Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam - Islam for Muslims (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam (36709 Views)

3 Things You Love About Islam / Muslims Can I Ask You Some Questions? / Today's Muslims Can Never Obey Allah? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (40) (Go Down)

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by lanrexlan(m): 7:06am On Jun 05, 2013
alexis:

God becoming one of His creations shows HIS OMNIPOTENCE. Muslims believe Jesus was a mighty prophet? Did he sin? If a "mortal" man is capable of not sinning - why do you suggest God becoming man means He will sin.
Where's your proof that Jesus didn't commit sins? Why do you also think God can become a man?

That is one of one the reasons Jesus wasn't born of man - everyone of us that is a biological product of another human being has SINNED. Jesus didn't smiley
God made him and his mother a sign to the whole of mankind,that God can creates anything he wills.Adam(pbuh) never had a mother nor a father,didn't he commits sins?

That is the problem muslims have - how can you relate to a God that you can't describe? The Bible said - "In the beginning, God created man and He created us in HIS IMAGE". So, you may not know what Allah looks like or you can't compare him with anything - too bad for you. But I know what my God looks like for I was created in His image smiley
Lolz,funny dude.God has two eyes like you and two ears like you? If God has two ears,how can He hears all the people's prayers? Do you know the maximum frequency the ear can bear? Don't tell God senses are above ours now because God is in your image and has the same thing you have,you are confused.. Didn’t Jesus clearly say that people have never seen God,as it says in John 5:37:"And the father himself which Has sent me,has borne witness of me.You have NEITHER HEARD HIS VOICE AT ANY TIME NOR SEEN HIS SHAPE"? But you are claiming humans are in his image,then if you see a man you have seen the shape of God? Glorify and exalted is my Lord,far above all the evils they associate with Him.There's none comparable to my creator,not in a billion or trillion or any times bigger than that....Peace
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by alexis(m): 7:18am On Jun 05, 2013
Where's your proof that Jesus didn't commit sins? Why do you also think God can become a man?

The burden of proof lay with you, not me. Prove he committed sin.

God made him and his mother a sign to the whole of mankind,that God can creates anything he wills.Adam(pbuh) never had a mother nor a father,didn't he commits sins?

Jesus wasn't born of a man. Everyone that was born of a man commits SIN, Jesus didn't. He had a mother, a virgin mother and no human biological father.

Lolz,funny dude.God has two eyes like you and two ears like you? If God has two ears,how can He hears all the people's prayers? Do you know the maximum frequency the ear can bear? Don't tell God senses are above ours now because God is in your image and has the same thing you have,you are confused.. Didn’t Jesus clearly say that people have never seen God,as it says in John 5:37:"And the father himself which Has sent me,has borne witness of me.You have NEITHER HEARD HIS VOICE AT ANY TIME NOR SEEN HIS SHAPE"? But you are claiming humans are in his image,then if you see a man you have seen the shape of God? Glorify and exalted is my Lord,far above all the evils they associate with Him.There's none comparable to my creator,not in a billion or trillion or any times bigger than that....Peace

Let me ask you then - what is your description of God. It appears you are serving a God you don't know smiley. Jesus clearly describes God in the book of John:

Jon 14: 8 - 9 === Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? [size=15pt]he that hath seen me hath seen the Father[/size]; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

Genesis 1:26 === And God said, [size=15pt]Let us make man in our image, after our likeness[/size]: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

I am made in the image and likeness of God. So, I know my God has two ears, two eyes, two legs, one mouth. It's you that don't have a description of your Allah. The Bible clearly describes God to me.

I am very interested in your description of Allah. Does he have hands and feet?

2 Likes

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by lanrexlan(m): 7:19am On Jun 05, 2013
alexis:

We have been over this multiple times smiley Christians believe in ONE GOD. I will say it again, Christians believe in ONE GOD. One more time - Christians believe in ONE GOD grin

