Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions (15444 Views)

Mr Nairaland Contest 2015 - CAMPAIGN THREAD / Miss Nairaland 2015 Contest Complaints Thread / Romance Section Complaints and Suggestions Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by EzePromoe: 12:45pm On May 02, 2013
xynerise: Hope Eze Promoe will share popcorn to us viewers? undecided
Yea, with gururu and shekpe cool
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 02, 2013
Nice ideas rolling in. I think the question should come after the semifinals, on the semifinal thread. They will answer the questions on that thread, and then, their answers would be posted alongside their other info and their pics so that frontpage voters would see their answers before voting for them in the finals.

This should be ok because only the finals will be on frontpage. If their answers are not on frontpage, the frontpage viewers won't really know what transpired in the semifinals, and again, I want the winner to be decided by public votes and not judges scores. Let the public read what you have "upstairs" and decide if you are worthy of the crown.

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by aniiii(f): 12:59pm On May 02, 2013
#########]]
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by luvmijeje(f): 1:50pm On May 02, 2013
sexkillz: Nice ideas rolling in. I think the question should come after the semifinals, on the semifinal thread. They will answer the questions on that thread, and then, their answers would be posted alongside their other info and their pics so that frontpage voters would see their answers before voting for them in the finals.

This should be ok because only the finals will be on frontpage. If their answers are not on frontpage, the frontpage viewers won't really know what transpired in the semifinals, and again, I want the winner to be decided by public votes and not judges scores. Let the public read what you have "upstairs" and decide if you are worthy of the crown.

I agree with this, the judges should try as much as possible to distance themselves from any accusation of being bias.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 02, 2013
Well, what a good opportunity !!!

I really cant go all out to read previous comments, but here are my suggestions:

1. No soliciting, campaigning, cajoling or whatever for contestants during the final round. The final round is for voting and voting alone. Any nairalander who decides to do any campaigning, cajoling, soliciting or whatever for any contestant on the final round, would reduce the marks of that contestant. Better still a separate thread should be created for that, WHILE THE FINAL ROUND VOTING THREAD SHOULD BE DIFFERENT. My reason for the above suggestion, is because of the final round of last year's competition that was so rowdy,DISORDERLY and so confusing!

2. A list of what and what the judges should be awarding marks (if they would be awarding marks though) for, should be made known to the general public.

3. Whether a contestant is wearing bumper shorts or a bikini is not a crime during beauty contests / in competitions such as this. I get irritated when i see comments like, she is naked, her laps are exposed,she has make-up and such. If you want strict guidelines for contestants on make-up and attire or whatever, give it and make it public before the contest. But then lets now not begin to castigate a contestant for putting on a certain attire or her appearance especially when there are no strict guidelines on it.

4. Contestants can choose to nominate themselves for the contest by indicating interest. This idea of picking nairalanders who have pictures randomly and then just nominating them is absurd. It should only be a second option when nobody indicates interest.

5. I think a prize or whatever should be attached to this contest no matter how little it is. It does not necessarily have to be money, or a big gift. Its not easy for someone to display pictures of themselves all over this site, generating heavy traffic/ entertaining millions and thousands of people and then at the end of the contest nothing. Seun please think about this end, i know you are quite smart and you would agree with me that the prize does not necessarily have to be money or involve so much money.

6. Any one that becomes Miss OR Mr Nairaland, should make his/her presence felt on nairaland. I know that the organizers of this contest say its strictly for fun and entertainment, but then i think that its not just enough to win, make your own impact, while you reign!

7. Next please serious minded, unbiased, sharp, smart and OBJECTIVE people should be judges!

Thank you!

3 Likes

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 02, 2013
Contestants should start getting their pictures ready. If you do not have a good camera, go to a professional digital photographer, take some nice pics and ask him to transfer them to your phone. Avoid heavy photoshopping though.

Nomination, acceptance and verification will start 2 weeks from today.

