Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,897 members, 7,828,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) - Politics (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) (347549 Views)

My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG / Kanu Detained In The Interest Of Peace FG Tells Court - Vanguard / Jonathan In France For Summit On Peace And Security In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:03pm On Sep 03, 2013
more of uyo pics courtesy of ehis

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:05pm On Sep 03, 2013
more of uyo pics by ehis

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:17pm On Sep 03, 2013
ibom meredien pics by green 19 and michael heinisch

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:19pm On Sep 03, 2013
ibom meredien pics by green 19 and michael heinisch contd

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by lazinc(m): 4:27pm On Sep 03, 2013
Nice 1 @Ujoinme.

AKS ado Ok smiley smiley smiley
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:38pm On Sep 03, 2013
Kwa Ibo/Qua Ibo eket/ibeno Akwa ibom state Nigeria pictures by Drinkula

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:41pm On Sep 03, 2013
Kwa Ibo/Qua Ibo ibeno Akwa ibom state Nigeria pictures by Drinkula contd.

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:45pm On Sep 03, 2013
Seriously Akwa Ibom state especially the next administration needs to look into developing its tourism potentials take a look at the pictures of the beautiful beaches at eket and ibeno axis. those are one of a kind, and is just awaiting prime investments to turn it into a tourist heaven.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:17pm On Sep 03, 2013
qua ibo pic by stevebritt

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Ndipe(m): 11:36pm On Sep 03, 2013
I am impressed.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 6:41am On Sep 04, 2013
bush bar @ uyo

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 2:00pm On Sep 04, 2013
Akpabio leadership hall essien udim

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by BabaTony: 2:33pm On Sep 04, 2013
BabaTony:

Very good question. What about the 4 motor parks at itam, mbiabong, aka road and abak road. The govt is dealing with the issue of illegal motor parks with kid gloves. The abbatoir and timber markets at itam are also left to rot! The govt has to wake up and make sure older infrastructure not built by them do not rot. Some hospitals in the state fall in this category too. When i pass through this places i feel like weeping. Govt is a continuum. If not whatever they are building today will suffer the same fate. A word is enough for the wise.

Nobody has answered these my all important questions
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 2:43pm On Sep 04, 2013
ikot abasi

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 2:47pm On Sep 04, 2013
more ikot abasi

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Rossikk(m): 3:03pm On Sep 04, 2013
ujoinme: Seriously Akwa Ibom state especially the next administration needs to look into developing its tourism potentials take a look at the pictures of the beautiful beaches at eket and ibeno axis. those are one of a kind, and is just awaiting prime investments to turn it into a tourist heaven.

Why do we keep looking for govt to do these things? What stops a private developer from going to that beach and buying some land to build a resort there? Nothing! There's no way you're gonna tell me a serious investor cannot pay off those poor folks for some of their land. And once he builds a resort, (perhaps an all-inclusive resort with private beach) others will see he's making profit, and then develop theirs as well. Before you know it, the beach is filled with resorts, hotels, eateries, clubs, water parks etc and becomes a haven for tourists!

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by anonimi: 3:11pm On Sep 04, 2013
Rossikk:

Why do we keep looking for govt to do these things? What stops a private developer from going to that beach and buying some land to build a resort there? Nothing! There's no way you're gonna tell me a serious investor cannot pay off those poor folks for some of their land. And once he builds a resort, (perhaps an all-inclusive resort with private beach) others will see he's making profit, and then develop theirs as well. Before you know it, the beach is filled with resorts, hotels, eateries, clubs, water parks etc and becomes a haven for tourists!

Very good, valid points.
As I have said other time- Government has no business doing business.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 3:56pm On Sep 04, 2013
Rossikk:

while you are correct, i do believe that govt. still needs to play a part in creating the right ambience to encourage the right investors. They can help with land acquisition and or simplification of the process, provision of infrastructures ie access route,portable water, electricity,Security, owning minority equity, tax breaks etc etc. There is actually a lot that govt can do to encourage investment.All am saying is that govt should assume a welcoming posture when it comes tourism business development in the state by doing some of what i have listed above and pitch their willingness to help/incentives to the right investors both within and outside the country.
For instance there is an indigene of the state who owns the monty suites hotels in calabar and uyo which i features on this sites, This guy appears to be serious about hospitality business based on what i have seen of his investment.
The state govt can partner with such a guy to develope a resort in one of its beaches rather that always looking to foreign investors, it will help groom our own hospitality industry, he can outsource the top mgt. to foreigners or nigerians with requisite experience in the service side to ensure that service/marketing/advertisement is of international standards.
Am sure with the right incentives monty will be interested to partner with the state govt. And there are other indigenes in the state that are in the hospitality sectors that can do same.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by BabaTony: 4:01pm On Sep 04, 2013
Rossikk:

Sorry to disappoint. They will not. In akwa ibom the rich ppl who should ordinarily do that are politicians. Unfortunately they don't think that way (the investment way). They believe they will forever be politicians and the govt money will flow steadily. Any business man who ventures it will be confronted with ridiculous terms to share the proceeds of the business of which if they refuse the business goes down. Sad indeed.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Epiphany(m): 4:28pm On Sep 04, 2013
Nice. These are beautiful pictures
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 4:41pm On Sep 04, 2013
A short drive through uyo 8 lane highway .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI9UzC_DoOk
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 6:40pm On Sep 04, 2013
uyo

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:11pm On Sep 05, 2013
more of ikot abasi

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:13pm On Sep 05, 2013
ikot abasi

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:56pm On Sep 05, 2013
AKS

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:58pm On Sep 05, 2013
uyo plaza creating jobs for photographers

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 8:12pm On Sep 05, 2013
Ibom Hall

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by Rossikk(m): 8:24pm On Sep 05, 2013
BabaTony:

Sorry to disappoint. They will not. In akwa ibom the rich ppl who should ordinarily do that are politicians. Unfortunately they don't think that way (the investment way). They believe they will forever be politicians and the govt money will flow steadily. Any business man who ventures it will be confronted with ridiculous terms to share the proceeds of the business of which if they refuse the business goes down. Sad indeed.

Unduly cynical in my view. A lot of those factors where they exist, are surmountable. For an investor, it often involves skillfully relating to power and officialdom to gain the best possible advantage for your firm - the better you are at it, the more successful you'll be.

Also, there's a lot more state government support for tourism and other investment related efforts these days than used to be the case.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 9:08pm On Sep 05, 2013
For Those Akwa Ibom citizens residing in Akwa Ibom Whats the current state of the manufacturing industry in Akwa Ibom? to the best of my knowledge none of the manufacturing industries in the state is working at full capacity at the moment.
The federal parastatal such as:
NNMC privatized and sold to Negris is yet to start production?
ALSCON privatized and sold to rusal is only performing under installed capacity?

The state govt ain't doing OK in terms of revamping ailing industries or creating new ones!
Now that they have prepared grounds infrastructurally for industries by creating good road networks across the state, establishing the gas processing facility at Uquo howbeit private,and the IPP both state government 191 MW ibom power plant and the 500MW mobil power plant U/C. and the proposed seaport project.
Its high time the state ie Govt and private sector begin serious plans for industrialization.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by BabaTony: 10:36pm On Sep 05, 2013
Rossikk:

Unduly cynical in my view. A lot of those factors where they exist, are surmountable. For an investor, it often involves skillfully relating to power and officialdom to gain the best possible advantage for your firm - the better you are at it, the more successful you'll be.

Also, there's a lot more state government support for tourism and other investment related efforts these days than used to be the case.

Rossikk, you can't blame me for being cynical. These people because of oil money have REFUSED to use their heads. Drive from the airport in okobo to ikono/ini you will not see any large scale farming going on.NONE. why is the govt not bothered? Agreed the govt has built roads to most hinterlands and the cities but remember these roads should be an end to a means and NOT the end itself. You hear the gov boasting that he gave women 250k each to go into agriculture but he never comes back to tell us and show us the agric farms these women invested in. I have seen with my two eyes tractors bought by govt(I cant remember whose tenure) lie at the state secretariat and rot then later disappered. Do you think there are no farmers in the state to lend those tractors for use even if its at zero cost just to encourage the farmers? Believe you me these ppl are not interested because it requires thinking. If oil dries up tmrw is this what they would be doing? Any investor pally around them is just for the season. Our 10th anniversary hotel on udoma avenue is still lying waste. The investor was more interested in making money from govt rather than the business. the govt should be savvy and ensure businesses are established and encouraged to succeed. They collect tax afterall. The present govt has consolidated on infrastructure but the economic intelligence, planning and mobilization is TOTALLY ABSENT that why despite all these people are still jobless with complaints here and there. It takes brains to achieve this not billions of naira. Govt should stop surrounding themselves with touts and praise singers who have nothing to offer the state but rather assemble economic think tanks (not IMF grin) who can look at the state and provide short, medium and long term practical solutions for total economic emancipation of that great state.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 12:23pm On Sep 06, 2013
Uyo pictures courtesy of Hakonljzberg

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 12:24pm On Sep 06, 2013
Uyo streets courtesy of Hakonjlzberg

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (78) (Reply)

The 7 Characteristics Of An Eagle And Why They Are Lessons For Good Leadership / APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) / Nigeria Presidential Election Results 2023: INEC Official Announcement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.