Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,048 members, 7,814,594 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship (39271 Views)

Why Do Most Ladies Lie About How They Were Disvirgined To Their Boyfriends? / Reasons Why Guys Lie About Being Single / Reasons Why An Average Lady Is Most Likely To Lie About Being A Virgin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by boardmem(m): 5:41pm On Apr 28, 2013
True Talk!!!
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by Angel778(f): 5:43pm On Apr 28, 2013
money-hungry :

are u sure 2million will be enough?
let's make it 2billion na?
u know say money no be problem ...
cheesy
money-hungry :

are u sure 2million will be enough?
let's make it 2billion na?
u know say money no be problem ...
Good bargain!!! bt u must pay b4 service lol
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by asanwaph: 6:42pm On Apr 28, 2013
idnoble135:
lol, but you would have to confront the truth some day. And its better you know now so that you wouldnt be shocked or confused. when the truth unfolds later on.
phoenix33: Gbam!!!
[/quote]. [quote]
gbam! U v spoken well
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 28, 2013
You guys really got me laughing and i learnt quite a few things. But the truth remains that if a guy demands the facts, i think you let him know. To such men, if you lie because you want to marry them, there is a high tendency that they would divorce you if they get to know about it.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 28, 2013
Find Out!:
100% in agreemment...but d bolded is still wayo grin To add tho, lie only when it's d most sensible & selfless thing to do at that point smiley

[size=13pt]Not in a relationship, especially if you want it to last. The best thing to do in a relationship is be honest and keep a clean slate. Honesty is one of the strongest, if not the strongest, building blocks in a relationship.[/size]
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by FindOut(m): 7:03pm On Apr 28, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Not in a relationship, especially if you want it to last. The best thing to do in a relationship is be honest and keep a clean slate. Honesty is one of the strongest, if not the strongest, building blocks in a relationship.[/size]

Yeah you are right & I detest lies like everyone else but I think that sometimes, you have to lie to people you love and care about BECAUSE you love and care about them.
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 28, 2013
Find Out!:
Yeah you are right & I detest lies like everyone else but I think that sometimes, you have to lie to people you love and care about BECAUSE you love and care about them.

[size=13pt]If/when a loved one finds out, will he or she feel loved and cared for?[/size]

2 Likes

Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by FindOut(m): 7:09pm On Apr 28, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]If/when a loved one finds out, will he or she feel loved and cared for?[/size]

With the kind of lie i'm talking about, YES, if that partner knows what love is.

I posted this earlier:

Find Out!:
There are some 'good' lies though cheesy

....but of course they've got to be relatively 'harmless' lies...lies which cannot threaten d relationship even when the truth is discovered...& they've got to be few & far between. if you have to lie frequently, something's definitely wrong & you had best solve the problem.

You cannot be a very loving husband if you tell your wife the complete truth every time smiley

You should get my drift now or you want me to give an example? smiley
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 28, 2013
ogugua88:

Gbam!
Best question of the day. Think people should ask themselves this question.

1 Like

Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by blackbeau1(f): 7:17pm On Apr 28, 2013
can i tell a white lie abt how i feel about his family?
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 28, 2013
Find Out!:
With the kind of lie i'm talking about, YES, if that partner knows what love is.

I posted this earlier:

You should get my drift now or you want me to give an example? smiley

[size=13pt]There's no such thing as a harmless lie, but try to give an example lol.

Most people would rather hear a painful truth than a harmless or sweet lie. Lying to a loved one is disrespectful. If I can't tell someone whom I love the truth, then there's no point in being in that relationship.

What's funny about lies is that often times, the truth comes out and the person affected is more hurt by the "lie and then eventual truth" method versus the plain truth. The liar tends to feel like crap too lol.[/size]
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by Nobody: 7:26pm On Apr 28, 2013
Charles Shaw: Awesome!
If only the truth cud be maintained.
Most times the truth is a 'Turn-Off'
If i should ask u how many men u'v slept with nd u tell me 25,
i'd surely walk away.
Is better u tell me a 'Lie' am the 2nd dude u sleeping with.
All d same, Nice Post.
I won't even ask that question because I know I will never be told the truth
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 28, 2013
black_beau: can i tell a white lie abt how i feel about his family?

