Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

I Could Be Kwankwaso’s Or Lamido Running-Mate – Amaechi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Could Be Kwankwaso’s Or Lamido Running-Mate – Amaechi (14112 Views)

Kwankwaso’s Aide, Others Defect To PDP / Pdp Is No Longer The Monster It Used To Be - Kwankwaso / Wike, Running-Mate, PDP Leaders Escape Death As Gunmen Storm Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Could Be Kwankwaso’s Or Lamido Running-Mate – Amaechi by lacasa: 10:54am On Apr 26, 2013
IDGAF

#.. Sai APC cool
Re: I Could Be Kwankwaso’s Or Lamido Running-Mate – Amaechi by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 26, 2013
[quote

author=nkem Kalu]BEGINING AND END OF ODEH JONATHAN.......SOUTH SOUTH
VOTES TO BE DEVIDED AND APC TAKES THE REST......HAHAHAHAHAH[/quote]
If u are an Igbo man, u must be a disgrace to ur clan. I have never seen an Igbo man thinking like u. U think that is how election is done. Divide what and take what? Why not try get a job and be busy.
Re: I Could Be Kwankwaso’s Or Lamido Running-Mate – Amaechi by Gbawe: 11:06am On Apr 26, 2013
Billyonaire: What manner of journalism is this ? Is it the OP is daft or he is just mischievous ?

What is wrong with you? OP has simply delivered an article with appropriate links in compliance with all forum rules. Why on earth do you round on him with insults? You are the only "daft" person here and a waste-of-space to boot. If you doubt the veracity of the article then say so, as you are entitled to do, and refrain from insulting the OP.

@Topic.

Many in the PDP, certainly the OBJ camp, have long made it known they favour a Lamido-Amaechi ticket. It is therefore not exactly strange to believe Amaechi is reiterating this. We all know GEJ is trying to cower Amaechi. Amaechi is a resolute and mentally tough character as well - certainly more so than many Nigerian Politicians. This may be his way of telling team GEJ that he is unbowed and still chasing his ambition.
Re: I Could Be Kwankwaso’s Or Lamido Running-Mate – Amaechi by alaoeri: 11:15am On Apr 26, 2013
Lamdio or Kwankwaso/ Amaechi or anybody ok by me in as much GEJ is kick out with his cluelessness come 2015.
Re: I Could Be Kwankwaso’s Or Lamido Running-Mate – Amaechi by kuchikau: 11:19am On Apr 26, 2013
jonathan must be president come 2015: simple.

3 Likes

Re: I Could Be Kwankwaso’s Or Lamido Running-Mate – Amaechi by PointB: 11:22am On Apr 26, 2013
The more inportant question is:

How many votes does Rotimi Amaechi commands in the larger scheme of things?
Re: I Could Be Kwankwaso’s Or Lamido Running-Mate – Amaechi by MORNDEW(m): 11:32am On Apr 26, 2013
I like this man he is not lily lvered like other politicians
Re: I Could Be Kwankwaso’s Or Lamido Running-Mate – Amaechi by ol2012: 11:41am On Apr 26, 2013
OMO IBO: Nigerian journalists are scum.

In the first paragraph, the writer describes Amaechi as Chairman of the PDP Governors Forum.

I thought Akpabio holds that position while Amaechi is the chairman of the Nigeria's Governors Forum??
U'r so on point. Dat actually puts d integrity of d entire report 2 question, cos it doesn't look like an error
Re: I Could Be Kwankwaso’s Or Lamido Running-Mate – Amaechi by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 26, 2013
Gbawe:

What is wrong with you? OP has simply delivered an article with appropriate links in compliance with all forum rules. Why on earth do you round on him with insults? You are the only "daft" person here and a waste-of-space to boot. If you doubt the veracity of the article then say so, as you are entitled to do, and refrain from insulting the OP.

@Topic.

Many in the PDP, certainly the OBJ camp, have long made it known they favour a Lamido-Amaechi ticket. It is therefore not exactly strange to believe Amaechi is reiterating this. We all know GEJ is trying to cower Amaechi. Amaechi is a resolute and mentally tough character as well - certainly more so than many Nigerian Politicians. This may be his way of telling team GEJ that he is unbowed and still chasing his ambition.

