Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) - Politics (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) (347377 Views)

My Client Is Now Open To Peace And Dialogue, Nnamdi Kanu's Lawyer Pleads With FG / Kanu Detained In The Interest Of Peace FG Tells Court - Vanguard / Jonathan In France For Summit On Peace And Security In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 10:13pm On Jan 07, 2014
imeofon inyang: ,how can i be that daft bro,the state university teaching hospital is at ikot akpaden in mkppat enin local government

Does the State university have a medical school? can you provide more information.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ChimaAgbalajob: 11:36pm On Jan 07, 2014
I always feel good coming to this Uyo thread.
It is one of the few good news happening in Nigeria, where a few good men are using their position in power to serve the people. Everything else about Nigeria is a depressingly foul smelling stench from very very very ugly evil people.
Did i just hear someone mention Obasanjo, Amaechi and APC again?
grin
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by imeofoninyang: 1:33am On Jan 08, 2014
ujoinme:

Does the State university have a medical school? can you provide more information.
once this is complete the medicine and other medical courses would begin there bro
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 6:03pm On Jan 08, 2014
BabaTony: ^^ these projects na political projects. They will NEVER be completed. angry angry

And how did you arrive at that conclusion? do u have any evidence to back up your allegation?

2 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 6:16pm On Jan 08, 2014
This is the kind of developmental synergy that Nigeria needs,1) road dualization on going at Ekit itam and 2) 290 bed hospital also ongoing at the background. pictures courtesy of dnijaguy

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 6:23pm On Jan 08, 2014
1) Uyo Hilton Garden Hotel 15 floors,250 room nearing completion and
2)the secretariat of Mboho Mkparawa Ibibio,an ibibio socio-cultural organization.
pictures courtesy of the naijaguy

3 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by BabaTony: 6:57pm On Jan 08, 2014
ujoinme:

And how did you arrive at that conclusion? do u have any evidence to back up your allegation?

The building of those houses were awarded to political associates of the governor to "settle" them. Now I am not against empowering them. What im against is the uncoordinated, unplanned and unsupervised manner this particular project was done. Massive housing like this are normally coordinated and supervised by a central body/company/unit etc but in this particular project this is missing. That estate needs plumbing, sewage treatment roads, green areas, electricity etc. As we speak today that whole site is covered with bushes while vandals are carting away what they can because nobody is responsible for the overall security of that place. The estate at eket has not even started.WHEN FOR CHRIST SAKE WILL ALL THIS PUT IN PLACE FOR PEOPLE TO LIVE INSIDE? 2014 surely is a political year, state funds will be looted for elections in 2015. This is Nigeria and we all know how things work. I have hope in other projects but this one by my judgement is dead and buried until a new government comes in.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 8:25pm On Jan 08, 2014
BabaTony:

The building of those houses were awarded to political associates of the governor to "settle" them. Now I am not against empowering them. What im against is the uncoordinated, unplanned and unsupervised manner this particular project was done. Massive housing like this are normally coordinated and supervised by a central body/company/unit etc but in this particular project this is missing. That estate needs plumbing, sewage treatment roads, green areas, electricity etc. As we speak today that whole site is covered with bushes while vandals are carting away what they can because nobody is responsible for the overall security of that place. The estate at eket has not even started.WHEN FOR CHRIST SAKE WILL ALL THIS PUT IN PLACE FOR PEOPLE TO LIVE INSIDE? 2014 surely is a political year, state funds will be looted for elections in 2015. This is Nigeria and we all know how things work. I have hope in other projects but this one by my judgement is dead and buried until a new government comes in.

will like some evidence not just words! a photographic evidence will do just fine.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 8:36pm On Jan 08, 2014
BabaTony:

Below is the reason i cannot take your word for anything thats going on in AKWA IBOM STATE. If you have recently visited akwa ibom or you now reside there prove it by posting current pictures you took while there, and then we may take your word for it.

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by texanomaly(f): 9:50pm On Jan 08, 2014
These pix make me want to go there.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by BabaTony: 2:46am On Jan 09, 2014
ujoinme:

Below is the reason i cannot take your word for anything thats going on in AKWA IBOM STATE. If you have recently visited akwa ibom or you now reside there prove it by posting current pictures you took while there, and then we may take your word for it.

Lol...ujoinme you definitely make me laugh. My comments in 2008! Gosh. This is 2014 for Gods sake bro! Take it from me, I definitely know whats going on in that state to this very minute. Have you asked yourself why you haven't seen any recent pics from those estates? A word is enough for the wise!
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 2:59am On Jan 09, 2014
BabaTony:

Lol...ujoinme you definitely make me laugh. My comments in 2008! Gosh. This is 2014 for Gods sake bro! Take it from me, I definitely know whats going on in that state to this very minute. Have you asked yourself why you haven't seen any recent pics from those estates? A word is enough for the wise!