Please, so that i can answer properly , what is a white lie?
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by FindOut(m): 7:42pm On Apr 28, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]There's no such thing as a harmless lie, but try to give an example lol.

Most people would rather hear a painful truth than a harmless or sweet lie. Lying to a loved one is disrespectful. If I can't tell someone whom I love the truth, then there's no point in being in that relationship.

What's funny about lies is that often times, the truth comes out and the person affected is more hurt by the "lie and then eventual truth" method versus the plain truth. The liar tends to feel like crap too lol.[/size]

Funny enuf, i'm in that category but like you said, its 'most'people, not 'all' people.

Here's an example:

Ada is dating Obi. Its Obi's birthday and Ada buys him an expensive Hawes & Curtis striped shirt for 13k despite the fact that the most expensive shirt in her own wardrobe costs 6k. Now, Obi wears mostly plain shirts to work and does not fancy striped shirts at all (only stops short of hating them)and this is a subject that has never come up for discussion between both. In the evening after work, Ada gives Obi the shirt with soo much excitement & love in her eyes and asks Obi, "DO YOU LIKE IT DEAR"?
He knows fully well that Ada earns 40k monthly and she has just bought him a 13k shirt

Ogugua, what should Obi say?

& this is a very very realistic scenario of which i'm sure something similiar has happened to lots of people.
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 28, 2013
Find Out!:
Funny enuf, i'm in that category but like you said, its 'most'people, not 'all' people.

Here's an example:

Ada is dating Obi. Its Obi's birthday and Ada buys him an expensive Hawes & Curtis striped shirt for 13k despite the fact that the most expensive shirt in her own wardrobe costs 6k. Now, Obi wears mostly plain shirts to work and does not fancy striped shirts at all (only stops short of hating them)and this is a subject that has never come up for discussion between both. In the evening after work, Ada gives Obi the shirt with soo much excitement & love in her eyes and asks Obi, "DO YOU LIKE IT DEAR"?
He knows fully well that Ada earns 40k monthly and she has just bought him a 13k shirt

Ogugua, what should Obi say?

& this is a very very realistic scenario of which i'm sure something similar has happened to lots of people.

[size=13pt]A foolish Obi will say he loves the shirt and proceed to hide it in the darkest corners of his closet. Later, Ada will ask him "where is the shirt I bought you and why don't you ever wear it?" A flustered Obi will probably lie to cover the first lie. If he lies again, a sharp Ada will ask him to wear it. Don't be surprised if she asks him to wear it to one family and friend gathering lol. Obi will either make excuses to not wear the shirt or wear it unhappily. Ada, sharp babe, go corner am dey vex. "Ehnnnnn, so you don't like the shirt! Why didn't you tell me you didn't like it before?! You wan throw my 13k into your closet to collect dust abi?! So you can lie about a common shirt abi?! What else have you lied about?! Get up from your knees abeg!! So that day when I wore striped dress and you said I look lovely nko??!?! Why are you crying?!?!?!" Omo see gobe lol.

A smart Obi will say "Nwanyi oma (lol), thank you for the gifts. That was very thoughtful, but I'm not a fan of striped shirts." Then, Ada, slightly saddened, would say, "awww, I was hoping you would like it obi'm. No problem. I can exchange it and find something that you like. All that matters is your happiness. It's your birthday after all."

So, as you can see, honesty is simple and freeing cheesy lol.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by FindOut(m): 8:46pm On Apr 28, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]A foolish Obi will say he loves the shirt and proceed to hide it in the darkest corners of his closet. Later, Ada will ask him "where is the shirt I bought you and why don't you ever wear it?" A flustered Obi will probably lie to cover the first lie. If he lies again, a sharp Ada will ask him to wear it. Don't be surprised if she asks him to wear it to one family and friend gathering lol. Obi will either make excuses to not wear the shirt or wear it unhappily. Ada, sharp babe, go corner am dey vex. "Ehnnnnn, so you don't like the shirt! Why didn't you tell me you didn't like it before?! You wan throw my N13k into your closet to collect dust abi?! So you can lie about a common shirt abi?! What else have you lied about?! Get up from your knees abeg!! So that day when I wore striped dress and you said I look lovely nko??!?! Why are you crying?!?!?!" Omo see gobe lol.