Simple example, the concept of TIME comprises of the PAST, the PRESENT and the FUTURE. Would you say time is 3? While you can't wrap your head or REFUSE to believe the Christian Trinity (I don't expect you to); I am happy that you understand it enough to dispute it smiley
Mtcheew,I have forgotten that you have been really brainwashed with trinity syndrome,why don't you answer those questions above,writing rubbish after I dismantled all the rubbish you used to explain your stupid stuff.Time is three,is these three occurring at the same thing? We are in the present now,are we also in the future or past now? If Jesus was God in flesh,who was the God in heaven then? I don't expect you to reply than to be saying rubbish,I never comprehend a fabrication.....Peace
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by alexis(m): 7:22am On Jun 05, 2013
lanrexlan: Mtcheew,I have forgotten that you have been really brainwashed with trinity syndrome,why don't you answer those questions above,writing rubbish after I dismantled all the rubbish you used to explain your stupid stuff.Time is three,is these three occurring at the same thing? We are in the present now,are we also in the future or past now? If Jesus was God in flesh,who was the God in heaven then? I don't expect you to reply than to be saying rubbish,I never comprehend a fabrication.....Peace

It always amuses me when the concept of Trinity vexes muslims - I get a kick from it smiley. So now, you don't understand past, present and future because I am using it to describe the Trinity smiley Cha!

Whether you accept it or not, na your problem. As far as you understand to dispute it, is enough for me smiley

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by lanrexlan(m): 8:20am On Jun 05, 2013
alexis:

The burden of proof lay with you, not me. Prove he committed sin.

Jesus wasn't born of a man. Everyone that was born of a man commits SIN, Jesus didn't. He had a mother, a virgin mother and no human biological father.
Jesus broke the sabbath law by entering into a farm that doesn't belong him and picked grains(Gospel of Matthew 12;1-14)

Let me ask you then - what is your description of God. It appears you are serving a God you don't know smiley.
Surah Ikhlas 112;1-4-''Say;He is Allah,one and only.Allah the absolute the eternal,he begets not nor was he begotten and there's none comparable to Him''.
Jesus clearly describes God in the book of John:

Jon 14: 8 - 9 === Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? [size=15pt]he that hath seen me hath seen the Father[/size]; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?
Jesus clearly say that people have never seen God,as it says in John 5:37:"And the father himself which Has sent me,has borne witness of me. You have NEITHER HEARD HIS VOICE AT ANY TIME NOR SEEN HIS SHAPE"? Contradiction or you don't understand the bible.

Genesis 1:26 === And God said, [size=15pt]Let us make man in our image, after our likeness[/size]: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

I am made in the image and likeness of God. So, I know my God has two ears, two eyes, two legs, one mouth. It's you that don't have a description of your Allah. The Bible clearly describes God to me.
Shame on you,big shame on you,You ought to cover your face and start crying,and If people ask you why you are crying,tell them you have been brainwashed to the extent that you can't think on your own again.Do you know the maximum frequency the ear can bear? 1400Hz,so your God can also hear that?!!! God has two eyes,yet he manages the world affairs? Do you know human body need food to survive all these parts of the body,God also eats and drink? Seriously,you've got concentrated problems,even raised to the power of 15.I am not keen in explaining anything to you again,your reasoning is so low.At what age?

I am very interested in your description of Allah. Does he have hands and feet?
Even If I explain to you,you will never understand because you are a big goon,don't quote me again cos I won't reply your stupid ideas anymore.....Peace

3 Likes

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by alexis(m): 8:41am On Jun 05, 2013
Jesus broke the sabbath law by entering into a farm that doesn't belong him and picked grains(Gospel of Matthew 12;1-14)

Really, He did - no kidding. So, he sinned by healing a sick man on the Sabbath as well. He never killed anyone or robbed a caravan but he healed sick people on sundays and ate on sunday. SO THAT IS SIN ABI - IS THAT THE BEST YOU CAN COME UP WTH?

Surah Ikhlas 112;1-4-''Say;He is Allah,one and only.Allah the absolute the eternal,he begets not nor was he begotten and there's none comparable to Him''.

Then I ask you to continue to study your Quran and Hadith, it appears you missed an important point.

