Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,441 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! (10243 Views)

Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts / Man Who Donated His Hotel Building To Catholic Church, Turns Keke Napep Driver / Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 01, 2013
italo: ^^^...will never make them Jesus' Church.

They'll always be King Henry's visa to open adultery.

I wonder how they got the name. ‘anglican’

A church based on an adulterou king....lol
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by CarCam: 8:50am On Sep 01, 2013
Enigma:

^^^^ grin grin grin

Where is that Idi Amin gif when you need it? smiley

Edit: found it!

grin grin Yeah, I know, that Idi Amin animation gif is on point

and is handy for peculiar or ludicrous moments,

Am about making one, will share with all as soon as it's done
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Enigma(m): 11:45am On Sep 01, 2013
CarCam:

grin grin Yeah, I know, that Idi Amin animation gif is on point

and is handy for peculiar or ludicrous moments,

Am about making one, will share with all as soon as it's done

One gif that I would like to have is one for ----- crybaby! grin

Oh and how contradictory of my crybaby friend to concede that Jesus is with two or three people gathered in His name --- yet claim they are not Jesus' Church! wink

@ logicboy

You are making progress; that is nice to see. smiley
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by PastorAIO: 12:13pm On Sep 01, 2013
CarCam:

@Pastor AIO

Ghenghen! Pastor AIO!! - Jokingly, my fav trouble stirrer !!! grin

You've been on a shabbat?

Anyway FBO others

http://www.reclaimingthemind.org/blog/2012/08/where-two-or-three-are-gathered-and-other-bad-interpretations/

This in your name matter has caused quite a bit of yawa. Let us look at an example.

Was Christ in the midst of the Christian Praying Assembly? This was the gathering 'in christ's name' led by Rev King.

And while we are considering that let us also consider Christ's own words. . . .

22"Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

It is as if Jesus knew that this 'in your name' matter would be abused so he said the above explicitly.

ps. Nice link CarCam.

2 Likes

Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by PastorAIO: 12:18pm On Sep 01, 2013
Enigma:
Ah, here is one more question; and you don't even have to answer it, just like you haven't answered the last set.

smiley

Psychological projection was conceptualized by Sigmund Freud in the 1890s as a defense mechanism in which a person unconsciously rejects his or her own unacceptable attributes by ascribing them to objects or persons in the outside world.[1]
Although rooted in early developmental stages,[2] and classed by Vaillant as an immature defence,[3] the projection of one's negative qualities onto others on a small scale is nevertheless a common process in everyday life.[4]

Projection tends to come to the fore in normal people at times of crisis, personal or political,[21] but is more commonly found in the neurotic or psychotic[22]—in personalities functioning at a primitive level as in paranoia or borderline personality disorder.[23]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Enigma(m): 12:21pm On Sep 01, 2013
^^^ Look, I don't have time for you, I've got more important things to 'throw down'.

Last I heard you were opening some latrine threads which I guess went down the drain. Naturally, I was never going to get involved in some shi*ty threads. (All puns intended). smiley
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by PastorAIO: 12:39pm On Sep 01, 2013

Psychological projection was conceptualized by Sigmund Freud in the 1890s as a defense mechanism in which a person unconsciously rejects his or her own unacceptable attributes by ascribing them to objects or persons in the outside world.[1]
Although rooted in early developmental stages,[2] and classed by Vaillant as an immature defence,[3] the projection of one's negative qualities onto others on a small scale is nevertheless a common process in everyday life.[4]

Projection tends to come to the fore in normal people at times of crisis, personal or political,[21] but is more commonly found in the neurotic or psychotic[22]—in personalities functioning at a primitive level as in paranoia or borderline personality disorder.[23]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Enigma(m): 12:42pm On Sep 01, 2013
^^^ One word: hypocrite! wink

Pastor AIO:

I hope you understand that Jesus was talking about fellowship there and the importance of it for worship and for acheiving goals. Even where there is nobody around Christ is there too.

19Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. 20For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
Matthew 18

Agreed, but it doesn't say that the church meetings must be colossal affairs in great big buildings. 2 or 3 people can encourage and warn each other. In fact in a big institution you are more likely to get lost in the crowd and nobody knows your business and nobody encourages or upbraids you.

I said:Besides you are still lost on this idea that the church is a building and a man made institutions. To which you respond.

I said you were lost in the idea of church being an building and man made institution because you say things like this:

I understand that where there are christians there is church, cos christians are the church. So how can there be no church around where there are 2 neighbours who are christians, unless you mean something different by church. The only other thing that I can imagine you are saying is that there is no registered church with a building and an institutional 'structure and purpose'. Am I wrong? If so, please correct me.

1000 people can't fulfil the purpose of the church either, unless they have the holy spirit. It is not the number of people. If there is need for prophecy in an area and there are only 3 people in the church there it is nothing for the spirit to inspire one of them to start prophesying if he hasn't before. Or to send a new member with the gift of prophecy. The church is worldwide and it is only fellowships that are limited to an area. Just as, i guess to use the imagery of 1Cor 12, the eyes are located in the head while the toes are located on the feet and the liver and kidneys etc each have where they are located yet they work together to fulfill the purpose of one living church.

Sir, you said one has to be called to be in the ministry. I happen to know that you are in a ministry. I asked you what the criteria was for knowing that you are called. This is another of the many questions I've been asking of you since and I am yet to receive a response to any of them. What better way to demonstrate the criteria of knowing you are called than you use yourself as an example. If you find it too personal can you then simply tell us in general terms how one is to know that he is called and how the rest of us are to know too. I don't think that has left the topic at all, you brought it up right within the topic.

Okay o, leave that part.

You're looking puzzled when I tell you to go and rest cos you are tired. Did I not warn you not to put words in my mouth, like you poodle Deepsight was wont to do.
Remember I said:

Yet you deliberately decided to keep on using the word tired. Plus you then open a new thread about needing to take a rest. If you don't know it then let me give you the diagnosis of why. I say it is because you have a weariness in your soul, and it is been expressed subliminally. Am I wrong? I'll accept the possibility that I am wrong, at the end of the day it is your life and you know about it best. But sha, the bottomline of all that is please don't put words in my mouth. I never mentioned anything about being tired. Speak for yourself.

I can see that this is going to be a sticking point for you if I don't answer it, even though it is one of the things that I was determined not to answer on NL.
I am C of E, denominationally speaking. Happy?

You are saying that the purpose of the church is to build the church. I guess you're right. And the purpose of a dog is to be a dog. and the purpose of dinner is to dine. Let us have dinner in order to dine.
Menh, you are just talking abstract nonsense. 'perfecting saints into maturity'. What do mature saints do? What does the church do? Did Jesus not say that the kingdom will be like a great tree when matured and even the birds will find shelter under it?

He set another parable before them, saying, "The Kingdom of Heaven is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field; which indeed is smaller than all seeds. But when it is grown, it is greater than the herbs, and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in its branches."

– Matthew 13:31–32

The entire purpose of Jesus ministry is to fulfill the law and the apex of the Law is Love God, and Love your neighbour. How we love our neighbour is amply explained in the parable of the good Samaritan. How we love God is amply explained here:

Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by truthislight: 12:45pm On Sep 01, 2013
Lol.

"Cat and mouse" thing going down here. cheesy
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Enigma(m): 12:46pm On Sep 01, 2013
^^^ Jos dey look; American wonder. lol or lol wink

smiley
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by truthislight: 12:50pm On Sep 01, 2013
"For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth." (1 Timothy 2:3-4).....

cheesy
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by italo: 3:22pm On Sep 01, 2013
Pastor AIO:

This in your name matter has caused quite a bit of yawa. Let us look at an example.

