Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,343 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (305962 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Jiggi11: 10:31am On Nov 23, 2011
Quote from: Jiggi11 on Yesterday at 03:27:24 PM
Hello Omo tier 1,
Please I would like to know , from previous experience on the forum, the duration it usually takes BHC to process a tier 2 dependant visa. Their website states 3 weeks but mine as been with BHC for over 20 working days. Thanks

Did help process a Tier 2(General ) two weeks ago. Submission was at Ikeja VFS office. Took 3.5 days! Submited on a Wednesday, got text alert like 4 in a day and Tuesday got confirmation was ready for collection! Pretty fast init?

Are you planning to apply for Tier 2 dependant visas?

Actually, I have already submitted my application for a dependant visa i.e. like 20 working days ago. I'm a bit worried its dragging for too long. May it be because of my immigration history as I studied a Pgd course in the UK and initially applied the dependant visa in the UK but was refused based on the grounds that dependant visas cannot be applied in-country but from the applicants home country. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 11:10am On Nov 23, 2011
Jiggi11:

Hello Omo tier 1,
Please I would like to know , from previous experience on the forum, the duration it usually takes BHC to process a tier 2 dependant visa. Their website states 3 weeks but mine as been with BHC for over 20 working days. Thanks

Did help process a Tier 2(General ) two weeks ago. Submission was at Ikeja VFS office. Took 3.5 days! Submited on a Wednesday, got text alert like 4 in a day and Tuesday got confirmation was ready for collection! Pretty fast init?

Actually, I have already submitted my application for a dependant visa i.e. like 20 working days ago. I'm a bit worried its dragging for too long. May it be because of my immigration history as I studied a Pgd course in the UK and initially applied the dependant visa in the UK but was refused based on the grounds that dependant visas cannot be applied in-country but from the applicants home country. Thanks.
I think it is more to do with your documents and the authority they carry. Just wondering, have you gone to check the Deputy High Commission at Eleke crescent, Lagos to ask why your visas isn't ready? I ask because cases have arisen very recently of visas processed by the BHC but the applicants never got alerts from the VFS alert system and upon enquiry at DBHC, it was discovered their visas was ready and awaiting collection. Give them a try through phone call or a personal call in and they will give you feed back as to when to expect the visas to be processed if they haven't processed it yet.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Jiggi11: 11:50am On Nov 23, 2011
Quote from: Jiggi11 on Today at 10:31:27 AM
Hello Omo tier 1,

I think it is more to do with your documents and the authority they carry. Just wondering, have you gone to check the Deputy High Commission at Eleke crescent, Lagos to ask why your visas isn't ready? I ask because cases have arisen very recently of visas processed by the BHC but the applicants never got alerts from the VFS alert system and upon enquiry at DBHC, it was discovered their visas was ready and awaiting collection. Give them a try through phone call or a personal call in and they will give you feed back as to when to expect the visas to be processed if they haven't processed it yet.

Thanks for the response. I've called the VFS call center and was told the visa was undergoing verification. Do you suggest going a step further by calling BHC directly for a feed back.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 12:55pm On Nov 23, 2011
Jiggi11:

Quote from: Jiggi11 on Today at 10:31:27 AM
Hello Omo tier 1,

Thanks for the response. I've called the VFS call center and was told the visa was undergoing verification. Do you suggest going a step further by calling BHC directly for a feed back.

I would still encourage you to contact the DBHC, Lagos. No crime in trying I guess. The VFS rep most likely are reading you information stored on your online internet profile no necessarily from a real-time database. So if your profile is not updated, they will also give you the information as contained therein.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by sandraa(f): 2:55pm On Nov 23, 2011
Pls wat document do one present for renewal!, Visa expired October,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by earthrealm(m): 5:34pm On Nov 23, 2011
sandraa:

Pls wat document do one present for renewal!, Visa expired October,

u need to go wit all the docs just as in a fresh application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by toppycateg: 6:34pm On Nov 23, 2011
Helo house,pls can someone tel me exact thing to submit 4 d reissue of my lost uk visa,because i stil av 4 month validity of d visa,av bin calling d embasy but they are not pickin cal,i mail them 3 times no response.Though av made official report to d embasy i submit police report,affidavit and a letter.Pls i need urgent response frm d house,because iam about to apply now.And i dont want to make mistake on re issue.Tanx u are al blessed (AMEN).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tcav: 10:26pm On Nov 23, 2011
Hi omo tier1, it me again i forgot to tell you that my tax revenue payment is self assessment, and i did pay about 18k, cuz i mostly do consultancy and supply of electronic and computers, will that not raise a eyebrow when the ECO are judging my application? Cuz am planning 2 reapply in case my review is not successful. Secondly in my first application i did add visiting my fiancee that is presently runing her ms.c in uk with her details evidence of studentship, will it be ok if i add it again if i may reapply? Please let me know what to do. I need brotherly advice. Thank you very much.

Tcav.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 8:44am On Nov 24, 2011
tcav:

Hi omo tier1, it me again i forgot to tell you that my tax revenue payment is self assessment, and i did pay about 18k, cuz i mostly do consultancy and supply of electronic and computers, will that not raise a eyebrow when the ECO are judging my application? Cuz am planning 2 reapply in case my review is not successful. Secondly in my first application i did add visiting my fiancee that is presently runing her ms.c in uk with her details evidence of studentship, will it be ok if i add it again if i may reapply? Please let me know what to do. I need brotherly advice. Thank you very much.

Tcav.
All tax revenue payment/receipts MUST be official and from either the Federal or State Revenue Agency/Board. This is 'cos ECO will forward such documents to their verification unit and those dudes there know what to expect in Nigeria as per tax clearance and anything to the contrary falls foul and t hey can't be bothered carrying out further investigation really. So save your application, get a state tax clearance or similar official documentation to forward with your application.

Yes, absolutely fine with that, So long as Her visas status is still legal. They can phone up the school just to confirm if she is still attending as claimed. I do not think this will have any adverse effect on your application. Try to present more evidence to suggest you intend to return back.

Let me also add that be very careful when you reapply to make sure ALL information provided in your previous applications are consistent. Please do not tell lies as this would save you in future applications.

Do not make the mistake most people do make, not knowing how important this is: A LETTER OF INTRODUCTION! Please do attach a cover letter of introduction to the ECO, detailing the purpose of your visit, how you have satisfied the relevant immigration rules, index of the documents you are providing, explaining what each is for, and conclude to that effect by making a bold statement that you are aware of the evident implication of using fake documents and as such ALL documents duly submitted by you in support of your application are original, genuine and from the official source with relevant contact details in line with the legitimate expectation of the United Kingdom Border Agency.

Hope this helps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by embassyman(m): 12:47pm On Nov 24, 2011
A friend who has been refused visa twice, now prepare well for Visiting visa, submitted 202 pages of Bank Statement for 6 months, cos he is now into buying and selling, company certificate,memorandum,personal tax clearance,hotel,flight,landed property,introductory letter, and a short note on the application form indicating/explaining what he does that makes his Bank Statement be loaded up to 202 pages within 6 months and over 130 million naira transaction on the account within the 6 months,
Pls house, what is his fate this time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iiiyyyk(m): 9:53pm On Nov 25, 2011
House join me thank God Almighty. I have been issued a UK visa.

I applied on the 1-11-11, I tracked online and was told its ready for collection on the 17-11-11. i traveld to lagos on monday 21-11 for collection. lo and behold i was given the visa. this is my first application.

I want to thank every member of this tread. for all your contributions really helped.
May God bless u all, especially omotie one and justwise you guys are wonderful people.

I started by reading the entire tread from page one to the last. i took notes of all important points. i did this many months before my application date. i asked just one question and was answered by justwise. i took time to gather my documents and application to avoid mistakes due to rush. I believe every thing we need to know is already on the dread all we need do is to patiently read through and learn from the reasons of refusals from others.
Pls lets keep posting our experiences and questions, it is really helping.

Please, i want to know how much is the minimum amount i can hold as BTA?. i will be traveling on Tuesday.
Once again thank you every one.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 10:43pm On Nov 25, 2011
iiiyyyk:

House join me thank God Almighty. I have been issued a UK visa.