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Afam4eva(m): 2:22pm On May 02, 2013
How about giving the winner ofd everey edition to a Nairalander to marry. For instance the winner of this edition will marry Afam4eva then next winner will marry Gbawe and so on. It's just a suggestion anyway.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 02, 2013
^^^^

what the bloody hell? I take it that you're joking.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Afam4eva(m): 2:26pm On May 02, 2013
ItsModella: ^^^^

what the bloody hell? I take it that you're joking.
There are several people especially in the politics section that are looking for wives.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 02, 2013
Afam4eva: How about giving the winner ofd everey edition to a Nairalander to marry. For instance the winner of this edition will marry Afam4eva then next winner will marry Gbawe and so on. It's just a suggestion anyway.
It's a nice suggestion, if you can pay the Nairaland bride price to me, and 50,000 naira to everyone that voted her.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Florena(f): 2:27pm On May 02, 2013
Afam4eva: How about giving the winner ofd everey edition to a Nairalander to marry. For instance the winner of this edition will marry Afam4eva then next winner will marry Gbawe and so on. It's just a suggestion anyway.
what!!!!!
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Suprises: 2:28pm On May 02, 2013
sexkillz: Nice ideas rolling in. I think the question should come after the semifinals, on the semifinal thread. They will answer the questions on that thread, and then, their answers would be posted alongside their other info and their pics so that frontpage voters would see their answers before voting for them in the finals.

I want the winner to be decided by public votes and not judges scores. Let the public read what you have "upstairs" and decide if you are worthy of the crown.

I quiet agree with you.yeah,the winner should be decided by the public,judges are the ones to count the votes to avoid being bias.
Moreover,i think there is need to seek for sponsors inorder to encourage more people to participate in the contest. I believe there is always a price for such,so is adviceable we encourage sponsors. Thank you.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
There are several people especially in the politics section that are looking for wives.
Very well, be prepared to pay bride price.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Afam4eva(m): 2:32pm On May 02, 2013
sexkillz: It's a nice suggestion, if you can pay the Nairaland bride price to me, and 50,000 naira to everyone that voted her.
How much did you pay when you collobied Ogugua after she won the first edition.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 02, 2013
Suprises: I quiet agree with you.yeah,the winner should be decided by the public,judges are the ones to count the votes to avoid being bias.
Moreover,i think there is need to seek for sponsors inorder to encourage more people to participate in the contest. I believe there is always a price for such,so is adviceable we encourage sponsors. Thank you.
In as much as your suggesting a price for the winner and for sponsors to get involved is quite nice, it cannot be carried through because the idea of a sponsor is not agreeable to the admin. We have a willing sponsor already. :
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
How much did you pay when you collobied Ogugua after she won the first edition.
I paid the money to myself. tongue
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Suprises: 2:39pm On May 02, 2013
Lol...guy if u wan marry go look for wife,please don't scare contestants away with this kind of ideas.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 02, 2013
AmBeautiful: Well, what a good opportunity !!!

I really cant go all out to read previous comments, but here are my suggestions:

1. No soliciting, campaigning, cajoling or whatever for contestants during the final round. The final round is for voting and voting alone. Any nairalander who decides to do any campaigning, cajoling, soliciting or whatever for any contestant on the final round, would reduce the marks of that contestant. Better still a separate thread should be created for that, WHILE THE FINAL ROUND VOTING THREAD SHOULD BE DIFFERENT. My reason for the above suggestion, is because of the final round of last year's competition that was so rowdy,DISORDERLY and so confusing!

2. A list of what and what the judges should be awarding marks (if they would be awarding marks though) for, should be made known to the general public.

3. Beauty pageants is not solely determined by whether a contestant is wearing bumper shorts or a bikini. I get irritated when i see comments like, she is naked, her laps are exposed,she has make-up and such. If you want strict guidelines for contestants on make-up and attire or whatever, give it and make it public before the contest. But then lets now not begin to castigate a contestant for putting on a certain attire or her appearance especially when there are no strict guidelines on it.

4. Contestants can choose to nominate themselves for the contest by indicating interest. This idea of picking nairalanders who have pictures randomly and then just nominating them is absurd. It should only be a second option when nobody indicates interest.

5. I think a prize or whatever should be attached to this contest no matter how little it is. It does not necessarily have to be money, or a big gift. Its not easy for someone to display pictures of themselves all over this site, generating heavy traffic/ entertaining millions and thousands of people and then at the end of the contest nothing. Seun please think about this end, i know you are quite smart and you would agree with me that the prize does not necessarily have to be money or involve so much money.

6. Any one that becomes Miss OR Mr Nairaland, should make his/her presence felt on nairaland. I know that the organizers of this contest say its strictly for fun and entertainment, but then i think that its not just enough to win, make your own impact, while you reign!

