Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,030 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

What Should I Do? A Guy Gave My Gf An Iphone 5 As A Birthday Gift - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Should I Do? A Guy Gave My Gf An Iphone 5 As A Birthday Gift (9393 Views)

See what A Lover Bought For His Girlfriend As Birthday Gift(pics) / (photos)... A Nairalander's Birthday Gift From His Girlfriend. / What Birthday Gift Should I Buy For My Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Should I Do? A Guy Gave My Gf An Iphone 5 As A Birthday Gift by onila(f): 7:43pm On Apr 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

Idiat

Only ashawo collect gifts everywhere
its just a gift
Re: What Should I Do? A Guy Gave My Gf An Iphone 5 As A Birthday Gift by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 22, 2013
Or tell her to return the phone
Re: What Should I Do? A Guy Gave My Gf An Iphone 5 As A Birthday Gift by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 22, 2013
onila: its just a gift

Yea we know, after he will necklaces, rings
Then he is going to upgrade and will buy a car right? What not a house?

Ashawo I see u ...
Re: What Should I Do? A Guy Gave My Gf An Iphone 5 As A Birthday Gift by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 22, 2013
joeydozzy: leave that girl

she disrespected you initially by not asking you if it was okay to collect it and made the relationship a joke by collecting it. she ain't a girlfriend material

P.S: there's no iPhone 5s

dont agree at the bolded, are you saying a girl should ask for permission from her boyfriend to accept gifts?
when they are not married?
Re: What Should I Do? A Guy Gave My Gf An Iphone 5 As A Birthday Gift by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 22, 2013
~vicky~:

dont agree at the bolded, are you saying a girl should ask for permission from her boyfriend to accept gifts?

so you're saying marriage is the only criterion for girls to ask their spouses permission to receive gifts?

we haff suffers

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do? A Guy Gave My Gf An Iphone 5 As A Birthday Gift by aejaywhite: 8:23pm On Apr 22, 2013
Ur gf is gone. I laugh wen I see sm comments made by sm women on this issue. No strings attached indeed...women cn sabi lie and pretend eh
Re: What Should I Do? A Guy Gave My Gf An Iphone 5 As A Birthday Gift by 2sexyus: 8:31pm On Apr 22, 2013
No mind dem...
aejaywhite: Ur gf is gone. I laugh wen I see sm comments made by sm women on this issue. No strings attached indeed...women cn sabi lie and pretend eh
Re: What Should I Do? A Guy Gave My Gf An Iphone 5 As A Birthday Gift by freecocoa(f): 8:42pm On Apr 22, 2013
Freiburger:
@ freecocoa, mind helping us with an answer?
What da feck are you people even talking about?

If my man wants to give a lady I'm sure he has no strings attached to a gift, why should I be worried?hian.
Re: What Should I Do? A Guy Gave My Gf An Iphone 5 As A Birthday Gift by 2sexyus: 9:15pm On Apr 22, 2013
Lies!
freecocoa: What da feck are you people even talking about?

If my man wants to give a lady I'm sure he has no strings attached to a gift, why should I be worried?hian.
Re: What Should I Do? A Guy Gave My Gf An Iphone 5 As A Birthday Gift by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 22, 2013
Just let me receive a gift from a babe, and lemme see if my girlfriend will tell me to return it. if the roles were reversed, dudes would be justifying it. some gifts are just harmless with no intention, stop being paranoid. but at the same time check out who the dude is, just to be sure. cuz me no trust Naija babes and dudes.
Re: What Should I Do? A Guy Gave My Gf An Iphone 5 As A Birthday Gift by sheedy407(m): 10:03pm On Apr 22, 2013
pc guru: Just let me receive a gift from a babe, and lemme see if my girlfriend will tell me to return it. if the roles were reversed, dudes would be justifying it. some gifts are just harmless with no intention, stop being paranoid. but at the same time check out who the dude is, just to be sure. cuz me no trust Naija babes and dudes.
The best ansa ever since,let's take it as if a boy d fone from anoder normal girlfrnd
Re: What Should I Do? A Guy Gave My Gf An Iphone 5 As A Birthday Gift by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 22, 2013
Freiburger:
@ freecocoa, mind helping us with an answer?
Answer sha. Person wey dey find iphone 5. She no go fit answer o.
Re: What Should I Do? A Guy Gave My Gf An Iphone 5 As A Birthday Gift by sheedy407(m): 10:09pm On Apr 22, 2013
MODS,FRONT PAGE PLS
Re: What Should I Do? A Guy Gave My Gf An Iphone 5 As A Birthday Gift by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 22, 2013
~vicky~:

