Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here (25172 Views)

Alfred Okugbeni Speaks On The Challenges Of The Haulage Industry In Nigeria / Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone / Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Transport Dangote Cement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by stpat1(m): 4:51pm On May 03, 2013
We have decided to Open a thread for interested partners who are interested in investing in he Haulage biz to meet here so we can discuss openly and this avenue will make it easier for ideas and opinions to be vetted and scrutinized in the best interest of the biz.

The Vision
To be a renown support partner in offering logistic and haulage solutions to construction companies in the country. To have a fleet of Trucks and Machinery to deliver quality support in quality time.

How we hope to achieve our goal

We are inviting investors to come together, to pool our resources and expertise together and grow to an enviable height within the shortest possible time.

What We Need

For a start we are looking to acquiring a minimum of 3 trucks of 30 tons to take care of existing contracts on ground. I am convincingly sure that within the short time, we shall grow to a height everyone will want to reckon with.

We have about 4 interested people already and we decide to make our discussion here open for everyone to be able to join in and make contribution or constructive criticism.

@peacemaker
@chukwuwike2ny
@oduz
@isokai

Pls feel free to contribute here and let's work this out.

Breakdown of How It will Work.
There will be 2 options.

(1) PARTNERS
(2) INVESTORS

PARTNERS
The profit is shared in % of how much was invested.

If Investor A invests #1,000,000, investor B invests #500,000 and investor C invests #100,000. Total = #1,600,000. So #1,600,000 divided by 100 = #16,000

This means that Investor A's investment is 62.5% of the total investment, Investor B's investment is 31.25% of the total investment while investor C's investment is 6.25%.

20% of the profit is set aside for maintenance, Tax and other expenditure.

For Example,

If the profit for the month is #1,000,000.
#200,000 is set aside for Maintenance, Tax etc making #800,000 available to shared amongst Partners.

So
Investor A will get #500,000.
Investor B will get #250,000
Investor C will get #50,000

INVESTOR

The Investor is given an agreed fixed % of invested funds as ROI (Return on Investment) monthly. This investor is also free to withdraw the principal fund invested over an agreed period of time.

Example

If the agreed ROI is 5% monthly of invested funds, and the principal refunded after 10 months.

If #500,00 was invested, then the investor gets #25,000 monthly and #525,000 at the end of the 10th month.

This is just my own Opinion. Feel free to contribute.

2 Likes

Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by richling77(m): 5:03pm On May 03, 2013
[b][/b]
Where are thε mentioned participants?

1 Like

Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by chukwuwike2ny(m): 5:39pm On May 03, 2013
richling77: [b][/b]
Where are thε mentioned participants?
I'm one!
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by chukwuwike2ny(m): 6:10pm On May 03, 2013
stpat1: We have decided to Open a thread for interested partners who are interested in investing in he Haulage biz to meet here so we can discuss openly and this avenue will make it easier for ideas and opinions to be vetted and scrutinized in the best interest of the biz.

The Vision
To be a renown support partner in offering logistic and haulage solutions to construction companies in the country. To have a fleet of Trucks and Machinery to deliver quality support in quality time.

How we hope to achieve our goal

We are inviting investors to come together, to pool our resources and expertise together and grow to an enviable height within the shortest possible time.

What We Need

For a start we are looking to acquiring a minimum of 3 trucks of 30 tons to take care of existing contracts on ground. I am convincingly sure that within the short time, we shall grow to a height everyone will want to reckon with.

We have about 4 interested people already and we decide to make our discussion here open for everyone to be able to join in and make contribution or constructive criticism.

@peacemaker
@engr
@olu
@isokai

Pls feel free to contribute here and let's work this out.

Breakdown of How It will Work.
There will be 2 options.

OPTION 1
The profit is shared in % of how much was invested.
Example;

If investor A invests 1,000,000, investor B invests 500,000 and investor C invests 100,000. Total = 1,600,000. So 1,600,000 divided by 100 = 16,000

This means that Investor A's investment is 62.5% of the total investment, Investor B's investment is 31.25% of the total investment while investor C's investment is 6.25%.