(Bukhari, 6.60.105) = Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri: During the lifetime of the Prophet some people said, : O Allah's Apostle! Shall we see our Lord on the Day of Resurrection?" The Prophet said, "Yes; do you have any difficulty in seeing the sun at midday when it is bright and there is no cloud in the sky?" They replied, "No." He said, "Do you have any difficulty in seeing the moon on a full moon night when it is bright and there is no cloud in the sky?" They replied, "No." The Prophet said, "(Similarly) you will have no difficulty in seeing ALLAH on the Day of Resurrection as you have no difficulty in seeing either of them. On the Day of Resurrection, a call-maker will announce, "Let every nation follow that which they used to worship." Then none of those who used to worship anything other than Allah like idols and other deities but will fall in Hell (Fire), till there will remain none but those who used to worship Allah, both those who were obedient (i.e. good) and those who were disobedient (i.e. bad) and the remaining party of the people of the Scripture. Then the Jews will be called upon and it will be said to them, 'Who do you use to worship?' They will say, 'We used to worship Ezra, the son of Allah.' It will be said to them, 'You are liars, for Allah has never taken anyone as a wife or a son. What do you want now?' They will say, 'O our Lord! We are thirsty, so give us something to drink.' They will be directed and addressed thus, 'Will you drink,' whereupon they will be gathered unto Hell (Fire) which will look like a mirage whose different sides will be destroying each other. Then they will fall into the Fire. Afterwards the Christians will be called upon and it will be said to them, 'Who do you use to worship?' They will say, 'We used to worship Jesus, the son of Allah.' It will be said to them, 'You are liars, for Allah has never taken anyone as a wife or a son,' Then it will be said to them, 'What do you want?' They will say what the former people have said. Then, when there remain (in the gathering) none but those who used to worship Allah (Alone, the real Lord of the Worlds) whether they were obedient or disobedient. [size=15pt]Then (Allah) the Lord of the worlds will come to them in a shape nearest to the picture they had in their minds about Him[/size]. It will be said, 'What are you waiting for?' Every nation have followed what they used to worship.' They will reply, 'We left the people in the world when we were in great need of them and we did not take them as friends. Now we are waiting for our Lord Whom we used to worship.' Allah will say, 'I am your Lord.' They will say twice or thrice, 'We do not worship any besides Allah.' "

Jesus clearly say that people have never seen God,as it says in John 5:37:"And the father himself which Has sent me,has borne witness of me. You have NEITHER HEARD HIS VOICE AT ANY TIME NOR SEEN HIS SHAPE"? Contradiction or you don't understand the bible.

You asked me to prove if God was described; I have. There is no contradiction. I want to explain John 5 for you but it will take too much space. However, if you insist, I definitely will

Shame on you,big shame on you,You ought to cover your face and start crying,and If people ask you why you are crying,tell them you have been brainwashed to the extent that you can't think on your own again.Do you know the maximum frequency the ear can bear? 1400Hz,so your God can also hear that?!!! God has two eyes,yet he manages the world affairs? Do you know human body need food to survive all these parts of the body,God also eats and drink? Seriously,you've got concentrated problems,even raised to the power of 15.I am not keen in explaining anything to you again,your reasoning is so low.At what age?

Why are you so lame. Did I claim God is bound by our human limitations? I said we are created in His image. I never said we are equal in power to him. Can't you use your brain and think. Can a baby run as fast as an adult? Doesn't the baby have two ears and two hands and legs just like a grown-up. Come on man, use your brain for once.

Even If I explain to you,you will never understand because you are a big goon,don't quote me again cos I won't reply your stupid ideas anymore.....Peace

Please indulge me smiley
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by tintingz(m): 8:50am On Jun 05, 2013
alexis:

Christians believe Jesus is God in the flesh. Wetin be your question?
[size=15pt]Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?[/size]

Maybe you should throw away that your bible and write yours so that the debate will make a lot of senses. smiley

3 Likes

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by alexis(m): 9:04am On Jun 05, 2013
tintingz: Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Maybe you should throw away that your bible and write yours so that the debate will a lot of senses. smiley

Oga, what is your point? Why not tell us where in the Bible that Mary was 9 before you jump off your horse and start talking about things you can't debate

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by olamkas: 7:50am On Jun 06, 2013
alexis:

You see, whenever you use the word [size=15pt]BUT[/size], it means you are contradicting yourself and don't agree with your previous statement. You said "There is nothing impossible for God". Yet you turned about and said "Even though he has ALL POWER, he is UNABLE to become one of his creations".

grin
You are making a fool of yourself.the fact that nothing is impossible for God doesn't mean that He will now drop any of His attribute.
He said their is non like Him in theheavens and on earth andyou still think he will come and still become a man like you,eat like you and shit like you.i swear,you are on plain error.i swearwith my life

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by alexis(m): 8:50am On Jun 06, 2013
olamkas:
You are making a fool of yourself.the fact that nothing is impossible for God doesn't mean that He will now drop any of His attribute.
He said their is non like Him in theheavens and on earth andyou still think he will come and still become a man like you,eat like you and shit like you.i swear,you are on plain error.i swearwith my life

Are you God to decide what He can and cannot do? You can swear with your eternity, that is your cup of tea. Of course there is none like God - no doubt about that. God does exist and there is a way to relate to him.

