Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,577 members, 7,812,875 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Striking Down Rule 17 - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Striking Down Rule 17 (30010 Views)

How To Get Attractive And Striking Lips / Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland / ASUU Strike Latest: Mimiko Commences Recruitment In AAUA To Replace Striking Lec (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 09, 2013
Seun: Fellow Nairaland Members,

Your outrage over the unfair appearance of rule 17 has been noted, and so I have decided to strike it down!

Thank you for correcting me and setting me straight. We certainly need to be fair to every religion.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.
Baadt nigga! you don generate traffic finish you come decide to strike rule 17 down. correct guy! cheesy
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by tiwasiaife(m): 12:16pm On May 09, 2013
ijaw citizen: Oga seun,
You don't "strike down" something that is written, You "strike it off".

No offence intended
Are u trying to say that seun is an illitrate? Hmm! Asikwana namu si.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by NaLaugh: 12:16pm On May 09, 2013
I couldn't help but make this 'Summer Blockbuster Trailer' for "Rule 17" the movie. Forgive me cheesy

Coming soon to a theater Not near you. cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpaRY-cCtBk

1 Like

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by lifestyle1(m): 12:18pm On May 09, 2013
Na Laugh: I couldn't help but make this. Forgive me cheesy

shocked
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by lifestyle1(m): 12:20pm On May 09, 2013
naanxie: What has that got to do with anything?? Mtcheew!

Its a parable...
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 09, 2013

No offence intended

Lmao..u are a clown..u dey correct millionaire. .hehehe grin grin grin grin
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Danhumprey: 12:20pm On May 09, 2013
Agbgift:

And with that, he breached rule 21. So he should ban himself for that grin....@seun, review rule 21 too. Nigeria is a blessed with different langauages.
@bolded,am sorry I couldn't help laughing. That moment when the teacher became the student. grin grin
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by chris51(f): 12:22pm On May 09, 2013
Well done for striking off rule 17. It takes a considerate man to rescind his decision
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Danhumprey: 12:24pm On May 09, 2013
Rule number 20 is so sick,and sick,and sick,and sick,and sick,and sick,that I am wondering which medication can cure it of it sickness. The Mods can't respect themselves,yet you are demanding respect for them from us. That's silly. We need an apology from you.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by chris51(f): 12:24pm On May 09, 2013
chris51: Well done for striking off rule 17. It takes a considerate man to rescind his decision
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by lumideezle(m): 12:26pm On May 09, 2013
Seun:

Definition of STRIKE DOWN
3. To render ineffective; cancel: The court struck down the law.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/strike+down wink
Lmao seun don vex ooo, so my Oga at the top 2 has a sense of humor lol.
Frankly speaking I only come 2 NL 2 have fun, laugh @ the funny comments of some crazy Niralanders, set some people straight when its absoloutely necessary, and in general Fun is the intention.
So please coming up with rules and all that might just kill the fun inherent.
By the way those GIF pictures are somtimes absoulely funny.
Cheers mhen you are doing a good Job, I no vex with u again
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 09, 2013
Passing and dancing gangnam style
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by burkutu: 12:29pm On May 09, 2013
this reminded me of what mukina did in the jokes section last year;

'Good day People,
Please post intimate jokes in the sexuality section.
Do not post threads with intimate pictures or intimate jokes.
Any thread with intimate contents will be moved to sexuality and the poster banned.
Thanks for co-operating.'
https://www.nairaland.com/976665/intimate-jokes-not-allowed-anymore#11257865

she closed the thread after so many posters gave her a piece of their minds.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:30pm On May 09, 2013
Danhumprey: Rule number 20 is so sick,and sick,and sick,and sick,and sick,and sick,that I am wondering which medication can cure it of it sickness. The Mods can't respect themselves,yet you are demanding respect for them from us. That's silly. We need and apology from you.
seconded
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by 2sexyus: 12:31pm On May 09, 2013
I have never spoken ill of Islam but putting one above another is uncalled for.

We should learn to respect one another to live in peace.

Let's be frank, Christians aren't as unite as the muslims...

That is one characteristics I love about them. They are strongly weaved into one and can pray at any mosque they find themselves. Can same be said about Christians?

If we were this united, I see no way anyone would have abused the Christian faith...
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by lumideezle(m): 12:32pm On May 09, 2013
laylow001: This is a feri feri good development.It is very Bombastic and garrilicious.Rule 21 should stay.No one should come and wrote,i mean right,i mean left,i mean written feri bad englich here.This is seun grammar school for only english speakers.Lets us all be concobility..Thank you for your gangantansious understooding..