10% of the profit is set aside for maintenance and other expenditure.
If the profit for the month is 1,000,000.
100,000 is set aside making 900,000 available to shared.

So
Investor A will get 562,000.
Investor B will get 281,250
Investor C will get 56,250

OPTION 2

The investor is given an agreed fixed % of invested funds as ROI (Return on Investment) monthly. This investor is also free to withdraw the principal fund invested over an agreed period of time.

Example if the agreed amount is 10 % of invested funds, and the principal refunded after 10 months.

If 500,00 was invested, then the investor gets 50,000 monthly and 550,000 at the end of 10 months.

This is just my own Opinion. Feel free to contribute.

Good! Are you thinking of an offline meeting as well cos its very neccesary.
2. Who are the managers? What are they promissing? Can they meet up with their promise? If they can, how? We need to know!
Also, informations like the cost of truck, min/max amount that can be maid per time with it, etc will give a better understanding and allow the house to know wether or not the plans is realisable! smiley
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by stpat1(m): 11:58pm On May 03, 2013
Ok. I believe there should be 2 experienced managers. I will be one of the managers, by this it doesn't mean I have access to funds at my beck and call cos there must be at least 2 other signatory for funds to be released. We will also have an office rep.

As a manager, I will be responsible for the coordination of the trucks and human resources and will also be saddled with the responsibility of getting the most profitable jobs for our trucks (which by God's grace is always available), estimate repairs and maintenance of the trucks etc.

For the cost of the trucks, A good truck should go for about 3.5m - 4m for Mack 25 - 30 ton trucks.

For the jobs. There are different offers on ground now but let me use what can be earned on the least.
the max that be made can be put at say 45k - 50k

The least that can be earned by a sound truck daily is 25,000. So for a week we should have 150,000, for a month it will be 600,000.

Did I answer your question?
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by hartland(m): 1:50am On May 04, 2013
am Alex from Rivers am interested in what offering. plz hit me up wit uniqueboyy2k@yahoo.com or 08083726882 so we can talk more.
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by oloyedayo(m): 4:04am On May 04, 2013
Gud idea, what is the minimum investment that u expect from an investor?
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by stpat1(m): 4:54am On May 04, 2013
@Alex, @oloyedayo

There is no minimum amount to be invested. That is why I explained that the profit is to be shared in percentage. Or if you choose the second option of having a fixed % of return on investment.
Its a win win situation.

Welcome on board.
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by godello: 6:19am On May 04, 2013
What will happen if the truck damage for high repair bills?
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by stpat1(m): 7:21am On May 04, 2013
@godelo. If you read the first post, I mentioned that 10% of the earnings are set aside for maintenance and other unforeseen occurrences. So whether the trucks break down or not, the money must be set aside.
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by chukwuwike2ny(m): 9:52pm On May 04, 2013
stpat1: Ok. I believe there should be 2 experienced managers. I will be one of the managers, by this it doesn't mean I have access to funds at my beck and call cos there must be at least 2 other signatory for funds to be released. We will also have an office rep.

As a manager, I will be responsible for the coordination of the trucks and human resources and will also be saddled with the responsibility of getting the most profitable jobs for our trucks (which by God's grace is always available), estimate repairs and maintenance of the trucks etc.

For the cost of the trucks, A good truck should go for about 3.5m - 4m for Mack 25 - 30 ton trucks.

For the jobs. There are different offers on ground now but let me use what can be earned on the least.

The least that can be earned by a sound truck daily is 25,000. So for a week we should have 150,000, for a month it will be 600,000.

Did I answer your question?

Yes you did to an extent!
But Understand something, option 1 is a sort of partnership business (company) and option 2 Is a kind of mutual investment with a fixed ROI. My adviced is a combination of both options. Most investors will like to go with option 2 cos if or not there is profit, they will still get their ROI and also becouse it provides room for exit! But might not be encourage to invest if there is none already existing asset and that is where option 1 comes into play!
So you have to look for those investors that believe most in your dream/plan, have a chat with them online and offline. Apart from management and mentainance of the trucks, this ones will be helpful in areas you might not be too conversant with or other aspect that will be too much for you alone to handle ie:legals, financials administrations etc.

