Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight (21056 Views)

Watch Christiane Amanpour Interview President Buhari On CNN (July 21) / Christiane Amanpour Interviews President Buhari At 7PM Tonight / Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight by holluwai(m): 1:33am On Apr 17, 2013
It just seem like this sheyie2007 is actually born a fool. I have read all your comments and you make absolutely no sense. How much were you paid to come here and talk trash? You better take your time before the wrath of God strikes you and your household. Obuko oshi!

sheyie2007: you had better go and look for a job and stop complaining angry
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:35am On Apr 17, 2013
maasoap: That's exactly the duty of a responsible government, to pull as many citizens as possible out of misery. Creation of conducive environment for businesses to flourish, companies to spring up, putting infrastructures in place, soft and low interest loans backed by govt to SMEs. Do you even know responsibility of a govt at all? What about social benefits? Go and read kid.

It is time you wake up and understand the part of the world your in. People in this part of the world Justify and uphold thieves. While people who chose to serve are crucified.

How can anyone abuse him for asking for basic amenities. We are being robbed daily of millions of dollars and those the money are meant for to make their lives easier are abused to go and look for jobs. The government is supposed to make room for infrastructural and economical growth.

Instead we are deceived and when lots of lives are lost, the government keep on spreading propaganda.

Please Bro. let it go. Don't argue with them. This is the society we live in.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:39am On Apr 17, 2013
seanet01: Wow!
A paragon of intelligence and fiscal tranquility.
Why the comparism with Abacha if not that she is evil?
Intelligence does not translate to sincerity.
Last time i checked she was part of the bankers that wrecked the European economy. Ask Greece, Ask Portugal, Ask Cyprus, Ask italy about her intelligence.
You know why Brazil Economy is growing faster than the whole Europe?
They called the bluff of World Bank, IMF and the brute capitalists parading themselves around of which NOI is a member glued to its inner circle.
Like i said again, Intelligence does not translate to Sincerity and honesty.
Without honesty and sincerity, the world will continue to be what the bankers want it to be.
A flash of hell.

Purely remarkable. cool
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:45am On Apr 17, 2013
seanet01: Which of my facts can you dispute?
The one stating how OBJ and NOI spent 16 billion US dollars on the power sector without any result?
The one stating how NOI paid out 3 trillion naira to Subsidy thieves when only 300 billion was budget for it.
You really need help

Where the F.u.c..k is General Buhari when you need him. These guys would have been begging for mercy after stealing from this country.

No wonder this government is bent on spreading propaganda. angry
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:47am On Apr 17, 2013
talk2valen: I, as a person never dislike NOI but tonight she avoided a question and started telling us way out of corruption. If its not in her jurisdiction, she should have avoided the question completely. She talked about power and oil and yet some people are saying she's just the finance minister and she doesn't even have the correct figure of the number of megawatts dropped in the last week. She's composed but to say she rubbished Amanpour is falsehood. Our leaders are not just getting it right. Let's face the truth. She was comparing us to other developing countries struggling with electricity and she mentioned india and south africa, then she said south africa is better leaving us with india to compete with. Why not mention ghana and some other developing countries that's got stable power? She compared us with mexico and said they lose 25000 barrels of oil to theft everyday and then she said we lose 150,000 barrels daily, what kinda comparism. Abeg our leaders are not just trying. It means mexico got it under control and according to her they've been able to trace the theft to some mafias, who have we been able to trace ours to? Guys listen to that interview again and get the facts. I've listened to it like 10times cos I got it recorded. Where's the power improvement she claimed we had when nothing has changed in most places for a long time? Let's call a spade a spade. This people aren't trying at all, they are just fooling us. Be it any political party or alliance, they're taking us for a ride. #gbam
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight by Vansnickers: 1:55am On Apr 17, 2013
Why did she dodge the Question on Alams Pardon?!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight by Raymond4kc: 2:35am On Apr 17, 2013
Transcript of the interview.

AMANPOUR: Welcome back to the program. Africa's most populous nation, Nigeria, is full of promise. But fulfilling that promise is sometimes a struggle. Plagued by corruption and mismanagement, the resource-rich country has a poverty rate of over 50 percent. Maternal mortality is shockingly high. And more than half of Nigerians don't have access to electricity.

