Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Tell Or Don't Tell? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Tell Or Don't Tell? (3122 Views)

I Caught My Friend's Girlfriend With Another Man: To Tell Or Not To Tell / To Tell Or Not To Tell??? / Do I Or Don't I Marry My Nigerian Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tell Or Don't Tell? by MrsChima(f): 1:20am On Jun 24, 2013
I have a question to ask you guys!

I saw a friend of mine's boyfriend of three years with another woman at Starbucks and he was hugging her ikebe!

My husband told me to stay out of it but I think my friend should know. I took a pix for proof and want to text her the pix

Here is the thing..she is pregnant and hasn't told him yet. I don't want the child to grow up in broken home but AIDS is real

I think she should know to protext herself. I am stuck!

Tell or don't tell?
Re: Tell Or Don't Tell? by Nobody: 1:40am On Jun 24, 2013
What do you think is in the best interest of your friend?
Do you think she'd rather marry a cheat or raise her child as a single mother?
You're the one that knows your friend best and her interest should be the most important thing to you right now.
It's a tough call but you have to do something that would not hurt your conscience forever.

1 Like

Re: Tell Or Don't Tell? by UyiIredia(m): 2:10am On Jun 24, 2013
Tell her. You sef talk am, she needs to know ! Not telling her when you knew may hurt the friendship if she finds out you knew.

1 Like

Re: Tell Or Don't Tell? by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:08am On Jun 24, 2013
She needs to know,ASAP!
Re: Tell Or Don't Tell? by Nobody: 3:41am On Jun 24, 2013
Hmm, I think you should tell her and show her that picture. It's up to her to believe you.
Re: Tell Or Don't Tell? by StellaBella(f): 3:49am On Jun 24, 2013
Abeg nor tell.
Single motherhood is no fun.
Half bread is better than none.
#allmencheat#
Re: Tell Or Don't Tell? by james1(m): 4:36am On Jun 24, 2013
don't tell as that will destroy any foundational trust she had in him;remember trust once destroyed can never get back to its original level;there is also a chance he is just just messing around but really want to be with your friend!
this is what you do;just stir your friends feelings a bit by picking her brains to find out if she already knows her bf is the flirting type and if she don't know and you know she is very emotional,leave it there.
Re: Tell Or Don't Tell? by Nobody: 5:11am On Jun 24, 2013
Stella_Bella: Abeg nor tell.
Single motherhood is no fun.
Half bread is better than none.
#allmencheat#

Jesus! I can't belv ds comment!
Re: Tell Or Don't Tell? by Nobody: 5:14am On Jun 24, 2013
james1: don't tell as that will destroy any foundational trust she had in him;remember trust once destroyed can never get back to its original level;there is also a chance he is just just messing around but really want to be with your friend!
this is what you do;just stir your friends feelings a bit by picking her brains to find out if she already knows her bf is the flirting type and if she don't know and you know she is very emotional,leave it there.

A foundation and trust that he has destroyd already by cheating?

Mr chime,pls talk to your frnd,maybe not with the evidence,bt she really needs to start protecting herself.
Re: Tell Or Don't Tell? by Princesszoe: 5:15am On Jun 24, 2013
Hahahahaha @chidyhels you go fear character for this nairaland.
Re: Tell Or Don't Tell? by Nobody: 5:18am On Jun 24, 2013
Princess zoe: Hahahahaha @chidyhels you go fear character for this nairaland.

my sister,i thought na only my eyes see am
Re: Tell Or Don't Tell? by Nobody: 5:21am On Jun 24, 2013
james1: don't tell as that will destroy any foundational trust she had in him;remember trust once destroyed can never get back to its original level;there is also a chance he is just just messing around but really want to be with your friend!

He shouldnt be "messing around" then. angry
Re: Tell Or Don't Tell? by Nobody: 6:30am On Jun 24, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

My husband told me to stay out of it but I think my friend should know. I took a pix for proof and want to text her the pix

funny thing abt men is that they always have each other's back if it had been his friend's wife he saw with another man he probably wld have given him a heads-up
Re: Tell Or Don't Tell? by firetrap(m): 6:40am On Jun 24, 2013
if you don't let her know, then you're not a true friend. even if the bf isn't messing around and the lady in question is his sister ( that's if its now cool to hold your sister by her yansh) let her know so that she can arrive at her own conclusion. but don't text it to her cos that will look like you're trying to destroy the relationship. make her know the seriousness of the issue by doing it in person
Re: Tell Or Don't Tell? by Nobody: 6:59am On Jun 24, 2013
Im shocked how many guys are saying "Tell!" grin
Re: Tell Or Don't Tell? by Otses(f): 7:06am On Jun 24, 2013
This seem like a tough one. But I believe it's in your friend's interest to know the truth. Let her know what she is into, it will hurt her, but not telling her will do more damage because she might eventually put the blame on you if she knows you were aware all along and kept mute.
Re: Tell Or Don't Tell? by Truckpusher(m): 7:11am On Jun 24, 2013
Say nothing because you saw nothing,besides how do you know that your friend isn't putting up with this bullshyte? with reasons best known to her which is non of your business.....btw,it's a well cooked story by Mrs chima.

