Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" (13403 Views)

Horrific Way I Discovered My Fiancee Is Not Only A Cheat But A Prostitute. / Let's Scrutinize This Maxim "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat" / Before Calling Your Boyfriend A Cheat Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Lexo22(m): 12:59pm On May 01, 2013
The very last time I checked my dictionary, there was/is nothing like a cheater. I know I only saw a cheat. So @ op what is the meaning of a cheater so that I can understand what I meant properly and subsequently make a comment.
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 01, 2013
@OP Normally I would say you can trust no one.

Not me. Not Your Mother.

Not even Yourself.

You can only hope your partner doesn't cheat.

In this case, the girl has already shown you that she WILL cheat under certain circumstances.

She has rationalized it to you- a prospective new partner.

So in this case, it is safe to TRUST in her ability to cheat....because she most definitely will.
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by kandiikane(m): 1:04pm On May 01, 2013
@lexoshattapu! You never see program call cheetah?

Op, please do not waste the girl's time if you're not going to trust her. The worst you can do is enter a relationship without trust. It's a waste of time and emotions so biko, don't bother.
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by babadey(m): 1:08pm On May 01, 2013
Not every persons dat once a cheat will always be. This is what me think, there is ₪ö reason to justify her reason to cheat while in her relationship. I swear,₪ö reason. If you don't like distance rela,speak out and if tins can't work,end it. For you to come online for this menh,you don't need her,jast let her be. If I was in her shoes and really I've repented,I would not tell you and promise masef not to ever never do it again cos when a guy/gal tells a typical nigerian his/her past menh,its leads to what the OP is doing know. How would she feels if she stumbles on this ur "can-I-trust-her" write-up dude?. If u feel the spirit of doubt will yield the rela esp you jast leave (by what u wrote) the sincere and repented babe.
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by virago(f): 1:08pm On May 01, 2013
Cheat/Cheater
Pyjamas/Pajamas
Plough/Plow
Programme/Program
Centre/Center
Fibre/Fiber
Travelled/Traveled
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by plendil: 1:13pm On May 01, 2013
While considered awkward by strict users of Standard British English (SBE), the word is very much accepted in American English. You guys should quit being such prudes.

cheater
Syllabification: (cheat·er)
Pronunciation: /CHētər/

Definition of cheater
noun
1a person who acts dishonestly in order to gain an advantage.
a person who cheats on a sexual partner.
2 (cheaters) informal a pair of glasses or sunglasses.

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/american_english/cheater

@OP, Once the forbidden fruit has been tasted, the longing for it will always persist. Whether or not the individual can overcome that crave for ''away matches'' will answer the question you posed. From experience though, they seldom do. . .
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by mrofficial2(m): 1:29pm On May 01, 2013
Well, undecided
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by uchebest2006(m): 1:32pm On May 01, 2013
wink :Dhuhhhhhh
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by 190: 1:45pm On May 01, 2013
i cannot categorically say anything on this now, because i might say one and my oga at the top will say another. Daz all!

2 Likes

Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by juwoonn(m): 1:46pm On May 01, 2013
Guess I'm still a leaner in this field....
serious issue.
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 01, 2013
NOTHING IS ETCHED ON BRASS
SHE CHEATS
U CAN CHEAT AS WELL
YALL CHEAT
AND EVERYTHING IS FINE
JUST MAKE SURE U WAX THAT AZZ
COS @ THE END OF THE DAY THE QUESTION WILL NOT BE
TO CHEAT OR NOT TO CHEAT
IT'LL BE DID U HIT IT?
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Diligence: 1:53pm On May 01, 2013
cheat·er/ˈtʃitər/ Show Spelled [chee-ter] Show IPA
noun
1. a person or thing that cheats.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cheater?s=t&path=/
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by dooch(m): 1:55pm On May 01, 2013
DnigerianPrince:
First time with a guy, second time with another. They eventually broke up and she attributed it to her ex finding out and breaking up with her and how she was also done,according to her, she wasn't getting enough attention, care and love and had been long over the relationship before it waas over.

If she misses the bolded again, bet it, she would cheat again. If you can't constantly get her that, am sorry don't go into it. BTW, ask her if she would cheat when she get a guy who still can't meet that requirements. #doubt if she would tell you the truth#

3 Likes

Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by DnigerianPrince: 1:58pm On May 01, 2013
Why are you you guys making this about spelling? I didn't even put this on the fp and my heading is all i have control over. Besides what does it matter if it's 'cheat' or 'cheater'?
I only need opinions on the subject matter and most have been on the spelling

baba dey: Not every persons dat once a cheat will always be. This is what me think, there is ₪ö reason to justify her reason to cheat while in her relationship. I swear,₪ö reason. If you don't like distance rela,speak out and if tins can't work,end it. For you to come online for this menh,you don't need her,jast let her be. If I was in her shoes and really I've repented,I would not tell you and promise masef not to ever never do it again cos when a guy/gal tells a typical nigerian his/her past menh,its leads to what the OP is doing know. How would she feels if she stumbles on this ur "can-I-trust-her" write-up dude?. If u feel the spirit of doubt will yield the rela esp you jast leave (by what u wrote) the sincere and repented babe.