Since she doesn't nee d to ask for permission to collect gifts, she shouldn't be upset when he starts giving gifts with his discretion.
Re: What Should I Do? A Guy Gave My Gf An Iphone 5 As A Birthday Gift by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 22, 2013
Also point of correction there is no phone called iPhone 5s angry
Re: What Should I Do? A Guy Gave My Gf An Iphone 5 As A Birthday Gift by Dovahkiin(m): 7:39am On Apr 23, 2013
pc guru: Just let me receive a gift from a babe, and lemme see if my girlfriend will tell me to return it. if the roles were reversed, dudes would be justifying it. some gifts are just harmless with no intention, stop being paranoid. but at the same time check out who the dude is, just to be sure. cuz me no trust Naija babes and dudes.

guy unless if say na long time friends dem be e no get how , even if na long time friends sef u still no fit trust the guy grin
Re: What Should I Do? A Guy Gave My Gf An Iphone 5 As A Birthday Gift by Dovahkiin(m): 7:40am On Apr 23, 2013
freecocoa: What da feck are you people even talking about?

i pirry u lol hian grin
Re: What Should I Do? A Guy Gave My Gf An Iphone 5 As A Birthday Gift by Daniel2289(m): 9:15am On Apr 23, 2013
Hmm! The truth is bitter, but it is gud to say. Believe it or not, dat ur girl is gone, and be ready to lose her. Unless dis ur girl really loves u, have it at the back of ur mind that sooner, she would ask sometin frm u,which u can't provide 4 her. Am not telling u to leave her now. But there's onething i want to say here. It all depends on the person involved. Take care bro.
Re: What Should I Do? A Guy Gave My Gf An Iphone 5 As A Birthday Gift by bright87: 10:04am On Apr 23, 2013
~vicky~:

Well I don't know what to say, but the truth is that no guy that doesn't have interest in a gal would spend that much on her.
My friend's GF was given a BB phone as present by a guy some few years back, she had to return it to the guy even though the girl doesn't have a BB, she wasn't at home when the guy brought the present but she had to return it which she finally did.
All the same don't conclude yet, but just be careful and relax your mind, don't get nervous or feel threatened all because of this. U need to be sure whats up before u decide on what to do. The heart of women are very complicated.. U never can b sure of anything that has to do with them, relationships of nowadays is all about risk. I am off now
Re: What Should I Do? A Guy Gave My Gf An Iphone 5 As A Birthday Gift by WIZGUY69(m): 10:20am On Apr 23, 2013
undecided chairman collect the IPHONE 4rm her and start using it! Dats all? Dats all or u can ask ma oga @ d top
Re: What Should I Do? A Guy Gave My Gf An Iphone 5 As A Birthday Gift by osisiego: 12:06pm On Apr 23, 2013
nigga forget chics, go and hustle.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do? A Guy Gave My Gf An Iphone 5 As A Birthday Gift by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 23, 2013
I am surprised at some of the comments here from guys and ladies alike. Ladies y'all know the truth. When you ask your boyfriend for something and he refuses to give you due to lack of funds, it is disrespectful to collect that same thing from another guy. How will you tell your boyfriend that the Iphone 5 you asked for, another guy has bought it for you? This is what makes some guys to lose confidence in themselves especially if they are going through tough times. The message the lady is passing is that: since you cannot give me, I have other guys who are always ready and willing to give me whatever I want. This is usually supposed to make the guy scared of losing her and to make him know that other guys are waiting for him to Bleep up so they can have her. The lady has you exactly where she wants you. Next time she asks you for something you will remember this incidence and you will give her what she wants.
By the way, before the guy can give her that Iphone, she must have furnished 'consideration' or she is about to furnish consideration.

