Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,843 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

Striking Down Rule 17 - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Striking Down Rule 17 (30006 Views)

How To Get Attractive And Striking Lips / Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland / ASUU Strike Latest: Mimiko Commences Recruitment In AAUA To Replace Striking Lec (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Nobody: 11:10am On May 09, 2013
outrage: Why not add other religion.
It is obvious others don't care how their religion is spoken about on this forum, since they are thanking you for removing it, instead of modifying it to suit every religion.

Just incase you haven't noticed muslims can't insult or talk bad about christain believes like insulting jesus/moses/adam etc. Usually when they talk bad about the religion, its on a personal level.

But on the other hand chirtains and other religion insult and talk bad about our prophet muhammad (saw) and islam in general. That is very unacceptable.

I know I can't say much to change your mind seun, but muslim MODS this is your responsibility, its on your shoulders to see that the religion of islam is protected on this forum to the best of your knowledge.

You got out cries that it was unfair to the christains for the rule number 17, its unfair to muslims to strik it out. I believe since its a democratic enviroment, we should meet at the middle.

Personaly I don't talk bad or look down on any persons believes, you can go through my comments and confirm. But I know everybody can't be the same, hence that's why we need rules.

Please seun, be fair to islam..

Since he cant add other religion then is better to get rid of the rule, I have already requested for immunity from RULE 21 To speak my mama and papa tongue is a must because it is my identity.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Omen100(m): 11:11am On May 09, 2013
Abeg make una nor vex 4 me o, na watin dem dey use d rules take dey do?
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by gyrion(m): 11:11am On May 09, 2013
thanks 4 re-considerin....na to re number am remain nd erm rule 21 na our grand style 4 9ja....
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by toria1980(f): 11:11am On May 09, 2013
Pls plsE Inglish is not my father's or Mother's lastguage, plus i no gree go skool, if u bant me because of Rules 21..it will not be fair on illiterate like us.
Free to cuss me because of my badt write up, i no send o
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Nobody: 11:12am On May 09, 2013

1 Like

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Nobody: 11:14am On May 09, 2013
What has that got to do with anything?? Mtcheew!
life_style:

The guy you are correcting is a millionaire in dollars..

1 Like

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by vascey(m): 11:14am On May 09, 2013
dulphines:

Thank you Seun! What is left is for you to renumber them. 18 should now become 17.

16. Don't promote MLM schemes, HYIPS, or other questionable schemes on Nairaland.
18. Don't spam the forum by posting the same content over and over, to avoid being terminated.
19. Don't create a new account when banned for breaking a rule. If you do, make sure we don't find out

No he should leave it like that to remind everyone that comes to this house of the day we said NO! to terrorism on the internet. We refused to be cowed. We refuse to be intimidated. And there shall be no "Rule17" in this house.

2 Likes

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Maxymilliano(m): 11:14am On May 09, 2013
Very good of you, Rule 17 is more like a Military decree, expunging such contentious rule is just the way to go.

Sometimes, what is fair is foul and foul is fair.

A listening administrator you are, just like the President... Keep it up!

1 Like

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Ezeebube2(m): 11:15am On May 09, 2013
spywareczar: Please do that, because you really have no idea what I wanted doing on nairaland when I saw that 17th rule, now that its down for good, I will just have to change my mind for peace sake. Thanks

PS: I have already created 10 nairaland accounts and compiled over 200 anti-islam images ready to storm every section, but now that the 17th rule have been taken down, I have no option than to abort my mission.

OMG. Some dudes were born to do mischief, i mean mischief personified.

Seun, xup with rule 21?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by JOYCEOUS(f): 11:15am On May 09, 2013
So he shld nt b korectd.? Hun!!!?
life_style:

The guy you are correcting is a millionaire in dollars..
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by outrage: 11:15am On May 09, 2013
[size=14pt]seun isn't its obvious that from the replies, the issue has never been the blasphemy against the christain religion but just becuaes special consideration was giving to islam.[/size]

They don't care what you think and say about their religion.. Its a shame, inferiority complex at highest.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:16am On May 09, 2013
The natives are appeased and the gods are pleased. even without Rule 17 I doubt anyone (save the blissfully ignorant) will want to insult ISLAM knowingly... very few have lived to tell
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by vascey(m): 11:17am On May 09, 2013
I heard some dudes with connection to "Annonymous" were already making contact.
Power to the people. I still dey vex sha.

1 Like

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by nikkyshyne(f): 11:17am On May 09, 2013
Don't mind Seun. The rule still holds just that it has been expressly cancelled. 'Yimu'
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Nobody: 11:17am On May 09, 2013
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by blesszzy(m): 11:17am On May 09, 2013
laylow001: This is a feri feri good development.It is very Bombastic and garrilicious.Rule 21 should stay.No one should come and wrote,i mean right,i mean left,i mean written feri bad englich here.This is seun grammar school for only english speakers.Lets us all be concobility..Thank you for your gangantansious understooding..