A smart Obi will say "Nwanyi oma (lol), thank you for the gifts. That was very thoughtful, but I'm not a fan of striped shirts." Then, Ada, slightly saddened, would say, "awww, I was hoping you would like it obi'm. No problem. I can exchange it and find something that you like. All that matters is your happiness. It's your birthday after all."

So, as you can see, honesty is simple and freeing cheesy lol.[/size]

See your mouth cheesy Like if you were Obi you'll really have the heart to say you don't like it at that point.lol. Later Ada will come on nairaland, open thread and start complaining about how nigerian men are ungrateful coz she saved and bought her boyfriend a shirt only for him to say he doesn't like it "just because it is striped!" *trust me she would have forgotten the preceding endearments and compliments*.

A smart and caring Obi will say ohh, he likes the shirt, its lovely (at least for that moment) and then will keep it at the back of his cupboard. One day, he may decide to try it on, looks into the mirror & is suddenly goes like "it's not so bad afterall"! he will have to lie because he knows that even the slightest hint that he doesnt like the shirt will dampen his Nwanyi Oma's feelings...something he so doesnt want.

Again, sometimes you have to tell a little lie just because you care about the other person's feelings...but they must be few and far between...& this 'privilege' must not be 'misused'. smiley

I believe you sha get my point by now smiley

*if you still don't, I'll just vex & drop another very possible real-life scenario that you won't be able to find an answer for soo easily grin*
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by codeddj: 10:40pm On Apr 28, 2013
Can't imagine ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ holding my body nd A̶̲̥̅̊ lady tells ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ she has slept with about 10 dudes or more,or telling ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ she has aborted if its even half tym nd U̶̲̥̅̊ xpect ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ tto still understand ,its over niyen oo....
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by Nobody: 10:42pm On Apr 28, 2013
codeddj: Can't imagine ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ holding my body nd A̶̲̥̅̊ lady tells ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ she has slept with about 10 dudes or more,or telling ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ she has aborted if its even half tym nd U̶̲̥̅̊ xpect ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ tto still understand ,its over niyen oo....
and what happens to the baby?
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by passionate88: 10:47pm On Apr 28, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Then, Ada, slightly saddened, would say, "awww, I was hoping you would like it obi'm. No problem. [/size]
slightly gini?, if I hear!. She go para, break bottle plus tooth pick, she go tear her mary amaka skirt wear bum short. She go halla @ d top of her lungs make neighbours gather so that if Obi wan knack her for wetin she wan do d neighbours go hold am. Then she go start her display. A smart Obi go collect d shirt, wear am make she see am then keep am for wardrobe. Him fit dey wear am once in 2 wks.
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by anitank(f): 11:22pm On Apr 28, 2013
Tell my boyfriend you don't know how to cook and u'll be out the door the next minute grin grin grin He aint got no time to wait and watch u improve undecided
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by majalisa(m): 11:59pm On Apr 28, 2013
idnoble135:
lol, but you would have to confront the truth some day. And its better you know now so that you wouldnt be shocked or confused. when the truth unfolds later on.
sure bt a satisfying lie is betta than d naked truth
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by Nobody: 12:42am On Apr 29, 2013
Find Out!:

See your mouth cheesy Like if you were Obi you'll really have the heart to say you don't like it at that point.lol. Later Ada will come on nairaland, open thread and start complaining about how nigerian men are ungrateful
grin
Find Out!:

See your mouth cheesy Like if you were Obi you'll really have the heart to say you don't like it at that point.lol. Later Ada will come on nairaland, open thread and start complaining about how nigerian men are ungrateful
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by Nobody: 1:09am On Apr 29, 2013
How about telling no lies at all?
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by klas(m): 1:46am On Apr 29, 2013
The issue of disclosing the number of past sex partners by a woman requires some diplomacy. I think it should depend on the age of the relationship. I won't like to hear from my 21 years old girl that I am number 10 on the second date just because she wants to say the truth. If I foolishly asked her such question so early in the relationship, she can parry it by saying " I have had my fair share of relationships but if any of them worked out well, I won't be here with you".