Was Christ in the midst of the Christian Praying Assembly? This was the gathering 'in christ's name' led by Rev King.

And while we are considering that let us also consider Christ's own words. . . .

22"Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

It is as if Jesus knew that this 'in your name' matter would be abused so he said the above explicitly.

ps. Nice link CarCam.

DEPART FROM CHRIST, YOU WHO PRACTISE LAWLESSNESS "IN HIS NAME."

In another translation:

Another passage says:

Luke 13:25 Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, ‘Sir, open the door for us.’

“But he will answer, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from.’

26 “Then you will say, ‘We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.’

27 “But he will reply, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!’

AWAY FROM CHRIST. HE DOESNT KNOW YOU OR WHERE YOU COME FROM. ALL YE "TWO OR THREE" EVILDOERS GATHERING "IN HIS NAME."

CAN SOMEBODY SAY AMEN?!
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Enigma(m): 3:27pm On Sep 01, 2013
^^^ I will let your "friend" answer you. smiley

Pastor AIO:
Says who? Who told you that 2 people meeting together in fellowship doesn't make a church? Where 2 or 3 are gathered in his name, he is there. Besides you are still lost on this idea that the church is a building and a man made institutions. No!! The Church is those who have been called out of the world, for christ. And if Christ is in the midst of them they can 'continue like that' for as long as Christ wills it.
Organisations have purpose and structure. The Church are simply those called out for Christ.....

E never finish ooo

smiley
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by italo: 3:33pm On Sep 01, 2013
^^^I will let Christ answer you.

"Away from me, you workers of iniquity!"
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Enigma(m): 3:37pm On Sep 01, 2013
Of course he will say that of the Roman Catholic Church! smiley

I will demonstrate that shortly. In the meantime as your "friend" claims to be an Anglican, do you want to help him with answers to the following?

By the way, confirm now openly that:

1. The Anglicans are heretics;
2. The Anglicans do not have "apostolic succession", as
3. Anglican orders are "absolutely null and utterly void".

smiley
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by italo: 3:37pm On Sep 01, 2013
The lawless ones: "we gathered in your name and performed miracles and cast out demons."

Jesus: "depart from me. I have never known you, you lawless people."

Can somebody say a big amen to God's word?!
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Enigma(m): 3:39pm On Sep 01, 2013
The Roman Catholic Church versus Jesus Christ

Sample 1

Roman Catholic Church

“We declare, state, define and pronounce that it is altogether necessary to salvation for every human creature to be subject to the Roman pontiff. (‘Pope’ Boniface VIII, Unam Sanctam; statement made ex cathedra, thus ‘infallibly’!)

Versus

Jesus Christ

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)

1 Like

Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by italo: 3:43pm On Sep 01, 2013
The lawless ones: "haba Lord! But we ate and drank with you. You promised to be with those who gather in your name."

Jesus: "I said I dont know you or where you're from. AWAY FROM ME!"

Amen?!

1 Like

Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Enigma(m): 3:46pm On Sep 01, 2013
The Roman Catholic Church versus Jesus Christ

Sample 2

Roman Catholic Church

Also well-known is the Catholic teaching that no one can be saved [without] the Catholic Church. Eternal salvation cannot be obtained by those who oppose the authority and statements of the same Church and are stubbornly separated from the unity of the Church and also from the successor of Peter, the Roman Pontiff, to whom the custody of the vineyard has been committed by the Savior." (per "pope" Pius IX; this time let Roman Catholics themselves tell us whether this statement was made fallibly or ‘infallibly’)

Versus

Jesus Christ

For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them." (Matthew 18:20)
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by truthislight: 3:50pm On Sep 01, 2013
I just hope this thread does not turn to one of those lengthy once at this rate. cheesy
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Enigma(m): 3:51pm On Sep 01, 2013
Make we dey look dem! grin
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by italo: 3:52pm On Sep 01, 2013
Jesus (2000 years ago): "You are Peter and upon this rock I will build my Church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it." (Catholic).