Thanks @Gbawe. There are far too many commentators around these parts who confuse the gentility of a lion for a sign of timidity or cowardice.
Nah the odious rain-water wey fall make dove and vulture cower for shelter under the same canopy. grin

1 Like

Re: I Could Be Kwankwaso’s Or Lamido Running-Mate – Amaechi by quranak343: 11:51am On Apr 26, 2013
i cannot know this site thread.can anybody tell me the what is this thread answers.it is a casual running mate for this forums.
online quran learning
quran for kids
Re: I Could Be Kwankwaso’s Or Lamido Running-Mate – Amaechi by Kachi01: 11:59am On Apr 26, 2013
Mr Amechi sir, before you sing his praise to the high heavens, did he show you sabon gari roads which has become death traps and Kwankwaso is doing practically nothing abt it?
What of the sabon gari market drug dealers that the govt closed their shops Na the same people.
Re: I Could Be Kwankwaso’s Or Lamido Running-Mate – Amaechi by pat077: 12:16pm On Apr 26, 2013
u could even be d running mate to Akiku or IBB, who cares.
Re: I Could Be Kwankwaso’s Or Lamido Running-Mate – Amaechi by VirginFinder: 12:17pm On Apr 26, 2013
Amaechi is an Igbo name.

Yet some dimwits will assert that Yorubas are slaves to the Hausa/Fulani.

Whereas,in actual fact, its them-the Igbos and others who are constantly trying to outdo each other in the race to become top slave to the Hausa/Fulani.

Yorubas are above board!
Re: I Could Be Kwankwaso’s Or Lamido Running-Mate – Amaechi by OdionOdion: 12:26pm On Apr 26, 2013
Hope the students to be sent to Kano will come from Amaechi family because he cannot use other people's children to play boko haram/sharia politics;I wish him best of political suicide journey where his mentor:PETER ODILI failed
Re: I Could Be Kwankwaso’s Or Lamido Running-Mate – Amaechi by yarnings: 12:31pm On Apr 26, 2013
Rotimi never said such thing in that post,i wonder how people reads,with what is in post itis clear enough that he was only pulling the leg of the chap that asked him that question,what he was saying is that the whole gist is rumour,since we have different version of the gist,ie rotimi n kwankwoso or rotimi n lamido,that can he vice two people at a time.NO
Re: I Could Be Kwankwaso’s Or Lamido Running-Mate – Amaechi by badesco(m): 1:22pm On Apr 26, 2013
Gov. Ameachi is too over ambitious and i hope he does not end up in a thrash can like others.
Re: I Could Be Kwankwaso’s Or Lamido Running-Mate – Amaechi by badmeat(m): 1:26pm On Apr 26, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy: Amaechi abeg we Port Harcourt people no wan exchange 6 of our bright chaps with 6 bomb-laden almajiri nitwits...

Allow the sleeping dog...
my taught exactly!

1 Like

Re: I Could Be Kwankwaso’s Or Lamido Running-Mate – Amaechi by luvinhubby(m): 1:50pm On Apr 26, 2013
This Amaechi guy is exhibiting over ambitious tendecies & no over ambitious man has ruled Nigeria since 1999.
Re: I Could Be Kwankwaso’s Or Lamido Running-Mate – Amaechi by Gbawe: 1:54pm On Apr 26, 2013
badesco: Gov. Ameachi is too over ambitious and i hope he does not end up in a thrash can like others.

I am always confused by this utterance from Nigerians. When has legitimate ambition ever been a bad thing? When has trying to get as far as possible become a thing to frown upon? Is it a cultural thing to term determined people as "over ambitious"? I just don't get it. What has Amaechi done wrong?

As far as I am concerned, anybody who wants anything in life should feel free to go for it as long as they deploy legitimate means and stay within the law. I always prefer models and situations where people who deliberately seek something tend to be the ones who get it. Not what we have where a reluctant Yar Adua, heading back to the lecture room, was forced to come and lead Nigeria. Or how school teacher Shagari was made President with the help of a man (OBJ) who believed Awolowo to be "over ambitious" also. It is amazing how much like our leaders we are in mindset.

