow

Shy is listening and learning

grin grin grin grin
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by ShyOne(f): 3:53am On Sep 28, 2011
@ Topic

I am not a fighter - though I talk bold many times on this forum because Shy is very, very, very passionate.

But I can say this and God is my witness - My man won't get beat up in front of me - If he is beat - we will get beat together because we will be fighting tooth and nail back to back.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith Style and That is A Promise. I won't run - I won't leave him - I will call on Jesus Name - But I will Fight.

If he runs and reaches for me - I will run with him - but whatever we do - it will be together. I won't leave him and if he leaves me - it will be the last time he ever sees me.

1 Like

Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Nobody: 4:05am On Sep 28, 2011
Mrs C
you do remember that we had that conversation once before about saving your gal's honor in a club, right? i think your words (and Mz darkskin) back then were: biatch ass pu[b]s[/b]sy etc lol

you ladies have watched too many movies with prince charming, this is the real world!

now here is a very simple scenario that all you ladies should think about:
arm roobers attacked you in your own home and demand that they either gang[b]r[/b]ape you (wifey) or kill your husband. what do you think the husband will chose?
now ask the same husband what he will chose if they are g[b]a[/b]y arm robbers and they are either gonna gangr[b]a[/b]pe HIM or kill wifey. sadly many will answer:" KAI, better kill the wife oh!" lol!!!
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by ShyOne(f): 4:10am On Sep 28, 2011
In the real world we do have men that will fight for your honor

Not trying to challenge you MBJ - but there are men that will stand up - and they will stand up right away - Every man I have dated has fought on my behalf and that is truth.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Nobody: 4:21am On Sep 28, 2011
^^of course there are such men out there, and sadly many have DIED, ended up in jail or were left with life injuries, in the process. what i have always said is: there is NOTHING a man can do to protect/save a woman's honor that COPS CANT DO EVEN BETTER.

a stint in jail will bring back senses to anyone who dared offending your honor, and will even make you richer in the same process.

i am ready to die for my beliefs but a woman's honor is not one of them. . . . . . . .but that's just me!
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by ShyOne(f): 4:24am On Sep 28, 2011
^^^

fine ok. embarassed
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Nobody: 4:49am On Sep 28, 2011
If I was a boyfriend and I loved my gal I would definatly protect and rescue her!
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by MrsChima1(f): 4:59am On Sep 28, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

Mrs C
you do remember that we had that conversation once before about saving your gal's honor in a club, right? i think your words (and Mz darkskin) back then were: biatch Bottom pu[b]s[/b]sy etc lol

You marinated that in your mind huh? grin grin grin grin Now be fair MBJ. We were talking about when hoes call themselves trying to jump my girl because the man wanted my girl and of course I am not going to sit there and let my girl get jumped. Come on now MBJ.

One thing about Mrs. Chima, I don't just talk shit and I will stand on my own in real life. I am not fake like some people on NL and keeping it 100% is my motto but I sure the hell will not let no one jump my girl and not do anything about it.

I am sure you would do the same for your boy and try to help him by doing something not necessarily fight a big mofo but scratch him or something.

That's just me.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by MrsChima1(f): 5:08am On Sep 28, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

you ladies have watched too many movies with prince charming, this is the real world!

now here is a very simple scenario that all you ladies should think about:
arm roobers attacked you in your own home and demand that they either gang[b]r[/b]ape you (wifey) or kill your husband. what do you think the husband will chose?
now ask the same husband what he will chose if they are g[b]a[/b]y arm robbers and they are either gonna gangr[b]a[/b]pe HIM or kill wifey. sadly many will answer:" KAI, better kill the wife oh!" lol!!!

I am not into sugary nor fairy tales. I do not expect every men to run behind their bootycallers but I do expect a husband to protect his wife. A man that loves his wife will protect his wife at all costs the same thing goes for the wife to her husband.

