Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,982 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos (19920 Views)

#5000 promise to unemployed Graduate has no impact in Buhari Election Victory / N5000 To Unemployed: Murray-Bruce Sad Over APC's Rejection Of Motion / Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos by onatisi(m): 10:15am On Apr 22, 2013
ume: Village people i salute una ooo
we take am jare ,may u live long
Re: Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 22, 2013
WHy Una no take am to MFM for Deliverance.. Aye dey for real..
Re: Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos by myjobsfinder(m): 10:22am On Apr 22, 2013
i hope he will be employed where he is going to? may his soul rest n peace amen @ http://leoweblink..com
Re: Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos by cowgurl: 10:23am On Apr 22, 2013
austushi1:
Ur somehow right, but not 2months unemployment would cause 1 to commit suicide!

The cause of his death could be depression from low grade result or heartbreak from his girlfriend. It could also be manipulated from d spiritual realm, since the spiritual controls d physical. The bible says we wrestle not against flesh and blood(visible), but against principalities and powers, demons in high places(invisible)

Also; 1 peter 5:7-11 (pls read)

I've had my own share of unemployment(2010-2013) as a 2.1 graduate. Even when I thot I finally got a job, it came crashing after a month, but I'm still grateful to God and still hopeful that all will be fine someday!

Unemployed graduates should get close to God, seek him and his kingdom, and everything shall fall in place and d devil will NEVER manipulate you!

God bless

That's the spirit but unlike you some youths can't take this all in.
There is always a point in one's life that breaks them, maybe his was unemployment and he just couldn't take it anymore after numerous disappointments experienced.
Re: Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos by onatisi(m): 10:29am On Apr 22, 2013
oneangle: WHy Una no take am to MFM for Deliverance.. Aye dey for real..
i don tell dem,but they all say i am ignorant and tht the cause of the guy problem is depression.i have been to mfm ad i have heard real life testimonies , i have seen where someone was taken his bath and small pieces of bottles was coming out of his body,this can be verified in kola olawuyi video nkan mbe .
Re: Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos by deor03(m): 10:30am On Apr 22, 2013

Narrating what transpired on the day the victim died, the relative said it happened after everyone had gone to sleep.

She said he went into the kitchen, took a kitchen knife and stabbed himself three times.

She said, “I do not know the time it happened exactly but everyone had gone to bed while he stayed in the parlour. Around midnight, he was found lying in a pool of blood and the knife soaked in blood.

“His intestines were on the floor as well. From what we deduced, he stabbed himself three times without screaming because no one heard any noise. At daybreak, we went to Aguda Police Station to report the matter.”

I don't think it is possible for someone to stab himself 3 times. It is impossible.
Re: Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos by Thermythorpe(f): 10:34am On Apr 22, 2013
tellwisdom: So Dem even get kitchen and sitting room??..Food is even certain for him and he dey complain??
Abi oo, i think there is more to dis story only God knows ...
RIP to d dead!.
Re: Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos by ektbear: 10:36am On Apr 22, 2013
Mental illness is a terrible thing.
Re: Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos by devour129: 10:39am On Apr 22, 2013
dvdon: I understand what happened, may his soul rest in peace. I have been reading ppls posts here n no 1 has said my mind on dis case.
One thing is certain, as one of his neigbour said, he complained of unemployment..No he just finished service on february just two month b4 his death, so I disagree partially on unemployment but rather it gets us to some clues why he took his life.
Depression,..Yes but what state I ask? My wide guess goes to one thing...his Degree status. Considering the school n frustration he must ve passed through I guess the deceased was a smart guy but probably lost his targeted grade of degree to get him his dream job maybe he graduated with a 2.2 or 3rd class, believe me I ve dealt n counseled such depression Amongst my peers,...all he needed was to confide in a friend or a relative but I guess no one really gave dat attention to him y he was fighting depression n sucide forces.
Pls have time for a depressed fellow, show them u are able to share their burden in secret then help them out...since they can't voice out, ask ppl that can help n relate it as a solution to them.
Finally Nigerians should cultivate d habit of visiting a psychologist or a psychiotric doctor when depressed because depression is a form of mental illness.
then we are all mental cos I doubt he there's any human being that has never been depressed once in a while.its normal for everyone to worry about things they can't change put its the strength to move on some people lack.that strength can come from the person or people around the person. I guess am mental right now cos av got serious issues bothering me but I don't have the time to sulk about it. It's only if you have never made a life that you can take it.
Re: Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 22, 2013
well, I rather kill myself than 2 commit suicide.
Re: Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos by Sodiq3(m): 10:43am On Apr 22, 2013
how person go stab himself 3times,he no go shout or scream?na aiye jor
Re: Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 22, 2013
ighoosagie: well, I rather kill myself than 2 commit suicide.