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Lokoyen(m): 11:17am On May 09, 2013
This shows you are leader changing the rule doesnot make you weak.
I will not CURSE YOU & NAIRALAND TO COLAPSE again.
I gave 24hours that the rule be changed and you did within 4hours.
From now on Any one Be it a MUSLIM OR CHRISTIAN OR ATHEIST WISHING THAT EVIL HAPPEN TO YOU WILL FALL DOWN AND DIE BY FIRE IN JESUS NAME.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Nobody: 11:18am On May 09, 2013
ATMC: nobody's is perfect when it comes to english including anybody...and everybody...hence rule 21 should go too.

Btw @op you ought to know dt changing one rule will lead to changing many. You should have been a shade more diplomatic!
ATMC ALREADY MAKING EXCUSES FOR HER UBIQUITOUS GBAGAUNS grin grin grin OR AS IT IS KNOWN IN THE UPPER CRUST CIRCLES ' HER UBIQUITOUS SHELLINGS '. WE NEED ATMC IN THE NIGERIAN MILITARY. SHE CAN SHELL HER WAY INTO THE ENEMIES FORTRESS AND OVERCOME grin grin JK
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by jhydebaba(m): 11:18am On May 09, 2013
--
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Nobody: 11:18am On May 09, 2013
spywareczar: Please do that, because you really have no idea what I wanted doing on nairaland when I saw that 17th rule, now that its down for good, I will just have to change my mind for peace sake. Thanks

PS: I have already created 10 nairaland accounts and compiled over 200 anti-islam images ready to storm every section, but now that the 17th rule have been taken down, I have no option than to abort my mission.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by luvinhubby(m): 11:18am On May 09, 2013
You should have listened to the mods initially, it would have saved you this embarassment, hope you'll listen to their other suggestions, especially on rule 21.
Now go grab a big cold bottle of beer & cool off.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by naptu2: 11:19am On May 09, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: While your at it....Bring Cuddlemii back.

+100

1 Like

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by EMPERORAMAECHI(m): 11:19am On May 09, 2013
None is perfect
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by efe2000: 11:19am On May 09, 2013
Seun: Fellow Nairaland Members,

Your outrage over the unfair appearance of rule 17 has been noted, and so I have decided to strike it down!

Thank you for correcting me and setting me straight. We certainly need to be fair to every religion.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.
Chairman Sir, do ou not think that rule 21 discriminates against those who are not as educated as your humble self, are you by any means saying that those who cant spell correctly should not visit or use nairaland. incase you don't know sir even the so called English people whose land I currently live in struggle with spellings. in my opinion Sir I do not think your rule 21 is fair. I am sure I don't sound like an illiterate to you but I am also sure that if you read through my comment here you might come across some spelling error. does that mean i should desist from posting on here.

I beg you to reconsider your stand on this. God luck.

2 Likes

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by vascey(m): 11:20am On May 09, 2013
It's amazing how people climb the ladder of success and forget how they got to the top.

cc: seun

1 Like

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by tuber01: 11:20am On May 09, 2013
Seun,where u put name before where u dey bare Sulaimon,kudos to uanyway,i can see an element of humilty in u NOW,also know this: no nairalanders no nairaland.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by uju22(f): 11:20am On May 09, 2013
good
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Ezeebube2(m): 11:20am On May 09, 2013
Duke_Nija:

Do you honestly think you can stand Seun grammatically? Ode!

dont mind the muntula bro, to strike down simply means that it would resurface again but modified.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by mrjingles(m): 11:21am On May 09, 2013
o boy na usabi" if u laik strike down iroko tree: boyz don provok? watof de yeye rule 21, na primary skul class we dey> u be mister jimoh my teacher? guy couple yasef abeg, if peepo no kom dis your blackboard evryday u no go mek shishi so berra respect.

2 Likes

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by sofadj(m): 11:21am On May 09, 2013
He was actually at a crossroad between being greedy and being fair.
As a businessman he chose the former.

I have some form of respect for Mr Seun as a businessman.
An issue like this shows the thin line of separation that exists between being a good leader and being a good businessman.

He is well aware like most people are saying here that religion is a sensitive issue, he is also aware that given similar conditions of insults and intolerance, of all the religions, Islam is the the religion with followers that are most likely to spark first. He knows the various comments on nairaland containing insults against religions are partly what makes the site fun and unique and subsequently rakes in money.

He has only tried to balance it by removing insults to Islam which he knows could spell trouble but tolerating insults to other religion which is relatively harmless.
He knows he can't generally apply the rule as this will make the site too rigid, boring and so he will lose patronage.

He knows its unfair as he has honestly agreed but as a businessman he is greedy enough to know that Christians will only rant and rant but will not pose any threat and will not boycott the site as well and infact their rants will only make the site more fun.
Funny someone even opened a twitter handle to canvass people to boycott nairaland, this will only make the site more popular and rake in more for Seun.

He obviously has chosen to strike the rule off for now, but in the future I'm sure another action will be taken in a bid to reduce the insults against islam.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life / Hit And Run Driver Kills Man In Benue State (Viewers' Discretion Advised) / Pregnant Woman Delivers Baby In A Bus While Traveling From Bori To Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.