Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,525 members, 7,837,010 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam - Islam for Muslims (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam (36943 Views)

3 Things You Love About Islam / Muslims Can I Ask You Some Questions? / Today's Muslims Can Never Obey Allah? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (40) (Go Down)

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by lanrexlan(m): 5:44pm On May 16, 2013
Mintayo:

really? Then another form of adolatory then!

i guess so many won't feature in ur paradise then...another difference btw allah n christain God!
I can do good deeds,as long as it surpasses my bad deeds;but d state of my heart doesnt matter,neither does my sinful nature counts!

Good,another difference again!
I can do all d above. Again so many ppl wnt make ur paradise including muslims...do good deeds but u can go on sinning!
E.g an Alhaji cn go on 2 sponsor terrorists and distribute money to d poor-he l find himself in ur paradise?
No wonder d place is full of a many 'unrighteous' things-(virgins 4 terrorists...wine etc)u l go 2 a paradise wit a sinful nature?

haaa...cherry-picking d bible again!

oga...u r wrong sir!
Jesus was telling d man dt good deeds cant take u to heaven(nt paradise); He also make d man understand dt 'keeping d commandments wnt take u too heaven either!
So u r wrong again...since u love reading d Bible so much;mayb u shld try and read it 'openmindedly' not with a biased or poison heart dt u have!

Now let me show u d way to God's kingdom!
John 3:3
3. Jesus replied, " i tell you the truth,unless you are born again, you cannot see the kingdom of God."
verse 5-6 says
5. Jesus replied,"i assure you,no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit!
6. Humans can produce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life,

you see that;being born again means you are born of God-u v given ur life 2 God through Jesus b born of Spirit: God is a Spirit and u must worship him in d Spirit!

When someone is in Christ,He is a new creature,old things(sinful body or nature)has pass away,all things(new spirit) are becoming new!

John 1:12-13
but to all who believed Him and accepted Him,He gave the right to become children of God.
They are reborn-not with a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan,but a birth that comes from God!

God does not deal with the body but our spirit!
The criteria to ur paradise differs from dt of christains!

I pray ur eyes will be open to the truth...and u will c d Love of God through Jesus!
Ha,I was right.You can't reason at all,no need replying you.You have been brainwashed big time,you don't think before posting,not your faults sha.Do you even know what articles of faith mr lamelliform head?
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by alexis(m): 6:19pm On May 16, 2013
lanrexlan: Ha,I was right.You can't reason at all,no need replying you.You have been brainwashed big time,you don't think before posting,not your faults sha.Do you even know what articles of faith mr lamelliform head?

Personal attacks when you can't debate properly. No surprise!
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Mintayo(m): 8:16pm On May 16, 2013
alexis:

Personal attacks when you can't debate properly. No surprise!

don't mind him...so ignorant so pathetic...smh
He needs salvation!
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by lanrexlan(m): 9:10pm On May 16, 2013
Mintayo:

don't mind him...so ignorant so pathetic...smh
He needs salvation!
Lolz,bird of a father.Two confused souls,mintayo changing the words of jesus(pbuh).Jesus said 'why did you call me good'.Most christians I had a dialogue with admit this,but mr mintayo said jesus meant the other way round,mintayo said he meant good deeds won't take the man to heaven.Jesus said 'keep the commandments'.Brother mintayo said keeping the commandments won't take you to heaven.Changing words to suite your claims,confused and ignorant people....Peace

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Nobody: 11:25pm On May 16, 2013
Hey, abt d ten commandmaents; is it God's law or Moses' undecided
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Mintayo(m): 1:58am On May 17, 2013
lanrexlan: Lolz,bird of a father.Two confused souls,mintayo changing the words of jesus(pbuh).Jesus said 'why did you call me good'.Most christians I had a dialogue with admit this,but mr mintayo said jesus meant the other way round,mintayo said he meant good deeds won't take the man to heaven.Jesus said 'keep the commandments'.Brother mintayo said keeping the commandments won't take you to heaven.Changing words to suite your claims,confused and ignorant people....Peace