But if I asked in the second year of our relationship, I would have known her by then that even if she once ran the street, there may be many extenuating factors that I have discovered in her that will make such answer irrelevant or painless

1 Like

Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by lawizle(m): 1:58am On Apr 29, 2013
spotx: Shell,chevron,Agip e.t.c have website which you can search for on google then you can get the contact email of their resource personnel from there you can convince them on f your skill if you need further help let me know.

Wat of d post of a medical officer?
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by Ojigho: 5:55am On Apr 29, 2013
@anitank. My girlfriend not knowing how to cook is the least of my problems. I don't mean to blow my own trumpet or anything,but I cook,clean,do my laundry and handle most household chores comfortably. As long as she's honest enough to tell me she lacks in that department,and is willing to learn,that one na small thing.

1 Like

Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by Nobody: 5:59am On Apr 29, 2013
Find Out!:
See your mouth cheesy Like if you were Obi you'll really have the heart to say you don't like it at that point.lol. Later Ada will come on nairaland, open thread and start complaining about how nigerian men are ungrateful coz she saved and bought her boyfriend a shirt only for him to say he doesn't like it "just because it is striped!" *trust me she would have forgotten the preceding endearments and compliments*.

A smart and caring Obi will say ohh, he likes the shirt, its lovely (at least for that moment) and then will keep it at the back of his cupboard. One day, he may decide to try it on, looks into the mirror & is suddenly goes like "it's not so bad afterall"! he will have to lie because he knows that even the slightest hint that he doesnt like the shirt will dampen his Nwanyi Oma's feelings...something he so doesnt want.

Again, sometimes you have to tell a little lie just because you care about the other person's feelings...but they must be few and far between...& this 'privilege' must not be 'misused'. smiley

I believe you sha get my point by now smiley

*if you still don't, I'll just vex & drop another very possible real-life scenario that you won't be able to find an answer for soo easily grin*

[size=13pt]Lmao, well na you sabi. I'm an honest person. I don't like to hurt feelings, but I know that the truth is less painful than a lie. There have been times where I have been given gifts or other things and I expressed displeasure. My reaction wasn't what they expected, but it wasn't the end of the world either.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for the day you and I agree 100%. Aren't you tired of always being wrong? Lmao.[/size]
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by Nobody: 6:03am On Apr 29, 2013
passionate88: slightly gini?, if I hear!. She go para, break bottle plus tooth pick, she go tear her mary amaka skirt wear bum short. She go halla @ d top of her lungs make neighbours gather so that if Obi wan knack her for wetin she wan do d neighbours go hold am. Then she go start her display. A smart Obi go collect d shirt, wear am make she see am then keep am for wardrobe. Him fit dey wear am once in 2 wks.

[size=13pt]It depends on the Ada lol. If Obi is truly a man, then he need not hide behind a lie.[/size]
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by ceaz4r(m): 7:01am On Apr 29, 2013
adora4u1: It's good to always say the truth. But the problem is that most Nigerian men CAN'T handle the truth!

Why should you ladies even mess up so much that we men can't handle your so called 'truth' ?

1 Like

Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 29, 2013
This is a good piece piece,l tell you.But l think its safer to keep a few things lost forever rather than baring them on the alter of love which inadvertently turn cold when the partner hears it.Truth is the humans finds it difficult handling sour truth,so why hurt them with it or destroy your chances of happiness.Old things have passed away,isnt that how they wrote it in the Holy book?
Re: 9 Things Never To Lie About In A Relationship by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 29, 2013
ceaz4r:

Why should you ladies even mess up so much that we men can't handle your so called 'truth' ?

Honest question. I guess they do it either for fun or undue favor or money.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'Nigerians Are Afraid Of Having Proper Sex' - Sex Therapist, Adunni / Lovers Who Met On An Instagram Comment Section Get Engaged / Common Things That Women Lie About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.