I find it hard to understand you fully but i'm guessing you meant that i should give her the benefit?

emmysenior: At op! Are you a student in a higher institution? This sounds like campus stuff.

No, this is a real life situation of what i'm experiencing

kandiikane: @lexoshattapu! You never see program call cheetah?

Op, please do not waste the girl's time if you're not going to trust her. The worst you can do is enter a relationship without trust. It's a waste of time and emotions so biko, don't bother.

I do trust her but that revelation raised some questions, i don't wanna be cheated on because i don't cheat on my girl
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by DnigerianPrince: 2:00pm On May 01, 2013
I don't' want or need any justifications or assumptions from anyone about what my relationship with her is gonna be like.

All i wanna know is if you've ever cheated, are you prone to cheat again? I need people who have done it before to talk (it's anonymous anyway)
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Sike(m): 2:01pm On May 01, 2013
Not true jor!
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by WackyJ1(m): 2:03pm On May 01, 2013
Guy go and read my post in the first Page
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 01, 2013
She was away from her boyfriend for 3months and she cheated on him! What if the boyfriend travels for one year? She'd open a brothel, abi?
@op..You can date her but dnt think of marrying such a girl ,unless u wnt be travelling after marriage to her. What if as her husband u fall ill and it renders u incapable of 'performing' for a while?
B4 u fall in love with her, ask urself some questions. I am sure u dnt want to spend ur life thinking what ur wife is doing behind u.

2 Likes

Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Decryptor(m): 2:08pm On May 01, 2013
DnigerianPrince: I recently met this girl and she was honest enough to tell me that she cheated twice on her ex twice shocked

First time with a guy, second time with another. They eventually broke up and she attributed it to her ex finding out and breaking up with her and how she was also done, according to her, she wasn't getting enough attention, care and love and had been long over the relationship before it waas over. As a matter of fact, the guy has been begging her to come back which is kinda weird considering she cheated so, might be true about the neglect.

To be fair to her, it was a long distance relationship (same country) and the guy never for once attempted to see her for over 3 months.
She was very honest with me about everything and i'm not sure many girls will do that.

With that said, this girl likes me a lot and seems to be in love with me, i'm falling for her as well and she's said the ball is in my court. My fear is that i've been a victim of a serious infidelity in a relationship, my ex cheated on me which was shattering and left me scarred sad sad

It's been a long time since that and i've pretty much been single since my ex and i'm long over it but is this the right way to get back in the game? For those hwo have cheated in previous reltionships, do you see/find yourself doing it again?

Serious reponses only
@OP, just close ur eyes to fidelity ​in any future relationship. Any girl you date will definitly cheat on you (whether this one or another). Go on till u find a woman who is compatible for u to marry unlike me who won't cos i wanna live long! As for cheating, girls MUST CHEAT. It seems to be in vogue now amongst them
Well to answer your question, anyone who cheats for the first time will def do it a second, third, fourth till infinity times cos there is always a reason to cheat for those who do it and they'll keep on making reasons for it.
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by DnigerianPrince: 2:08pm On May 01, 2013
WackyJ1: Guy every girl is capable of cheating, it is in them whether they have done it or not, that we know (xThis is your girl when she is still with her ex and had not cheated), okay now we know that sometimes there can be tempatations that one cannot resist at times and this leads to cheating, when a girl has done is once and she is truly sorry she can decide not to do it again (This is your girl after she has cheated once on her ex), here we don't know whether the girl will cheat again though it likely that she will but there is still a chance, you just have to watch and then see what happens (ooops what happens, your girl cheats again). do you see the point i am trying to make?
Hey you could look at what caracta has said and decide to have faith or you can look t history and also consider the fact that sometimes appearing to come clean can also be a deception. Guy i will tell you something, it is not safe to hang on to only one babe even when the babe is good, talkless of one that has cheated twice before, guy forget confession matter, catholics confess all the time but sometimes they still repeat the smae sin (this is not a jibe at catholics just for analogical purposes).

summary of Advice: Watch your step with that girl, you have no proof that she has changed, all you have is proof that she can cheat and has done it before (twice on one guy). What a girl says is different than what she does until and unless proven otherwise

If i get you right you're advising i keep an open relationship with her? I'm at a point in my lie where i wanna settle down and she's at that point too but i wanna be sure i'm making the right decision.