u are d one confuse here...again the commandment won't take u to heaven...it is been born-again; being born of the spirit and water(the word)!
Now, d rich man said 'good teacher'- he called Jesus good teacher and Jesus corrected Him!
And he asked,what shall i do to have eternal life...Jesus told him to obey d commandments but he said he has been doing that...THEN JESUS TOLD HIM TO SELL ALL HIS BELONGING AND GIVE THEM TO THE POOR AND FOLLOW HIM-note the word-"follow me"- but d man cldn't-HE THOUGHT GOOD DEEDS AND OBEYING THE COMMANDMENTs ALONE(of which he has nt been obeying) WILL TAKE HIM TO HEAVEN BUT NO,IT WON'T!
(pls read d whole chapter dnt pick verses dt suits ur LIES!)
John 3:16
For God so loved the world,that He gave His only begotten Son; Whosoever believe in Him,will not perish but have everasting life!

If u want a better understanding read d book of romans!
Jesus said in John 5:39-40.
You search the scriptures because you think they give you eternal life. But the scriptures points to me!
40. Yet you refused to come to me to recieve this Life.

We are saved and redeemed because of the finished work of Jesus Christ!
You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free!
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by alexis(m): 5:31am On May 17, 2013
Mintayo:

u are d one confuse here...again the commandment won't take u to heaven...it is been born-again; being born of the spirit and water(the word)!
Now, d rich man said 'good teacher'- he called Jesus good teacher and Jesus corrected Him!
And he asked,what shall i do to have eternal life...Jesus told him to obey d commandments but he said he has been doing that...THEN JESUS TOLD HIM TO SELL ALL HIS BELONGING AND GIVE THEM TO THE POOR AND FOLLOW HIM-note the word-"follow me"- but d man cldn't-HE THOUGHT GOOD DEEDS AND OBEYING THE COMMANDMENTs ALONE(of which he has nt been obeying) WILL TAKE HIM TO HEAVEN BUT NO,IT WON'T!
For God so loved the world,that He gave His only begotten Son; Whosoever believe in Him,will not perish but have everasting life!

You search the scriptures because you think they give you eternal life. But the scriptures points to me!

They believe it's their deeds that will take them to heaven. I wonder is it the heaven with the 72 virgins? smiley. Christians are no more under the law, we are under grace. Typical example was when the adulterous woman was to be stoned (the law said if you commit adultery, the punishment is death by stoning). What did Jesus say - if you have never done any wrong, stone her (Grace - forgiveness). This is the teaching of our Lord Jesus Christ. Perhaps Mohammed and Allah could learn from that
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by tintingz(m): 5:52am On May 17, 2013
Hehehe grin confused christians... I always said it that the OT God is different from the NT God grin and this is the dirty work of paul/saul

1. Did Jesus abolished the law before him?

2. Who wrote the commandments given to Moses... God himself or Moses?

Confused trinitarian... grin

Larexlan i hail thee o, well done smiley

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by tintingz(m): 5:58am On May 17, 2013
alexis:

They believe it's their deeds that will take them to heaven. I wonder is it the heaven with the 72 virgins? smiley. Christians are no more under the law, we are under grace. Typical example was when the adulterous woman was to be stoned (the law said if you commit adultery, the punishment is death by stoning). What did Jesus say - if you have never done any wrong, stone her (Grace - forgiveness). This is the teaching of our Lord Jesus Christ. Perhaps Mohammed and Allah could learn from that
Jesus asked them simple question... What if non of them have never done wrong before, what would have happen next... grin grin
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by alexis(m): 5:58am On May 17, 2013
tintingz: Hehehe grin confused christians... I always said it that the OT God is different from the NT God grin and this is the dirty work of paul/saul

1. Did Jesus abolished the law before him?

2. Who wrote the commandments given to Moses... God himself or Moses?

Confused trinitarian... grin

Larexlan i hail thee o, well done smiley

With all Christians "confusion" as you claim - they still UNDERSTAND that they should live at peace with ALL men. With all the "clarity" in your Quran - una no fit live in peace with others smiley. Go figure!

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by tintingz(m): 6:02am On May 17, 2013
alexis:

With all Christians "confusion" as you claim - they still UNDERSTAND that they should live at peace with ALL men. With all the "clarity" in your Quran - una no fit live in peace with others smiley. Go figure!