Nigeria's president, Goodluck Jonathan, can't even escape the power problem himself. Here he is on Easter Sunday, delivering a speech to his people only to have it disrupted by a blackout. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala says that she and her president want more for the country. She's Nigeria's finance minister and she's been lauded as just the kind of reformer that Nigeria needs. She was a runner-up to lead the World Bank and "Forbes" ranked her as one of the world's most powerful women.

But even she isn't immune from Nigeria's problems. Her own mother was kidnapped for a terrifying five days before being released.

I spoke to her and I asked her about her country's uphill struggle to transform Nigeria's resources into a better life for all the people. We talked when she was here in New York for the Women in the World Summit. And as you watch, we look forward to your tweets using #amanpour.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

AMANPOUR: Dr. Okonjo-Iweala, welcome to the program.

NGOZI OKONJO-IWEALA, NIGERIAN FINANCE MINISTER: Thank you for having me.

AMANPOUR: Great to have you.

OKONJO-IWEALA: Thank you.

AMANPOUR: Nigeria is a huge and important country. We have many, many viewers from Nigeria, always very active and very interested. So it's great to have you here.

OKONJO-IWEALA: Thank you.

AMANPOUR: You have said and others have said, that 2013 is going to be a real game-changing year, a turning point year for Nigeria, particularly in your area of finance and economics.

How?

OKONJO-IWEALA: Well, it's going to be a game-changer and a turning point, because this is the year we are going to produce results. And we're already producing results within the administration.

First, on the economic side, I just want to say that macroeconomic stability has been restored. Now, nobody should minimize that. Remember, there were two lost decades in Africa, in the '80s and '90s, where there was so much macro instability that people could not even focus on sectors that could create jobs.

Now things have gone right. We've got growth that is at 6.5 percent last year and we're projecting for 2013, also, around the same number compared to average 5 percent on the African continent.

Now, I just want to say that when you mention GDP growth, people immediately say we can -- in my country, they say we can't eat growth; because we have unemployment challenges, we need to create more jobs. We have a challenge of inclusion. We have problems of inequality.

All those are challenges we face.

AMANPOUR: You are obviously a passionate defender of your country. You are a person who calls for transparency and honesty and best practices.

There is a huge problem with corruption in your country. The president promised to address this stuff. And the latest is that an ally of his, a former governor who was convicted of stealing millions of dollars, has been pardoned, embezzling $55 million in public funds.

Now, the U.S. calls that a setback for the fight against corruption.

I mean how do you answer that?

OKONJO-IWEALA: How do I answer that question?

OK, listen to what I have to say on corruption. And I think I have quite a bit to say. I wrote a book recently where I also had a whole chapter on that issue called, "Reforming the Unreformable."

Nigeria does have a problem with corruption. And so do many other countries, including developed countries. I don't like the fact that when people mention the name Nigeria, the next thing they say is corruption.

This is a country of 170 million people; 99.9 percent of them are honest, hard-working citizens who just want to get on with their lives and they want a government that delivers for them.

What we've said is that in order to help block any leakages and help to, you know, stop any attempts at corruption or taking monies, we must build electronic platforms. We must distance people from the money.

These things were recommended by the World Bank and the IMF. I used to work at the World Bank. We are doing them.

And I strongly believe that we lack institutions. We lack processes.

Now, what President Goodluck Jonathan has done now is to call the judiciary, the legislature and the executive arm for the first time to meet together on this issue and say, this is not just about government, this is about all of us coming together, because even if you catch somebody, they go to the courts and they are let off lightly.

The president can't do anything about that. The judicial system also has to be strengthened.

Legislators also have to crack down. They themselves have to work at also being transparent and helping the executive.

But for me, also, in addition to doing that, we need to stop talking and identify the specifics, like you mentioned oil leakages. Let me mention two things quickly.

The first one is the oil theft that is 150,000 barrels a day --

AMANPOUR: Which is huge.

OKONJO-IWEALA: -- a month -- which is huge. Yes. I admit that. And we can't afford -- I'll tell you; my thesis on corruption is we are still a poor country. We cannot afford any leakage.