Even when we lampoon them daily here our utterances betray us as being similar to them in thinking. Since this Amaechi-GEJ brouhaha began, there is nothing we have not heard here on this forum with the likes of Insincere9gerian even outrightly suggesting that GEJ should use the EFCC to whip Amaechi and co in line. What is their crime and why do we say we are practising democracy if some will not be free to pursue their legitimate ambition? Meanwhile ambitious people are loved and supported in ambitious and progressive Nations.
Re: I Could Be Kwankwaso’s Or Lamido Running-Mate – Amaechi by conyema12(m): 2:01pm On Apr 26, 2013
The drums of 2015 politics is seroiusly sounding now.
Its is obvious to all that the relattionship bw Gej and rotimi amechi has been terribly severed since the day rotimi had a little brawl with the first lady.
For me amechi has nothing to loose by falling out with gej.. He successfully served his 2 terms as a governor with an incredible results. Aspiring for a VP polical positions is a wonderful move and there is every likelihood that he will succeed considering the fickle nature of PDP recently.

He should identify himself with good and credible things and not the good for nothing GEJ that has nothing to offer the country.
My 2 cents
Re: I Could Be Kwankwaso’s Or Lamido Running-Mate – Amaechi by Gbawe: 2:02pm On Apr 26, 2013
luvinhubby: This Amaechi guy is exhibiting over ambitious tendecies & no over ambitious man has ruled Nigeria since 1999.

Have you not then made the obvious connection to why the nation has been stagnant since 1999? For example, that "over ambitious" Donald Duke never got to lead Nigeria is punishment for who? Duke himself of the millions of Nigerians whose lives are being ruined by accidental leaders, mediocrities and visionless men who don't deserve the position an aberrant Nation has thrown in their laps?

Our leaders may have done a 'job' on our minds but we ourselves need to be careful saying things that makes Nigeria look like a very 'dodgy' nation to the rest of the world. Newsflash my guy, "over ambitious" people lead many Nations of the world and successfully so for that matter.
Re: I Could Be Kwankwaso’s Or Lamido Running-Mate – Amaechi by luvinhubby(m): 2:22pm On Apr 26, 2013
@ Gbawe
Over ambition is an obvious trait of megalonaniacs & absolute power, like Nigeria's presidency, in the hands of such persons will inevitably lead to gross abuse. A dull Goodluck is better than an abusive Rotimi.

The efficiency of any administration is not the product of it's head but by quality & efficiency of the composite team members of the administration.
GOOD LEADER + BAD TEAM = FAILURE
GOOD TEAM + BAD LEADER = AVERAGE SUCCESS

By the way, the Niger Delta people will prefer to lead under GEJ than to play second fiddle with Amaechi.
Re: I Could Be Kwankwaso’s Or Lamido Running-Mate – Amaechi by Gbawe: 2:32pm On Apr 26, 2013
conyema12: The drums of 2015 politics is seroiusly sounding now.
Its is obvious to all that the relattionship bw Gej and rotimi amechi has been terribly severed since the day rotimi had a little brawl with the first lady.
For me amechi has nothing to loose by falling out with gej.. He successfully served his 2 terms as a governor with an incredible results. Aspiring for a VP polical positions is a wonderful move and there is every likelihood that he will succeed considering the fickle nature of PDP recently.

He should identify himself with good and credible things and not the good for nothing GEJ that has nothing to offer the country.
My 2 cents

