Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,039 members, 7,828,657 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) - Politics (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) (347561 Views)

My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG / Kanu Detained In The Interest Of Peace FG Tells Court - Vanguard / Jonathan In France For Summit On Peace And Security In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 6:25pm On Aug 30, 2013
agbameta:

I'm very very sorry, abeg show me the recent pics form the advanced stage you are talking about.

Shey den don change the asphalt runway to concrete too in the advance stage?

Thanks in advance. grin grin

Its now very obvious you don't know what you are talking about! But since you said you are sorry am going to give you the necessary inform.

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 6:35pm On Aug 30, 2013
A step by step progression of how Akwa ibom airport runway was built:runway image 1 showing concrete substructure/ foundation which in technical terms is called CTB Cement treated base. the compact/impact zone for the main runway was 45 meters and 30 meters for the parallel runway that is the only difference btw the main runway and parallel taxiway as they both have the same length of 3.6km and width of 60 meters with reinforced shoulders,which will make the taxiway capable of landing certain types of aircraft in case of closure of the main runway

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 6:39pm On Aug 30, 2013
runway 2 showing the concrete substructure/ foundation

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 6:51pm On Aug 30, 2013
agbameta look at the picture of the construction of the runway from the builders gitto constriction it shows the progression from the concrete substructure/foundation to the asphalting.

like i said do more research before you comment on things you know nothing about. but i understand where you are comming from cos in nigeria leaders say what they dont do and when they do it its substandard. i can assure you that the present administration in Akwa Ibom is different in words and in deed

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 6:56pm On Aug 30, 2013
This is the progression of the construction of the AKIA runway Agbameta hope this satisfies you? BTW all this images that i posted are old pre 2010. the airport project has progressed in leaps and bounds and currently the runway is being expanded to add taxiway to it. and the drainage work for the runway to divert flood and rain water away from the runway to a pond is complete, if you look at the last picture of the runway showing the turn around you can see the drainage job in progression. for more info,This is the website of the Italian company that constructed the runway. http://www.gittogroup.it/akwa.php

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 7:05pm On Aug 30, 2013
If you look at the turn around at the end of the runway on the 5th picture of the run way, that section is currently being expanded into a parallel taxiway by the same italian construction company that constructed the runway. the unique thing about the taxiway is that its also going to be constructed to meet the specs of a runway such that it could be used to land certain types of aircraft In the event that the main runway is shut down. progress so recorded on the airport project is on the video with the minister of aviation in it
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 30, 2013
Wow, the airport has 2 runways! I just hope the airport becomes a major hub in the future. Already, I believe over 500,000 have used the facility since September 2009.

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 7:43pm On Aug 30, 2013
will the 20th anniversary hospital look anyway close to this render from the builders Gitto website? does anyone know?

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by MostIncredibleDFirst: 7:48pm On Aug 30, 2013
agbameta:

You are still parading around with fake drawing? See ya life.. grin

Below is your fantasy...

[img]http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1279959_new-folder_001_001_jpgfc4dc70d0a6666abcb9fa8e2c82216b7[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1279831_akia4_jpgc0acbe7ea3f623097e6daa53c7a9d67b

Below is the reality on the ground...
grin grin

Asphalt runway in 2013... Only in a local village. Lawd have mercy.. grin

Make una no kill me with your emtional comebacks o, the picks are from Akabio himself.. grin grin

http://www.akwaibomnewsonline.com/photos/ibom-airport/

Mr. Man, i gave u an assignment 2carry-out a research yesterday. And i can see u're executing dat assignment, though am not impress because d way u're going about d research-work is not indepth enough. So i'll advice dat u quaruble ur efforts so u cud get 2d bottom of ur research-work, n dont rely on d internet alone. It's betta 2get ur fvcken as§ in Akwa Ibom so u cud get first-hand empirical evidence. Ujoime has responded 2d issue u raised here, so i'll not bother 2waste my time wit you. Dat being said, i'll warn all fvcken-haters like u who hav been hypnotize by 419fashola & co. 2get ur sticky-as§es off this tread. BE WARNED!
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 7:58pm On Aug 30, 2013
airport access roads

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 8:03pm On Aug 30, 2013
airport rd 4 and uyo abak road

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 8:04pm On Aug 30, 2013
uyo abak road

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by agbameta: 8:26pm On Aug 30, 2013
@ ujoinme

Going by what you posted, looks like the pictures I posted from the Akwa Ibom's website are more up to date than the ones you posted...

All I see is the asphalt runway and some jungle abi bush road leading to the air strip and nothing to change or disput what I posted and what's available on the state's website.

I give you D for effort sha.. grin

@ the other joker, you are irrelevant, just keep parading around with your fake drawing, that's more than enough to keep you busy.. grin grin
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 11:19pm On Aug 30, 2013
agbameta: @ ujoinme

Going by what you posted, looks like the pictures I posted from the Akwa Ibom's website are more up to date than the ones you posted...

All I see is the asphalt runway and some jungle abi bush road leading to the air strip and nothing to change or disput what I posted and what's available on the state's website.

I give you D for effort sha.. grin

@ the other joker, you are irrelevant, just keep parading around with your fake drawing, that's more than enough to keep you busy.. grin grin

I thought you were reasonable thats why i bothered but its obvious to me you are one of those tribal ranters well this is not the thread for you go find one that has fellow nincompoops like you. there are several threads for that go find one ...Adios
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by agbameta: 1:19am On Aug 31, 2013
Kpele, didn't mean to upset you, just trying to bring you down to reality.