sos plssssssss!
Re: Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos by gysl1973: 10:55am On Apr 22, 2013
PeeDaVinci: from what i can deduce from the story, this is not a suicide, somebody definitely killed him

My guy you dey crase o, even when e mama say em no fit talk say na person kill am, may be na e mama stab am idiot
Re: Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos by brixton: 10:57am On Apr 22, 2013
RIP man
Re: Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos by gysl1973: 11:00am On Apr 22, 2013
I wont blame the boy, he finished from a school where he graduated even before the stipulated time 4 yrs for a degree programme, how i wish e come ekpoma go LASU spend 6 or 7 yrs on a 4 yrs programme then he will understand what the word "Patient " means, meanwhile he go delta, he no join militant, kidnapping, oil bonkery, yahoo, e come lagos come spend 2 months then kill emself, may be e lecturer tell am say e go get work 2 days after school.

Anyway RIP to him cases of suicide among Nigeria student always been recorded from our Advance secondary school called University

Instead of me to commit suicide i rather kill myself. Ref PEJ
Re: Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos by premium1: 11:07am On Apr 22, 2013
RIP youngman! Buh rilly Ʊ dnt ve †̥ take d life God gave Ʊ . ђ£ J̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊t̲̥̅̊ finished service I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ febrary andd ђ£ took his life cos of unemployment issue I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Naija, datz so lame.I J̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊t̲̥̅̊ completed ♍Ɣ nysc too †ђξ same time ђ£ did, bin at home 2 months now duh its frustratin buh takin ♍Ɣ life won't solve †ђξ problem at all.Am job hunting now like every oda unemployed graduate and at †ђξ same time i J̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊t̲̥̅̊ enrolled I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ a fashion designing trainin I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ lagos.When job comes, i will quit buh b4 den Ω̴̩̩̩̥α‎​ tailor tinz mehn! Ǻ♍ off †̥ go learn tailor. Bye bye ♍Ɣ country people.
Re: Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos by shesluvin(f): 11:23am On Apr 22, 2013
Ma dear NL, some of u are being insultive,judgemental or claiming u wudnt do such. I knew this guy, quite and respectful as u can imagine. If I was told he wud take his life, I wud not have believed it. Some of u feel u can't resolve in suicide, let me educate u as a psychologist that they are factors both conscious and unconscious that can make one take the tiniest decision in his life. U feel feb to april is short.have u considered pressure he must have faced from family, frnds or peers. Suicide is not a longterm plan.it is a decision made in an abrupt second. Let's jst pray dat God helps us not ti find ourselves in that deadliest corner. RIP dear former course mate and school mate. God rest ur soul
Re: Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos by ogele: 11:25am On Apr 22, 2013
Are you sure he is not among a kidnapped gang that Ngozi Okonjo's mum, may be he has seen that those of other gang members as been arrested, so he decided to kill himself to escape justice.... Is good to reason and think, thats why we study mathematics in school...

As he don take him hand kill himself we can afford to accuse him of anything, as for unemployment i doubt... He is in hell already....Foolish boy...This Nigeria wey sweet die na person go kill himself... hediot
Re: Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos by lordyatz: 11:26am On Apr 22, 2013
Gamji007: He finished NYSC in february, and then commit suicide in April because he's unemployed? In Nigeria??

Abeg, na village people follow the guy joor.

Poor boy! sad
na only village people de do witch
Re: Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos by chynasaz(f): 11:27am On Apr 22, 2013
OMG valentine, he graduated from my department, public Administration, Madonna university okija, val how could u, I tink he was charmed.
Re: Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos by blaise26abj(m): 11:48am On Apr 22, 2013
RIP. But honestly, how on earth do you stab yourself 3 times and not scream? once is enuf. how did he manage 3? it is too fishy. the family needs to be investigated. Drugs too should not be ruled out.

