Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,623 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (305708 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 09, 2011
Naaa, haven't gotten mine ohh, keep calling them and they don't answer the call, am thinking of going there 2mao to lay complaints, Anyway let's just keep our fingers crossed and keep praying
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Julieni: 8:54am On Nov 10, 2011
hey topsnet, an sms was sent to me last9te, that my application is available for pickup, am havin a negative feeling, cos they didnt call my employer, my bank, my husband in d uk, or even his emploeyer, this is the forth time am applying now, and am having this strong feelings of refusal again, i just want to go there laha to get my pp, am so fed up, talk to u laha
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 10, 2011
Same here wiv me, didn't call my bank buh they have some peeps dat do look @ d bankstatement for verification, any let's b positive, its gonna turn out well
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Julieni: 10:46am On Nov 10, 2011
@ topsnet, did you get an sms also?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 10, 2011
Julieni:

@ topsnet, did you get an sms also?
havent received any sms, guess its 5 weeks they use to process application now judging from peoples comment on dis thread. wuld b expecting to receive mine probably on tuesday or wednesday, gudluck on urs
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Julieni: 1:56pm On Nov 10, 2011
just got back from the centre, and i was refused to go for an appeal, am so fed up
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 10, 2011
Julieni:

just got back from the centre, and i was refused to go for an appeal, am so fed up
wat documents did u summit and wat type or class of visa did u apply for
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by graffiti: 10:01pm On Nov 10, 2011
Julieni:

Are you sure you haven't been banned?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Julieni: 3:50pm On Nov 11, 2011
@topsnet and grafiti, i was refused and asked to go for an appeal, am not banned,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by cretin: 2:17am On Nov 15, 2011
pls any idea on the max duration ones documents can stay in the vfs center?, i applied for visa late oct and hv been unavailable to go and collect it .[didnt get any sms notification, chked online abt 2 wwks ago, only to discover that it was ready - n hvnt been able to go collect it since then]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tayoTFC(m): 2:04pm On Nov 15, 2011
you must have been banned for 10yrs, though it was not stated in ur letter of refusal but they have it in there sytem the status of ur application for banned for 10yr so stop wasting ur money for re application , relase ur mind on UK now and file appeal with good immigration lawyer to wipe away the 10yrs. take care,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 18, 2011
i don't know what the UKBA wants. it was declared that i am 20yrs, submitted both my IDcard and also letter from my school. and please would i have to get married to show enough ties. i submitted my sisters bankstatement, pictures and even idcards, booked a hotel and paid for three nights and even showed credicard bankstatement showing i paid for the hotel accommodation. i also submitted her company cerficate and aname and allso her income clearance. What i understand is that they didnt just look at my document and delayed my application for almost 6weeks.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by earthrealm(m): 11:55am On Nov 18, 2011
sorry for the refusal but consider their reasons below.

You have applied for an enetry clearance to visit the United Kingdom for 25 days. I have consisdered your application under Paragraph 41 of the United Kingdom Immigration Rules. You can read these rules at: www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/immigrationlaw/immigrationrules/

you said u paid for 3 days lodging in a hotel, but u intend to stay for 25 days?, that alone will make anybody suspicious, plus the fact that you are young/single/not working etc, all these serve to paint a very gloomy picture, that u wud return to nigeria.

i suggest u get hold of an immigration lawyer/consultant/expert that will help u repackage ur application and also clear the doubts of the uk visa people
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 18, 2011
earthrealm:

sorry for the refusal  but  consider their reasons  below.

You have applied for an enetry clearance to visit the United Kingdom for 25 days. I have consisdered your application under Paragraph 41 of the United Kingdom Immigration Rules. You can read these rules at:  www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/immigrationlaw/immigrationrules/

you said u paid for 3 days lodging in a hotel, but u intend to stay for 25 days?, that alone  will make anybody suspicious, plus the fact that you are young/single/not working   etc, all these serve to paint a very gloomy picture, that u wud return to nigeria.

