Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions (15426 Views)

Mr Nairaland Contest 2015 - CAMPAIGN THREAD / Miss Nairaland 2015 Contest Complaints Thread / Romance Section Complaints and Suggestions Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 01, 2013
luvmijeje: I'm suggesting all those that make it to the final, should be asked a uniform questions on their views about issues I.e BEAUTY+INTELLIGENT. Also they should also be ask project that will be carry-out during their reign I.e.BEAUTY WITH PURPOSE.

[size=13pt]Oooh, thanks for reminding me. I think other members suggested this in previous contests actually.

1. Getting to know members
-maybe a Q&A session

One thing about that though, imagine nominees being bombarded by questions from numerous members. If that happens, maybe forwarding questions to judges would be the best option.

As for duties/responsibilities of winners, maybe others can chip in.[/size]
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by cowgurl: 5:21pm On May 01, 2013
luvmijeje: I'm suggesting all those that make it to the final, should be asked a uniform questions on their views about issues I.e BEAUTY+INTELLIGENT. Also they should also be ask project that will be carry-out during their reign I.e.BEAUTY WITH PURPOSE.

Another Endorsement, answers should be given in voice notes.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by dopeJemi: 5:21pm On May 01, 2013

just incase I decide 2 contest.. I don't think I can take a picture hoLding a piece of paper, cuz its gonna be a littLe bit stressfuL 4 Me.. I mean, u guys know me, u've seen my face, I contested d Last time, so u shud know if I upLoad sum1 else's picture... Una know hau many times I dey snap picture b4 I dey pick d 1s wey fine, I fit snap like 20 pictures buh na onLy 2 go fine.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by luvmijeje(f): 5:25pm On May 01, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Oooh, thanks for reminding me. I think other members suggested this in previous contests actually.

1. Getting to know members
-maybe a Q&A session

One thing about that though, imagine nominees being bombarded by questions from numerous members. If that happens, maybe forwarding questions to judges would be the best option.

As for duties/responsibilities of winners, maybe others can chip in.[/size]
I'm thinking d questions should be set by the panel of judges and it should be uniform.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by DExplorer1: 5:27pm On May 01, 2013
dopeJemi:

just incase I decide 2 contest.. I don't think I can take a picture hoLding a piece of paper, cuz its gonna be a littLe bit stressfuL 4 Me.. I mean, u guys know me, u've seen my face, I contested d Last time, so u shud know if I upLoad sum1 else's picture... Una know hau many times I dey snap picture b4 I dey pick d 1s wey fine, I fit snap like 20 pictures buh na onLy 2 go fine.
LOL
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 01, 2013
dopeJemi:

The photo won't be made public. It doesn't have to be fine. For fairness, no one will be eXempted from this verification. But come December, those who are verified now will be exempted from another verification
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 01, 2013
luvmijeje: I'm thinking d questions should be set by the panel of judges and it should be uniform.

[size=13pt]Same questions for everyone? Makes sense.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by DExplorer1: 5:32pm On May 01, 2013
luvmijeje:
I'm thinking d questions should be set by the panel of judges and it should be uniform.
I'm thinking why uniform? Why not different questions; that kind of question that could turn contestants into a stammerer.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by dopeJemi: 5:33pm On May 01, 2013
sexkillz: The photo won't be made public. It doesn't have to be fine. For fairness, no one will be eXempted from this verification. But come December, those who are verified now will be exempted from another verification

Okay oh, d reason why I dey taLk Like dat na because I no go fit access my emaiL with my phone and I no get Lappy

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 01, 2013
This is not an interview session, the best thing to do is ask the finalists uniform questions maybe 3 or 4.
Hence the voters know their questions are invalid, in fact it erases the option of the candidates being opened to any questions apart from the ones already stated.

Asking different questions only give room for "perceived partiality" A candidate might begin to feel his/her questions are harder than the questions posed to another candidate.

Getting to know who?? The only person we getting to know is the winner undecided

@cowgurl: lol, I felt same......ileke/Texas.cowgirl is my self appointed judge grin

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 5:50pm On May 01, 2013
[size=13pt]What if members who made it to the voting rounds had a very brief bio with their pictures, to at least personalize them a bit?

Uniform questions would be in the final round I'm assuming. Either the judges can come up with the uniform questions or members can suggest possible questions here and we pick the best ones.

Only the winners should get a full interview and q&a session.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by DExplorer1: 5:52pm On May 01, 2013
If i knew the question you gonna ask me, i'd prepare a perfect answer.

I suggest all contestants should be asked different questions to affirm if the brain truly goes with the beauty. The judges gonna score their answers.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 01, 2013
D-Explorer:

I suggest all contestants should be asked different questions to affirm if the brain truly goes with the beauty. The judges gonna score their answers.

[size=13pt]Would questions and answers take place on the forum or they get questions in an email and reply that way?[/size]

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by dopeJemi: 5:55pm On May 01, 2013

Mathematics questions, engLish questions or chemistry and physics questions??
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 01, 2013
D-Explorer:

It'll be too rowdy.

On a thread you have campaigners, voting going on, chit chats, questions from various members, contestants trying to answer all of them, to affirm their brain. That's pure chaos.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by dopeJemi: 6:00pm On May 01, 2013

dis Q&A thing is gonna be a big disadvantage 4 sum peopLe, it cud even make some peopLe withdraw 4rm d competition cuz no be everybody wey fine na get big brain, wah if u ask dem a question and dey faiL, wah wilL happen next
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by DExplorer1: 6:00pm On May 01, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Would questions and answers take place on the forum or they get questions in an email and reply that way?[/size]
Here should be a good place. I also suggest we ask only the final 5 contestants these questions.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by DExplorer1: 6:03pm On May 01, 2013
sexkillz: It'll be too rowdy.

On a thread you have campaigners, voting going on, chit chats, questions from various members, contestants trying to answer all of them, to affirm their brain. That's pure chaos.

I meant the final contestants.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Caseless: 6:04pm On May 01, 2013
dopeJemi:

falls from yacht..
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 01, 2013
If there is still need for more female judges I norminate Myselfsmiley

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Idowuogbo(f): 6:09pm On May 01, 2013
baibijay: If there is still need for more female judges I norminate Myselfsmiley
join queue
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by cdamsel(f): 6:13pm On May 01, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]What we were thinking of is having contestants use photos of themselves with their username on paper as a verification method. What do you think?[/size]
hw does dis help wit d verification process,just curious
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 01, 2013
Idowuogbo:
join queue
ok na, after you!smiley
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 6:16pm On May 01, 2013
D-Explorer:

I meant the final contestants.
That's what I meant too bro. It would be on FP and everyone will want to ask questions and expect answers at the same time all in the name of questioning contestants. Not cool.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 01, 2013
sexkills, what do u say?
you still need extra judges?
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by EzePromoe: 6:22pm On May 01, 2013
Idowuogbo:
lmfao! meanie!!!!!
lipsrsealed
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by cdamsel(f): 6:24pm On May 01, 2013
Idowuogbo:
lmfao! meanie!!!!!
e reach 2 ask oh,eze wetin u mean na undecided
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 01, 2013
baibijay: sexkills, what do u say?
you still need extra judges?
Yes one female. We are yet to decide who.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Caseless: 6:27pm On May 01, 2013
baibijay: If there is still need for more female judges I norminate Myselfsmiley
u are noted!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Has A Married Man Ever Flirted/hit On You??? Share Your Experience Girls / "Who Is Fvcking Her?" / What Is A Blood Covenant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.