If proven that he did commit suicide by multiple stabs, then the husband who allegedly stabbed his banker wife might just be innocent.
Re: Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 12:03pm On Apr 22, 2013
The police need to ask his parents some serious questions cos its strange for one to commit suicide ( stabbind himself 3 times) cos of 2months unemployment after NYSC
Re: Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos by CooldudeY2J: 12:06pm On Apr 22, 2013
No doubt aiye is involved. Poor boy cry
Re: Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 22, 2013
onatisi: this case is spiritual ,lets call a spade a spade.this is africa and not usa ,which kind yeye depression will make a young man stab himself thrice ,cut his intestines out and yet not shout for help.u think na small thing to kill una sef.he was remotely controlled
So so funny. Leave them. Nairaland has been invaded terribly with this "diasporan" nigerians.
Re: Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 22, 2013
ogele: Are you sure he is not among a kidnapped gang that Ngozi Okonjo's mum, may be he has seen that those of other gang members as been arrested, so he decided to kill himself to escape justice.... Is good to reason and think, thats why we study mathematics in school...

As he don take him hand kill himself we can afford to accuse him of anything, as for unemployment i doubt... He is in hell already....Foolish boy...This Nigeria wey sweet die na person go kill himself... hediot
LWKMD OOO
Re: Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos by alyarmouk(m): 12:35pm On Apr 22, 2013
He s a fucking coward and he should enjoy hell why it lasts....am very sure him never see wetin most men don see....person wey go a whole private madonna univ, dey stay surulere...him pple hold na...me wey go fed-uni, cum sill dey stay AJ nko? him never see anything..na now him suffer start sef.
Re: Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos by Visocrate(m): 12:49pm On Apr 22, 2013
DEPRESSION CAN LEAD TO ANYTHING IN LIFE AND THE NIGERIAN GOV IS NOT HELPING IN ANY WAY AFTER SERVING THE NATION IN A DESERT OR FOREST AT THE RISK OF YOUR LIFE YOU WILL GO BACK HOME WITHOUT ANYTHING GOD HELP IN THIS COUNTRY LET HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE
Re: Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos by kardoso(m): 1:03pm On Apr 22, 2013
Poor guy. His people just waisted him. African magic na waaooo .
Re: Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos by Gamji007: 1:03pm On Apr 22, 2013
anonimi:

What sort of primitive talk is this?
The guy was "depressed" according to the interviewed relative and said he was unhappy.
He should have been taken to a psychiatrist for proper evaluation and follow up, which could have avoided his suicide.
Africans and our lack of responsibility for our own actions.
We need to change our attitude to MENTAL health.

Attributing everything to spiritual causes does not help individual and societal growth.

Oyinbo Man,we don hear.
Re: Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos by brosdoncome(m): 1:08pm On Apr 22, 2013
Nairalanders fail to read every comment being posted on this topic if not @ least one would have seen where someone who claimed to have known Onyeka gave a crucial point of him not graduating thereby, leading to family lambasting on his personality which made him solicit for suicide on NO (1). Even this was written, some people still kept commenting blindly without making any form of reference as regard to this point
Re: Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos by GoodNigerian: 1:24pm On Apr 22, 2013
chiover: They should arrest his girl friend and question her. Maybe he had a heartbreak in his love life.some guys attaches so much importance to this free Toto life called boyfriend-girlfriend affair making it difficult for most of them to dust up and start afresh whenever breakdown occurs. No job in two months interval would never push a guy to take his life.
Imagine a male graduate without a job who has a beatiful girlfriend depending on her 'hero'. Pressure from one's girlfriend can equally be attributed to such ungodly decision especially when it centres on 'You don't have a job'. At Madonna, that side of life is short-changed(they are mainly bookworms). A first-love fallout, kinda.
NOTE: This is not the cause but a possible lead vis a vis how-unemployment-can-be-the-reason-behind-the-act.
Re: Unemployed-Graduate Stabs Self To Death In Lagos by fpeter(f): 1:26pm On Apr 22, 2013
When contacted on the telephone, the acting spokesperson for the state police command, Damascus Ozoani, said the matter could not yet be classified as suicide until autopsy was concluded.........i laugh @ autopsy. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oke’s Defection Tears AD Apart / Adamawa Supplementary Elections Postponed Indefinitely - INEC / Court Grants DSS Permission To Detain Sowore For 45 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.