Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,677 members, 7,820,376 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend (6038 Views)

Why Don't I Have A Boyfriend / Tell Or Don't Tell? / What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Mommabear: 7:09pm On Apr 12, 2013
carefreewannabe: @mommabear

you repeated twice that you are sure you love EACH OTHER
you seem to be convinced on the one hand that he loves you
but there is a voice of doubt on the other hand

how do you expect people here to help you? some will say, marry him, others, he needs papers and is using you or something like that. you'll be confused at the end.

my advice: listen to yourself!

I think one should be at least 99 % sure before entering a marriage. maybe, you need some more time. how long have you been together? ask yourself.
Together talking one year! Just returned from a month with him! Thanks for the input!
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by 50calibre(m): 7:11pm On Apr 12, 2013
I don't know why people can't apply common sense. Why on earth would a 28 year old guy love a 51 year old woman? To what end? You can't even have kids anymore.

This is beyond insanity.
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Nobody: 7:52pm On Apr 12, 2013
Mommabear:
You are right there is nothing at all but I work with many African nationals who are totally cool and I met him and things transpired to where they are today! My month in Nigeria was amazing! I saw first hand the hardships and the corruption of the gov't. I wanted a real view of life there not the glitz of the city! But realistically I guess I am setting the stage for emotional destruction! I always asked him why a handsome man did not find a beautiful Nigerian woman , as there are many! He said they want man with money so I guess to get that woman takes hooking up with someone like me , get what he wants then move on!
But being in Nigeria was amazing I unlike others here enjoyed being there

Yup smiley
That was also a very blunt response he gave, because what that simply meant was that "I can't find a beautiful young woman because I'm broke. When I happen to NOT be so broke anymore...I will find a beautiful young woman" grin
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 12, 2013
op after living your life to the fullest now you want to interfere in that young man life? That's somebody‘s child! !!how would you feel if that was your son? He's only 28 for christ‘a sake! !
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 12, 2013
@kenyattaMoore:
op after living your life to the fullest now you want to interfere in that young man life? That's somebody‘s child! !!how would you feel if that was your son? He's only 28 for christ‘a sake! !

come on, he is not a victim here. and at 28 people are considered adults. moreover, his family treats her in a very friendly way.

1 Like

Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 12, 2013
carefreewannabe:

come on, he is not a victim here. and at 28 people are considered adults. moreover, his family treats her in a very friendly way.

Same way you would treat your son's "employer" in a very friendly way. grin
You no go wan pour sand for hin garri naw cheesy
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 12, 2013
2buff:

Same way you would treat your son's "employer" in a very friendly way. grin
You no go wan pour sand for hin garri naw cheesy

If it was my son, I would tell the two of them what I think of the union.
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 12, 2013
carefreewannabe:

I just feel like at 28 he still has life ahead of him why waste it on Mommabear who has lived her life already? Anyway ,I would not want to stress the op. undecided
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 12, 2013
@kenyattaMoore:

I just feel like at 28 he still has life ahead of him why waste it on Mommabear who has lived her life already? Anyway ,I would not want to stress the op. undecided

YOU think he still has life ahead of him. What does HE think? The poster is NOT forcing him, is she?
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 12, 2013
I hate hustle spoilers.

1 Like

Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by overdrive(m): 8:23pm On Apr 12, 2013
Mommabear pls kindly link me up wt someone age is all in d mind.if u feel fifty then u are fifty it matters not to me. grin
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 12, 2013
carefreewannabe:

YOU think he still has life ahead of him. What does HE think? The poster is NOT forcing him, is she?

YOU don't know all the story either, do you?
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by kambo(m): 8:29pm On Apr 12, 2013
wisdom looks ahead ... At 51 u still talking like u need to b whippd on d bumbum . Imagine ths drivel frm u. See many people hav insensible crushes but they stiffle them out. Temptation will come stupid seeds will b planted on ur mind but actg out ths foolish script is shameful. 20yrs+ from now he's gonna thnk what got into him? What he saw in dat old hag , he'll accuse u of manipulating him , he'll run around and justify it.. Dnt come crying then.. U've been told.
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 12, 2013
carefreewannabe:

If it was my son, I would tell the two of them what I think of the union.

I feel you jare I jus dey joke
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 12, 2013
@kenyattaMoore:

YOU don't know all the story either, do you?

So?
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 12, 2013
Morayo747: I hate hustle spoilers.

The feeling is mutual bro.

2buff, gee, Let these two people be.
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 12, 2013
val_dee:

The feeling is mutual bro.

2buff, gee, Let these two people be.

"You hate hustle spoilers"...SMH
Especially when the hustle involves scamming and hurting people.
I no dey follow una with that una logic. I disagree entirely.

If I smell disaster, and a brother or sister is too wrapped up in smoke or mirrors to sense what's possibly at the end of the tunnel, I will introduce reason so the person is not so handicapped by charades.

What the person decides to do then is their choice.
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by kambo(m): 10:38pm On Apr 12, 2013
she's lookg for love and prbly a yung stud - he is looking for a ticket and just found his cat paw. Recocilg the two is like mixing acid and water. I smell an explosion coming some scalding burn and burning regrets...
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 12, 2013
2buff:

If I smell disaster, and a brother or sister is too wrapped up in smoke or mirrors to sense what's possibly at the end of the tunnel, I will introduce reason so the person is not so handicapped by charades.

