Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,576 members, 7,812,872 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Striking Down Rule 17 - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Striking Down Rule 17 (30009 Views)

How To Get Attractive And Striking Lips / Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland / ASUU Strike Latest: Mimiko Commences Recruitment In AAUA To Replace Striking Lec (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by DaWhiz: 11:23am On May 09, 2013
Seun: Fellow Nairaland Members,

Your outrage over the unfair appearance of rule 17 has been noted, and so I have decided to strike it down!

Thank you for correcting me and setting me straight. We certainly need to be fair to every religion.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

The boss has spoken #likeABoss tongue
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Damitism: 11:23am On May 09, 2013
Even though u change that your moronic rule, i still hate this website. What were you thinking when you formed those nonsense? Just wait till i find a better website!!! Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Nobody: 11:23am On May 09, 2013
Ife mi Seun! kiss kiss thanks...
That being said, no one should speak ill of any religion or belief, if u don't like it, move on! angry
I will ban anyone who insults any religion!!!

oº°˚ wait, I'm not a mod or super mod, so I can't ban...

1 Like

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Inik(m): 11:24am On May 09, 2013
sofa-dj:

He was actually at a crossroad between being greedy and being fair.
As a businessman he chose the former.

I have some form of respect for Mr Seun as a businessman.
An issue like this shows the thin line of separation that exists between being a good leader and being a good businessman.

He is well aware like most people are saying here that religion is a sensitive issue, he is also aware that given similar conditions of insults and intolerance, of all the religions, Islam is the the religion with followers that are most likely to spark first. He knows the various comments on nairaland containing insults against religions are partly what makes the site fun and unique and subsequently rakes in money.

He has only tried to balance it by removing insults to Islam which he knows could spell trouble but tolerating insults to other religion which is relatively harmless.
He knows he can't generally apply the rule as this will make the site too rigid, boring and so he will lose patronage.

He knows its unfair as he has honestly agreed but as a businessman he is greedy enough to know that Christians will only rant and rant but will not pose any threat and will not boycott the site as well and infact their rants will only make the site more fun.
Funny someone even opened a twitter handle to canvass people to boycott nairaland, this will only make the site more popular and rake in more for Seun.

He obviously has chosen to strike the rule off for now, but in the future I'm sure another action will be taken in a bid to reduce the insults against islam.
Good analysis
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by FoxyVista(m): 11:24am On May 09, 2013
How about my accounts that were banned restored.

I promise to be peace loving and promote the good of Nairaland from today.

Finally.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by usomine007(m): 11:25am On May 09, 2013
life_style: --
How E take affect you or any other nairalander...iS it your money angry
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by ijawcitizen(m): 11:25am On May 09, 2013
Princelyod: seun,if Gej did this,you 'd probably joined to call him mr retardeen,week,unstable and on and on and on......now thats how hard it is to be at a focal point where you re sorrounded by 'human' which ofcourse are controversial,and you re percieved as a leader!....my point?...respect leader esp leaders in a religiously domineering country like nigeria.
On Point!
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Cdspencer(m): 11:25am On May 09, 2013
allahuakbar!
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by oloriooko(m): 11:26am On May 09, 2013
@ seun
am displeased that you threw that dirty joke at us to see our reaction, so if we had been mute you would have upheld that stinking rule 17 of yours, what a trash.

if you could initially publish rule 17 meaning you have a dirty, unfriendly and probably evil intentions towards the christians which i believe you still hold tenaciously.
i fear you very well o
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Paschal007: 11:26am On May 09, 2013
Yaay!!!!!!!!we won!! grin See why those asking for deactivate button would never leave. Never a dull moment around here. tongue
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by VicGoodGuy(m): 11:27am On May 09, 2013
'I have decided to strike it down'
That sounds a bit autocratic to me. Seun were you in any way trained by Abacha?
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Bonapart(m): 11:28am On May 09, 2013
outrage: [size=13pt]Why not add other religion.
It is obvious others don't care how their religion is spoken about on this forum, since they are thanking you for removing it, instead of modifying it to suit every religion.

Just incase you haven't noticed muslims can't insult or talk bad about christain believes like insulting jesus/moses/adam etc. Usually when they talk bad about the religion, its on a personal level.

But on the other hand chirtains and other religion insult and talk bad about our prophet muhammad (saw) and islam in general. That is very unacceptable.

I know I can't say much to change your mind seun, but muslim MODS this is your responsibility, its on your shoulders to see that the religion of islam is protected on this forum to the best of your knowledge.

You got out cries that it was unfair to the christains for the rule number 17, its unfair to muslims to strik it out. I believe since its a democratic enviroment, we should meet at the middle.

Personaly I don't talk bad or look down on any persons believes, you can go through my comments and confirm. But I know everybody can't be the same, hence that's why we need rules.