I applied on the 1-11-11, I tracked online and was told its ready for collection on the 17-11-11. i traveld to lagos on monday 21-11 for collection. lo and behold i was given the visa. this is my first application.

I want to thank every member of this tread. for all your contributions really helped.
May God bless u all, especially omotie one and justwise you guys are wonderful people.

I started by reading the entire tread from page one to the last. i took notes of all important points. i did this many months before my application date. i asked just one question and was answered by justwise. i took time to gather my documents and application to avoid mistakes due to rush. I believe every thing we need to know is already on the dread all we need do is to patiently read through and learn from the reasons of refusals from others.
Pls lets keep posting our experiences and questions, it is really helping.

Please, i want to know how much is the minimum amount i can hold as BTA?. i will be traveling on Tuesday.
Once again thank you every one.

I'm really happy for you, congrat.

As per BTA. . . take money that will cover ur expenses. . . accommodation, feeding, transport , . . depending on how long you planned to stay in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by embassyman(m): 11:07am On Nov 26, 2011
Bros, do u really know the reason why u were issued a uk visa? cos u applied a unique wisdom and go in a unique way, ok see this: u submitted on 1-11-11 and u went for collectiong on 17-11-11 and u travel down 21-11-11 dont u see uniqueness in those days, those days have their angels and they all work for u for gud, try it some other time, u will get American Visa, gud kuck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 11:13am On Nov 26, 2011
embassyman:

Bros, do u really know the reason why u were issued a uk visa? cos u applied a unique wisdom and go in a unique way, ok see this: u submitted on 1-11-11 and u went for collectiong on 17-11-11 and u travel down 21-11-11 dont u see uniqueness in those days, those days have their angels and they all work for u for gud, try it some other time, u will get American Visa, gud kuck

Stop deceiving yourself, those dates means nothing when it comes to visa success, you will get ur visa if you met the requirements.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by embassyman(m): 8:01pm On Nov 26, 2011
@ justwise, me am just joking ooooo, i dont even mean any other thing than to make u people laugh, just that
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by embassyman(m): 8:04pm On Nov 26, 2011
But i put this here on nairaland, no one is saying anything about it, that a friend who has been refused visa twice, now prepare well for Visiting visa, submitted 202 pages of Bank Statement for 6 months, cos he is now into buying and selling, company certificate,memorandum,personal tax clearance,hotel,flight,landed property,introductory letter, and a short note on the application form indicating/explaining what he does that makes his Bank Statement be loaded up to 202 pages within 6 months and over 130 million naira transaction on the account within the 6 months,

Justwise and co
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by earthrealm(m): 8:09pm On Nov 26, 2011
embassyman:

But i put this here on nairaland, no one is saying anything about it, that a friend who has been refused visa twice, now prepare well for Visiting visa, submitted 202 pages of Bank Statement for 6 months, cos he is now into buying and selling, company certificate,memorandum,personal tax clearance,hotel,flight,landed property,introductory letter, and a short note on the application form indicating/explaining what he does that makes his Bank Statement be loaded up to 202 pages within 6 months and over 130 million naira transaction on the account within the 6 months,

Justwise and co

you have already submitted ur application, its too late for you 2 be asking for advice/help, just get on ur kness and pary, shikena, its before submition that u shud be asking the house questions, not after

my 2 cents
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 9:32pm On Nov 26, 2011
embassyman:

Justwise and co

Let your friend pray hard, even if he is applying for visa to heaven submitting 202 pages of bank statements is madness.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iiiyyyk(m): 12:32am On Nov 27, 2011
@ justwise, Thanks somuch.

@ embasyman, Na baba God doam and na him give the wisdom. it has noting to do with dates. I track 17:11 thursday and cannot leave east to lagos on friday so i decided to go to VFS on monday 21:11 for d collection.