Lmao guy u don kolo I swear, thank u,u just made my day couldn't hold back my laughter
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Bontee: 12:33pm On May 09, 2013
The best thing to do is to create four sub-section . . . Islam. Christian, Atheist and traditional religion. Each sub-section is meant for those who practice those religion while the general one is for everyone to interact with each other. So with this arrangement, there will not be a issue of someone going to a subsection to cause problems or throw insults.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Demdem(m): 12:33pm On May 09, 2013
When will u strike down Ikenna for us? he is fast becoming a nuisance in politics section. i suspect he is gay.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Danhumprey: 12:34pm On May 09, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: While your at it....Bring Cuddlemii back.
seconded,thirded,fourthed,fifthed and so on. Damn! I really miss Cuddlemii,my best Nairaland moderator. She is fit to be a Super-mod.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by funkymedina: 12:38pm On May 09, 2013
I am not impressed ...rather then edit the rule to respect all religions he rather struck it off. The same comtempt that made him write it is still there . Also he never apologised! Instead he declared from his imaginary throne the HE has decided to stike it down.

I believe an apology is in order, you have offended the very core of many people who give you a lively hood and put food on your table. Man up and apologise!

1 Like

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:38pm On May 09, 2013
Danhumprey: seconded,thirded,fourthed,fifthed and so on. Damn! I really miss Cuddlemii,my best Nairaland moderator. She is fit to be a Super-mod.
I doubt if she will ever be a mod again....I miss her dearly.

As for Mukina....
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Danhumprey: 12:39pm On May 09, 2013
toria1980: Pls plsE Inglish is not my father's or Mother's lastguage, plus i no gree go skool, if u bant me because of Rules 21..it will not be fair on illiterate like us.
Free to cuss me because of my badt write up, i no send o
LMAO! Can't just stop laughing. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by DeepSight(m): 12:39pm On May 09, 2013
What did the Rule 17 say please, can anyone inform me?
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by desthan(m): 12:39pm On May 09, 2013
what is good for the banana is also good for the republic....

Rather than strike it out, you should have set same for Christianity too...
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Seun(m): 12:40pm On May 09, 2013
funky medina: I am not impressed ...rather then edit the rule to respect all religions he rather struck it off. The same comtempt that made him write it is still there . Also he never apologised! Instead he declared from his imaginary throne the HE has decided to stike it down.

I believe an apology is in order, you have offended the very core of many people who give you a lively hood and put food on your table. Man up and apologise!

I apologize!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by papaejima1: 12:41pm On May 09, 2013

No offence intended
And that is in contravention of rule 21.
Seun don fail him own law on proper use of english.

No come ban anybody here again oo based on that rule.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 09, 2013
o ya e gan! angry
but still it'd have been better if u include the same rule to apply to christians..instead of striking down the islamic rule as a whole. You're still biased and sentimental here. This just goes to show how you favour the muslims over christian members. Is it a crime if the christian also enjoy immunity like the muslims?? But no, u'd rather wipe the whole thing off. Well we'll manage that move
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by IleIfe2(m): 12:43pm On May 09, 2013
Seun:

Definition of STRIKE DOWN
3. To render ineffective; cancel: The court struck down the law.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/strike+down wink

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by anonimi: 12:44pm On May 09, 2013
Seun is definitely a very smart guy.
But then that should be obvious for a guy who has built an online forum that is addictive.
Way to go, our oga at the top!
BTW, any chance of you joining politics soon to run for LG councillor in your area
I go be your # 1 mobiliser.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 09, 2013
Na Laugh: I couldn't help but make this. Forgive me cheesy

LMAOOOO!!! 1 man, 21 rules.....I don die grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by gbame(m): 12:47pm On May 09, 2013
vox populi. Good one and also don't ban the use of pidgin english, its our lingua franca.
Re: Striking Down Rule 17 by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 09, 2013
deSika: now that you have shown yourself to be considerate. may i key into the mood of the moment to ask for AMNESTY for some nairalanders wu have been banned.

*winks* pls 4give my olivertwist tendencies
WE HEAR YOU DBANJ grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

What‘s That One Thing You Love That You Can Never Outgrow No Matter Your Age? / Hit And Run Driver Kills Man In Benue State (Viewers' Discretion Advised) / 5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.