Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306093 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by earthrealm(m): 7:43am On Oct 23, 2011
@topsnet, did u apply in ikeja, lekki or VI?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 23, 2011
earthrealm:

@topsnet, did u apply in ikeja, lekki  or  VI?
i applied @VFS centre @ Lekki last lat 2 weeks tuesday
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tEsLim(m): 12:07pm On Oct 24, 2011
@ericko thanks. I contacted an immigration lawyer who is looking into my appeal he said he would ask them to review the application. That by law births for the children can be registered before 18years of age for the kids at anytime. And yeah I have some invoices on my name for few jobs so I'll mailed them to my lawyer too smiley Thanks nairalanders
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 9:48pm On Oct 24, 2011
tEsLim:

@ericko thanks. I contacted an immigration lawyer who is looking into my appeal he said he would ask them to review the application. That by law births for the children can be registered before 18years of age for the kids at anytime. And yeah I have some invoices on my name for few jobs so I'll mailed them to my lawyer too smiley Thanks nairalanders
Good.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by TopAnalyst(m): 4:21pm On Oct 26, 2011
I submitted my visit visa application at the Lekki center on the 19th of September and just got my visa today, 26th of October. They issued my visa despite the fact that the purpose of my visit (to attend a conference in London on October 6th) has lapsed. It was a great relief for me after making three visits to the BDHC to follow up on my application without result. The date of issue on my visa is 25th of October.
Thank you all for your comments and contributions on this forum.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by worry246(m): 7:21am On Oct 27, 2011
You might have been given visa
But if the original reason (date) has lapsed you might well be sent back from airport!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by earthrealm(m): 8:48am On Oct 27, 2011
worry246:

But if the original reason (date) has lapsed you might well be sent back from airport!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by earthrealm(m): 8:51am On Oct 27, 2011
earthrealm:

what if he doesnt tell the point of entry official that he is coming for a confrence, what if he says he is a tourist?, is his info stored in the database ie what he applied for as per the visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by TopAnalyst(m): 1:01am On Oct 28, 2011
worry246:

Of course I won't be traveling to the UK for a conference that has already lapsed. I would rather be traveling for other genuine purposes.
The most important thing is to have a valid entry visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kuchikau: 9:49am On Oct 28, 2011
@ house,pls i need a step by step guide on how to apply 4 my visa,cos am doing it myself and i dont wanna make mistakes.pls sm1 should write dem down for me plsssssssss,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by amykelly: 2:34pm On Oct 28, 2011
Hi guys, pls is it necessary to do a test of English test if the person has a bachelors degree in English Language and is intending to do a masters program in London??
I keep getting conflicting answers. pls respond guys. thanks
Also what level is a masters degree?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mfonobongg: 5:56pm On Oct 28, 2011
ill like to get info on how to go to uk. or their website
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ceasyc(f): 11:03pm On Oct 28, 2011
kuchikau:

@ house,pls i need a step by step guide on how to apply 4 my visa,cos am doing it myself and i dont wanna make mistakes.pls sm1 should write dem down for me plsssssssss,

mfonobongg:

ill like to get info on how to go to uk. or their website

ukinnigeria.fco.gov.uk/en/visiting-uk/visas/

u will see How to apply?

Find out where and how to apply for a UK visa in Nigeria (click here)
under UK visas click on Applying for a UK visa

scroll down and all d info u need is on this page e.g. When to apply, Before you apply, How to apply, Applying on a printed application form, Paying your visa application fee, At a visa application centre, The visa application centre

u shud 1st click on prepare the supporting documents that you will need

if this doesnt help then go back a few pages here on nl and u'll c d docs u need. or try this page - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-93253.0.html
goodluck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Ronaldo200(m): 10:44pm On Oct 30, 2011
Please house if you could advise,

I have UK And Nigeria citizenship, but am currently residing outside the country working in North America. I plan returning to London for the holidays over Christmas and want my fiancé to join me, she is in Nigeria still and has a virgin passport.

Please would like to know how likely it is that she will be granted. We will be staying at my sisters place in the UK, and I can of course provide evidence as the sponsor of my Passport, evidence of what I'm doing out here in America and my travel plans booked for going back to London. Will the application for her be rejected cos me (the sponsor) is no longer permanently living in UK?

By the way, she is currently not working.