How do you relate to Allah? How do you see Him? Is He personal to you? You pray to him but do you communicate with him on a personal level. When you think of Allah, what comes to your mind, is there a shape or being? You should have a representation of God

2 Likes

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Proffdada: 12:49pm On Jun 06, 2013
alexis:

Are you God to decide what He can and cannot do? You can swear with your eternity, that is your cup of tea. Of course there is none like God - no doubt about that. God does exist and there is a way to relate to him.

How do you relate to Allah? How do you see Him? Is He personal to you? You pray to him but do you communicate with him on a personal level. When you think of Allah, what comes to your mind, is there a shape or being? You should have a representation of God
There's always a shape in there minds,a big black box in saudi arabia which they bow to,and in the same proximity they throw stones at the devil grin

2 Likes

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by olamkas: 3:13pm On Jun 06, 2013
alexis:

We have been over this multiple times smiley Christians believe in ONE GOD. I will say it again, Christians believe in ONE GOD. One more time - Christians believe in ONE GOD grin

Simple example, the concept of TIME comprises of the PAST, the PRESENT and the FUTURE. Would you say time is 3? While you can't wrap your head or REFUSE to believe the Christian Trinity (I don't expect you to); I am happy that you understand it enough to dispute it smiley
i swear, there is no analogy you can use that will butress your 3nity.
time you use again.we have present, past and future time.can you have the three at once?
NO!the moment you are is your present while the one you've used is your past time.the one that is yet to come is your future.can you have it all at a go?
tghen what you are telling us is that the three gods does not exist concurrently.one at a time.
why not drop trinity and hold on to monotheism...an advice
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Mintayo(m): 4:37pm On Jun 06, 2013
olamkas:
i swear, there is no analogy you can use that will butress your 3nity.
time you use again.we have present, past and future time.can you have the three at once?
NO!the moment you are is your present while the one you've used is your past time.the one that is yet to come is your future.can you have it all at a go?
tghen what you are telling us is that the three gods does not exist concurrently.one at a time.
why not drop trinity and hold on to monotheism...an advice

ofcourse u dnt expect u to understand,its quite beyond ur reasoning now...'the things of God is foolishness to them that perish'!

But atleast you knw that you, as a man is made up of the 'SPIRIT, SOUL and BODY' and yet you are not three men! Or did ur allah say otherwise?
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by olamkas: 5:34pm On Jun 06, 2013
alexis:

It always amuses me when the concept of Trinity vexes muslims - I get a kick from it smiley. So now, you don't understand past, present and future because I am using it to describe the Trinity smiley Cha!

Whether you accept it or not, na your problem. As far as you understand to dispute it, is enough for me :
friend,I swear it again,there's nothing you can use to describe or justify your trinity.it is FALSE. No where to be found in the holy books.
i don't even know who originated this evil ideology
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by olamkas: 5:49pm On Jun 06, 2013
alexis:

Really, He did - no kidding. So, he sinned by healing a sick man on the Sabbath as well. He never killed anyone or robbed a caravan but he healed sick people on sundays and ate on sunday. SO THAT IS SIN ABI - IS THAT THE BEST YOU CAN COME UP WTH?

Then I ask you to continue to study your Quran and Hadith, it appears you missed an important point.