Here is a video showing a muslim Syrian rebel cutting out and eating the heart of a government soldier. In the process - he was shouting Allah is Great.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/14/world/meast/syria-eaten-heart/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
you forgot your brothers slogan? ''Jesus killed Mohammed'' after muslims are got killed grin grin
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by alexis(m): 6:07am On May 17, 2013
tintingz: you forgot your brothers slogan? ''Jesus killed Mohammed'' after muslims are got killed grin grin

Oga, na your brothers dey chop up each other in Syria and eat each others heart. I thought Mohammed said Muslims shouldn't kill each other and one another. Can't you live in peave among yourselves?
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by alexis(m): 6:10am On May 17, 2013
Again, your brothers try to BLOW up themselves at the US Embassy in Cairo.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/12/world/middleeast/egypt-arrests-3-in-plot-to-attack-cities-and-an-embassy.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=3&

Islam sure is peaceful Oh! Why didn't they go to the Saudi Embassy to blow it up? Or the Iranian embassy?

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by tintingz(m): 6:20am On May 17, 2013
^^ See what your christian brothers are doing...

grin grin

[img]http://www.bakelblog.com/.a/6a00d8341d299553ef01157082a94a970b-800wi[/img]

SUBHANNALLAH!! Prophet Mohammed(SAW) never showed these hatred for Jesus and Mary(PBUT)
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by alexis(m): 6:35am On May 17, 2013
tintingz: ^^ See what your christian brothers are doing...

SUBHANNALLAH!! Prophet Mohammed(SAW) never showed these hatred for Jesus and Mary(PBUT)

Hahahahaha - is that the best you can come up with?

See your brothers in Iraq killing thenselves - http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2013/05/201351616283747182.html

How can one muslim sleep at night when they blow up another muslim. Are Shias not muslims, are sunnis not muslims. WHY UNA DEY SLAUGHTER UNA SELVES?

Let me tell you what Mohammed did:

Surah 5:60 Say (O Muhammad to the people of the Scripture): "Shall I inform you of something worse than that, regarding the recompense from Allah: those (Jews) who incurred the Curse of Allah and His Wrath, those of whom (some) He transformed into monkeys and swines, those who worshipped Taghut (false deities); such are worse in rank (on the Day of Resurrection in the Hellfire), and far more astray from the Right Path."

"Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The last hour would not come unless the Muslims will fight against the Jews and the Muslims would kill them until the Jews would hide themselves behind a stone or a tree and a stone or a tree would say: Muslim, or the servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me; come and kill him; but the tree Gharqad would not say, for it is the tree of the Jews." -- Sahih Muslim 6985

Don't you read your Quran and Hadith?

2 Likes

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by lanrexlan(m): 6:35am On May 17, 2013
Mintayo:

Brother,If jesus is God in Human form as you claim,then you shouldn't have rejected the man calling him 'good',but he objected and said 'There's none but good except one(GOD).He denied his divinity there.'Follow him' doesn't change anything,ALLAH said in many places in the quran that obey ALLAH and obey his messenger.Jesus told the man to follow him doesn't signify that the man keeping the commandments won't take him to heaven.
Brother,the word 'BEGOTTEN' has been thrown out of the bible.If you read the revised standard version(RSV) of the bible,revised by more than 13 christians scholars of the highest eminence said this word 'BEGOTTEN' is a fabrication,a concoction and throw it out of the bible,but other sellers such king james version still retain the fabrication.Even jesus wasn't the only begotten son of your bible,david was also one(psalm 5;7)
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by alexis(m): 7:15am On May 17, 2013
lanrexlan: Brother,If jesus is God in Human form as you claim,then you shouldn't have rejected the man calling him 'good',but he objected and said 'There's none but good except one(GOD).He denied his divinity there.'Follow him' doesn't change anything,ALLAH said in many places in the quran that obey ALLAH and obey his messenger.Jesus told the man to follow him doesn't signify that the man keeping the commandments won't take him to heaven.
Brother,the word 'BEGOTTEN' has been thrown out of the bible.If you read the revised standard version(RSV) of the bible,revised by more than 13 christians scholars of the highest eminence said this word 'BEGOTTEN' is a fabrication,a concoction and throw it out of the bible,but other sellers such king james version still retain the fabrication.Even jesus wasn't the only begotten son of your bible,david was also one(psalm 5;7)