Thanks!!!!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 9:40am On Oct 31, 2011
Ronaldo200:

Please house if you could advise,

I have UK And Nigeria citizenship, but am currently residing outside the country working in North America. I plan returning to London for the holidays over Christmas and want my fiancé to join me, she is in Nigeria still and has a virgin passport.

Please would like to know how likely it is that she will be granted. We will be staying at my sisters place in the UK, and I can of course provide evidence as the sponsor of my Passport, evidence of what I'm doing out here in America and my travel plans booked for going back to London. Will the application for her be rejected cos me (the sponsor) is no longer permanently living in UK?

By the way, she is currently not working.

Thanks!!!!!!
Before getting worried about her been refused you need to first establish under what category of visas you want her to come join you in the UK for the holiday.

However, from the information you have given let me assume two things;
1. Your UK Citizenship is genuine and established on a legal - i.e, parental/long stayer/family settlement.

2. Your fiance' will be joining you on a visitor's visas.

If my assumptions above are right, then all you have to do is read through the requirements for 'General visitors' application on the UKBA website and get her the documents she needs.Here on NL we have treated 'General visitors' visas document requirements over and over so you may do yourself good by reading some of the old threads bothering on this issue.

The concerns I may raise is if you have evidence of your accommodation bills, account statements, and utility bills dating atleast six months in the UK as this maybe required for the UKBA to establish your presence in the UK.

Also, your fiance' what is she doing in Nigeria? Has she got evidence that would suggest she is HIGHLY LIKELY to return back to Nigeria? Has she a bank account that suggest shes financially bouyant here in Nigeria?

You claimed your sister residence will be your place of accommodation, is your sister willing to provide documents such as utility bills for the past six months, a letter of acknowledgement that she will be accommodating the two of you and PROBABLY financial evidence in form of bank statement(s) to suggest she can afford to take responsibility financially if need be?

Also, questions might raised why you want her to spend holiday with you in the UK where you are also taking your holiday and not North America where you presently reside.

Virgin passport or not, has no influence on the decision of the UKBA as they work by the immigration rules. Only last week, I helped packaged an application with a virgin passport submitted at the UKBA visas application center at Ikeja, Lagos and the visas (for 3 years) was issued in 4 working days! So I do not understand where the worry over the newness of a passport comes in.There is always a first in everything and so rightly the UKBA understands this.

I think the chances of her being refused depends largely on how much documentary evidence you provide her with to demonstrate she will be going back to Nigeria after the visit.

If I may ask, since your sister's abode is in the UK (unlike yours) why not get her to invite your fiance' over. In my opinion, she is best placed to provide the documents required for 'General visitors' visas. If your fiance' has a business, property, good bank account that can help establish her presence in Nigeria, then her chances are even brighter.
N:B.,There is a thread on how to write a UK invitation letter by vicjustic on here. That could be of help to you or your sister.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Boy619: 3:07pm On Oct 31, 2011
Guyz plz plz help! I want to re apply for tier uk student visa, I just want to know are ties documents must to show? Is any1 have got refusal bcoz of not showing ties document, please help!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 10:47pm On Oct 31, 2011
Boy619:

Guyz plz plz help! I want to re apply for tier uk student visa, I just want to know are ties documents must to show? Is any1 have got refusal bcoz of not showing ties document, please help!
I think you will get better response if you make your point coincised rather than rash.

'm trying to understand what you mean by 'ties' documents for tier 4 student visas. Can you elaborate?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Ronaldo200(m): 1:42am On Nov 01, 2011
Ono Tier 1, thanks so much bros, appreciate the swift response.

Passport is by virtue of parents having UK citizenship so was and I spent some childhood there. Was thinking of applying for fiancé as general visa, I have scrolled thru like u suggested and found some good tips on here. As for the fiancé, unfortunately she lost her job back in April and has had none since, it doesn't look too good as I don't think there is much showing that she has strong ties to Nigeria. But we will process anyway and see how it goes, baba God dey and anything is possible.

Was thinking of using my sister to do the invite like u suggested, we thought it better that I did so that they don't claim "there isn't a strong enough connection" between my fiancé and my sister. Thanks for help; I appreciate.