i suggest u get hold of an immigration lawyer/consultant/expert   that will help u repackage  your application  and also clear the doubts of the uk visa people

but i made a booking for 25days. the payment wasn't wrote on the confirmation letter, it just showed the total amount of money I have to pay, the hotel also said they needed a form of payment on my creditcard and to top it all, am a student, submitted my idcard, letter from the school,courseform. what other ties do i require to show to prove to the ukba and they didn't even look @ my sisters bankstatment and idcard. What ties do I need to show dat she is my sister and about the fund, It was in her account, does she need to transfer thr money to my own account and I present the two bankstatemt(me and hers)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 1:23pm On Nov 18, 2011
topsnet:

i don't know what the UKBA wants. it was declared that i am 20yrs, submitted both my IDcard and also letter from my school. and please would i have to get married to show enough ties. i submitted my sisters bankstatement, pictures and even idcards, booked a hotel and paid for three nights and even showed credicard bankstatement showing i paid for the hotel accommodation. i also submitted her company cerficate and aname and allso her income clearance. What i understand is that they didnt just look at my document and delayed my application for almost 6weeks.

Anybody in your situation will be refused a visa, you are a student, all your travelling expenses will be paid by your sister, you did not provide enough proof to show that your sister can afford to pay for the whole 25days trip to the UK, accommodation, feeding, flight and places you want to visit in the UK. You are staying for 25days but you only paid for 3days hotel accommodation, it doesn't look good at all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 18, 2011
Hello does anyone know the proceSsing time @ the vfs lekki now. Its a renewal. Will it come bk before the 5th?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 9:19pm On Nov 18, 2011
olu16:

Hello does anyone know the proceSsing time @ the vfs lekki now. Its a renewal. Will it come bk before the 5th?

Very likely you will get your passport returned to you before that date if you apply monday next week. Clearly state in your form a travel date say two days before your actual date of travel. Some how most visas in the last two months have been processed within two weeks of submission and I think they will want to keep up with that record till the end of the year.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by earthrealm(m): 9:21pm On Nov 18, 2011
mine spent less than 5 working days - 2 yr renewal in ikeja vfs center
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 18, 2011
Wow thanks a lot guys.
@earthrealm I was actually running away from ikeja, I felt lekki was faster. Was yours a family visit visa? @I wanted to find out if including my cousins passport (he's just cool he's been to SA twice but has never been to d UK would make it take longer as I heard they send first time applications to abuja. I don't intend travelling on the 5th actually, but I have another interview for the 6th. Thank you omotier and earthrealm for d swift response!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by muriitijan(m): 2:09am On Nov 19, 2011
[size=8pt]I thank everybody in the house whose comments and enquiries in one way or the other helped me and my wife's UK tourist visa applications immensely.We applied and submitted on the 31.11.11.I tracked it on 17.11.11-it was ready! We picked it at Ikeja on the 18.11.11.

We were granted visas despite the fact that I did not include original marriage certificate but a photocopy-it escaped me, because I was late , had just 5 minutes.Secondly,my hotel reservation was cancelled by the hotel(claimed there was a problem with my card) before the visa was out.

I thank the house for the good work.No agent, but we were given visas.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:32am On Nov 19, 2011
justwise:

Anybody in your situation will be refused a visa, you are a student, all your travelling expenses will be paid by your sister, you did not provide enough proof to show that your sister can afford to pay for the whole 25days trip to the UK, accommodation, feeding, flight and places you want to visit in the UK.  You are staying for 25days but you only paid for 3days hotel accommodation, it doesn't look good at all.

@ justwise and other travel agents, i presented her bankstatement,she was having 1.9million @ dat particular time, and constant income from different sources almost on a weekly basis because shew maintains some properties of my dad, she used her companys letter headed paper to write a confirmation letter,  copy of her passport page and ids her companys certificate and clearance tax  for d last three months. or would she have done a transfer of funds from her account to mine stating that she has transferred a particular amount to my account covering all my expenses and for the hotel booking, it was done with her creditcard and d hotel told me dat they needed to confirm her creditcard , they requested for only one night payment but she paid for three nights in which the hotel refunded the money after seven working days back to her creditcrad account and for the aspect of a student, is it really hard for a student to get a visit visa. please can u help me with this and how to go about it so I can know my stand. Tanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by earthrealm(m): 6:10am On Nov 19, 2011
mine was tourist visa - renewal, i heard lekki is faster n less rowdy, i only went to ikeja cos its nearer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tcav: 7:02pm On Nov 19, 2011
Greetings to the HOUSE,

