Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,907 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work (36852 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Could A Pastor Buy A Jet With Just Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by solomon111(m): 5:01pm On Apr 13, 2013
muami:
I can see your definition and conceptualization of 'humility' is being affected by your poverty mentality. No wonder you erroneously believe and are angry that 'someone' owns three jets and an expensive university. If we take your poverty-infested definition of humility to be true, then the pope must be the proudest religious leader since he owns a country, a bank, prints his own money and has very expensive universities worldwide

poverty infested mentality?
Is that your rebutall to what i have said?
My God,it's even more worse than it looks.
Some people have been brainwashed and deceived beyond remedy.
You sir,are a lost case.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 13, 2013
muami:
I can see your definition and conceptualization of 'humility' is being affected by your poverty mentality. No wonder you erroneously believe and are angry that 'someone' owns three jets and an expensive university. If we take your poverty-infested definition of humility to be true, then the pope must be the proudest religious leader since he owns a country, a bank, prints his own money and has very expensive universities worldwide

Honey you're the one one that poverty has finished cos you don't even seem to understand the simple statement muami made.
At the bolded, I think you need to leave that village for once and travel out and read books about how the catholic church functions.
We all know that there's no moral justification for the jet madness from our pastors,hence you're bringin up korokoro lies to defend them. sorry for you.
To support muami's statement,there's no humility in A MAN OF GOD having 3,4 jets in Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Symphony007: 5:02pm On Apr 13, 2013
Ibro Yaya:

^^^ Big Fat lie!!
The Pope doesn't travel in commercial airline. Haven't you heard of Sheperd 1 and sherperd 2 ?. Those are the private plane the pope travels in. They are almost as big as US Airforce One
my dear, don't mislead people to defend the indefensible. Sherpard one is not even the name of a particular plane. Sherpard one is the call sign for any plane the pope is flying in. That is what air traffic controllers call anyplane the pope is one. And when he pope travels, the vatican hires an air italia plane for him and his staff. It's a commercial plane with the pope having his own seat. So my dear, there is no plane like "sherpard one" it's a call sign. So even if the pope is in a carton that is flying, it will be reffered to as "sherpard one".

17 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 5:06pm On Apr 13, 2013
GraceBestowed: I agree! When you have to be in ten different countries in the space of six or seven days, being able to determine your own travel schedule is necessary.

Please let the man be, let only God be the Judge!
Since when did Pastors become celebrities that go on tours? Granted, there are branches in different countries but saying he has to be in 10 countries in a space of six or seven days is just exaggerating it. Even celebrities do not travel that much within such a little period of time.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Sprumbaba: 5:08pm On Apr 13, 2013
Gim2001ym: IS IT A SIN TO BUY JET AS A MAN OF GOD? PERSONAL PEOPLE GET JET, WHAT ABOUT GOVERNORS Y CANT U TALK ABOUT THEM DIS IS D PEOPLE SPENDING OUR MONEY (RIGHTS ) cry kiss

Yes, when you are not using your money.

The crazy thing for me is that Those pastors are not giving back to the community let alone their members. How can a school/university that is built with church members money is not affordable to the church members. Christian Universities are freaking expensive.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by jookco(m): 5:08pm On Apr 13, 2013
Don't let that stop your fellowship with the Lord's Jesus, if people are condemning it then its also condemn in heavens, but let God be the judge, and no matter what Jesus for live , and we will continue to obey the laws of seed time and harvest.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Venchy: 5:08pm On Apr 13, 2013
[size=15pt]Disaster coming out from mouth of the man of God, Arch Bishop na Miliki, Imam na gbaladun, Pope na enjoyment.....I said it before and i will continue to say it.

Nigerians need to wake up, change their ways and open their ears if not THE SUFFER WILL PLENTY MORE.

99.9% OF ALL PEOPLE THAT CALL THEMSELVES MAN OF GOD ARE ALL SCHEMERS......loooooool.

Which way Nigeria??[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 13, 2013
Ogbeche77: But sir, the pope is the leader of over 1 billion catholics worldwide, yet he boards a commercial jet liner. If my memory has not failed me,Pope Benedict visited Benin republic two years ago on Air Italia
Don't mind these Nigerian Pastors, they love to overstate their importance. I no blame them, I blame the church members who are so blinded by religion that they can't smell the rotten rat.