P.S we usually don't do this to guys we love and respect.

3 Likes

Re: What Should I Do? A Guy Gave My Gf An Iphone 5 As A Birthday Gift by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 23, 2013
freecocoa: See the way everybody is shouting "ask her questions" someone even said OP should tell her to return the phone, lmao grin.

Is the OP married to this girl? Why would you tell her who to accept gifts from and who not to? Oh well, it depends on the girl sha, so someone can't innocently give another person a gift ba? So what if the girl told him what she wants for a B'day present?

Her bf couldn't afford it means its now a crime to accept it from another guy? Oh please excuse me, see una mindset, abeg people still give gifts with no strings attached.

Aunty, we live in a real world, not an ideal one. The world you painted up there swings more toward the ideal than the real. Let's get real...which guy gets a girl (not your family member) an Iphone 5 with no strings attached. I know there're some but what is the percentage. I would say 0.1%. Would it be too much to say the op should try and find out if this guy is among the 99.9%?

I agree that it's difficult to reject such gifts and that's why we would try justifying it but we still have to say the truth, don't we?

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do? A Guy Gave My Gf An Iphone 5 As A Birthday Gift by fuckluv(f): 12:32pm On Apr 23, 2013
He don dey do ur job 4 u b dat. The least u can do now s to look 4 him 2 thank him for his generosity.Lobatan grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Should I Do? A Guy Gave My Gf An Iphone 5 As A Birthday Gift by Bosschris(m): 12:40pm On Apr 23, 2013
A good,loving n carin gal who has respect 4 the guy,at 1st wont ask u 4 somtin she knows dat u can't afford.....OP,mayb u hav bin wit dis gal 4 months n she knows dat u can't afford d phone n she cam abt askin u....dia are 3tinz askin u abt wat u can't afford mins..
1-she is gettin tired of manangin d small money u hav wit u,dat mins she is getiin tired of d whole r/ship,so she z seekin 4 financial help outside...
2-she is still abt to fall deeply inlove wit u,but she hasn't cos u r not upto her nids..so she seekd outside,dat mins she doesn't love u like u do 4 her now..
and 3 she mayb b gettin bad influence 4rm he frnds,wich is 2 leav u n go 4 oda richer guyz...
OP,going outside 2 seek 4 wat u can't give her ain't ardinary atall...cos me i can't give anoda man g.f an iphone wit no strings attached...na tiper string i go attach am self..so shine eyez guy n watch her closely..cos dia is 80% possibility u will loose her 2 d richer dude..
Re: What Should I Do? A Guy Gave My Gf An Iphone 5 As A Birthday Gift by Soliloqyofchaos: 1:12pm On Apr 23, 2013
The truth is none of us can tell what is happening with 100 percent accuracy. Simple logic will tell you however that an iphone is not cheap, and if someone was willing to buy this for her they are either rich or an ulterior motive is in play. This is where you have to deduce what makes the most sense given factors like how long your relationship has lasted, where you met her, her attitude, and just plainly the type of woman she is. Here is a hint though; if you yourself are one who flaunts money to attract females then you will attract women with the same nature thereby deeming her untrustworthy.
Re: What Should I Do? A Guy Gave My Gf An Iphone 5 As A Birthday Gift by 2sexyus: 2:09pm On Apr 23, 2013
May God bless you with a man that will love and cherish you.