I like facts and i don't deal with rumour/heresay if you have fact post it, if all you've got is your word, i will take it with a pinch of salt and you know why.

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by BabaTony: 4:26am On Jan 09, 2014
ujoinme:

I like facts and i don't deal with rumour/heresay if you have fact post it, if all you've got is your word, i will take it with a pinch of salt and you know wyhy.

Lol...facts? What facts are you talking about? That im not on ground? Or that that estate project is a failure? I don't play politics like you. I say and see things the way they are. Those so called estates are failed projects! You have enough pictures to prove that if not you would have them posted too on skyscrapercity.com. STOP PLAYING POLITICS WITH DEVELOPMENT! The world can see the progress on other projects in the state but that estate project is comatose! Oh I forgot to tell you, no more illegal parks in uyo, all transporters including aktc are now loading at the designated parks built by attah. Thank God finally someone put aside politics after seven years to do the right thing....lol
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by emmadan(m): 11:26am On Jan 09, 2014
hmm.akwaibom will miss this Akpabio when he steps down o.its hard to find his kind.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 8:07pm On Jan 10, 2014
Super excited for the prospect of the delivery of the New stadium at the end of 2014.
pic 1 = render and
pic 2 & 4= level of construction as @ oct and nov 2013 and
pic #3 level of work as @ dec 2013. thats for the external cladding.

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 8:27pm On Jan 10, 2014
spotting a Street lights maintenance crew in Uyo. I hope they keep this culture going. lol
picture courtesy of dnaijaguy.

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by pendusky(m): 8:39pm On Jan 10, 2014
ujoinme: spotting a Street lights maintenance crew in Uyo. I hope they keep this culture going. lol
picture courtesy of dnaijaguy.
ujoinme from ur post in here, i believe ure not in Akwa Ibom presently...I wld like to meet u on chat, add me lets talk, I just love what u doing here, here is my pin 7621213B, waiting for ur IV. kiss wink grin
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 8:40pm On Jan 10, 2014
I think this is the new government press centre under construction in uyo? Am not sure does anyone know what this building is?
pic courtesy of dnaijaguy.

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 8:42pm On Jan 10, 2014
pendusky: ujoinme from ur post in here, i believe ure not in Akwa Ibom presently...I wld like to meet u on chat, add me lets talk, I just love what u doing here, here is my pin 7621213B, waiting for ur IV. kiss wink grin
Yes, am not in Uyo presently, sorry cant chat at the moment, but you can reach me at greatermann@gmail.com
and thanks for the compliment. happy new year to you.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by pendusky(m): 9:22pm On Jan 10, 2014
ujoinme: Yes, am not in Uyo presently, sorry cant chat at the moment, but you can reach me at greatermann@gmail.com
and thanks for the compliment. happy new year to you.
i just sent u a mail..
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 9:31pm On Jan 10, 2014
pendusky: i just sent u a mail..
and i replied, am quick at replying my mails I also found you on twitter and sent a few twit your way.
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 9:54pm On Jan 10, 2014
any one know what this building is?

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 10:52pm On Jan 10, 2014
a complete view of the Stadium Under construction as at oct 2013

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 11:04pm On Jan 10, 2014
A well planned market scene in Uyo,Nigeria

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 11:09pm On Jan 10, 2014
Uyo,Nigeria

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:44pm On Jun 27, 2014
this attack has wiped out lots of vital post on this thread.u are all welcome back to the thread
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by texanomaly(f): 6:14pm On Jun 27, 2014
ujoinme: a complete view of the Stadium Under construction as at oct 2013

Is this stadium built now?
Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 7:43pm On Jun 30, 2014
texanomaly:

Is this stadium built now?
the stadium is at an advanced stage of construction. current images on Nairaland has been wiped including the construction dairy thread on the stadium. really sad occurrence.

2 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by texanomaly(f): 7:55pm On Jun 30, 2014
ujoinme:
the stadium is at an advanced stage of construction. current images on Nairaland has been wiped including the construction dairy thread on the stadium. really sad occurrence.

Wow...Sorry. I hope people will rally together and bring this thread back. I enjoy watching the progress.

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:29am On Jul 13, 2014
Ibom shopping mall at the tropicana ready for commissioning. Akpabio inspects the project ahead of commission date.

3 Likes

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by ujoinme: 5:30am On Jul 13, 2014
smiley wink

1 Like

Re: Uyo - City Of Peace And Beauty (Pictures) by texanomaly(f): 8:36pm On Jul 13, 2014
It is beautiful! Can't wait to see it for real...

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (78) (Reply)

The 7 Characteristics Of An Eagle And Why They Are Lessons For Good Leadership / APC Presidential Primary: (Live Updates, Pictures & Results) / Nigeria Presidential Election Results 2023: INEC Official Announcement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.