We also need the international community to weigh in. We have -- Mexico and Nigeria are suffering from this problem, you can check. Mexico has (inaudible) losing 25,000 barrels a day. And they found (inaudible).

In our case, we have international people who also buy that stolen oil. We need them to treat this stolen oil like stolen diamonds, the blood diamonds. Make it blood oil. Help us so that those people don't have a market to sell this stuff.

That's one. And we ourselves should commit to fighting -- and we are fighting that.

AMANPOUR: Let me ask you about that, because you also have challenges with electricity. You mentioned you're very rich in oil and people just simply don't understand why there still seem to be so many problems with electricity.

And it might seem, you know, weird to pick on that one thing, but it is very prevalent. I asked your president about this during an interview I did by satellite when he was at the World Economic Forum in Davos.

Let's just see what he had to say to me.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

GOODLUCK JONATHAN, PREISDENT OF NIGERIA: That is one area that Nigerians are quite pleased with the government, that's a commitment to improve power. It's working. So if you are saying something different, I'm really surprised. That is one area, one area that we will -- civil society members agree that government has kept faith with its promise.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

AMANPOUR: Now, that interview caused a bit of a hullabaloo, as I think you know, in Nigeria. And yet, the World Bank has said that half -- more than half the Nigerian population doesn't have any access to the power grid.

OKONJO-IWEALA: As you know, Nigeria became a democracy again when President Obasanjo came into power in 1999. Two decades prior to that, there was hardly any investment in electricity.

If you've neglected a sector for that long, you've not invested, you've not even maintained your basic facilities, it's not going to happen that fast. It takes time.

That month, when you interviewed the president, the polls showed, independently, scientifically (inaudible) that they are in technical partnership with dialogue. That 54 percent of Nigerians felt there was some improvement. They do it monthly.

Now this month, they've surveyed and they've showed this going down, because 800 megawatts has been taken off the grid, which is while they are maintaining the grid.

AMANPOUR: Well, let me ask you, because businesses apparently say that this problem with electricity is causing them to, you know, be reluctant to invest.

(CROSSTALK)

AMANPOUR: They need this investment...

OKONJO-IWEALA: Nigeria is not the only country. Almost every developing country has a problem with power, as you know. India has it. South Africa has it. South Africa is far better off because they've invested much more.

But many developing countries, even China, they are struggling with keeping up with infrastructure.

Now, what we are doing in Nigeria?

We have accepted that the government is not the best place to run the power sector, that if we want this country and this economy to do better, we just have to get out. And Nigeria is pursuing one of the most sweeping privatization programs in any country in the world.

We are selling off everything. The generation capacity, the distribution capacity in the country, government is only retaining one thing -- transmission.

AMANPOUR: Well, on that note, Madam Minister, thank you for joining me.

OKONJO-IWEALA: Thank you, Christiane, for having me.

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight by Nobody: 2:39am On Apr 17, 2013
Summary:

She selectively compared Nigeria to Mexico, South Africa, and India by giving bogus information, no? undecided At least she was less clueless than the other fedora hat wearing Ph.D holder... Suffice to say, cluelessness is greater than cluelessness(Prof. Corruption's voice wink)...

The only two Nigerians that have displayed wit, great articulation, high intelligence worthy of their status on Amanpour's show are: General Martin Luther Agwai(what an intelligent and articulate patriot) and Prof. Wole Soyinka... The rest are just ___________. undecided

Anyway, shout me when she gets an interview with Isha Sesay... I just want to see Isha's beautiful face... wink grin

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:51am On Apr 17, 2013
Raymond4kc: Transcript of the interview.

What we've said is that in order to help block any leakages and help to, you know, stop any attempts at corruption or taking monies, we must build electronic platforms. We must distance people from the money.

These things were recommended by the World Bank and the IMF. I used to work at the World Bank. We are doing them.

In our case, we have international people who also buy that stolen oil. We need them to treat this stolen oil like stolen diamonds, the blood diamonds. Make it blood oil. Help us so that those people don't have a market to sell this stuff.