Now you mentioned a scenario about if an arm robber attacked the couple and what would the husband or wife say. Let me tell you this, even if the husband say kill the wife doesn't mean the husband won't die as well. It is better to defend and win then to point finger and may not live. You are going to die anyway so you might as well go out with a bang.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Nobody: 5:46am On Sep 28, 2011
@Mrs C

you ladies are missing a very important point: if your bf tries to defend your honor and get knocked the fukc out, do you know what that means? it means that whoever knocked his light out can do whatever he pleases with you and your "honor". so, unless your "protector" is the strongest man alive, able to withstand knives and bullets (which i doubt), fighting in public is a waste of time. the most you should do is warn that person to act right, and if he doesnt, CALL THE COPS.

let's be realistic here: if you get yourself in trouble because of whatever reason (running your mouth etc) then you got whats coming for you. expecting your man to jump in and fight some moffo simply because you couldnt ACT RIGHT is not only insane but childish. you NEED to get your a[b]s[/b]s whooped so that you know how to act in public in the future. if the guy is just drunk/crazy and act a fool towards you then CALL THE COPS!

anyone with an inch of class would ALWAYS walk away from such stoopidity, if you cant then it's just a matter of time before you get a wake up call (aka a[b]s[/b]s whooping). and here below is what you may look like:

Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Nobody: 5:54am On Sep 28, 2011
For wifey, I gat no choice but to step in. Bone of my bone, flesh of my flesh, mother of my children. This woman deserves my complete and total intervention.

For a Gf? This is another matter that depends on a lot of things:
1- Did she run around looking to start sh1t with folk? cuz I don't entertain the fancies of crazy women.
2- Is a gun involved and can the person holding it be bargained with? I can handle a brawl between 2-3 men but I wouldn't want to have to catch a bullet for a GF.

Of-course all this is going on with the cops already on their way.

Fact is simply this mehn, clear and simple, if you get maimed or die trying to protect her "honor", b1tch is SURE going to move on with her life. She'd be like "thanks for taking that bullet for me that severed your spine causing you permanent leg paralysis, but I can't spend the rest of my life with someone in a wheel chair. I know you did it for me, but I'm not as strong as you  cry cry cry Goodbye  embarassed embarassed". And all you can do is sit there, trip & hate your life as you see her 5 months later making out with another man while you stare at a distance from your wheelchair  angry

I know this scenario never makes it into the romance novels, but most real-life situations never do. This scenario has happened [b]many [/b]times.

So seriously, in the spirit of realism, under certain conditions . . . FASHI GF.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by MrsChima1(f): 6:14am On Sep 28, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@Mrs C

you ladies are missing a very important point: if your bf tries to defend your honor and get knocked the fukc out, do you know what that means? it means that whoever knocked his light out can do whatever he pleases with you and your "honor". so, unless your "protector" is the strongest man alive, able to withstand knives and bullets (which i doubt), fighting in public is a waste of time. the most you should do is warn that person to act right, and if he doesnt, CALL THE COPS.

let's be realistic here: if you get yourself in trouble because of whatever reason (running your mouth etc) then you got whats coming for you. expecting your man to jump in and fight some moffo simply because you couldnt ACT RIGHT is not only insane but childish. you NEED to get your a[b]s[/b]s whooped so that you know how to act in public in the future. if the guy is just drunk/crazy and act a fool towards you then CALL THE COPS!

anyone with an inch of class would ALWAYS walk away from such stoopidity, if you cant then it's just a matter of time before you get a wake up call (aka a[b]s[/b]s whooping). and here below is what you may look like:

LMAO@the picture  grin grin grin grin grin grin  The girl's arse all out with a shoe missing.   grin grin

MBJ, I should have said SOME men will not defend their women but I expect husbands to defend their wives and vice versa.  I can only speak for me and mine.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Nobody: 6:37am On Sep 28, 2011
@2buff
paralysis is too much, some women will leave you simply because you got knocked out cold. true story!!!

@Mrs C
even a husband SHOULDNT fight to save his wifey's honor (unless he is ready to die for that honor). do you actually believe that wifey will stay with his "unemployed" paralyzed a[b]s[/b]s? how many do you know will gladly push you in a wheelchair for the rest of his/your life? many say they will but, give them time, and i doubt they would.

in the world that we live today, everyone has either a GUN, a KNIFE or some form of weapon to defend themselves. so let me be honest and say: I (MBJ) am AFRAID of guns, I (MBJ) am AFRAID of knives/bottles, I (MBJ) am AFRAID of death. . . . . . . . . . anyone who aint and can stare at a gun barrel and STILL talk about "honor" is a damn fool!
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by MrsChima1(f): 6:40am On Sep 28, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@2buff
paralysis is too much, some women will leave you simply because you got knocked out cold. true story!!!