Ps; the reason I am stressing the virgn passport is that she hasnt left Nigeria, is in her twenties, kind of puts her in a high-risk bracket as far as ukba concerned, that was my opinion
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by dalobaba: 12:28pm On Nov 01, 2011
hello everybody,
I am presently having my youth service corp and i will liketo travel to the UK during easter next year, please, i will like to have a clue on the documents i need to submmit for the application, i have tried going there during chrismas last year but i guess my document was just not enough and i dont want to make such mistake again, please help me out, i want to ask question, Does former applications affect new application?, thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Boy619: 2:16pm On Nov 01, 2011
@0mo ties documents are documents which prove that you wil return to your home country aftr ur studyz e.g family matters,things you own in ur home country etc, Can i gt tier 4 visa refusal if i mis these documents?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by cretin: 5:34pm On Nov 01, 2011
HELP HOUSE, I APPLIED FOR UK VISA ON THE 24TH OCT 2011, i paid for sms notification, i just checked today and the message i got from the site is that YOUR APPLICATION IS READY FOR COLLECTION, PLEASE VISIT THE UK APPLICATION CENTER WHERE YOU SUBMITTED FOR COLLECTION.

pls i dont want 2 waste my money going 2 lagos,am worried that i didnt receive an sms notification, do u guys think its an error or i should risk it n go?.
why am worried is that most peeps complained recently that their visa application took weeks to process, but this my own is barely a week.
pls advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by TopAnalyst(m): 6:11pm On Nov 01, 2011
The sms thing is a fraud. They collect #400 from you and will not give you any alert. I picked up my application without receiving any alert. I go checking periodically at the VFS centre. You can go come to Lagos to pick up your passport - don't wait for any alert.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by beejaybida(m): 12:42pm On Nov 02, 2011
Didnt get any alert either but got d same msg online. Go over to VFS and check. Best of luck. I juat picked up ma 6months multiple. Heartfelt gratitude to Omo Tier, VicJustice and other helpers here especially JustWise. You guys r wonderful. God bless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 3:27pm On Nov 02, 2011
beejaybida:

Didnt get any alert either but got d same msg online. Go over to VFS and check. Best of luck. I juat picked up ma 6months multiple. Heartfelt gratitude to Omo Tier, VicJustice and other helpers here especially JustWise. You guys r wonderful. God bless.

Congrat bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Chuks84(m): 7:02pm On Nov 07, 2011
Hi. please I would like some advice. I got a 2 yr UK visa back in 2003, I never used it. When it expired, i reapplied and got a 5yr visa, but due to unforeseen circumstances I never made use of that one too. i would like to re apply for another UK visa. what are my chances?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 1:50am On Nov 08, 2011
Chuks84:

Hi. please I would like some advice. I got a 2 yr UK visa back in 2003, I never used it. When it expired, i reapplied and got a 5yr visa, but due to unforeseen circumstances I never made use of that one too. i would like to re apply for another UK visa. what are my chances?
Hi ya mate!
your chance is as good as how best you can explain why on earth you 'wasted' 7years worth of permit granted you by her majesty! All hail the queen - kidding-

But seriously your concern should be puting through a very convincing arguement in your 'Additional information' section of the form mainly to convince the ECO that your not visiting the UK for period granted wasn't 'cos of funds but rather 'cos of your tight schedule and commitments which kept you so busy!

If your arguement is convincing and you do not fall foul under the general brounds for refusal, coupled with your finances being in order, they MIGHT hit your pappi with a 10years multiple entry -yup - seen it done before !
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Julieni: 9:57am On Nov 09, 2011
i have applied for a family uk visit visa since september and up till now, i cant track, trace or even get details or reason for delay. is it just me or is it a general delay process? can anyone please help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Julieni: 10:03am On Nov 09, 2011
how do i track my uk visit visa online, i have tried, but keeps telling me invalid search, what do i do, or how do i enter the ref number
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 09, 2011
Julieni:

i have applied for a family uk visit visa since september and up till now, i cant track, trace or even get details or reason for delay. is it just me or is it a general delay process? can anyone please help
finally i have seen someone in the same ordeal as me,  i applied for a tourist visa since october4 since then till now. havnt gotten any  response from them. i dont know whats wrong with bhc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Julieni: 4:49pm On Nov 09, 2011
i have called, but no one is takin my callss, how do i even track with my reference number, any idea?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 09, 2011
Julieni:

i have called, but no one is takin my callss, how do i even track with my reference number, any idea?
google vfs global in nigeria
nd follow up
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Julieni: 5:11pm On Nov 09, 2011
@ topnet, i finally got it tracked after searching all thru the day on google, they said it has been sent to the british high commission, have u gotten yours, mine has been since 29th of september. don know why it is taking so loneg.

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.