A man that twist his own Quran has become a scholar in Christianit[/b]y smiley Let ask you something - what is the meaning of begotten? While you are at it, read [b]Hebrews 11:17 for some insight

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by lanrexlan(m): 7:40am On May 17, 2013
alexis:

A man that twist his own Quran has become a scholar in Christianit[/b]y smiley Let ask you something - what is the meaning of begotten? While you are at it, read [b]Hebrews 11:17 for some insight
Who twist the quran? I never in any of my posts twist the quran,I tried to explain to you but it seems you don't understand,that's why you think I twisted it.
Begotten means to procreate,to generate offsprings,to originate[b]
alexis:

Who twist the quran? I never in any of my posts twist the quran,I tried to explain to you but it seems you don't understand,that's why you think I twisted it.
Begotten means to procreate,to generate offsprings,to originate[/b]
alexis:

Begotten means to procreate,to generate offsprings,to originate
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by alexis(m): 8:21am On May 17, 2013
lanrexlan: Who twist the quran? I never in any of my posts twist the quran,I tried to explain to you but it seems you don't understand,that's why you think I twisted it.
Begotten means to procreate,to generate offsprings,to originate[b]

Dude - read your explanation about who was the 1st muslim and the number of days the world was created in the Quran. Then compare it with what the Quran said. After that - come back and tell me who gave meaning to what.

Thank you for the meaning of Begotton, I see you emphasized on the procreation part of the word. Even though you are right, the context of the word can be used as "Bring into Existence", "Give Rise to", "Bring About". These are all legitimate English meanings of the word - Begotton - You agree?

The phrase "only begotten" translates the Greek word monogenes. This word is variously translated into English as "only," "one and only," and "only begotten." So what does monogenes mean? According to the Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature (BAGD, 3rd Edition), monogenes has two primary definitions

1. The first definition is "pertaining to being the only one of its kind within a specific relationship" This is the meaning attached to its use in Hebrews 11:17 when the writer refers to Isaac as Abraham's "only begotten son." Abraham had more than one son, but Isaac was the only son he had by Sarah and the only son of the covenant.

2. The second definition is "pertaining to being the only one of its kind or class, unique in kind." This is the meaning that is implied in John 3:16. In fact, John is the only New Testament writer who uses this word in reference to Jesus (see John 1:14, 18; 3:16, 18; 1 John 4:9). John was primarily concerned with demonstrating that Jesus was the Son of God (John 20:31), and he uses this word to highlight Jesus as uniquely God's Son—sharing the same divine nature as God—as opposed to believers who are God's sons and daughters through faith.

So, stop trying to disprove Jesus status. These are simple facts your prophet couldn't understand. I don't blame him - he was an illiterate. You on the other hand you appear to be educated but RESOLVED to follow an illiterate. Now, aint that something smiley

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by lanrexlan(m): 9:21am On May 17, 2013
alexis:

Dude - read your explanation about who was the 1st muslim and the number of days the world was created in the Quran. Then compare it with what the Quran said. After that - come back and tell me who gave meaning to what.

Thank you for the meaning of Begotton, I see you emphasized on the procreation part of the word. Even though you are right, the context of the word can be used as "Bring into Existence", "Give Rise to", "Bring About". These are all legitimate English meanings of the word - Begotton - You agree?

The phrase "only begotten" translates the Greek word monogenes. This word is variously translated into English as "only," "one and only," and "only begotten." So what does monogenes mean? According to the Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature (BAGD, 3rd Edition), monogenes has two primary definitions

1. The first definition is "pertaining to being the only one of its kind within a specific relationship" This is the meaning attached to its use in Hebrews 11:17 when the writer refers to Isaac as Abraham's "only begotten son." Abraham had more than one son, but Isaac was the only son he had by Sarah and the only son of the covenant.