That Guy is already sleeping with the OP's girlfriend or he is intending to do so.
poshdiva: I am surprised at some of the comments here from guys and ladies alike. Ladies y'all know the truth. When you ask your boyfriend for something and he refuses to give you due to lack of funds, it is disrespectful to collect that same thing from another guy. How will you tell your boyfriend that the Iphone 5 you asked for, another guy has bought it for you? This is what makes some guys to lose confidence in themselves especially if they are going through tough times. The message the lady is passing is that: since you cannot give me, I have other guys who are always ready and willing to give me whatever I want. This is usually supposed to make the guy scared of losing her and to make him know that other guys are waiting for him to Bleep up so they can have her. The lady has you exactly where she wants you. Next time she asks you for something you will remember this incidence and you will give her what she wants.
By the way, before the guy can give her that Iphone, she must have furnished 'consideration' or she is about to furnish consideration.

Leave freecocoa... Their type always act like they dont know how most Naija guys thinks.
alutacontinua:

Aunty, we live in a real world, not an ideal one. The world you painted up there swings more toward the ideal than the real. Let's get real...which guy gets a girl (not your family member) an Iphone 5 with no strings attached. I know there're some but what is the percentage. I would say 0.1%. Would it be too much to say the op should try and find out if this guy is among the 99.9%?

I agree that it's difficult to reject such gifts and that's why we would try justifying it but we still have to say the truth, don't we?
May God bless you with a man that will love and cherish you.

That Guy is already sleeping with the OP's girlfriend or he is intending to do so.
poshdiva: I am surprised at some of the comments here from guys and ladies alike. Ladies y'all know the truth. When you ask your boyfriend for something and he refuses to give you due to lack of funds, it is disrespectful to collect that same thing from another guy. How will you tell your boyfriend that the Iphone 5 you asked for, another guy has bought it for you? This is what makes some guys to lose confidence in themselves especially if they are going through tough times. The message the lady is passing is that: since you cannot give me, I have other guys who are always ready and willing to give me whatever I want. This is usually supposed to make the guy scared of losing her and to make him know that other guys are waiting for him to Bleep up so they can have her. The lady has you exactly where she wants you. Next time she asks you for something you will remember this incidence and you will give her what she wants.

Re: What Should I Do? A Guy Gave My Gf An Iphone 5 As A Birthday Gift by Pimples(m): 4:21pm On Apr 23, 2013
I also think that relationship is nearing it's expiry date. Had it been the iphone was bought by a sibling or relative it would have been better.

But some random unknown guy?

And an expensive gift @ that.

@ OP just in case after ur inquiry d relationship ends, make sure u get a girl whose life is not centered on material things....... Someone that will appreciate your efforts to care 4 her
Re: What Should I Do? A Guy Gave My Gf An Iphone 5 As A Birthday Gift by omocollege(f): 4:43pm On Apr 23, 2013
Just ask her who she got it from and her relationship to the guy. If she has done something like this with other things then this guy that is giving her things must want her. You only have to worry if you don't trust your girlfriend, but only for good reasons.
Re: What Should I Do? A Guy Gave My Gf An Iphone 5 As A Birthday Gift by 2sexyus: 4:50pm On Apr 23, 2013
I would even advice the OP to turbo charge himself.... Bleep d girl like mad just incase it ends.
Re: What Should I Do? A Guy Gave My Gf An Iphone 5 As A Birthday Gift by Bbdealer(m): 4:56am On Apr 24, 2013
who told u dt she's ur gf. D guy is her real bf just keep dt in mind cuz things will start 2 surface before ur eyes
Re: What Should I Do? A Guy Gave My Gf An Iphone 5 As A Birthday Gift by khiaa(f): 8:55am On Apr 24, 2013
gree-die:

no a sharp girl wont lie.... gone are d days.
a sharp girl ll do wat d girl did and claim innocence and a not so sharp guy ll believe she is good....

op, im very innocent and so clueless dat i don't even recognise a pass wen a guy makes it grin maybe ur girl is actually clueless, maybe she isn't. just ask her.. how did d guy know she wanted dat particular fone, who is he to her etc.

find out.

And how did that guy know it was her birthday?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Zimbabwe Lovebirds Caught Having Sex In Bush Disgraced (Photos) / 11 Sarcastic Photos That Proves Women Rule The World. / Why Africans Go For White Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.