Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. (31808 Views)

Being Romantic Or Being Foolish? / Pastor Bisi Adewale Reveals 16 Foolish Things Girls Do In The Name Of Love / The Foolish Things Ladies Do For Love...(a Must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by Inik(m): 3:30pm On May 02, 2013
Facebook used to be the ish but not anymore now. These days i only go on facebook to chat with friends and to post links.

11. Stop posting random pictures on your timeline. People post too many pictures on facebook these days, you go to a friend's timeline and you find it cluttered with all sorts of pictures. We are not really interested in seeing pictures of you taking a shit in the toilet, pictures of you sleeping etc. There is instagram to take care of that.
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by Archmed(m): 3:32pm On May 02, 2013
we love Efizzy
we are Nigerians.
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by jubrealguy(m): 3:36pm On May 02, 2013
Lagusta: Facebook is dead or dying... NAIRALAND ROCKS!!!!! grin grin grin
guy, u nor lie at all
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by Emphasis(m): 3:48pm On May 02, 2013
@porter great article up here, but i disagree with you on number 9(ADDING TO MANY PEOPLE YOU DONT CHAT WITH). This should be a matter of choice depending on why you are using facebook and what you want out of it.
Facebook is an interactive forum, most of us go there to have fun, get informed, impart knowledge and vice versa, read updates, react to interesting updates etc. Chatting is insignificant in my opinion.

For me the more friends i add, the more i'm exposed to information and understanding of people. Am not obligated to establish a close rapport with anybody, there will always be a difference between your facebook friends and your real friends.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by francismillz(m): 3:51pm On May 02, 2013
Timbi: Which one is facebook again?
Go ask google, undecided
Timbi: Which one is facebook again?
Go ask google,
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by OKOABENI(m): 3:55pm On May 02, 2013
My facebook friend is only 56.i like nairaland and naij.com.facebook is boring to me
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by Emphasis(m): 3:55pm On May 02, 2013
Facebook is a social networking site, people with anti-social mentality wont enjoy it.
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by fonssy(f): 4:01pm On May 02, 2013
Girls stop posing with duck-face and peace sign on fb

Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by yemmit90: 4:03pm On May 02, 2013
@op, you should have said "be honest while on FB".

Honestly that no.1 is quite annoying. Some guys are just too dull or silly.
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by moffat(m): 4:09pm On May 02, 2013
Bravooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by Emphasis(m): 4:14pm On May 02, 2013
yemmit90: @op, you should have said "be honest while on FB".

Honestly that no.1 is quite annoying. Some guys are just too dull or silly.

As much as i find it annoying too, but its not totally wrong. I see nothing wrong in thanking people for giving you the chance to share in their world. May be Its just politeness taken too far, lol.
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by lafuria1(m): 4:24pm On May 02, 2013
facebook is one of the highest employers of labour in Nigeria grin, abeg free them. i know people who dislike nairaland or have no idea what it is.
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by DerFuhrer: 4:27pm On May 02, 2013
The Op left out the one I find most annoying and disturbing. Certain fake pages on Facebook that come up with a poorly constructed piece of fiction and says some baloney prayer at the forcing thousands of miracle-seeking naive Nigerian to type "Amen". Sometimes you see a page like "sex gist in Enugu" asking people to type "amen" to a post, I find that ridiculous.

10 Likes

Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by yemmit90: 4:33pm On May 02, 2013
Emphasis:

As much as i find it annoying too, but its not totally wrong. I see nothing wrong in thanking people for giving you the chance to share in their world. May be Its just politeness taken too far, lol.

Sir, the phrase 'thank for accepting me' make a guy look like someone with low self-esteem or one who lack confidence to a lady. To me,it's better to say, nice to have you as a friend or simply put, nice to be your friend.

Well,you may be right by your last sentence.
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by balogunsam(m): 4:36pm On May 02, 2013
ItsModella: erm, facebook has video chat? where have I been?