2. The second definition is "pertaining to being the only one of its kind or class, unique in kind." This is the meaning that is implied in John 3:16. In fact, John is the only New Testament writer who uses this word in reference to Jesus (see John 1:14, 18; 3:16, 18; 1 John 4:9). John was primarily concerned with demonstrating that Jesus was the Son of God (John 20:31), and he uses this word to highlight Jesus as uniquely God's Son—sharing the same divine nature as God—as opposed to believers who are God's sons and daughters through faith.

So,stop trying to disprove Jesus status. These are simple facts your prophet couldn't understand. I don't blame him - he was an illiterate. You on the other hand you appear to be educated but RESOLVED to follow an illiterate. Now, aint that something smiley
Dude,you haven't answer the question,you just give it a try.Why did these christian scholars of the highest eminence throw out the word 'Begotten' from the bible? Read the revised standard version yourself.I wasn't the one that revised the bible,these people did and they agreed begotten is a fabrication,a concoction.They removed that word,aren't they knowledgeable more than you? Secondly,what group of your explanations does david falls into? He was also a begotten son of God(Psalms 2;7),second I think.Should I tell other GOD's first borns in your bible?
I'm not disputing,it's the bible that's saying different things about Him....Peace
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by alexis(m): 9:34am On May 17, 2013
lanrexlan: Dude,you haven't answer the question,you just give it a try.Why did these christian scholars of the highest eminence throw out the word 'Begotten' from the bible? Read the revised standard version yourself.I wasn't the one that revised the bible,these people did and they agreed begotten is a fabrication,a concoction.They removed that word,aren't they knowledgeable more than you? Secondly,what group of your explanations does david falls into? He was also a begotten son of God(Psalms 2;7),second I think.Should I tell other GOD's first borns in your bible?
I'm not disputing,it's the bible that's saying different things about Him....Peace

So, you by-passed everything I wrote to you and ignored it abi? That proves you concur - no yawa!.

I have explained to you the meaning of "Only Begotton". If the word is absent from one translation and present in another one - Does that make it false? For example - "Only Begotten" is in KJV and the "Only Son" is in NIV. Those that mean they are different - NO!.

The Quran has been translated by many muslims scholars, Yusuf Ali, the kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Even though the words in several Qurans are not the SAME in most Qurans, the theme is the same.

So, you have no point. - smiley

In regards david - David is/was NOT "THE ONE AND ONLY" OR "ONLY BEGOTTEN OF GOD". Only Jesus Christ is smiley
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by lanrexlan(m): 9:54am On May 17, 2013
alexis:

So, you by-passed everything I wrote to you and ignored it abi? That proves you concur - no yawa!.

I have explained to you the meaning of "Only Begotton". If the word is absent from one translation and present in another one - Does that make it false? For example - "Only Begotten" is in KJV and the "Only Son" is in NIV. Those that mean they are different - NO!.

The Quran has been translated by many muslims scholars, Yusuf Ali, the kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Even though the words in several Qurans are not the SAME in most Qurans, the theme is the same.

So, you have no point. - smiley

In regards david - David is/was NOT "THE ONE AND ONLY" OR "ONLY BEGOTTEN OF GOD". Only Jesus Christ is smiley
I never concur to baseless points and lies.These scholars said this word 'begotten' has no basis in the hebrew bible that it was a fabrication by some people,this has nothing to with translations of the bible.The arabic quran is the same throughout the world,no difference.Only translations may be different through the usage of words.That's why you will always see the arabic quran along with its translation.
If jesus was GOD's one and only begotten son,there shouldn't be any other person called Begotten son,but david was called that.We may have sons of God as you explained,but not any other begotten son if jesus was to be one and only.Hope you understand the meaning of 'one and only'?.....Peace
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by alexis(m): 10:08am On May 17, 2013
lanrexlan: I never concur to baseless points and lies.These scholars said this word 'begotten' has no basis in the hebrew bible that it was a fabrication by some people,this has nothing to with translations of the bible.The arabic quran is the same throughout the world,no difference.Only translations may be different through the usage of words.That's why you will always see the arabic quran along with its translation.
If jesus was GOD's one and only begotten son,there shouldn't be any other person called Begotten son,but david was called that.We may have sons of God as you explained,but not any other begotten son if jesus was to be one and only.Hope you understand the meaning of 'one and only'?.....Peace

These scholars huh - lol smiley. So, when it comes to supporting your baseless points - YOU BELIEVE IN THE BIBLE. Later, when we talk about Christ deity, you deny the Bible and say it is corrupt - Omo you are funny.

