Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions (15428 Views)

Mr Nairaland Contest 2015 - CAMPAIGN THREAD / Miss Nairaland 2015 Contest Complaints Thread / Romance Section Complaints and Suggestions Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 02, 2013
she said judges from other sections, I guess she meant people who are regulars in sections other than romance.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Sweetlemon(f): 4:47pm On May 02, 2013
Mynd_44: Erm, Mods from all sections? I don't think Sweetlemon realise how many mods and sections are on NL.

At least 8 mods from different sections will be just fine
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 02, 2013
Mynd_44: Erm, Mods from all sections? I don't think Sweetlemon realise how many mods and sections are on NL.

What she made is a suggestion.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Sweetlemon(f): 4:48pm On May 02, 2013
ItsModella: she said judges from other sections, I guess she meant people who are regulars in sections other than romance.
Yeah, come to think of it, they don't have to be mods, just respected members from other sections
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 02, 2013
Sweetlemon:
At least 8 mods from different sections will be just fine
That won't be necessary. The judges have been chosen already, save one.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 02, 2013
Sweetlemon:
Yeah, come to think of it, the don't have to be mods, just respected members from other sections
3 judges are politics and celebrity section regulars.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Mynd44: 4:50pm On May 02, 2013
ItsModella: she said judges from other sections, I guess she meant people who are regulars in sections other than romance.
Okay oooo.

I think the organisers should run adverts all over NL. You can enlist Rocktation here to help you raise awareness and open threads in all section telling people to enter else only peeps from romance will be involved in this thing

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 02, 2013
Mynd_44:
Okay oooo.

I think the organisers should run adverts all over NL. You can enlist Rocktation here to help you raise awareness and open threads in all section telling people to enter else only peeps from romance will be involved in this thing
We thought of that. Thanks for reminding.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Mynd44: 4:52pm On May 02, 2013
Sweetlemon:
Yeah, come to think of it, the don't have to be mods, just respected members from other sections
Mods can see things you can't ma'am. It will be great of the judges are mostly mods
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Sweetlemon(f): 4:53pm On May 02, 2013
sexkillz: 3 judges are politics and celebrity section regulars.
That's cool! Please there should be just 2 judges from the romance section......or one sef, so as to create space for other sections.

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Sweetlemon(f): 4:54pm On May 02, 2013
Mynd_44:
Mods can see things you can't ma'am. It will be great of the judges are mostly mods

Fine, the important thing is that they should come from at least 8 active sections on NL
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Mynd44: 4:55pm On May 02, 2013
Since we are still one judge shy, I nominate Rocktation. She will be great
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Idowuogbo(f): 5:10pm On May 02, 2013
i nominate itsmodella cheesy
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 02, 2013
Sweetlemon:

Thanks babe!
I know people will talk after this but oh well, I will say this to protect the potential contestants because I won't wish for my enemies what I went through during the last competition.
These are my suggestions:

1. Miss Nairaland cannot be truly Miss Nairaland when the Judges are only from the romance section. There should be one judge representing all the sections on NL to avoid the culture of follow-follow" voting and voting should be open to all NLers not just romance section folks. For Christ's sake, the pageant is called Miss Nairaland and not Miss Romance Section!!!!!
2. Like someone else suggested, seun (and all the judges from all the sections) should not be allowed to vote until a few minutes to the end. We all know that over 75% of Nlers do not have strong minds of their own!
3. Question and answer segment should be after the semi-finals. It should be done seperately from the finals so as to avoid confusion and disorder. There should be a different thread for this segment. Viewers and voters should be free to shoot questions at any contestants of their choice (provided the questions are decent and does not expose vital info of her private life) This segment is to enable the voters choose their winner based on how satifactorily their questions were answered.
THE JUDGES SHOULD NOT DECIEDE WHO WINS. THAT IS THE JOB OF THE ELECTORATE. THE JUDGES DUTY IS JUST TO ENSURE PEACE AND ORDER AND COUNT VOTES FAIRLY!!!!

If this pageant is handled properly, I see it becoming the most celebrated affair in Nigerian cyber space, turning contestants into celebrities over night!
Well done!

Can't wait to be an active voter.

Hmm...
Welcome back.
While i modified number two in my first post........ i didnt want to add the suggestions below but i guess i agree with you to an extent:

IMO, SEUN, all the MODs plus the judges should be banned from voting or passing some comments during this contest.
The last contest all i kept seeing was, since Seun did this and this one did that. And Seun himself and some selected MODS (i do not want to mention names) did not help matters with some of their comments and to an extent were biased. I know most people will not want to see or say the truth, but this i saw in last contest, because i took my time to read posts/comments. It just goes to show how much people can be swayed. If its possible Seun, All the MODS and judges + ORGANIZERS should JUST WATCH FROM THE SIDELINES!!! Then at the end, WHEN A WINNER HAS BEEN SELECTED, they can come and give their own VIEWS AND WHATEVER!!

And Yes, the judges should not just be KNOWN PEOPLE FROM THE ROMANCE SECTION!

But i guess we can conclude that the contest is for fun and should not be taken seriously !!!

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Mynd44: 5:12pm On May 02, 2013
Idowuogbo: i nominate itsmodella cheesy
She will be contesting jorh. Support Rocktation and get a pricegrin
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Mynd44: 5:16pm On May 02, 2013
@Ambeautiful, there are more than 40 mods on NL. Saying all mods be banned from voting is unfair. Na wetin na? Why must we blame the fact that some people are weak minded on those who influence them(that's if such influences exist sef) I strongly disagree with that.

The above was written cos I intend to vote and also campaign for someone although I don't know who yet(I am available for hire though)

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Caracta(f): 5:18pm On May 02, 2013
Things are getting better cheesy
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 02, 2013
Only the 5 judges/organisers are exempted from campaigning/voting.

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 02, 2013
Mynd_44:
who's contesting? me? not happening.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Idowuogbo(f): 5:23pm On May 02, 2013
Mynd_44:
I hardly see mama online joor!

Support mama obama abeg! God bless u! grin grin grin
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Idowuogbo(f): 5:23pm On May 02, 2013
ItsModella:
who's contesting? me? not happening.
Correct! grin
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 02, 2013
Idowuogbo:
I hardly see mama online joor!

Support mama obama abeg! God bless u! grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 02, 2013
@ Mynd44

But you would agree with me that some nairalanders actually look up to you MODS and SEUN too?
They look up to you Seun and you MODS and because they look up to you guys, they respect your opinions and would follow whatever you say. And when you look up to someone , it does not necessarily mean you are weak-minded! It just goes to show the deep respect you have for such a person/ admiration!!!
And you would also agree with me that some of you MODS went too far in the last competition?
I have no issues with a MOD campaigning and voting, but being biased as a MOD is uncalled for.
And should not be condoned in the next competition.

I too would also be voting and campaigning grin

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by omiobo: 5:38pm On May 02, 2013
Gbam!!!Fall from a tomato tree
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by BabaAlabi: 7:22pm On May 02, 2013
I want to be a judge too...Any lady who wants to progress in the competition should meet me privately for talks
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 7:56am On May 03, 2013
And how much is going to be given to the winners?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

"Who Is Fvcking Her?" / What Is A Blood Covenant / Has A Married Man Ever Flirted/hit On You??? Share Your Experience Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.