Huh. Hehehehe.... Yes it does o.
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by JoanJohnson(f): 4:47pm On May 02, 2013
Facebook sucks, i've had the bad, ugly and worst of it. Currently hibernated on facebook.
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by antontech(m): 4:50pm On May 02, 2013
ItsModella: erm, facebook has video chat? where have I been?
are u serious?
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 02, 2013
balogunsam:

Huh. Hehehehe.... Yes it does o.
antontech: are u serious?
lool!! I'm not joking, I really didn't know.
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by forkinsonlolo(m): 4:55pm On May 02, 2013
fonssy: Girls stop posing with duck-face and peace sign on fb

Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by simplifier(f): 4:56pm On May 02, 2013
Der_Fuhrer: The Op left out the one I find most annoying and disturbing. Certain fake pages on Facebook that come up with a poorly constructed piece of fiction and says some baloney prayer at the forcing thousands of miracle-seeking naive Nigerian to type "Amen". Sometimes you see a page like "sex gist in Enugu" asking people to type "amen" to a post, I find that ridiculous.
I find such post irritating
Saying one thing and doing the exact opposite
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by Donkaro: 5:05pm On May 02, 2013
wetin consign u consign wetin people write u no face ur nairaland?
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 02, 2013
My facebook wife.
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by Bofemsky(f): 5:15pm On May 02, 2013
The one I hate most is 9, people will send you friend request after accepting, zip, you won't here from them again. I just block people like dat.
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by yommy2sure(m): 5:15pm On May 02, 2013
The most annoying is tagging me in a picture I'm not in making me get unnecessary notifications. Abeg!!!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by Bofemsky(f): 5:30pm On May 02, 2013
fubbyy: @ op your write up is a crap, facebook is just a social network, there shouldn't be any rule to it, its not an institution where you gat certificate @ the end
You are the one that is talking crap; so because it's a social network media , you shouldn't mind your/ have any manners? Or you think because its a social network media it is acceptable for you to exhibit your childish tendencies? Nonsense!
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by Pennywise(m): 5:30pm On May 02, 2013
yommy2sure: The most annoying is tagging me in a picture I'm not in making me get unnecessary notifications. Abeg!!!!!
U simply untag yourself. That is another beauty of fbk. It took me a while to understand that bit and it almost cost me a valued friendship bc I had to insist that the person remove the pix.
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by Indifferent(m): 5:30pm On May 02, 2013
What of tagging people u don't knw on every picture u add
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by Ezeufi: 5:36pm On May 02, 2013
There is is only one thing to avoid about facebook, and that s the facebook itself.
Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by richard10: 5:46pm On May 02, 2013
fb is also a place i see as very dangerous if you are not carefull,i know marriages that have been broken because of facebook,fb in itself is not bad it is the way folks use it especaily nigerians,imagine someone who has a grugde against you insulting you on your wall for your friends,fake ones,family,inlaws to see,i tell you anyone can bring you down by just writing lies on your wall.
even if at the end of the day the lies are proved to be lies,who goes back to tell your friends friends and so on,the damage would have been done

1 Like

Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by Nuzo1(m): 5:52pm On May 02, 2013
After the times of Hi5/Myspace to my first year on Facebook, I slowed down my activities on social media until further notice.

However, its very clear that some people's lives revolve around social media. It has kept them happy and going when "real" life friends have abandoned them. These set of people should be left to go about Facebooking the way that makes them happy.

Meanwhile, my current Facebook status reads "Yatch tinz". cool

Deal with it op! angry

1 Like

Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 02, 2013
fubbyy: @ op your write up is a crap, facebook is just a social network, there shouldn't be any rule to it, its not an institution where you gat certificate @ the end
Really?! What the OP is saying is absolutely true, facebook being a social network doesn't mean you shouldn't behave properly.
In addition to that, there's something else i've noticed on facebook....people liking their own updates, it just doesn't make sense to me. To me, it's like giving yourself a high-five in public, though i stand to be corrected!

1 Like

Re: 10 Foolish Things To Avoid On Facebook. by albacete(m): 5:59pm On May 02, 2013
Victoriousvic: Really?! What the OP is saying is absolutely true, facebook being a social network doesn't mean you shouldn't behave properly.
In addition to that, there's something else i've noticed on facebook....people liking their own updates, it just doesn't make sense to me. To me, it's like giving yourself a high-five in public, though i stand to be corrected!

For real?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Landlord’s 16year Old Girl Is A Sex Monster / Who Sits In Front: Your Girlfriend Or Bestfriend? / Lady Surprises Her Boyfriend With A Plot Of Land On His Birthday (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.