Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,317 members, 7,829,764 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing (21720 Views)

Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Caught And Arrested / Boston Bombing Culprits Found (PHOTOS) - Photos Now Known As Inaccurate / 2 Explosions At Boston Marathon: Terrorists Attack? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 18, 2013
Rossikk:

The most implausible explanation (by a mile) seems the most plausible to you. Why, cos they're whites? You're truly shameless.

Ok, calm down before I belt you.

It has nothing to do with being white.

It looks like free giveaways I've seen around here too.

That's not looting.
Re: Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing by Afam4eva(m): 6:45pm On Apr 18, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

They're both cities.

And I'm comparing the safest city to the least safest.

Boston is not even amongst the safest city in the USA.

Post your source please.

They're both cities but one has more pressure than the other. You can compare a city as big as Boston with a relatively unknown town called Franklin. That's ridiculous. You should compare it with other cities it's size. Boston is not the safest but is among the safest big cities in the US.
Re: Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing by ezotik: 6:45pm On Apr 18, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

This is a Youtube comment that seems to be a plausible explanation

if the youtube comment is what u choose to believe, good.

but it does not seem like they were volunteers taking the clothes to the wounded, coz from the video you will see they were selecting what they "liked" and strolling away with it. and there was no urgency in taking it to someone in dire need of it.

it was pure looting. eod.

3 Likes

Re: Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 18, 2013
Afam4eva:
They're both cities but one has more pressure than the other. You can compare a city as big as Boston with a relatively unknown town called Franklin. That's ridiculous. You should compare it with other cities it's size. Boston is not the safest but is among the safest big cities in the US.

It doesn't matter what pressure it has or doesn't have.
The point it, there's a US cities measuring stick for safety that they both follow, and it turns out that one is safer than the other.
No US crime source has named Boston one of the top safest cities, so rethink.
Re: Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 18, 2013
ezotik:

if the youtube comment is what u choose to believe, good.

but it does not seem like they were volunteers taking the clothes to the wounded, coz from the video you will see they were selecting what they "liked" and strolling away with it. and there was no urgency in taking it to someone in dire need of it.

it was pure looting. eod.

Do you boys understand what "plausible" means?
Re: Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing by ezotik: 6:51pm On Apr 18, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Do you boys understand what "plausible" means?

lol, bye.

1 Like

Re: Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing by Afam4eva(m): 6:52pm On Apr 18, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

The point it, there's a US cities measuring stick for safety that they both follow, and it turns out that one is safer than the other.
Neither has Bostong been listed as one of the most dangerous cities to live in but cities like Atlanta, Detroit, Baltimore, Chicago have been listed in this regard and this are cities in the same caliber as Boston. So, that's a pass mark for Boston. It's a New England state and they're known to be on the safe side.
Re: Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing by cap28: 6:54pm On Apr 18, 2013
Rossikk:

Typical black Uncle Tom. I see you're back on your cotton-picking duties for whitey.

How will it be looting when you are a cotton picking slaveboy? Wouldn't do to slander massa would it?

Yeah... like a coconut (black outside, white inside).

grin grin grin grin grin grin - brilliant responses

1 Like

Re: Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing by Rossikk(m): 6:54pm On Apr 18, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Ok, calm down before I belt you.

It has nothing to do with being white.

It looks like free giveaways I've seen around here too.

That's not looting.

Get off the kool aid and strip the bandages from your eyes.

2 Likes

Re: Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 18, 2013
Afam4eva:
Neither has Bostong been listed as one of the most dangerous cities to live in but cities like Atlanta, Detroit, Baltimore, Chicago have been listed in this regard and this are cities in the same caliber as Boston. So, that's a pass mark for Boston. It's a New England state and they're known to be on the safe side.