(Bukhari, 6.60.105) = Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri: During the lifetime of the Prophet some people said, : O Allah's Apostle! Shall we see our Lord on the Day of Resurrection?" The Prophet said, "Yes; do you have any difficulty in seeing the sun at midday when it is bright and there is no cloud in the sky?" They replied, "No." He said, "Do you have any difficulty in seeing the moon on a full moon night when it is bright and there is no cloud in the sky?" They replied, "No." The Prophet said, "(Similarly) you will have no difficulty in seeing ALLAH on the Day of Resurrection as you have no difficulty in seeing either of them. On the Day of Resurrection, a call-maker will announce, "Let every nation follow that which they used to worship." Then none of those who used to worship anything other than Allah like idols and other deities but will fall in Hell (Fire), till there will remain none but those who used to worship Allah, both those who were obedient (i.e. good) and those who were disobedient (i.e. bad) and the remaining party of the people of the Scripture. Then the Jews will be called upon and it will be said to them, 'Who do you use to worship?' They will say, 'We used to worship Ezra, the son of Allah.' It will be said to them, 'You are liars, for Allah has never taken anyone as a wife or a son. What do you want now?' They will say, 'O our Lord! We are thirsty, so give us something to drink.' They will be directed and addressed thus, 'Will you drink,' whereupon they will be gathered unto Hell (Fire) which will look like a mirage whose different sides will be destroying each other. Then they will fall into the Fire. Afterwards the Christians will be called upon and it will be said to them, 'Who do you use to worship?' They will say, 'We used to worship Jesus, the son of Allah.' It will be said to them, 'You are liars, for Allah has never taken anyone as a wife or a son,' Then it will be said to them, 'What do you want?' They will say what the former people have said. Then, when there remain (in the gathering) none but those who used to worship Allah (Alone, the real Lord of the Worlds) whether they were obedient or disobedient. [size=15pt]Then (Allah) the Lord of the worlds will come to them in a shape nearest to the picture they had in their minds about Him[/size]. It will be said, 'What are you waiting for?' Every nation have followed what they used to worship.' They will reply, 'We left the people in the world when we were in great need of them and we did not take them as friends. Now we are waiting for our Lord Whom we used to worship.' Allah will say, 'I am your Lord.' They will say twice or thrice, 'We do not worship any besides Allah.' "

You asked me to prove if God was described; I have. There is no contradiction. I want to explain John 5 for you but it will take too much space. However, if you insist, I definitely will

Why are you so lame. Did I claim God is bound by our human limitations? I said we are created in His image. I never said we are equal in power to him. Can't you use your brain and think. Can a baby run as fast as an adult? Doesn't the baby have two ears and two hands and legs just like a grown-up. Come on man, use your brain for once.

Please indulge me smiley
so you believed the hadith right?did you not read the aspect which says ''Afterwards the Christians will be called upon and it will be said to them, 'Who do you use to worship?' They will say, 'We used to worship Jesus, the son of Allah.' It will be said to them, 'You are liars, for Allah has never taken anyone as a wife or a son,' Then it will be said to them, 'What do you want?' They will say what the former people have said...''
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by lanrexlan(m): 7:52pm On Jun 06, 2013
olamkas:
so you believed the hadith right?did you not read the aspect which says ''Afterwards the Christians will be called upon and it will be said to them, 'Who do you use to worship?' They will say, 'We used to worship Jesus, the son of Allah.' It will be said to them, 'You are liars, for Allah has never taken anyone as a wife or a son,' Then it will be said to them, 'What do you want?' They will say what the former people have said...''
Brother olamkas,don't waste your time with him jare.The place he painted red isn't in the hadith,he decided to add his own words,I am pleading with you bro,don't waste your precious time with him..........Peace

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by tintingz(m): 10:07pm On Jun 06, 2013
Mintayo:

ofcourse u dnt expect u to understand,its quite beyond ur reasoning now...'the things of God is foolishness to them that perish'!

But atleast you knw that you, as a man is made up of the 'SPIRIT, SOUL and BODY' and yet you are not three men! Or did ur allah say otherwise?
Tell that to your brothaz(jehova withness) that uses same bible with you... trinity is idolatery to them and Jesus is not God in their bible grin
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Nobody: 2:46am On Jun 07, 2013
tintingz: Tell that to your brothaz(jehova withness) that uses same bible with you... trinity is idolatery to them and Jesus is not God in their bible grin

there is alot u dnt knw abt Jehovah witness!

Why not answer His question? What do u say abt yourself? Are u three since u r made up of the spirit ,soul and body?
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by alexis(m): 9:02am On Jun 07, 2013
blenble:

there is alot u dnt knw abt Jehovah witness!

Why not answer His question? What do u say abt yourself? Are u three since u r made up of the spirit ,soul and body?

tintingz is all over the place. If you take him serious, you are wasting your time.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by maclatunji: 12:01am On Jun 14, 2013
alexis:

Classic failure here. God exists but his attributes are unique. You cannot have a 'representation' of God.

Stop trying to transfer Christian dogma to Islam.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by alexis(m): 6:36am On Jun 14, 2013
maclatunji:

Classic failure here. God exists but his attributes are unique. You cannot have a 'representation' of God.

Stop trying to transfer Christian dogma to Islam.