Again, begotten is a translation - it simply means "ONE AND ONLY ONE". So, if the word "Begotten" is in KJV and is not in NIV doesn't make it any less different. Both concur that Jesus is the ONE & ONLY SON of GOD.

Omo, your Quran falls under the same rules - once an original word is translated to another language - you have to understand the genesis of the word. So, your Quran is no different. Your first Caliph burnt the first Qurans that was in circulation - Yusuf Ali Quran is heavily commented, with comments inserted between the Surahs and not even in the foot-notes.

So, you have no point mate. When you read a book - you are reading what the AUTHOR believes - not what a scholar tells you.

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by lanrexlan(m): 10:36am On May 17, 2013
alexis:

These scholars huh - lol smiley. So, when it comes to supporting your baseless points - YOU BELIEVE IN THE BIBLE. Later, when we talk about Christ deity, you deny the Bible and say it is corrupt - Omo you are funny.

Again, begotten is a translation - it simply means "ONE AND ONLY ONE". So, if the word "Begotten" is in KJV and is not in NIV doesn't make it any less different. Both concur that Jesus is the ONE & ONLY SON of GOD.

Omo, your Quran falls under the same rules - once an original word is translated to another language - you have to understand the genesis of the word. So, your Quran is no different. Your first Caliph burnt the first Qurans that was in circulation - Yusuf Ali Quran is heavily commented, with comments inserted between the Surahs and not even in the foot-notes.

So, you have no point mate. When you read a book - you are reading what the AUTHOR believes - not what a scholar tells you.
Brother,If KJV and NIV concur jesus is one and only one son,they also concur david is one and only one son.The same word 'begotten' was used in both cases.You have no point bro.The quran is one,the arabic is the same.Where's your proof that the first calipha of Islam burnt all the quran in existence then?
Now you agreed we must look at the root of words when translating to another language when trying to prove your begotten,but you never agreed with the word 'summa' when I was proving the creation of the universe.Why the bias mind?.Provide the hebrew bible or greek bible then..........Peace
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by alexis(m): 10:40am On May 17, 2013
lanrexlan: Brother,If KJV and NIV concur jesus is one and only one son,they also concur david is one and only one son.The same word 'begotten' was used in both cases.You have no point bro.The quran is one,the arabic is the same.Where's your proof that the first calipha of Islam burnt all the quran in existence then?
Now you agreed we must look at the root of words when translating to another language when trying to prove your begotten,but you never agreed with the word 'summa' when I was proving the creation of the universe.Why the bias mind?.Provide the hebrew bible or greek bible then..........Peace

Please show me where it said David is the ONLY BEGOTTON SON OF GOD
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by ckkris: 10:49am On May 17, 2013
alexis:

May not be found amywhere. These moslems can lie anyhow, just to defend their foolish imitatiom of Judaism.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by lanrexlan(m): 10:51am On May 17, 2013
alexis:

I never in any posts said david was the only begotten son fo God.You said ''BEGOTTEN IS A TRANSLATION AND IT SIMPLY MEANS ONE AND ONLY ONE''.Then I said the same word 'begotten' was used for david in psalms 2;7,if your begotten means the above for jesus christ,then it applies to both jesus and david.....Peace
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by alexis(m): 10:58am On May 17, 2013
lanrexlan: I never in any posts said david was the only begotten son fo God.You said ''BEGOTTEN IS A TRANSLATION AND IT SIMPLY MEANS ONE AND ONLY ONE''.Then I said the same word 'begotten' was used for david in psalms 2;7,if your begotten means the above for jesus christ,then it applies to both jesus and david.....Peace

Here are your words:

Your comment above clearly suggest that you said DAVID WAS ALSO CALLED THE ONLY BEGOTTON OF GOD. Please tell us where you got that from in the Bible.