I asked you to post your source . . . .do that now so that we can end this circuitous conversation.
Re: Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing by JeSoul(f): 6:54pm On Apr 18, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

The point it, there's a measuring stick for US cities they both follow, and it turns out that one is safer than the other.
Texasgirl, you're right. But Afam is righter. Lol. If you google safest large cities, Boston is up there.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/10/26/safest-cities-ten-lifestyle-real-estate-metros-msa_chart.html
Rank Metro Area MSA Population Violent Crime Workplace Fatality Rates Traffic Death Rates Natural Disaster Risk Total
1 Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MN-WI 3,229,878 9 1 7 7 24
2 Milwaukee-Waukesha-West Allis, WI 1,549,308 24 11 4 1 40
3 Portland-Vancouver-Beaverton, OR-WA 2,207,462 1 10 5 25 41
4 Boston-Cambridge-Quincy, MA-NH 4,522,858 10 5 1 28 44
4 Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue, WA 3,344,813 3 2 8 31 44
6 Providence-New Bedford-Fall River, RI-MA 1,596,611 6 7 11 28 52
7 San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA 1,819,198 2 8 6 38 54
8 New York-Northern New Jersey-Long Island, NY-NJ-PA 19,006,798 11 15 2 27 55
9 Cincinnati-Middletown, OH-KY-IN 2,155,137 8 27 20 2 57
10 Cleveland-Elyria-Mentor, OH 2,088,291 15 25 17 2 59
10 Denver-Aurora, CO 2,506,626 5 28 16 10 59

I love living in Beantown. Fantastic place all around. And even as we're talking about Boston, you cannot even compare neighborhoods within the city...a place like Roxbury cannot compare with say Allston, or Mattapan with Beacon Hill. They are literally like night & day.
Re: Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 18, 2013
Rossikk:

Get off the kool aid and strip the bandages from your eyes.

Why did you modify it now?
You should have waited. . .
Re: Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing by Afam4eva(m): 6:56pm On Apr 18, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

One of my ID got banned yesterday for insulting someone's father, if this ngga is not banned, I'll take Afam4eva responsible.

This is not my section. I want to believe you're Ileke?
Re: Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 18, 2013
JeSoul: Texasgirl, you're right. But Afam is righter. Lol. If you google safest large cities, Boston is up there.

I love living in Beantown. Fantastic place all around. And even as we're talking about Boston, you cannot even compare neighborhoods within the city...a place like Roxbury cannot compare with say Allston, or Mattapan with Beacon Hill. They are literally like night & day.

Seems like I owe Afam an apology then grin
Re: Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing by Orikinla(m): 6:58pm On Apr 18, 2013
Humans never really amaze me, because as King Solomon said that there is nothing new under the sun.
Humans sometimes are worse than animals in the jungle.

1 Like

Re: Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing by JeSoul(f): 6:59pm On Apr 18, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

One of my ID got banned yesterday for insulting someone's father, if this ngga is not banned, I'll take Afam4eva responsible.
Lol. Small small for uncle Afam ehn, tank you sister.

Rossikk's been banned.
Re: Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing by Nobody: 7:01pm On Apr 18, 2013
JeSoul: Lol. Small small for uncle Afam ehn, tank you sister.

Rossikk's been banned.

Thanks jare kiss
Re: Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing by Adekay2011: 7:02pm On Apr 18, 2013
ole shege barawo
Re: Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing by cap28: 7:03pm On Apr 18, 2013
Ejine/Rosikk

Kanye West made a similar observation during Katrina when he correctly accused the western corporate media of describing black victims of Katrina as looters and whites as simply people looking for food- but the thing that cracks me up so much about this whole story is the look on the face of the white guy (Mike Myers) in the video below when Kanye West decides to stop reading the autocue and actually say whats on his mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIUzLpO1kxI