I'm thinking of keeping her as a girlfriend for now and study her but i get what you mean about putting my eggs in one basket.

Thanks
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by DnigerianPrince: 2:09pm On May 01, 2013
Decryptor: @OP, just close ur eyes to fidelity ​in any future relationship. Any girl you date will definitly cheat on you (whether this one or another). Go on till u find a woman who is compatible for u to marry unlike me who won't cos i wanna live long! As for cheating, girls MUST CHEAT. It seems to be in vogue now amongst them

Are you saying every girl will cheat or every girl I get with will cheat? Which is it?
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 01, 2013
pekelepekele: A married woman ones cheated on her husband and promised herself never to go back into it . Her first reason was that the man she met that made her cheat on her husband wasn't even close to the performance of her husband in bed and even his joystick size is smaller to that of her husband.

Another married woman did the same . She cheated on her husband and promised herself to always do it and in fact she regret she hasn't been doing it for long . Her confession was that the new guy gives more attention and his joystick size together with his performance is superior to that of her husband.

The prayer I and my friends always do for ourselves when at the bar is what am going to pray for all male readers.

OLOKO NLA ONI BA IYAWO ESUN
I refuse to be killed by u I J N. Do u want my what I have eaten today to jump out tru my nose?
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by DnigerianPrince: 2:11pm On May 01, 2013
20pounds: She was away from her boyfriend for 3months and she cheated on him! What if the boyfriend travels for one year? She'd open a brothel, abi?
@op..You can date her but dnt think of marrying such a girl ,unless u wnt be travelling after marriage to her. What if as her husband u fall ill and it renders u incapable of 'performing' for a while?
B4 u fall in love with her, ask urself some questions. I am sure u dnt want to spend ur life thinking what ur wife is doing behind u.
No, they were in a long distance relationship and he never cared as much or bothered to see her, that's what she told me and another friend of hers corroborated the story. The guy is now begging to come bac which is strange.
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Orikinla(m): 2:13pm On May 01, 2013
From the cheats I know, It is true.
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 01, 2013
Caracta: She made a mistake she wasn't proud of (i guess). How would you have known if she didn't tell you? There are some things we do and question our actions later. I'm not trying to hold brief for her action(s)...but i think you should give her a chance. To make you feel better, don't get deeply involved and commited until you trust her again.
i dont think she regreted anytin...she backed up d act with reasons.... Guy shine ur eye, wen she does same 2u...dey would b reasons too....

1 Like

Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Decryptor(m): 2:14pm On May 01, 2013
DnigerianPrince:

Are you saying every girl will cheat or every girl I get with will cheat? Which is it?
Both! My opinion though!
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by DnigerianPrince: 2:17pm On May 01, 2013
Decryptor: Both! My opinion though!

Thank goodness everyone has an opinion, just like an asss that you just portrayed yourself to be
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 01, 2013
DnigerianPrince: I don't' want or need any justifications or assumptions from anyone about what my relationship with her is gonna be like.

All i wanna know is if you've ever cheated, are you prone to cheat again? I need people who have done it before to talk (it's anonymous anyway)

What are you saying? You want to find a justification and support here to be with her? It's up to u my brother. Fact is life is an irony. The bad girlz alwayz get the good guyz and bad guyz gets the good girlz. Oga, u already fell for her and there's nothing anybody sayz that can change that. So, you already got your answer afterall life is risk and full of uncertainties. Think for yourself and decide if she's the kinda girl u wanna settle with or have a relationship with and make your decision. Goodluck to you while at it.

2 Likes

Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by aesola: 2:20pm On May 01, 2013
I think u need to know d reason or what motivate her to cheat, or she just takes pleasure in open her leg for another man.
Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by Decryptor(m): 2:27pm On May 01, 2013
DnigerianPrince:

Thank goodness everyone has an opinion, just like an asss that you just portrayed yourself to be
What's your problem man? U came here with an issue and askd for answers which i gave my shot and now u insult me...if you had the answers, why ask ​In the first place? U must be a demented fooool. Keep asking questions about girls cheating instead of going to hustle and make dough! Anuofia nwuru anwu

2 Likes

Re: How True Is "Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?" by simdam500(m): 2:29pm On May 01, 2013
meanwhile change is constant(k)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ladies:would You Date Me? (picture) / TIME OUT With Naijaboiy And Jennimma - Mr. & Miss NL (live Interview) / Naked Challenge Begins Due To Corona Virus Lockdown (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.