Mrs Chima ,how market? tongue
Re: Tell Or Don't Tell? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:37am On Jun 24, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

I saw a friend of mine's boyfriend of three years with another woman at Starbucks and he was hugging her ikebe!

Here is the thing..she is pregnant and hasn't told him yet. I don't want the child to grow up in broken home but AIDS is real

Tell or don't tell?
u shld learn to take medicines for ur headache!
The man fuckin another doesn't mean he doesn't love his gf. Unless u dnt really like d guy's face before, or u av been against him d first day u saw him. Better yet, if he has not been treating ur frnd right, or has been a leech on her, then u must tell her.

Apart from dt, if he has been a good guy, sweet and loving, what's urs? I think it's best u approach the guy instead!
Re: Tell Or Don't Tell? by Mynd44: 7:47am On Jun 24, 2013
**chopping pop-corn**
Re: Tell Or Don't Tell? by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 24, 2013
Mrs C, yes you must find a way to tell her BUT FIRST, you must stand by what your husband told you and make HIM understand why you should tell your friend. i dont think you want to bring trouble in your union like that (aka going against what your husband told you not to do).
Re: Tell Or Don't Tell? by Mickeysho(m): 8:11am On Jun 24, 2013
Amebo
Re: Tell Or Don't Tell? by Brite02(m): 10:02am On Jun 24, 2013
Do not tell yet. Just give your friend a line or a clue to follow
Re: Tell Or Don't Tell? by Popowaa: 10:09am On Jun 24, 2013
What u dont knw wont kill u,dont tell her atleast it's better she does not knw since it will make her worry.
Re: Tell Or Don't Tell? by Rooneyboy(m): 10:33am On Jun 24, 2013
chidyhels:

Jesus! I can't belv ds comment!

Which part do u find difficult to understand
Re: Tell Or Don't Tell? by kreamidiva(f): 10:59am On Jun 24, 2013
Okay...i think she should be told since they are not yet married.she may not be happy if she finds out u knew all along.and... u may be saving a sister's life.she should start protecting herself and her unborn child.it would hurt her to know but she deserves to know.
Re: Tell Or Don't Tell? by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 24, 2013
Mrs. Chima again? I doubt this story! Just tell us u are fuccking ur friend's boyfriend

1 Like

Re: Tell Or Don't Tell? by Enegod(m): 11:36am On Jun 24, 2013
it's just a hug.... i dnt c why you should tell
Re: Tell Or Don't Tell? by numericalguy(m): 11:52am On Jun 24, 2013
Re: Tell Or Don't Tell? by numericalguy(m): 11:54am On Jun 24, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Tell or don't tell?

See me See trouble o!
Why come to NL for us to justify what you want to do?
Its not about what is right or wrong. you are dying to tell and you know you would, even if it would kill you, You just cant stop yourself and you know it.
Re: Tell Or Don't Tell? by AtheistD(m): 12:03pm On Jun 24, 2013
mondi_cheeks: funny thing abt men is that they always have each other's back if it had been his friend's wife he saw with another man he probably wld have given him a heads-up

So now it is his fault? He isnt the one cheating... undecided

The truth of the matter is that he is right. Anyway you cut the cake it will have Mrs Chima taking the flakk. She will destroy a marriage/relationship and leave the woman a single mother. If it is somehow resolved amicably Mrs Chima will be blamed and frozen out as the dude will not like her. If it was her sister then maybe she has a duty. As a friend it might be wiser to stay out of it... for now grin
Re: Tell Or Don't Tell? by Monicasque(f): 12:07pm On Jun 24, 2013
some truths need to be told and some don't need to be told. If you care about her i suggest you tell her. If she reacts bad or thinks you are jealous or trying to break them up, just inform her that you just wanted to know and its upto her what she does but she must not regret her decision. Make her understand that you just wanted her out of the dark and its up to her whether she blvs u or not
Re: Tell Or Don't Tell? by AtheistD(m): 12:13pm On Jun 24, 2013
Monicasque: some truths need to be told and some don't need to be told. If you care about her i suggest you tell her. If she reacts bad or thinks you are jealous or trying to break them up, just inform her that you just wanted to know and its upto her what she does but she must not regret her decision. Make her understand that you just wanted her out of the dark and its up to her whether she blvs u or not

I dunno... It will lead to some serious problems on all sides. Better to keep quiet on this one.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Is It Difficult To Stay "Just Friends" With Most Girls? / I Need Your Opinion Guys / love can sometimes be foolish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.