Correct. Also it is myopically wrong and self-destructive for our democracy that it is us average Nigerians speaking as if the President should be above the law and that he should be able to undemocratically truncate the legitimate ambitions of others. Amaechi indeed has nothing to lose and a lot to gain. His doggedness will be impressing many. GEJ should test his popularity democratically and give others the freedom to do so.
Re: I Could Be Kwankwaso’s Or Lamido Running-Mate – Amaechi by tomakint: 2:36pm On Apr 26, 2013
Billyonaire: What manner of journalism is this ? Is it the OP is daft or he is just mischievous ?
You dey mind them undecided this is Nairaland, where every Tom, Diick and Harry wants to be relevant by all means undecided So prepare your heart to hear or see anything on Nairaland cool as for Amaechi's ambition, I wish him 'SAVE JOURNEY'
Re: I Could Be Kwankwaso’s Or Lamido Running-Mate – Amaechi by lekeodumuyiwa: 2:56pm On Apr 26, 2013
Rapeconomy and the tragedy of Nigerian state!A collections of my thoughts over the years will offer an insights to the mindset of those that will be and not be as 2015 is concerned.
Re: I Could Be Kwankwaso’s Or Lamido Running-Mate – Amaechi by Gbawe: 3:01pm On Apr 26, 2013
luvinhubby: @ Gbawe
Over ambition is an obvious trait of megalonaniacs & absolute power, like Nigeria's presidency, in the hands of such persons will inevitably lead to gross abuse. A dull Goodluck is better than an abusive Rotimi.

The efficiency of any administration is not the product of it's head but by quality & efficiency of the composite team members of the administration.
GOOD LEADER + BAD TEAM = FAILURE
GOOD TEAM + BAD LEADER = AVERAGE SUCCESS

By the way, the Niger Delta people will prefer to lead under GEJ than to play second fiddle with Amaechi.

Thanks for the clarification but I still think your point does Amaechi a disservice. I don't wish to hold brief for him but I don't see how Rotimi Amaechi qualifies as a "megalomaniac" more than most of our politicians. Most of them are very arrogant people. Amaechi is just outspoken in my opinion whereas most are pretender who act meek and humble , like GEJ, till they get what they want.

Ultimately, GEJ should test his popularity democratically and let others do so. Your concluding utterance is rather baffling too. It is not about what the "Niger Delta people" want. It is about who political Parties democratically choose in the first place and also about what is best for all Nigeria. Democracy is still a game of numbers and GEJ knows the PDP, if that principle is respected, will reject him. That is why he is acting desperately everywhere in trying to ensure he emerges unchallenged. All these desperate shenanigans will probably still come to nothing in my opinion.
Re: I Could Be Kwankwaso’s Or Lamido Running-Mate – Amaechi by lekeodumuyiwa: 3:07pm On Apr 26, 2013
Rapeconomy and the tragedy of Nigerian state!A collections of my thoughts over the years will offer an insights to the mindset of those that will be and not be in 2015.
Re: I Could Be Kwankwaso’s Or Lamido Running-Mate – Amaechi by gerald28: 3:25pm On Apr 26, 2013
rotimi amechi doesn't have any electoral value,who will vote for them down south apart from his enclave in ikwerre, I am 100 percent certain that no Igbo man will vote them into power, the pair don't have electoral value outside their enclave..
Re: I Could Be Kwankwaso’s Or Lamido Running-Mate – Amaechi by stebell(m): 3:42pm On Apr 26, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy: Amaechi abeg we Port Harcourt people no wan exchange 6 of our bright chaps with 6 bomb-laden almajiri nitwits...

Allow the sleeping dog...
True talk. Let em stay in Kano n learn hw to make bombs while our peeps stay in Ph city chop "oyel" money. Pls Amaechi instead of Kano send em to de UK or de US. =))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º=))=))
Re: I Could Be Kwankwaso’s Or Lamido Running-Mate – Amaechi by coolted(m): 4:28pm On Apr 26, 2013
is Rotimi 'timid' of being the president?
Re: I Could Be Kwankwaso’s Or Lamido Running-Mate – Amaechi by ASL33: 5:00pm On Apr 26, 2013
Its obvious now that the problem of Gbawe with the govt is not PDP but Jona. Indirectly supporting lam/rotimi ticket of PDP.
Re: I Could Be Kwankwaso’s Or Lamido Running-Mate – Amaechi by StanleyDivine(m): 6:07pm On Apr 26, 2013
Exchange program for the Boko Haram and Militants.

Cud dis be a subtle threat to unleash violence in d north n south if GEJ ...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today / Tanker Drivers Begin Nationwide Strike Weekend Over Bad Roads, Others / I Did Not Endorse Obi For Presidency - Aniebiet Inyang Ntui (UNICAL Librarian)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.