Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

''wait Until I Finish School'' - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / ''wait Until I Finish School'' (2736 Views)

Never Knew How Much I Care About My Girl Until I Tried To Cheat / Should Sex Really Wait Until Marriage. A Case For Both Sides. / Why Sex Should Wait Until Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

''wait Until I Finish School'' by isiegbe(m): 4:47am On Apr 17, 2013
Guys there is this girl my guy has dated for like three yrs now. They started dating befor she git her admission and now she is in her second year . the guy is talking abt settling down with her but the parents is saying that he shld wait until her final yr. Now my question is. is that a way of telling the guy date he shld go and make more money or that he is not capable or he shld go away ?
Re: ''wait Until I Finish School'' by stefanlover: 5:15am On Apr 17, 2013
isiegbe: Guys there is this girl my guy has dated for like three yrs now. They started dating befor she git her admission and now she is in her second year . the guy is talking abt settling down with her but the parents is saying that he shld wait until her final yr. Now my question is. is that a way of telling the guy date he shld go and make more money or that he is not capable or he shld go away ?

That is the way of telling the guy that our daughter can't make her own decisions and we are the one gonna make every decision for her even when she marry you. We are never gonna get off your nu..ts
Re: ''wait Until I Finish School'' by nichole2(f): 5:35am On Apr 17, 2013
No its normal. They don't want marriage to distract her focus , from school work , once a girl marries her priorities change. She has to think of the home , kids. , inlaws. Husband. Lots of tings dey want her to be matured enough , even my bro who wants to marrie a girl de parents said de same ting. U guys can be dating and courting. But no marriage. Until she's in final year , so try and understand and be supportive of ur. Gf

1 Like

Re: ''wait Until I Finish School'' by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 17, 2013
May be she is too young and her parents wants her to be matured enough to handle a home.
Give her some time
Re: ''wait Until I Finish School'' by dahmie2013: 9:28am On Apr 17, 2013
But I think that's a good advice if u ask me! 4 crying out loud, she's in 200L haba, 4get her age she needs to concentrate on her studies. Marriage comes with alot of responsibilities which if combined with her studies, it becomes a herculean task. She shud wait abeg!
Re: ''wait Until I Finish School'' by engrtee(f): 9:31am On Apr 17, 2013
I wil do the same to my daughter
Re: ''wait Until I Finish School'' by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 17, 2013
sad
engrtee: I wil do the same to my daughter
dat can as well be "suicide mission"..... as u might end up breakn their bond and MAYBE,ur daughter's heart wit ur own hands....SO,PLS WEIGH D CONSEQUENCES B4 U MK UR MOVE.
Re: ''wait Until I Finish School'' by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 17, 2013
Re: ''wait Until I Finish School'' by isiegbe(m): 6:53pm On Apr 18, 2013
some ppl say its another way some parents tell suitors that they don't want the guy as a son in law
Re: ''wait Until I Finish School'' by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 18, 2013
Any parent would be concerned about their child marrying in 2nd year.
Re: ''wait Until I Finish School'' by Nobody: 7:26pm On Apr 18, 2013
@OP
my problem with such statement is that: WHY DIDNT THE LADY IN QUESTION SAID THAT (instead of her parents)?!

did she forget her brain at home or didnt she stand and believe such statement?! if she did then why didnt SHE told the guy directly, instead of him wasting his damn time?
Re: ''wait Until I Finish School'' by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 18, 2013
How old is the girl in question?? As far as I'm concerned as long as she's under her parents, they have a say in such an important decision in her life.

That's what parents are there for, to guide us and help us make right decisions even when our young-dull minds can't.
The parents are making the right decision, I don't care if the girl in question supports it or not.

To answer your question op, does your friend have to be told before he knows to let her finish undergrad? There is no underlying message to it, they just want the best for their daughter.

Let her find her feet first before trying to complete a man. It's her parents duty to make sure she doesn't get married and become a liability to your friend.
Re: ''wait Until I Finish School'' by carlos1(m): 7:45am On Apr 19, 2013

Yeah! We knw ur daughter cannot make her own decisions. Do it to her please
Re: ''wait Until I Finish School'' by Nobody: 7:57am On Apr 19, 2013
r der nt many ready made gals dat av compltd nysc n desperately in need of husband na In such situatn is d parents dat even ask d gal sef "has no man proposed?" grin. My sister was a case study. Mor stil, d smal gal wudnt wnt to free u cos she's nt sure of who wil get serios wit her nxt time. Of cours her cosmates r stil playboys. What a bondage grin grin grin
Re: ''wait Until I Finish School'' by Nobody: 8:03am On Apr 19, 2013
Werro (wait in calabar ascent)

What if her parents say "wait til she complete nysc? Y nt jst complete d due process?" undecided

How many gals wud wait for a guy?

nedu213: r der nt many ready made gals dat av compltd nysc n desperately in need of husband na In such situatn is d parents dat even ask d gal sef "has no man proposed?" grin. My sister was a case study. Mor stil, d smal gal wudnt wnt to free u cos she's nt sure of who wil get serios wit her nxt time. Of cours her cosmates r stil playboys. What a bondage grin grin grin
Re: ''wait Until I Finish School'' by greedie1(f): 8:35am On Apr 19, 2013
he should wait jare..... 400l is a year away
Re: ''wait Until I Finish School'' by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 19, 2013
What if her parents say "wait til she complete nysc? First get a job?Y nt jst complete d due process?"

We both know d current situatn of job mkt in nigeria.

Der is time for everytin jare. Make she wait for her time n stop delayin a grown man. Marriage is for 2 ready adults.

Be realistic!
gree-die:
Re: ''wait Until I Finish School'' by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 19, 2013
Frm ur username u seem to be gree-diegringringrin

gree-die:
Re: ''wait Until I Finish School'' by greedie1(f): 11:41am On Apr 19, 2013
nedu213: What if her parents say "wait til she complete nysc? First get a job?Y nt jst complete d due process?"

We both know d current situatn of job mkt in nigeria.

Der is time for everytin jare. Make she wait for her time n stop delayin a grown man. Marriage is for 2 ready adults.

Be realistic!
undecided undecided undecided
Re: ''wait Until I Finish School'' by greedie1(f): 11:42am On Apr 19, 2013
nedu213: Frm ur username u seem to be gree-diegringringrin

grin grin grin
Re: ''wait Until I Finish School'' by chronique(m): 8:21pm On Apr 19, 2013
MRbrownJAY: @OP
my problem with such statement is that: WHY DIDNT THE LADY IN QUESTION SAID THAT (instead of her parents)?!

did she forget her brain at home or didnt she stand and believe such statement?! if she did then why didnt SHE told the guy directly, instead of him wasting his damn time?

Guy,cool down na. U be boko haram?
grin

1 Like

Re: ''wait Until I Finish School'' by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 19, 2013
^^ grin grin grin
Re: ''wait Until I Finish School'' by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 19, 2013
D guy don enta one chance. He shud wait cos he consented to it.
Re: ''wait Until I Finish School'' by isiegbe(m): 4:34pm On Apr 20, 2013
thanks guys

(1) (Reply)

Photo: See The Kind Of Warning His Wife Gave To Him / 10 Tips To Talk To Your Crush As A Shy Guy / Share your experience: Has Love Been Fair To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.