Honestly, am I the only one that find these Hilarious. Indeed PHD no pass PHD. Birds of the same feathers flock together.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:56am On Apr 17, 2013
Raymond4kc: OKONJO-IWEALA: As you know, Nigeria became a democracy again when President Obasanjo came into power in 1999. Two decades prior to that, there was hardly any investment in electricity.

If you've neglected a sector for that long, you've not invested, you've not even maintained your basic facilities, it's not going to happen that fast. It takes time.

Like WTF. Is this woman saying General IBB and General Abacha didn't sink in funds into power? This is lying under Amanpour's nose. Is she saying before OBJ there was no national budget on electricity? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight by thegoodjoehunt(m): 2:58am On Apr 17, 2013
Raymond4kc:

Thanx very much for the transcript, very much appreciated. wink
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:03am On Apr 17, 2013
Raymond4kc: Transcript of the interview.

We are selling off everything. The generation capacity, the distribution capacity in the country, government is only retaining one thing -- transmission.

Like WTF. We are f.u.ck.ed. Just like OBJ's privatization scheme/scam. grin

I wonder what people found fantastic about this interview. grin grin
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight by Nobody: 3:22am On Apr 17, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

She held her own against Amanpour, just like PSG did against Barcelona grin

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight by playboy19(m): 3:22am On Apr 17, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Well, i thought i was the only dumb one around cos i found the interview so insulting. It's a big shame.

The President of Nigeria showed up on CNN, fukced himself in the a55
The Prime Minister followed suit. Isn't that hilarious?

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight by Nobody: 3:23am On Apr 17, 2013
playboy19:

Well, i thought i was the only dumb one around cos i found the interview so insulting. It's a big shame.

The Prime Minister took followed suit. Isn't that hilarious?
LWKMD grin grin
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:24am On Apr 17, 2013
CFCfan:

She held her own against Amanpour, just like PSG did against Barcelona grin

grin grinI trust you to always deliver.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:25am On Apr 17, 2013
playboy19:

The Prime Minister followed suit. Isn't that hilarious?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:36am On Apr 17, 2013
OKONJO-IWEALA: As you know, Nigeria became a democracy again when President Obasanjo came into power in 1999. Two decades prior to that, there was hardly any investment in electricity.

I just can't get my head off this. grin
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:38am On Apr 17, 2013
OKONJO-IWEALA - We have accepted that the government is not the best place to run the power sector, that if we want this country and this economy to do better, we just have to get out.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight by Nobody: 3:40am On Apr 17, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: OKONJO-IWEALA: As you know, Nigeria became a democracy again when President Obasanjo came into power in 1999. Two decades prior to that, there was hardly any investment in electricity.

I just can't get my head off this. grin

To be fair, she said "there was hardly.." It means that the prior administrations invested little in electricity.
That statement was a Bayern-like counter attack against Barcelona (Amanpour) grin

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:52am On Apr 17, 2013
CFCfan:

To be fair, she said "there was hardly.." It means that the prior administrations invested little in electricity.
That statement was a Bayern-like counter attack against Barcelona (Amanpour) grin

The truth is that like Guardiola's foundation of the Tiki Taka style of play in the current Barcelona team. Most of the Electrical infrastructure in the country was put in by the Military Government and not GEJ. Yes GEJ has put in a lot into improving the infrastructure on ground but please most of the work was already put down by the Military. How many Transformers did GEJ put round Port-Harcourt for instance, most High tension cables and transformers were already laid. Back in the IBB era, the light was far better than it is today.

So her 20 decades time table is totally wrong.

Also it is clear without the help of the private input, these guys can't run the country. That is why they are trying to get out.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight by Nobody: 4:00am On Apr 17, 2013
^^^
Yep, the govt alone can't certainly provide all the needed power infrastructure.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight by Feedmemore(f): 4:11am On Apr 17, 2013
CFCfan:

Beyern-like counter attack ? grin grin grin Are already anticipating for that when the two sides meet? undecided undecided
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight by Nobody: 4:13am On Apr 17, 2013
Feed me more:

Beyern-like counter attack ? grin grin grin Are already anticipating for that when the two sides meet? undecided undecided

Yeah, it could happen grin
Anyway, like I said earlier, it seems NOI wasn't flustered by Amanpour's questioning.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:17am On Apr 17, 2013
CFCfan: ^^^
Yep, the govt alone can't certainly provide all the needed power infrastructure.