You are not getting anything more beyond what I posted for your $300 million + fraud called village airport.

Even the repainted kiosk in Enugu looks better than this $300 million fraud... grin
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 2:19am On Aug 31, 2013
The Answer to flooding in uyo. the first pipe jacking system in Nigeria enjoy the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhfbSdxPogk
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 2:26am On Aug 31, 2013
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 3:43am On Aug 31, 2013
uyo underground pipe jacked drainage pics courtesy of skyscrapercity.com

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:03am On Aug 31, 2013
2nd and 3rd photograph are that of ibibio museum and park grounds .... serene environment wont you say? pictures courtesy of the Nija guy @skyscrapercity.com

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by agbameta: 4:04am On Aug 31, 2013
Flood in Uyo prompts mockery of Gov Akpabio’s ‘uncommon transformation’ slogan

Heavy flooding caused by torrential rainfall around the city of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, last week fired up public anger against the administration of Governor Godswill Akpabio, with most residents trapped within the chaotic traffic in the city publicly making jest of the governor’s ‘uncommon transformation’ slogan

Mr. Akpabio, the two-term governor of Akwa Ibom State, is well known for praising self as the man behind ‘the uncommon transformation’, a boastful reference to his administration’s modest effort at building modern infrastructures like roads, bridges, a few public buildings for government use as offices and a cinema within the state capital.

But the curse of heavy rain these days is pushing the people to show just how low they think of Gov Akpabio’s claims.

During the heavy rainfall people in Uyo were busy taking photos of a city ravaged by flood and posting them along with their satirical comments on facebook and other social networking sites.

[b]
Princess Etim, a female journalist residing in Uyo is one of the few who were quick to post on her facebook page, a photo of the flood on Atiku Abubakar Avenue, Uyo. Etim took the photograph with her BlackBerry Smartphone, and mockingly tagged it as ‘Uncommon Atiku River’.

Commentators – most of them journalists living in Uyo – who responded to the facebook post, were quick to catch the joke and also used the word ‘uncommon’ to poke fun at Gov Akpabio’s most familiar phrase.

“The flood on Atiku Abubakar Avenue not bigger than uncommon IBB River,” says Helen John, whose facebook profile indicates she is an assistant editor with the Akwa Ibom State-owned The Pioneer newspaper.

“The one at Nsikak Edouk (avenue) is uncommon too, but (it is) the largest river in Africa,” writes Etorobong Ekpo who works as a principal reporter with a local private newspaper known as Quest.

The paper is said to be owned by a journalist-turned politician who currently serves as a chairman of a local government council in Akwa Ibom State.

A post from David Augustine, the editor-in-chief of Weekly Insight, reads: “ ‘After just three minutes of rain in Uyo, our drainage system (the best in Africa) would do the magic and it will be so dry, you would think it never rained’ Who said this and to whom and when….?”

And another post reads: “Akwa Ibom is working jare…you guys aren’t seen nothing yet…uncommon rain, uncommon flood… ado ok!”

Gov Akpabio is widely celebrated in the local media and the Peoples Democratic Party for “governing Akwa Ibom State well”.

But residents say beyond the facade, the poverty and unemployment rate in the state remained among the highest in the country.

Local contractors are routinely ignored for multinationals in the execution of infrastructural projects, and residents complain of huge capital flights from the state.

The largest employer of labour in the state remain the civil service which is already overstaffed.

Most state-owned industries have closed shop and the state is not known to have attracted any substantial investment in spite of Governor Akpabio’s several overseas trip in search of foreign investors.
[/b]

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/101541-flood-in-uyo-prompts-mockery-of-gov-akpabios-uncommon-transformation-slogan.html

Uncommon fraud... grin grin
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:13am On Aug 31, 2013
more of uyo pics courtesy of dnaija guy

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:18am On Aug 31, 2013
more pics

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:20am On Aug 31, 2013
more of uyo by naija guy

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:22am On Aug 31, 2013
more of uyo pictures courtesy of dnaijaguy.

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:24am On Aug 31, 2013
uyo pictures courtesy of dnaijaguy

Some one needs to correct the spelling of EKPENE UKIM Not EKpelle UKIN come on contractor!

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:26am On Aug 31, 2013
Akwa ibom pictures courtesy of dnaijaguy

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:27am On Aug 31, 2013
akwa ibom the beautiful pictures courtesy of dnaijaguy

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:29am On Aug 31, 2013
akwa ibom ayaya pictures courtesy of the dnaijaguy

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:35am On Aug 31, 2013
Akwa ibom power plant @ ikot abasi currently generating 191mw of electricity into the national grid this plant was built by the Akwa ibom state government. Started by Gov. Attah and completed by Gov. Akpabio pictures courtesy of dnaijaguy

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:43am On Aug 31, 2013
one of the 5 new already completed and commissioned general hospitals built in local government that had no general hospitals note this 5 is in addition to the 290 bed mega 20th Anniversary hospital that i posted earlier on this thread whose construction has reached an advanced stage.

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:47am On Aug 31, 2013
Akwa ibom E library pictures courtesy of dnaijaguy

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:50am On Aug 31, 2013
Ibeno beach

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (78) (Reply)

The 7 Characteristics Of An Eagle And Why They Are Lessons For Good Leadership / APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) / Nigeria Presidential Election Results 2023: INEC Official Announcement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.