Psalms 2:7 said David was begotton of God - it never said he is the ONLY BEGOTTON of GOD.

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Mintayo(m): 11:11am On May 17, 2013
[quote author=]The quran is one,the arabic is the same.Where's your proof that the first calipha of Islam burnt all the quran in existence then?
Now you agreed we must look at the root of words when translating to another language when trying to prove your begotten,but you never agreed with the word 'summa' when I was proving the creation of the universe.Why the bias mind?.Provide the hebrew bible or greek bible then..........Peace[/quote]

you are a funny dude(i believe d truth is hitting u)...but i know what u are thinking-just like other muslims-they have issues with Jesus being God cus that will place mohammed below Him...but of which he is...and He is going to be judged by JESUS-whether u believe it or not!

Concerning ur quran,from what u just said- d quran that was written or given to mohammed is d same quran that u ppl r using today?
Do u know that quran was not written or compiled by mohammed
Let us assume that d arabic quran is d only and original quran; and dis quran l b re-written(or mayb photocopied) in arabic in order for it 2b in circulation? True?
So are u saying dt while re-writing it in arabic,wnt there b mistakes? Are dis writers gods?
I am sure u knw dt arabic is a very difficult language to understand,translate and even write
I v watched many arabic countries having conference and interestingly they hardly talk in arabic but English...bcus they differ in "interpretation"!

Now let me tell u something else(i doubt if u l believe dt); during d days of mohammed-d writing materials den were ink and feather, on a slate, true?

Now assuming u r writing wit ink n feather to write-looking at d difficulty in writing in arabic-obviously der l b mistake wen dey r writing(d quran),and dis ink has no eraser and also d issue of drying Also when writing ur hand or palm l b rubbing what u r writing(since it is ink and it is on a slate),dis may cause alot of difficulty 2d writer,den what?
So what happened to d mistakes made? I knw u wnt agree...but it is d truth!

Do u knw dt 'surah' also means 'fence'?
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by alexis(m): 11:21am On May 17, 2013
lanrexlan: I never in any posts said david was the only begotten son fo God.You said ''BEGOTTEN IS A TRANSLATION AND IT SIMPLY MEANS ONE AND ONLY ONE''.Then I said the same word 'begotten' was used for david in psalms 2;7,if your begotten means the above for jesus christ,then it applies to both jesus and david.....Peace

Oga, we are not in an English class - neither are we trying to comprehend semantics. John 3:16 and Psalms 2:7 are talking about two different characters and the relationship God has with each

JESUS - ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD OR ONE AND ONLY SON OF GOD
DAVID - BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD OR SON OF GOD
ALEXIS - BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD OR SON OF GOD

If you are confuse, take the KJV and NIV version. It will make it clear to you.

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Nobody: 11:37am On May 17, 2013
mr muslims, we all agree that mohammed is dead and his bones have rottened. We all agree that david is dead and his bones are rotten. Same with adam, abraham, isaac, jacob, peter and so on. But please accordin to islam wer is jesus now?
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by lanrexlan(m): 2:36pm On May 17, 2013
alexis:

Oga, we are not in an English class - neither are we trying to comprehend semantics. John 3:16 and Psalms 2:7 are talking about two different characters and the relationship God has with each

JESUS - ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD OR ONE AND ONLY SON OF GOD
DAVID - BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD OR SON OF GOD
ALEXIS - BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD OR SON OF GOD

If you are confuse, take the KJV and NIV version. It will make it clear to you.
So Brother,you are also a 'begotten son' now?? See your words

as opposed to believers who are God's sons and
daughters through faith
Don't misuse that word 'begotten' bro,my question is very straightforward,if Jesus is ONE AND ONLY BEGOTTEN SON,then the word BEGOTTEN shouldn't be used for any other person again in the bible.But God said HE BEGOT DAVID,meaning david is also a begotten son.That's a contradiction then.....Peace

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (40)

Alhamdulillah...i Sighted The Crescent Moon (pics) / Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding / Belgium: Woman Assists More Than 1000 Become Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.