In my opinion this is a symbiotic relationship.LET THEM BE!
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 12, 2013
2buff:

Gee, the bolded sums it up.

You don't know this guy from Adam, how could you judge his intention?

96% of the union we see today has some deep lying motives, including yours.

They know each other more than we do, let them be.
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by hardniola(m): 12:09am On Apr 13, 2013
i beleive d op is a naija person forming.
Nd YORUBA family we never approve ur married if u her older than d guy........even if u are from naija they we never approv d son marring older woman.
If truelly u are canadian watch ur back nd dont come sing to our hear how naija scam uuuuuuu the forum disapprove ur being together or married..........i no some pipo we abuse me but dats just it.
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by 50calibre(m): 12:13am On Apr 13, 2013
overdrive: Mommabear pls kindly link me up wt someone age is all in d mind.if u feel fifty then u are fifty it matters not to me. grin

Predator craftily seeking a prey.
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Nobody: 3:41am On Apr 13, 2013
carefreewannabe:

So?

What does that tell you?
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Nobody: 3:42am On Apr 13, 2013
hardniola: i beleive d op is a naija person forming.
Nd YORUBA family we never approve ur married if u her older than d guy........even if u are from naija they we never approv d son marring older woman.
If truelly u are canadian watch ur back nd dont come sing to our hear how naija scam uuuuuuu the forum disapprove ur being together or married..........i no some pipo we abuse me but dats just it.
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by oyinbogirl(f): 5:21am On Apr 13, 2013
2buff: Wow....I know it might be tough to hear it but...please look out for gentlemen in your area to have a close, meaningful relationship with. Something more "real" that makes sense to the entirety of your being. Spirit, soul and body.

What you have going on here is a fantasy. There are people who specialize in using people with fantasies to achieve realistic ends e.g getting a Canadian PR and getting on with his life without you. It is also going to be a tough sell to Canadian immigration because they see this everyday. You wouldn't be the first.

His family, coworkers, friends, etc could easily show support because having a friend or brother in Canada would benefit them too. Such is the reality of the world madam.

I know it's hard, but I implore you not to let the loneliness get you naive.
I know when operating on this frequency it is hard to remember the consequences, like what you stand to lose after the seemingly expected divorce. I don't know what you have, but it is possible that he will be having a cut of it after it happens.

If none of these matter to you and you just want to experience the ride, then all the best. (I guess it's fun in it's own way smiley )
Keep it real. Peace.

wow this is a really well said and non biased opinion , thumbs up to you!

@ Mommabear, you'd better be careful and heed some of the warnings ppl give here. They know their ppl best, better than you or i
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Mommabear: 6:49am On Apr 13, 2013
carefreewannabe:

He chose me! It was his choice
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by solomon111(m): 11:30am On Apr 13, 2013
Mommabear:
He chose me! It was his choice
pls don't mind them.
They are envious of you.
I wish you goodluck in your relationship.
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by solomon111(m): 11:35am On Apr 13, 2013
@2buff
you are a moronn.
Why are you projecting your negative experiences in someone else's relationship.
Who are you to decide which relationship is ideal,and which is not.?
You don't know them at all,yet you are busy spewing nonsense.
Slowpoke.
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by solomon111(m): 11:37am On Apr 13, 2013
oyinbogirl:

wow this is a really well said and non biased opinion , thumbs up to you!

@ Mommabear, you'd better be careful and heed some of the warnings ppl give here. They know their ppl best, better than you or i
Most of what he said is bullshitt.
He is very ignorant.
Ignore whatever nonsense he has written.
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 13, 2013
solomon111: @2buff
you are a moronn.
Why are you projecting your negative experiences in someone else's relationship.
Who are you to decide which relationship is ideal,and which is not.?
You don't know them at all,yet you are busy spewing nonsense.
Slowpoke.

solomon111: Most of what he said is bullshitt.
He is very ignorant.

LOL grin grin
I know say I dey pour sand for your garri with this thing wey you and your boys dey do to white women, grin
but don't you ever in your life refer to me with such disrespect again. smiley
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by oyinbogirl(f): 1:28am On Apr 14, 2013
solomon111: Most of what he said is bullshitt.
He is very ignorant.

have you date white women?
Re: Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend by Nobody: 3:42am On Apr 14, 2013
Just know that the family welcoming you in Naija doesn't mean they are happy for you guys,they are happy for the meal ticket and canadian Passport there son stands to gain.Yes,they are all Nollywood actors,the same family will be the ones to fetch him a wife to bear his kids.I have a gut feeling that you know the truth,whAtever love this young man told you about is only in your mind.

A wife is willing to pretend and be the house keeper to protect her husband's meal ticket.She ll even serve you and call you aunty,while she makes fun of you with your own husband who happens to be hers as well.

If you decide to proceed with this relationship,atleast you are sure of what the stakes are,Love can never be blind for a Nigerian guy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Curvy Lady Sends Follower Into Frenzy With Her See Through Dress / I'm commiting suicide today / See What A Girl Posted in a Facebook group (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.