1 Like

Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by stpat1(m): 6:00am On May 05, 2013
Both Options are available. The choice is up to the investor.
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by godello: 6:29am On May 05, 2013
I hav interest hook me up on 08068614773. BB 281B9C79
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by jamace(m): 7:27am On May 05, 2013
Keep In View.

1 Like

Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by kedukc(m): 4:00pm On May 05, 2013
Subscribed
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 05, 2013
I am interested. I also work in a logistics company. I am ready to make valuable impact. Reach me †*************
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 05, 2013
This is indeed a great idea...kudos to whoever brought up the idea because I had been clamouring for this...I even suggested a nairaland investor group, which I suggested to Seun but a member discouraged it...kudos to the initiators once again...

Now, as someone with much experience in haulage/transport/logistics business in Nigeria, I think I can be of help to you guys in certain areas.

First, if you guys want to be hauling for Total Oil here in Lagos, I can help you guys to get through. And remember, if you guys want to be hauling for total oil, you need a sound tractor or truck head as laymen call it. And a tanker back...

You must be ready to abide strictly by total speed limit, else, your truck will be banned and u won't be lifting for them again cos they are very conscious of safety and life.

Remember, most Nigerian truck drivers love overspeeding, so you guys would need a special device which I can provide for you through my nigeria/uk partner company...and you will also need tracking installed on your trucks and networked with total database for monitoring. If your drivers tamper the tracking, they won't be allowed to load any day they did...

My company also deal on tyre...and if you guys wants to start Lagos cosmopolitan transport service known as BRT and u can secure the license, I can also help u to get TATA coach, the type used by BRT on lease agreement or what we know as hire purchase agreement.

Hit me up if you have interest in any of the things I said above.

Once again, kudos to you guys, I love this so very much. Wish you guys the best of success and breakthrough.
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by busybee001: 4:46pm On May 05, 2013
Lyk the idea, pls email details(biz plan) to nkemomede@yahoo.com.
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by okechukwu3: 4:53pm On May 05, 2013
I am interested uzodi2002@yahoo.com 07080886012
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by stpat1(m): 9:46pm On May 05, 2013
oke_chukwu: I am interested uzodi2002@yahoo.com 07080886012, 17. busybee001: Quote Post

Lyk the idea, pls email details(biz plan) to nkemomede@yahoo.com.

The process is quite simple and has been sumarised at the beginning of the thread. You can choose any of the options.
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by stpat1(m): 9:48pm On May 05, 2013
Guys, I'm thinking we should meet over this. when and where do you guys think we should meet. Most of us are in Lagos right? We need to do a lot of meeting to get things right you know.

In the meantime your contributions will be greatly appreciated here.
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:25am On May 06, 2013
I av 2truck, 10tyres (20tons) at my disposal, but i can get more.

This will depend on if work is not going to halt, and the amount to be returned daily.
Thanks
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by hartland(m): 6:29am On May 06, 2013
DailyNews: This is indeed a great idea...kudos to whoever brought up the idea because I had been clamouring for this...I even suggested a nairaland investor group, which I suggested to Seun but a member discouraged it...kudos to the initiators once again...

Now, as someone with much experience in haulage/transport/logistics business in Nigeria, I think I can be of help to you guys in certain areas.

First, if you guys want to be hauling for Total Oil here in Lagos, I can help you guys to get through. And remember, if you guys want to be hauling for total oil, you need a sound tractor or truck head as laymen call it. And a tanker back...

You must be ready to abide strictly by total speed limit, else, your truck will be banned and u won't be lifting for them again cos they are very conscious of safety and life.

Remember, most Nigerian truck drivers love overspeeding, so you guys would need a special device which I can provide for you through my nigeria/uk partner company...and you will also need tracking installed on your trucks and networked with total database for monitoring. If your drivers tamper the tracking, they won't be allowed to load any day they did...