Then you need to read your holy text because it dis-arms your argument. You are famous for speaking without research from your very own holy writs. Here is your Hadith:

(Bukhari, 6.60.105) = Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri: During the lifetime of the Prophet some people said, : O Allah's Apostle! Shall we see our Lord on the Day of Resurrection?" The Prophet said, "Yes; do you have any difficulty in seeing the sun at midday when it is bright and there is no cloud in the sky?" They replied, "No." He said, "Do you have any difficulty in seeing the moon on a full moon night when it is bright and there is no cloud in the sky?" They replied, "No." The Prophet said, "(Similarly) you will have no difficulty in seeing Allah on the Day of Resurrection as you have no difficulty in seeing either of them. On the Day of Resurrection, a call-maker will announce, "Let every nation follow that which they used to worship." Then none of those who used to worship anything other than Allah like idols and other deities but will fall in Hell (Fire), till there will remain none but those who used to worship Allah, both those who were obedient (i.e. good) and those who were disobedient (i.e. bad) and the remaining party of the people of the Scripture. Then the Jews will be called upon and it will be said to them, 'Who do you use to worship?' They will say, 'We used to worship Ezra, the son of Allah.' It will be said to them, 'You are liars, for Allah has never taken anyone as a wife or a son. What do you want now?' They will say, 'O our Lord! We are thirsty, so give us something to drink.' They will be directed and addressed thus, 'Will you drink,' whereupon they will be gathered unto Hell (Fire) which will look like a mirage whose different sides will be destroying each other. Then they will fall into the Fire. Afterwards the Christians will be called upon and it will be said to them, 'Who do you use to worship?' They will say, 'We used to worship Jesus, the son of Allah.' It will be said to them, 'You are liars, for Allah has never taken anyone as a wife or a son,' Then it will be said to them, 'What do you want?' They will say what the former people have said. Then, when there remain (in the gathering) none but those who used to worship Allah (Alone, the real Lord of the Worlds) whether they were obedient or disobedient. [size=15pt]Then (Allah) the Lord of the worlds will come to them in a shape nearest to the picture they had in their minds about Him[/size]. It will be said, 'What are you waiting for?' Every nation have followed what they used to worship.' They will reply, 'We left the people in the world when we were in great need of them and we did not take them as friends. Now we are waiting for our Lord Whom we used to worship.' Allah will say, 'I am your Lord.' They will say twice or thrice, 'We do not worship any besides Allah.' "

The Hadith clearly speaks about a representation of Allah in the minds of muslims. It's no Christian dogma as you claim.

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by maclatunji: 12:47pm On Jun 14, 2013
^Very simple, you are not allowed to form a image in your mind and say: "this is Allah". The hadith clearly states that seeing Allah on the day of resurrection will not be like what anybody can imagine even if they did. It is Christian dogma to form a picture and say: "Yup! This is how God looks".

This article addresses the point http://www.al-islam.org/allah/names/natureallah.htm

You quoted the hadith that speaks of the future- Day of Judgement. It is by no means an approval to start imagining and having "images" of Allah in your hearts on earth. On the day of Judgement, a lot of the rules will change. It is easy to quote Islamic literature. Understanding what you are quoting is a different matter.

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by deSika(m): 5:38pm On Jun 14, 2013
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by deSika(m): 5:39pm On Jun 14, 2013
alexis: [size=15pt]Then (Allah) the Lord of the worlds will come to them in a SHAPE NEAREST to the PICTURE they had in THIER MINDS ABOUT HIM [/size][/b].
maclatunji: you are not allowed to form a image in your mind
interesting.
maclatunji:
It is by no means an approval to start imagining and having "images" of Allah in your hearts on earth.
so can you tell the Muhammad who made that statement that the people he was talking to, whom Allah would appear to in a SHAPE NEAREST to the PICTURE they had in THIER MINDS ABOUT ALLAH that Mr Mac says they dont have approval from him (MAC) TO have a picture about Allah in thier minds.
maclatunji:
On the day of Judgement, a lot of the rules will change.
uhm like the rule for al taqiya. Or for ablutions. Is it you that will change the rules or your Allah, just asking.
maclatunji:
It is easy to quote Islamic literature. Understanding what you are quoting is a different matter.
are you trying to recommend that he should understand what is clearly written out as red to be green. I see