7. Next please serious minded, unbiased, sharp, smart and OBJECTIVE people should be judges!

Thank you!
Thank you. It will be looked into and a balance struck. We are trying to satisfy everyone.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Obinoscopy(m): 2:43pm On May 02, 2013
sexkillz: In as much as your suggesting a price for the winner and for sponsors to get involved is quite nice, it cannot be carried through because the idea of a sponsor is not agreeable to the admin. We have a willing sponsor already. :
Hmmmm
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Suprises: 3:04pm On May 02, 2013
sexkillz: In as much as your suggesting a price for the winner and for sponsors to get involved is quite nice, it cannot be carried through because the idea of a sponsor is not agreeable to the admin. We have a willing sponsor already. :
Okay,since the admin is not comfortable with the idea of involving sponsors.what of a scenario whereby an individual decides to reward the winner...hope that won't be against his idea?
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by aniiii(f): 3:33pm On May 02, 2013
####
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Inik(m): 3:41pm On May 02, 2013
Can a person with only 5 posts on nairaland enter into the competition?
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by aniiii(f): 3:43pm On May 02, 2013
###
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 02, 2013
Inik: Can a person with only 5 posts on nairaland enter into the competition?

I think so, as long as the person registered before May 1st.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 02, 2013
Inik: Can a person with only 5 posts on nairaland enter into the competition?
depending on when he/she registered.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 02, 2013
aniiii:

you have to be registered before the 1st of may to participate

i read it earlier
sad i wont be in it sad

U may be eligible for the December edition.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Inik(m): 4:04pm On May 02, 2013
aniiii:

you have to be registered before the 1st of may to participate

i read it earlier
sad i wont be in it sad

Alrite, you will win next edition wink

CFCfan:

I think so, as long as the person registered before May 1st.
Thanks

sexkillz: depending on when he/she registered.

I"ll invite a female friend to contest, she registered b4 the deadline.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by fruityjojo(f): 4:15pm On May 02, 2013
How abt Seun should not be allowed 2 vote till d show is almost ova. Cos I kinda followed last yrs competitn as a guest nd Seun's vote affected a lot of vote with sm1 sayin "since d oga voted 4 dat person then I 2 will vote 4 dat person" just a suggestion dnt eat me raw. Thnks grin.

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by aniiii(f): 4:21pm On May 02, 2013
CFCfan:

U may be eligible for the December edition.

really !!!!!!!!! wooohoooo cant wait
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Sweetlemon(f): 4:40pm On May 02, 2013
t
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Sweetlemon(f): 4:41pm On May 02, 2013
AmBeautiful: Well, what a good opportunity !!!

3. Beauty pageants is not solely determined by whether a contestant is wearing bumper shorts or a bikini. I get irritated when i see comments like, she is naked, her laps are exposed,she has make-up and such. If you want strict guidelines for contestants on make-up and attire or whatever, give it and make it public before the contest. But then lets now not begin to castigate a contestant for putting on a certain attire or her appearance especially when there are no strict guidelines on it.

Thank you!

Thanks babe!
I know people will talk after this but oh well, I will say this to protect the potential contestants because I won't wish for my enemies what I went through during the last competition.
These are my suggestions:

1. Miss Nairaland cannot be truly Miss Nairaland when the Judges are only from the romance section. There should be one judge representing all the sections on NL to avoid the culture of follow-follow" voting and voting should be open to all NLers not just romance section folks. For Christ's sake, the pageant is called Miss Nairaland and not Miss Romance Section!!!!!
2. Like someone else suggested, seun (and all the judges from all the sections) should not be allowed to vote until a few minutes to the end. We all know that over 75% of Nlers do not have strong minds of their own!
3. Question and answer segment should be after the semi-finals. It should be done seperately from the finals so as to avoid confusion and disorder. There should be a different thread for this segment. Viewers and voters should be free to shoot questions at any contestants of their choice (provided the questions are decent and does not expose vital info of her private life) This segment is to enable the voters choose their winner based on how satifactorily their questions were answered.
THE JUDGES SHOULD NOT DECIEDE WHO WINS. THAT IS THE JOB OF THE ELECTORATE. THE JUDGES DUTY IS JUST TO ENSURE PEACE AND ORDER AND COUNT VOTES FAIRLY!!!!

If this pageant is handled properly, I see it becoming the most celebrated affair in Nigerian cyber space, turning contestants into celebrities over night!
Well done!

Can't wait to be an active voter.

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Mynd44: 4:45pm On May 02, 2013
Erm, Mods from all sections? I don't think Sweetlemon realise how many mods and sections are on NL.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? / Man Marries Man In Ghana / Sapiosexuality: My Profound Attraction Towards Intelligent Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.