King Henry VIII (500 years ago): "You are Anne Boleyn between your legs I will build my "church" (Anglican).

1 Like

Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Enigma(m): 3:54pm On Sep 01, 2013
^^^ Like say that one concern me, lol grin

Nor be ya "friend" you dey talk to so?

Tell am now say Anglicans are "heretics" with no "apostolic succession" whose ordinations/orders are "absolutely null and utterly void"! grin
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 01, 2013
Lol.....the pig enjoys rolling in filth

Just like the op enjoys rolling in lies so that he can put his minstry on equal footing with the catholic church in the history of xtianity......I expected Italo not to engage.

Play with a pig abd you get filthy
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Ubenedictus(m): 6:41pm On Sep 01, 2013
Enigma: ^^^ I'm not giving you anything! Your choice what you want to do or what you want to discuss or what you want to post.

You don't even have to answer my questions! Although I will continue to ask such questions, make such points, and use "quotations" that I consider to be "of pertinence". smiley

Ah, here is one more question; and you don't even have to answer it, just like you haven't answered the last set.

Thousands of Anglicans will be holding church services tomorrow, some even including 'Holy Communion': will Jesus Christ be in the midst of them?

smiley
so u can't give d link that attributes that prayer to st chysostum? Hehehe
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Enigma(m): 6:44pm On Sep 01, 2013
Logicboy03: Lol.....the pig enjoys rolling in filth

Just like the op enjoys rolling in lies so that he can put his minstry on equal footing with the catholic church in the history of xtianity......I expected Italo not to engage.

Ah, you have to defend the faith of your papa and mama! Understandable. smiley

Ubenedictus: so u can't give d link that attributes that prayer to st chysostum? Hehehe

Of course I can; but I won't.

So you cannot do the simple task of using google. Hehehehehehehehehe grin

smiley
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Ubenedictus(m): 6:46pm On Sep 01, 2013
italo: The lawless ones: "we gathered in your name and performed miracles and cast out demons."

Jesus: "depart from me. I have never known you, you lawless people."

Can somebody say a big amen to God's word?!
amen!!!
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Ubenedictus(m): 6:50pm On Sep 01, 2013
Enigma:

Of course I can; but I won't.

So you cannot do the simple task of using google. Hehehehehehehehehe grin

smiley

hahahah humour me!
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 01, 2013
Enigma:

Fail. Pops and moms aint catholic........fail fail fail
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Enigma(m): 6:54pm On Sep 01, 2013
Ubenedictus: hahahah humour me!

Nope! wink

Afterall one of y'all "friends" don do me psychoanalogy (or whatever) ----- courtesy of Wikipedia. lol grin

smiley

Logicboy03:

Fail. Pops and moms aint catholic........fail fail fail

Na so! smiley
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by truthislight: 7:02pm On Sep 01, 2013
Logicboy03: Lol.....the pig enjoys rolling in filth

grin lol, this is extremely funny o cheesy

an atheist being so extremely passionate about the "genuine church". grin cheesy

the Joke of the year. cheesy
Re: From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 01, 2013
truthislight:

grin lol, this is extremely funny o cheesy

an atheist being so extremely passionate about the "genuine church". grin cheesy

the Joke of the year. cheesy

First of all, I am defending history, not the catholic church. The historical fact is that catholics compiled the bible

Secondly, one cant leave the catholic church

-your baptismal record will always be counted during summations of catholic numbers in the country or worldwide.
-unfortunatelty, the only available burial for me is between a choice of traditional pagan or catholic.........you knoew the preferable choice
-the catholic church has swag....richest of church with many influential peeps.....need it for business connections

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Christ Holy Church Aka Odozi-obodo: Share Your Experience Or Views / "Why Couldn't God Forgive Satan?" / Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.