2 Likes

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by lanrexlan(m): 10:39pm On Jun 14, 2013
deSika:
interesting. so can you tell the Muhammad who made that statement that the people he was talking to
The place alexis highlighted is not in the hadith,he decided to add his own words.
whom Allah would appear to in a SHAPE NEAREST to the PICTURE they had in THIER MINDS ABOUT ALLAH that Mr Mac says they dont have approval from him (MAC) TO have a picture about Allah in thier minds.
Having a picture of Allah in one's mind isn't allowed in islam.It's shirk,for example If I had a picture of Allah with three heads(nausoubillah) and another person had a picture of Allah with 2heads(nausoubillah),how will Allah appear to us in a shape that we had in our mind? Different shapes? That means alexis is lieing,that part he highlighted isn't in the hadith.
uhm like the rule for al taqiya. Or for ablutions. Is it you that will change the rules or your Allah, just asking. are you trying to recommend that he should understand what is clearly written out as red to be green. I see
Learn about Islam with an open heart.....Peace

2 Likes

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Nobody: 6:33am On Jun 15, 2013
lanrexlan: The place alexis highlighted is not in the hadith,he decided to add his own words.
Having a picture of Allah in one's mind isn't allowed in islam.It's shirk,for example If I had a picture of Allah with three heads(nausoubillah) and another person had a picture of Allah with 2heads(nausoubillah),how will Allah appear to us in a shape that we had in our mind? Different shapes? That means alexis is lieing,that part he highlighted isn't in the hadith.

convince us by posting the correct hadith now.
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by alexis(m): 9:44am On Jun 15, 2013
maclatunji: ^Very simple, you are not allowed to form a image in your mind and say: "this is Allah". The hadith clearly states that seeing Allah on the day of resurrection will not be like what anybody can imagine even if they did. It is Christian dogma to form a picture and say: "Yup! This is how God looks".

This article addresses the point http://www.al-islam.org/allah/names/natureallah.htm

You quoted the hadith that speaks of the future- Day of Judgement. It is by no means an approval to start imagining and having "images" of Allah in your hearts on earth. On the day of Judgement, a lot of the rules will change. It is easy to quote Islamic literature. Understanding what you are quoting is a different matter.

See how you are shooting yourself in the foot. Whether in past of future tense, the Hadith makes it clear that at a muslim will have an image of who Allah is. That is, a muslim represents God in his mine as something, someone, whatever it is.

You are here trying cheaply to disown your own Holy Book
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by alexis(m): 9:45am On Jun 15, 2013
lanrexlan: The place alexis highlighted is not in the hadith,he decided to add his own words.

So, I am lying on the Hadith now? Do you want an online reference? The lengths some muslims will go to play pretend smiley
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by alexis(m): 10:01am On Jun 15, 2013
blenble:

convince us by posting the correct hadith now.

Ask him again oh!
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by maclatunji: 11:17am On Jun 15, 2013
alexis:

See how you are shooting yourself in the foot. Whether in past of future tense, the Hadith makes it clear that at a muslim will have an image of who Allah is. That is, a muslim represents God in his mine as something, someone, whatever it is.

You are here trying cheaply to disown your own Holy Book

Your ignorance is pathetic and laughable. Sahih Bukhari is an Holy Book? What will you tell us next? Moses (AS) is an angel? #LOL

1 Like

Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 15, 2013
maclatunji:

Your ignorance is pathetic and laughable. Sahih Bukhari is an Holy Book? What will you tell us next? Moses (AS) is an angel? #LOL

well,are u denying ur hadiths again?
Re: How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam by deSika(m): 5:28pm On Jun 15, 2013
lanrexlan: The place alexis highlighted is not in the hadith,he decided to add his own words. [size=15pt]
Having a picture of Allah in one's mind isn't allowed in islam.It's shirk,for example If I had a picture of Allah with three heads(nausoubillah) and another person had a picture of Allah with 2heads(nausoubillah),how will Allah appear to us in a shape that we had in our mind? Different shapes? [/size]
That means alexis is lieing,that part he highlighted isn't in the hadith.

what if what Alexis wrote is correct, what if that is exactly what is written in the hadith.
1. would you change your position and defend your Muhammad or Allah
2. or would you stick to the highlighted. and by so doing telling us that a. your hadiths and Muhammad just promoted shirk. b. that you know what is shirk but your Muhammad does not know, therefore you lanrexlan is wiser than your Muhammad.

its a challenge from me to you, will you take it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (40)

Is Applying Of Relaxer A Sin In Islam? / Ogun Prophet & His Sons Convert To Islam, Cut Off Their Dreadlocks (Photos) / Dangote Sultan Adamawa Converts British Woman, Delgado To Islam (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.