@Mrs C
even a husband SHOULDNT fight to save his wifey's honor (unless he is ready to die for that honor). do you actually believe that wifey will stay with his "unemployed" paralyzed a[b]s[/b]s? how many do you know will gladly push you in a wheelchair for the rest of his/your life? many say they will but, give them time, and i doubt they would.

in the world that we live today, everyone has either a GUN, a KNIFE or some form of weapon to defend themselves. so let me be honest and say: I (MBJ) am AFRAID of guns, I (MBJ) am AFRAID of knives/bottles, I (MBJ) am AFRAID of death. . . . . . . . . .  anyone who aint and can stare at a gun barrel and STILL talk about "honor" is a damn fool!

When I said I only speak for me and mine I am talking about me and mine.  I don't care what other men won't do for their wives that on them.  Good luck to the wives that doesn't have the brave heart type men.  Again, I don't expect some men to protect their women. 

You do not have to convince me I already know punkish men won't do it.  There is nothing wrong with being a punk, I understand.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by ShyOne(f): 6:41am On Sep 28, 2011
It is a funny picture - laughable actually

MBJ's examples are asinine - "we women run our mouths" - and because of that men shouldn't fight on our behalves.

I'm just not understanding - clearly I think it is more about the fact that MBJ - ISN'T A PROPONENT OF FIGHTING and doesn't want to   grin - and actually that is his right and that is ok - he can choose to not defend his woman, and he can choose to walk/run away.  That is on him.  I don't care for fighting either - but there are times where fighting is THE ONLY CHOICE.

Just be honest - the scenarios listed are listed to defend the position to call 911.  And there is nothing wrong with calling 911 - IF YOU HAVE THAT OPTION AND TIME TO MAKE THAT CALL.

In all honesty - the situations I have observed - been involved in personally and have known of others who have been placed in - there is no time to call 911 - everything goes too fast.  Home invasions, robberies, gang fights in Night Clubs - that moves too fast - it is "Fight or Flight" and most times it is "Fight"

I have yet to meet an AA male that didn't defend his woman IMMEDIATELY no questions asked - no alibis given - no trying to talk their way into or out of a situation - they just threw hands and it was over with quickly.  Not much blood shed - I have seen people with guns and guns removed from them right away.

As much as MBJ goes on and on and on about why he won't , why he shouldn't.  Others have knocked the perpetrators unconscious and moved on to their next activity.  I don't know - maybe I have just been lucky - or maybe it is just my makeup and men feel protective towards me - I have had 3 serious relationships in my life and all 3 men have been very protective - embarrassingly so.  

No man or woman would dare put their hand on me in their presence or out of their presence as the men were very well known.  I have never started a fight as public disagreements are shameful - but jealousy and envy are prevalent in the black community.  Men will stalk you and women will hound you.

There are times where you have to stand and fight - running will get you killed and many times you don't have time to grab a phone - when those options are removed - you will have to stand your ground.  It matters not what be your lot - be it wife or girlfriend or friend.
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by Nobody: 6:46am On Sep 28, 2011
Cuddlemii:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I just remembered when Will Smith could not protect Nia long in one of the episodes of The fresh prince of bel air. I think season 4. She was the one that beat up the bullies or robbers. Will was so embarrassed that he started taking raw eggs & working out, almost caused their break up. Nothing wrong with dating a black belt lady or a sheeva that would protect herself and her man from danger.

Lol that shit was crazy. Reminds me of Stewie Griffin from family guy too. . hilarious

@topic very funny. That's why you have cops WTF do I look like bulletproof armored tank?  If some physical boxing sure the nigga will be gone in seconds or maybe some careless shooting
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by ShyOne(f): 6:48am On Sep 28, 2011
the photo is interesting - i like the yellow boot in the far lower right hand corner - cute, really cute - I have a shoe fetish grin

that pump ole girl is wearing isn't too bad either
Re: Can Your Boyfriend Protect You In An Emergency? by MrsChima1(f): 6:51am On Sep 28, 2011
REALITY101:

Lol that poo was crazy. Reminds me of Stewie Griffin from family guy too. . hilarious

@topic very funny. That's why you have cops WTF do I look like bulletproof armored tank?  If some physical boxing sure the nigga will be gone in seconds or maybe some careless shooting

Bravo. I didn't expect anything different from you. undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Money Or Attention: Which Do Ladies Prefer? / Ladies,which One Of This Two Will You Choose???(photo) / Help Ooo. My Girlfriend Of One Week Is Pregnant.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.