1 Like

Re: Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing by JeSoul(f): 7:05pm On Apr 18, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Thanks jare kiss
You welcomes sis. It seems I actually saved him cos you were about to unleash a fury cheesy. Remind me to never mess with you lol.
Re: Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing by miqos02(m): 7:07pm On Apr 18, 2013
payless: Adidas brought a lot of clothing items with sneakers to hand-out to people. When the bomb exploded, the agents from adidas ran away and people just started taking the items.
u funny gannnnnn
Re: Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing by arbitrage: 7:07pm On Apr 18, 2013
GooseBaba:

Wetin concern your god inside this matter!? For your shallow and hasty reply you ignored the facts presented. Identical circumstances reported differently to ridicule one race, while promoting endurance for the next...it's media anyone that reads one of the above sees a black man looting while the white folks are survivals. Both parties suffer the same predicament.. To hell with your god's forgiveness where is his wrath towards those that cause others pain through their ignorance, hatred and deceit..

May Satan forgive you for implicating him in your misdemeanours. The fact you said was presented and ignored says Associated Press (AP) committed those partiality and injustices by their media. I pointed the error in the second information, which evidently was not from AP as purported by that comment. Then I went on to fault the practice of making one company's media prejudice (assuming AP actually were to be the source of the second information) a national "agreement and mindset." I even questioned you on why should you take an editorial comment of a publisher to be the sin of every Nigerian or American. I concluded by decrying the same racial, ethnic and tribal prejudicial practice that your generation have brought upon Nigeria and Nairaland in this online era. So tell me what material fact was presented that you are fighting that I haven't tackled?

More so, the people you are quoting (and abusing God) for causing pains on others by reason of ignorance, hatred and deceit are exactly your type of people who thought that there is no God or judgment or repercussion for whatever they do. But let it be known to you that "though hands join hands, sinners will not go unpunished" and because "speedy judgment is not brought upon man's actions, his heart is set in him to do evil." Carry on, you will meet someday with the One you hate so much when it will have been too late to receive that His wrath you are asking for where is it, in the company of those that caused the pain you talked about BECAUSE "the soul that sinneth, it shall die."
Re: Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 18, 2013
Someone needs to tell Afam4eva that there black and Irish ghettos all over Boston... grin
Re: Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing by cbi24: 7:08pm On Apr 18, 2013
Sorry america...... We are used to it in Kano..pele
Re: Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 18, 2013
And CNN kept splashing my TV screen with images of how patriotic and wonderful the yanks are, no??

Showing videos of people running towards the bomb scene to help... grin

Gatts love the controlled media... tongue

2 Likes

Re: Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing by Afam4eva(m): 7:11pm On Apr 18, 2013
ShyM-X:
Someone needs to tell Afam4eva that there black and Irish ghettos all over Boston... grin

Of course there are ghettos everywhere but you can't compare the number of ghettos in Boston to those in some other big cities.
Re: Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 18, 2013
Anyway Mr. Afam, there are bloods and cribs in Boston... wink
Re: Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing by JeSoul(f): 7:14pm On Apr 18, 2013
ShyM-X:

Mattappan, Dorchester, Charlestown (also made famous in the movie 'The Town'). And ours are straight-up ghetto fabulous cool .
Re: Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 18, 2013
Afam4eva:
Of course there are ghettos everywhere but you can't compare the number of ghettos in Boston to those in some other big cities.

That's what you think...

If DC could have one of the most notorious ghettos in America, what makes you think Boston(which is also a big city, by the way) would be different?
Re: Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing by Policewoman(f): 7:15pm On Apr 18, 2013
Imagine?
Re: Americans Looting At The Boston Marathon Venue After Bombing by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 18, 2013
JeSoul: Mattappan, Dorchester, Charlestown (also made famous in the movie 'The Town'). And ours are straight-up ghetto fabulous cool .

Lmao.. I hear that, sis... grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Dead, 2 Injured In Norway Bow And Arrow Attack, Suspect Is A Muslim Convert / UN, UK Distance Self From Kurdistan Referendum And Secession / Gambia's Vice President, Badara Joof Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.