Please seun, be fair to islam..[/size]
its a shame dat upon all ur many words n writing i found no single sense in it n again u don't know the meanin of "fair n just" its a pity

2 Likes

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Nobody: 11:29am On May 09, 2013
N-landers no go kill person...Nd His Royal Nairaness d NO 21 is nt makin sense ooo Pls we wud very much like u to consida.....Pardon my english,I skipd english classes a lot
Thanx fr ur anticipated co-operation
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by omiobo: 11:29am On May 09, 2013
Seun,one bottle of Alomo for you. You did the right thing. The rule 17 was just a slap not only on christians but on babalawos grin
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by chlowi(f): 11:29am On May 09, 2013
@seun
First of all (go down low) ooops sorry , first and foremost I want to thank you for your reconsideration as regards rule 17. Wheather u strike it out or modify it to Religion only , however its fine by me ...Indeed you have proven a wise person as that rule probably wud have led to many abandoning this site myself inclusive .an enviable trait I must commend .
Secondly , in your adjustment pls reconsider rule 21, because the fun of having the site is to be able to express ourselves in our very own languages (nigerian) which to me is the spice of NAIRAland . NAIRA stands for every nigerian language /behaviour as well as our CURRY spice PIDGIN english... Dnt try to oyinbonise it else it wd smell sour... Like a famented egwusi soup...
You all so gbaguned tooo (STRIKE OFF instead of STRIKE OUT)
Once again , thanks
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by holakunle(m): 11:29am On May 09, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by ATMC(f): 11:30am On May 09, 2013
obadiah777: ATMC ALREADY MAKING EXCUSES FOR HER UBIQUITOUS GBAGAUNS grin grin grin OR AS IT IS KNOWN IN THE UPPER CRUST CIRCLES ' HER UBIQUITOUS SHELLINGS '. WE NEED ATMC IN THE NIGERIAN MILITARY. SHE CAN SHELL HER WAY INTO THE ENEMIES FORTRESS AND OVERCOME grin grin JK
hey you didn't notice d excuse was for seun...i tire for you o, ok get ur non reprobate azzz to d religious section we got scores to settle...
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by skydeexie(m): 11:31am On May 09, 2013
Still on Freedom of Speech, there's need to still address this issue. See what I mean by this telling cartoon below!

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Capnd143(m): 11:31am On May 09, 2013
Choi! Why na! Seun just twarted my plans to "port" to naijapals! I guess am not going anywhere then! Islam section take heart! Nairaland here i come back.

1 Like

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by omiobo: 11:32am On May 09, 2013
Foxy_Vista: How about my accounts that were banned restored.

I promise to be peace loving and promote the good of Nairaland from today.

Finally.

Who ask you for nairaland pledge?undecided

1 Like

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by chakula: 11:32am On May 09, 2013
With rule 17 or not Nothing will change people minds on viewing others religion inferior, suen act based on people voice.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Chubhie: 11:33am On May 09, 2013
Thats the spirit. Do try as much as possible not to mix business with religion. let your Mods take the heats for you and when too much for them to handle, They may take a bow and you can hire another..... but when the main boss takes all the heats and the kitchen gets too hot for him the business crashes.You are a wise boss. stay save against religious extremist.You may double your security from now on.lol.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by ChuckD1(m): 11:34am On May 09, 2013
ijaw citizen: Oga seun,
You don't "strike down" something that is written, You "strike it off".

No offence intended
Proper and auto-corrected English. @Seun, remember?
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:39am On May 09, 2013
naptu2:

+100
Seun....the rules are all okay, since m no Nigerian and I don't understand pidgin so rule 21 should stay.

Just two things; 1. Remove this rules, there are threads for rules not for us to read them everytime we post! Its Annoying and looks like a .#### we don't have 10commandments on our doors, they are in our hearts. Stop treating us like kids Seun, we are old enough to know what's right or wrong amen

2.Cuddlemii was removed by Mukina from being a mod, it was done in hushed tones don't you think that frequent posters of the Literature Section has to know what's going on? Please enlighten us sir.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by muaa(f): 11:40am On May 09, 2013
It is obvious others don't care how their religion is spoken about on this forum, since they are thanking you for removing it, instead of modifying it to suit every religion.

Just incase you haven't noticed muslims can't insult or talk bad about christain believes like insulting jesus/moses/adam etc. Usually when they talk bad about the religion, its on a personal level.

But on the other hand chirtains and other religion insult and talk bad about our prophet muhammad (saw) and islam in general. That is very unacceptable.

I know I can't say much to change your mind seun, but muslim MODS this is your responsibility, its on your shoulders to see that the religion of islam is protected on this forum to the best of your knowledge.

You got out cries that it was unfair to the christains for the rule number 17, its unfair to muslims to strik it out. I believe since its a democratic enviroment, we should meet at the middle.

Personaly I don't talk bad or look down on any persons believes, you can go through my comments and confirm. But I know everybody can't be the same, hence that's why we need rules.

1000dislike
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by lateef4me(m): 11:40am On May 09, 2013
God save u say you don srrike the obnoxious rule out .....
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by muaa(f): 11:40am On May 09, 2013

1000dislikes
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Nobody: 11:42am On May 09, 2013
Seun, modify rule 15 and 21... ASAP
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by mbhs139(m): 11:42am On May 09, 2013
outrage: Why not add other religion.

Please seun, be fair to islam..

Well, you are correct to a great extent. Seun should have included other religion in the first place. And no sane Muslim castigate other people's religion, particularly chritianity because doing so will make them commit an offence against God, which was brought about by the person that initiated it as an 'agent provocateure' and he will share greater part of the sin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

What‘s That One Thing You Love That You Can Never Outgrow No Matter Your Age? / Hit And Run Driver Kills Man In Benue State (Viewers' Discretion Advised) / 5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.