An honest government can. A government that is ready to prosecute those who tries to undermine the strength of the government and growth of the country.

The worst part of this whole privatization stuff, just like the OBJ privatization scheme and AGO subsidy removal.

Governments we called corrupt, worked with less revenue from Oil and was able to maintain infrastructure and welfare of the nation. Now during the DEMOCRACY AGAIN era championed by OBJ. There was a windfall due to the rise of Oil, he then did his privatization scam, taking away responsibilities from the government, then removed Subsidy from AGO. Creating vast amount of money that the corrupt military Government could not dream off. Yet little or nothing is shown.

Just like people were flashing roads, and some jobs created from the Sure-P project. Also some electrical infrastructural developments. Please the Military era did all this kind of projects with the responsibility of the things the government is now privatizing. The truth is that, all these Subsidy and Privatization is to create more loot for squandering.

It might be the best step but those in the corridors of power are the wrong people to take the step. It has been fraud all the way.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight by Nobody: 4:23am On Apr 17, 2013
^^
The previous govts spent not less than $25 billion with little or nothing to show. I'm no GEJ fanatic, but I like his administration's approach of handing over some aspects of the power sector to the private sector. The govt will still be in charge of generation and transmission, while the private sector will handle the distribution end.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:24am On Apr 17, 2013
You can imagine General Abacha running the PTF, building the national hospital, running the FSP program and yet still had nothing like Subsidy removal and Oil was at $12 a barrel. Yet he was able to handle roads, water, education etc.

Yet upon the rise in the amount of production of crude and the rise in crude oil prices. These guys are still privatizing and removing subsidies to run the nation. What a joke.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:27am On Apr 17, 2013
CFCfan: ^^
The previous govts spent not less than $25 billion with little or nothing to show. I'm no GEJ fanatic, but I like his administration's approach of handing over some aspects of the power sector to the private sector. The govt will still be in charge of generation and transmission, while the private sector will handle the distribution end.

Prime minister Okonjo said her government will only handle transmission, they are selling everything. What will happen to the money received. What will happen to the funds meant for running these projects.

It just reminds me of OBJ. After his privatization scheme/scam and Subsidy removal of AGO. The national reserves still kept on going down.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight by Nobody: 4:30am On Apr 17, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Prime minister Okonjo said her government will only handle transmission, they are selling everything. What will happen to the money received. What will happen to the funds meant for running these projects.

It just reminds me of OBJ. After his privatization scheme/scam and Subsidy removal of AGO. The national reserves still kept on going down.

That looks like yet another policy somersault;SMH. I just hope and pray that the saved funds will be channeled to other areas i.e secondary and tertiary education. As for the reserves, I learned that the reserves mainly pay for the nation's imports, and is used to 'stabilize' the naira. The "Excess crude account" has risen to $7 billion.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:33am On Apr 17, 2013
CFCfan:

That looks like yet another policy somersault;SMH. I just hope and pray that the saved funds will be channeled to other areas i.e secondary and tertiary education. As for the reserves, I learned that the reserves mainly pay for the nation's imports, and is used to 'stabilize' the naira. The "Excess crude account" has risen to $7 billion.

Yes all we can really do is hope and pray. If these guys make mistakes (I really pray they don't), the future generation will suffer.

That is why I really wish the best for GEJ, NOI, SLS. Our future is now in their hands. They can make or break this nation. It is high time we let go of our selfishness and think of the kids of tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:35am On Apr 17, 2013
CFCfan:

From the Subsidy removal from AGO and PMS, with the rise in crude oil prices, with the privatization scheme going on, the government is suppose to have a lot to develop this nation with ease.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala To Talk To Christiane Amanpour Tonight by ddeola: 4:37am On Apr 17, 2013
Na cheap pupolarity and undeserved attention dem dey find. If U like go white house,it won't change anything tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Military Operation: Food, Transportation Crises Hit Delta, Bayelsa / Wike: I Will Run For Second Term On One Condition / Buratai Explains Why Army Created Female Corps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.