I applied for a visiting visa and i was refuse reason that i did not specify how much my monthly income is, and that i did not put enough document like tax clearance return certificate, although i added the revenue receipt and they also said i did not summit a turnover for my business, i was having #744,000.00 and i was only spending ten days in the UK, my question is that, are all these reason enough for they to refuse me visa? now am on review and how many days will the review last? a friend advise me to a land property, i do not have one yet is there any chance that my review will be successful? or should i re-apply? i really need to visit the UK.

The reason i did not specify my monthly income was because am a business man, if i say i receive 100k some times d money that may enter my account will be 300k so it varies, how am i suppose to specify in these case for they not to say am lying?
Please i need ur best Advice not jest or abusive words, thank u d house.
TCAV.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 12:11pm On Nov 20, 2011
tcav:

Greetings to the HOUSE,

I applied for a visiting visa and i was refuse reason that i did not specify how much my monthly income is, and that i did not put enough document like tax clearance return certificate, although i added the revenue receipt and they also said i did not summit a turnover for my business, i was having #744,000.00 and i was only spending ten days in the UK, my question is that, are all these reason enough for they to refuse me visa? now am on review and how many days will the review last? a friend advise me to a land property, i do not have one yet is there any chance that my review will be successful? or should i re-apply? i really need to visit the UK.

The reason i did not specify my monthly income was because am a business man, if i say i receive 100k some times d money that may enter my account will be 300k so it varies, how am i suppose to specify in these case for they not to say am lying?
Please i need your best Advice not jest or abusive words, thank u d house.
TCAV.
Question 1 : Unfortunately, yes! Those reasons are enough for the ECO to doubt your financial statements/claims. I have said it time and time again that when sending financial statements/claims for visitors visas, do include your tax clearance certificate. The reason is 'cos in the UK, they are used to a 'P60' which gives a summary total of all your declared earnings and it is much easier for ECO to use their discretion to ascertain your financial standings from a tax clearance. Really the balance in your account hardly do it for them unless you have official documentation to back it up that the money in your account is truly yours, and it was gotten from a legitimate source(s)

Question 2. Review should be carried out within 28days, however, if they are unable, they are obliged to notify you and give a reasonable estimate of when they are likely going to conclude your review. Since yours is a visit visas, more likely it will take about two weeks.

My candid advice/opinion: Your review maybe successful depending on the Entry Clearance Manager who reviews it and your previous immigration history to other developed Economies for a visit/business.

I would advise that since much of the reason for your refusal bothers on insufficient documentary evidence, do reapply but this time, include all the documents so demanded by the ECO.

To further help your position, include an introductory letter with your application, explaining the purpose of your visit, your financial standings, telling the ECO in plain language how you earn your money, and how money comes into your account. Cite examples where possible like the one you gave here. Conclude by letting the ECO know that you applied before but you were refused on ground  of insufficient documentary evidence - list the evidence in the letter- and explain how you have fulfilled the requirements of the ECO. Summarize by letting the ECO know that you are fully aware of the implications of lying, or giving false representation to obtain a visas and that you have provided all the information to the best of your knowledge, ability and know-how.

Since you have a business so registered in Nigeria - I would expect- then you may not need a land documents, provided you include details of your company registration, tax clearance of your company and official business receipts with your application.

Hope this helps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tcav: 4:55pm On Nov 20, 2011
Thank u so much, who are you? are there still good mind like you online? if i had meant with you and advise, i think by now i would have been granted visa, how can i reach you, am so relief. And one other thing, if the review is on my favor would i need a new bank statement and other document? cuz they did not return the bank statement.
I anxiously await your good option, like i said before i want to reach u direct, my email is (oitamah@yahoo.com).
Omo_Tier1 you are D best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 10:49am On Nov 21, 2011
tcav:

Thank u so much, who are you? are there still good mind like you online? if i had meant with you and advise, i think by now i would have been granted visa, how can i reach you, am so relief. And one other thing, if the review is on my favor would i need a new bank statement and other document? cuz they did not return the bank statement.
I anxiously await your good option, like i said before i want to reach u direct, my email is (oitamah@yahoo.com).
Omo_Tier1 you are D best.
To answer your question, YES you would need a new bank statemen and be in a position to present to the ECO any other documents(s) He/She may so require.
Again I stress, this act by the ECO has no backing in UK immigration law 'cos the requirement in the rules is for your document(s) to be considered and your visas issued based on the material facts evident AS AT the date of consideration. But the ECO uses a loop hole in the immigration law which says they have to consider the present situation of the applicant but in actual fact this should really apply at the time of their initial consideration! Again the message from the courts have been mixed. While some judges have rebuked some ECOs/ECMs for wanting to make laws/rules for themselves, others have said it is okay for them to do so provided the requirements are not strigent as to warant a substantial change in the rules themselves. Really no one has tested this in court yet!- I HOPE TO CHALLENGE THIS IN THE UK HIGH COURTS IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE -

So in a nutshell, prepare your bank account as healthy as you can, as they would most likely request for you to resubmit the statements if your review is successful. As for the statements not been returned, did you submit photocopy of the statement? If No, then they are obliged to keep the original as they are empowered to do so by thier in-house operation/rules.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Jiggi11: 3:27pm On Nov 22, 2011
Hello Omo tier 1,
Please I would like to know , from previous experience on the forum, the duration it usually takes BHC to process a tier 2 dependant visa. Their website states 3 weeks but mine as been with BHC for over 20 working days. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by toppycateg: 5:20pm On Nov 22, 2011
Helo house i need ur help on dis issue,i lost my pasport last month october with 5month valid uk visa,now i av a new pasport.I inform d embasy i was told to present court affidavit,police report and a letter which i did.I was later told to go and re apply,i av photocopy of d lost visa,i av photocopy of other visas for other country on my lost pasport,but d issue is i dont av original copy of d documents i used to secure d visa.Pls as anyone come across dis kind of issue how is it sorted out?Pls i need ur guidance and advise on dis. tanx.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 7:37pm On Nov 22, 2011
Jiggi11:

Hello Omo tier 1,
Please I would like to know , from previous experience on the forum, the duration it usually takes BHC to process a tier 2 dependant visa. Their website states 3 weeks but mine as been with BHC for over 20 working days. Thanks
Did help process a Tier 2(General ) two weeks ago. Submission was at Ikeja VFS office. Took 3.5 days! Submited on a Wednesday, got text alert like 4 in a day and Tuesday got confirmation was ready for collection! Pretty fast init?

Are you planning to apply for Tier 2 dependant visas?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 7:58pm On Nov 22, 2011
toppycateg:

Helo house i need your help on dis issue,i lost my pasport last month october with 5month valid uk visa,now i av a new pasport.I inform d embasy i was told to present court affidavit,police report and a letter which i did.I was later told to go and re apply,i av photocopy of d lost visa,i av photocopy of other visas for other country on my lost pasport,but d issue is i dont av original copy of d documents i used to secure d visa.Pls as anyone come across dis kind of issue how is it sorted out?Pls i need your guidance and advise on dis. tanx.
Usually you reapply for the visas to be reissued and you pay a fee for that. They do not normally request for resubmission of documents.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by embassyman(m): 9:17pm On Nov 22, 2011
A friend who has been refused visa twice, now prepare well for Visiting visa, submitted 202 pages of Bank Statement for 6 months, cos he is now into buying and selling, company certificate,memorandum,personal tax clearance,hotel,flight,landed property,introductory letter, and a short note on the application form indicating/explaining what he does that makes his Bank Statement be loaded up to 202 pages within 6 months and over 130 million naira transaction on the account within the 6 months,
Pls house, what is his fate this time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by toppycateg: 9:42pm On Nov 22, 2011
Ok tanx,u mean i can go ahead and reapply for the re issue,because i av bin calling d embasy but they are not pickin up their call,i was told at d uk embasy by one man attendin to evryone to go and do a fresh application but i hope i wil not submit any documents apart frm my pport,visa form,payment slip and a copy of d visa.Pls i need more enlightment av bin mailing d embasy but i got no response.Pls i need guidance tanx.

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.