Well, Gud Kuck to u too. lol,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by embassyman(m): 5:10pm On Nov 27, 2011
@ justwise The 202 pages bank statements is what my friend has for the 6 monts requested by uk embassy, since he is into buying and selling, thats what the statement says, 202 pages for the 6 months unless he will print lesser month, maybe 2 or 3 months that when he will have lesser pages like 100 for the 3 months.
@ earthrealm, what i am asking here is not help nor solution but what u think just that, cos as for him, he has the fate that he will be given the visa, so also i do have the belive that he will be given, but just want to hear what people will say about it shikena
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 7:04pm On Nov 27, 2011
embassyman:

@ justwise The 202 pages bank statements is what my friend has for the 6 monts requested by uk embassy, since he is into buying and selling, thats what the statement says, 202 pages for the 6 months unless he will print lesser month, maybe 2 or 3 months that when he will have lesser pages like 100 for the 3 months.
@ earthrealm, what i am asking here is not help nor solution but what u think just that, cos as for him, he has the fate that he will be given the visa, so also i do have the belive that he will be given, but just want to hear what people will say about it shikena

How can that be possible? Does banks send statement on daily bases? How do you expect the ECO to go through 202 pages of bank statement? I never heard of anybody who submitted such volume of paper before, only if the statements are not 4A size papers.

Good luck to him anyway.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by embassyman(m): 8:42pm On Nov 27, 2011
Bros, like 28 to 35 transactions everyday on that account, so its a daily transaction account that reflect that he is into buying and selling seriously, i mean it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 9:14pm On Nov 27, 2011
embassyman:

Bros, like 28 to 35 transactions everyday on that account, so its a daily transaction account that reflect that he is into buying and selling seriously, i mean it

That doesn't mean he should print daily statement, 6months bank statement means submitting monthly bank statement and NOT daily one.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by embassyman(m): 10:02pm On Nov 27, 2011
Monthly how? will the monthly statement not reflect the day to day transactions on the account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by azpunpin: 6:00pm On Nov 28, 2011
Please, I need an advise on how to package a Visit Visa for my Fiance. She just finished her Final Year Exam, I have a valid Visa but we are both looking on traveling together for Vacation, I will want to know how to go about packaging the Visa for her. I need your advise house.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tcav: 2:08pm On Nov 29, 2011
Omo_Tier1,
I would want you to help me package my visa please, let me know how to connect with you, i can not stand any other visa refusal, this is my email: oitamah@yahoo.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tcav: 9:03pm On Nov 29, 2011
I need your attention, i need to know the minimum amount one can have in his/her account before applying for visa? Beside that, is it compulsory to summit your business account statement and your personal bank account when applying? Lastly my tax clearance certificate is self assessment payment, i paid 18k will that not be problem or should i top the amount? is association memorandum investigated? because am not in any association, i do supply from a ware house.
Advice please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by embassyman(m): 9:48am On Nov 30, 2011
justwise:

That doesn't mean he should print daily statement, 6months bank statement means submitting monthly bank statement and NOT daily one.
but the six month statement that he submitted reflect the day to day transaction
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by collinsefe: 12:15pm On Dec 01, 2011
@Grafitti. Did u use a lawyer or immigration consultant or just packaged the docs yourself.? Also can i e-mail you direct? i have some more questions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tcav: 2:06pm On Dec 01, 2011
I use a lawyer but it seems, he does not know too well about visiting visa, because he always suggest me using sch visa rather than visiting visa, i want a well package visa now so that i will not be refuse this time, you can email direct.

Thanks for your help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by toppycateg: 5:34pm On Dec 02, 2011
Helo house,am about to apply for my visa re issue,for lost visa and pasport what are d basic things to submit to get it re issue? i av 4 month validity visa on d lost pasport,i av photocopy of d visa,pls i need ur urgent reply GOD bless u.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by 4teelaw(f): 6:54pm On Dec 02, 2011
Hi, guys, Please Please reply to this my question.
I have just applied for a tourist visa to UK. I actually was there last year for a 2 weeks vacation, but this time i want to go on honeymoon, wedding is this weekend. I applied alone because mine is just a renewal.
Problem is applying for my husband. Personally, he doesnt want to go to UK for the honeymoon, I am just the one making it a big deal.
He is self employed, opened a biz last yr, we have a joint acct together with like 700k balance. I put the wedding IV in my application and made several references to him that we will go together.
How to I package it properly so that he doesnt get refused?

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.