My company also deal on tyre...and if you guys wants to start Lagos cosmopolitan transport service known as BRT and u can secure the license, I can also help u to get TATA coach, the type used by BRT on lease agreement or what we know as hire purchase agreement.

Once again, kudos to you guys, I love this so very much. Wish you guys the best of success and breakthrough.

daily news pls chat me up on uniqueboyy2k@yahoo.com or 08083726882. am interested in ur stuff. as for stpat plz fixed a date so dat everyone interested in the biz can come together so we can discuss and start biz in less time. tanx
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by durtman: 6:57am On May 06, 2013
[quote author=stpat1]Ok. I believe there should be 2 experienced managers. I will be one of the managers, by this it doesn't mean I have access to funds at my beck and call cos there must be at least 2 other signatory for funds to be released. We will also have an office rep.

Did I answer your question? [/quote
ur estimate of petfect week 6 days job everyweek is not realistic in haulage.issues might come up on trucks nd where u get jobs sef.

1 Like

Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by durtman: 6:57am On May 06, 2013
[quote author=stpat1]Ok. I believe there should be 2 experienced managers. I will be one of the managers, by this it doesn't mean I have access to funds at my beck and call cos there must be at least 2 other signatory for funds to be released. We will also have an office rep.

Did I answer your question? [/quote
ur estimate of petfect week 6 days job everyweek is not realistic in haulage.issues might come up on trucks nd where u get jobs sef.
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by durtman: 7:05am On May 06, 2013
im interested in hauling lubes in containers for total using single bidy trucks how can u help.nd do u ve access to hire purchase of single bodied box truck of btw 10-18tonnes.thanks
ote author=DailyNews]This is indeed a great idea...kudos to whoever brought up the idea because I had been clamouring for this...I even suggested a nairaland investor group, which I suggested to Seun but a member discouraged it...kudos to the initiators once again...

Once again, kudos to you guys, I love this so very much. Wish you guys the best of success and breakthrough.[/quote]
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by durtman: 7:06am On May 06, 2013
im interested in hauling lubes in containers for total using single bidy trucks how can u help.nd do u ve access to hire purchase of single bodied box truck of btw 10-18tonnes.thanks
ote author=DailyNews]This is indeed a great idea...kudos to whoever brought up the idea because I had been clamouring for this...I even suggested a nairaland investor group, which I suggested to Seun but a member discouraged it...kudos to the initiators once again...

Once again, kudos to you guys, I love this so very much. Wish you guys the best of success and breakthrough.[/quote]
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by Nobody: 7:37am On May 06, 2013
hartland:

daily news pls chat me up on uniqueboyy2k@yahoo.com or 08083726882. am interested in ur stuff. as for stpat plz fixed a date so dat everyone interested in the biz can come together so we can discuss and start biz in less time. tanx
okay uniqueboyy, I just sent you an email now...check your mail and reply.
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by Nobody: 7:39am On May 06, 2013
durtman: im interested in hauling lubes in containers for total using single bidy trucks how can u help.nd do u ve access to hire purchase of single bodied box truck of btw 10-18tonnes.thanks

I can only guarantee you hauling of diesel, petrol and kero...if you are still interested, then let me know. For your other question abt hire purchase of trucks, my answer is no. Only TATA coach is available for hire purchase...no truck for now, maybe in future if all things goes well as projected, thanks.
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by Nobody: 7:47am On May 06, 2013
hartland:

I sent u a mail and it failed, will call u around noon...
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by adekolokomalelo: 8:04am On May 06, 2013
very good forum and nice initiative. well done guys! I am intrested and will like to be part of it. please keep me posted. cheers
Re: Interested Partners For The Haulage Biz Meet Here by millhouse: 1:06pm On May 06, 2013
legal backings

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

What Profitable Thing Can I Do With N1000 / How Much Is One Bitcoin To A Naira / Konga And Yudala Merger In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.