Private jet ko, private yacht ni.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by oncolor1: 5:09pm On Apr 13, 2013
Kamsy10:

Honey you're the one one that poverty has finished cos you don't even seem to understand the simple statement muami made.
At the bolded, I think you need to leave that village for once and travel out and read books about how the catholic church functions

What has this argument got to do with this topic? This is like saying because the President of Italy is corrupt then it is O.K if the president of Nigeria is corrupt too. The way you are reasoning is why the Nigerian politicians keep using divide and conquer tactics to rob us blind without anyone even raising an objection.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Wizlittle: 5:09pm On Apr 13, 2013
nawa oooooo hmmmm oga at d top
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by kkkp: 5:10pm On Apr 13, 2013
Hahahahahahah...private jet n ur neighbours go 2 bed hungry Kip brain washing dem..d day of judgement no go funy at alllllllllgrin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by donpeluchi(m): 5:13pm On Apr 13, 2013
these leaders dont feel the pulse of the people at all. shame

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 13, 2013
Is that not how Oyedepo said he would build a school for the needy in the society and all that stuff, his congregation donated and donated towards the cause. How many of them now can afford Covenant? Make I hear word jare, these pastors are shrewd businessmen, not the normal pastors who promote the word of God. Their motto is "money/wealth before the church members"

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by muami(m): 5:18pm On Apr 13, 2013
solomon111: poverty infested mentality?
Is that your rebutall to what i have said?
My God,it's even more worse than it looks.
Some people have been brainwashed and deceived beyond remedy.
You sir,are a lost case.

Yeah, the 'brainwashed and deceived' people are making so much money that they can afford to buy jets upon jets for their pastors and build 'expensive' schools. Meanwhile, the 'smart' ones like yourself are busy venting their jealousy and frustration on Nairaland.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by kay29000(m): 5:19pm On Apr 13, 2013
It's funny that christian leaders of the past labeled the first airplane the devil's handwork, now pastors are buying the best of them. It really explains a lot...take time to think about that ..open ur minds.

And for the people saying he has to travel accross 160 countries...that's funny. Why does he have to do that when he hasn't been able to help the millions of poverty stricken people in his home?

When the Sheperd starts to wine and dine with wolves, he nolonger places top priority on protecting his flock of sheep.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 13, 2013
musKeeto: Young man, touch not Gods annointed.

Give your life, and he shall cause you to mount up on wings like cockroach
[img]http://3.bp..com/-Lt4bgksHZ-g/UMMZG2qffyI/AAAAAAAADyE/3W_wRPdUdkg/s1600/pastor-jet.gif[/img]

Going to meet his Oga @ d top...
Lmao.this Nairalanders are so funny
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 13, 2013

[img]http://3.bp..com/-Lt4bgksHZ-g/UMMZG2qffyI/AAAAAAAADyE/3W_wRPdUdkg/s1600/pastor-jet.gif[/img]

ehn shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I don die grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by omotodun1(m): 5:25pm On Apr 13, 2013

ọmọ_τó_dùn Falls from an Iroko tree and collapses.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Venchy: 5:27pm On Apr 13, 2013
jookco: Don't let that stop your fellowship with the Lord's Jesus, if people are condemning it then its also condemn in heavens, but let God be the judge, and no matter what Jesus for live , and we will continue to obey the laws of seed time and harvest.

Are you insinuating that people should continue to fall MUGU for this MOG, can't you see hunger in the eyes of their church members?

My brother, as soon as i touch down MM, all i can see is hungry faces, from the Immigration down to police at the car park and yet MOG are [size=15pt]LIVING LARGE.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by dipsy2009: 5:32pm On Apr 13, 2013
troy20:
Who is d pope when abeboye is the jesus christ of our time just like someone passionately told me

O_O
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by muami(m): 5:35pm On Apr 13, 2013
Venchy:

Are you insinuating that people should continue to fall MUGU for this MOG, can't you see hunger in the eyes of their church members?

My brother, as soon as i touch down MM, all i can see is hungry faces, from the Immigration down to police at the car park and yet MOG are [size=15pt]LIVING LARGE.[/size]

And as soon as you arrive Heathrow on JFK all you see is well fed people who have too much money to spare because they don't buy jets for their pastors.
Something must therefore be wrong with groups like UK UNCUT who are protest that the government's cuts is pushing more and more people into poverty.( see link below for latest protest)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22136533

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by victorD3: 5:37pm On Apr 13, 2013
GraceBestowed: I agree! When you have to be in ten different countries in the space of six or seven days, being able to determine your own travel schedule is necessary.

Please let the man be, let only God be the Judge!

Let's Judge these guys before they kill us. The actual people spreading Christianity worldwide are even the poor Christians and missionaries serving in the most difficult terrains in this world. Our businessmen private jet chilling pastors just open expensive universities,businesses and preach about Double portion and finding a husband.

I pay my tithe to those that rightfully deserves it, the poor/needy and if you pay yours to your pastor then you are a learner

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by FEMIMACRO(m): 5:38pm On Apr 13, 2013
@Ibro Yaya. U are a Big Fool. And must be A learner that refused wisdom.
Calling Shepherd 1 and 2 the private jet of d Pope just because u want to spite the catholic Leader.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by tomzman: 5:41pm On Apr 13, 2013
eriegua83: Do we need jet to go to the creeks and villages especially the northern parts of the country to evangelize?how many jets sorry donkey did christ and his apostles have to preach the gospel. Or how many jets did the missionaries buy to bring us xtianity.
I agree with you on this.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by muami(m): 5:42pm On Apr 13, 2013
victorD3:
Let's Judge these guys before they kill us. The actual people spreading Christianity worldwide are even the poor Christians and missionaries serving in the most difficult terrains in this world. Our businessmen private jet chilling pastors just open expensive universities,businesses and preach about Double portion and finding a husband.

I pay my tithe to those that rightfully deserves it, the poor/needy and if you pay yours to your pastor then you are a learner

I find it interesting that many NLers who complain about pastors say they pay their tithes to the poor, yet they also complain that the number of poor people in Nigeria is rising. Meanwhile, the fact that they don't pay tithe to pastors but give it to the poor should mean that pastors now have less money. Yet more pastors are buying jets. Just wondering.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by muami(m): 5:46pm On Apr 13, 2013
FEMIMACRO: @Ibro Yaya. U are a Big Fool. And must be A learner that refused wisdom.
Calling Shepherd 1 and 2 the private jet of d Pope just because u want to spite the catholic Leader.

The same that people call the jet owned by Emmanuel Aviation Inc as the private jet of pastor adeboye simply because they want to spite the RCCG leader.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by onyianyi(m): 5:49pm On Apr 13, 2013
I'm not a pentecostal but Adeboye is one pastor I respect so much. This time around he has it wrong, there's no reason a 'man of God' with millions of impoverished followers should be cruising in a private jet. After all are they more committed in this ministry than Jesus Christ? Our Lord Jesus never use a private boat private camel during his time yet he can easily command one to his usage. Christ, though very rich chose to live a poor life so that his message can easily get across to the poor. Praise the Lord... Hallelujet!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by Smooyis(m): 5:49pm On Apr 13, 2013
Billyonaire: Jesus did not have overseas membership Goddamnit. Our pastors have millions of members in over 160 countries. How many members did Jesus have ? Jesus needed a boat and a donkey and he used them. There was no private jet then, I am sure Jesus would have got one, if there was jet then and if he could afford to.
What could Jesus not afford? Everything in the world belongs to Him. He would have anything if it is according to God's will. When he needed a donkey he simply sent his disciples to untie a particular donkey at a particular location even though he was not yet there. He is Lord of the world. We are in a modern world. We should not judge a servant of God by all these attributes so we dont commit blasphemy. God is the best judge.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by valeny2k(m): 5:50pm On Apr 13, 2013
I have question to ask, does those Men of God or Pastors that buy Pvt. Jet Peach there Gospels to none Christian or people that is already a Christian, are they looking for people to come there churches so that they can earn more money or converting people to God according to Bible. Why cant them go to the countries where there is a lot unbelievers and Peach the Words of God to them and convert them to believers like when the missionaries first visit Nigeria and peach the Gospels as Paul did.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by onyianyi(m): 5:50pm On Apr 13, 2013
I'm not a pentecostal but Adeboye is one pastor I respect so much. This time around he has it wrong, there's no reason a 'man of God' with millions of impoverished followers should be cruising in a private jet. After all are they more committed in this ministry than Jesus Christ? Our Lord Jesus never use a private boat or private camel during his time yet he can easily command one to his usage. Christ, though very rich chose to live a poor life so that his message can easily get across to the poor. Praise the Lord... Hallelujet!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by eddiebomba(m): 5:54pm On Apr 13, 2013
Kamsy10:

That's what they make you believe. politicians buy jets for them and they pose that it's a gift from church members.
Why do u think as corrupt as Nigeria is, our dear pastors just keep quiet

FFT
Re: Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work by fuqua: 5:56pm On Apr 13, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

The Bible Does Not Support Drinking Alcohol, Don't Let Anyone Fool You / Does The Bible Really Condemn Marrying More Than One Wife? / Former Cultists, Prostitutes And Militants Undergo Water Baptism In Rivers. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.