Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? (12681 Views)

Is A Car A Necessity? / Help! Car A/c Only Chills Mornings & Evenings / Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by james1(m): 11:50pm On May 11, 2013
The word success must first be understood to fully get a handle on the situation;for some its a car,for some its a bicycle,for some its children,for some its an apartment,for some its a herd of cattle,for some its a farm of agricultural produce,for some its having a business of their own while for some it's a house of their own.
In the real sense success is doing well at anything one sets out to do e.g one sets out to buy a car and finally buys it,such person is successful at buying the car.

1 Like

Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by onyiekene: 2:18am On May 12, 2013
oses4u: As 4 ♍ę, i have all d opportunity to get a nice car but i had to put d money in2 d business 3months ago dats paying of now plus i still get my monthly salary. B4 December, profit from dat business will be sufficient to buy a car for mysef and keep maintaining it without touching my salary. So i have enof cash to send home, maintain my car and plan 4more business as time goes. Hope i got my rite?
Also remember that some business need car for it to operate well.
Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by otokx(m): 3:10am On May 12, 2013
looking at the words "true" then "sign" the question is already half way answered.
Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by Nobody: 4:13am On May 12, 2013
Even some landlords beg for food.
Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by muscadoh(m): 6:03am On May 12, 2013
Buying a car for me is a huge success because it ease the movement of your family to places. if u have ever been stranded waiting for public transport u will understand the success of having your own car.
Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by oses4u(m): 7:16am On May 12, 2013
onyiekene: Also remember that some business need car for it to operate well.
Of course! That's why i said as time goes i plan 4 other future business. But u don't have to wait to get a car b4 u start a business.
Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by cupid4ig(m): 9:34am On May 12, 2013
mediainspired: Buying a car is not necessarily a sign of success, but mostly a sign u're a focused induvidual. That is if u buy d car out of neccesity &not as a show-off to ladies, plus its a car within ur budget. Someone said if u buy a car, others wont easily help u. Wrong, dude! It depends on d league of biz u're playing in. There are some corporate organisations &big-time benefactors dat wont do biz wit u if u dont hav a car cos they believe u'v not got d level of success/exposure they need to invest in u or buy ur ideas/products (usually in millions or hundreds of thousands). Remember too, SUCCESS ATTRACTS MORE SUCCESS.
so so true reminds me of my cousin that was into house/ building interior decoration, a man wanted to give him a contract of 3million but then ask him why he is alwaying using okada dont he have a car? my cousin without having anything in mind said sir i dont have a car yet and that was how he missed out on a contract of 3milla. the following month he have to run to cotonu to buy one
Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by Debora246(f): 9:52am On May 12, 2013
It's only in 9ja dat owning a car is luxury.
Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 12, 2013
[quote
author=AdekunleBalogun]If you know the extent at which some Nigerian go
because they want to get a car sometimes surprises me. Fasting upon
fasting, vigil upon vigil and thanksgiving upon thanksgiving... I
wonder, do oyinbos do thanks giving when they bought a car or do they
wash with different wines?... [/quote]

why must you compare yourself with the 'oyinbos'?
smh, inferiority feelings run deep in your blood.
Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by fili24: 5:22pm On May 12, 2013
AdekunleBalogun: If you know the extent at which some Nigerian go because they want to get a car sometimes surprises me. Fasting upon fasting, vigil upon vigil and thanksgiving upon thanksgiving... I wonder, do oyinbos do thanks giving when they bought a car or do they wash with different wines?...

get your facts right, oyinbo value cars more than us
they spend alot to maintain their cars.
Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by PoloYoung(m): 5:17am On May 13, 2013
Buying of car is not that improvement it could be that the owner borrowed the moni and he want to but the car in transportation Abraka to Obiaruku
Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by NLGwoodey: 7:12am On May 13, 2013

YES!

Buying a car is a sign of success. Do you think it is easy to buy car? Someone has to have money to buy car.

I can guarantee you that 50% or more of Oyibo cannot afford cars if they have to do outright purchase.

So anyone that is able to save up in Nigeria and buys a car should be celebrated and that's why
it is seen as a sign of success.

Last time I checked, buying a car is not a sign of poverty
Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by NLGwoodey: 7:16am On May 13, 2013
AdekunleBalogun: If you know the extent at which some Nigerian go because they want to get a car sometimes surprises me. Fasting upon fasting, vigil upon vigil and thanksgiving upon thanksgiving... I wonder, do oyinbos do thanks giving when they bought a car or do they wash with different wines?...

Because Oyibo no dey buy cars like we do. It is pay as you go. The car is partially yours. Once you miss 2 or 3 payments, the car company will send a towing van to take the car back. So oyibo no buy car in the real sense of it.

Just like those ones bragging about their big mansions in US, UK, etc. It is pay as you go (financed) for about 30 years.
If you miss about 2 or 3 monthly payments, the bank will repossess the house and everything you already paid is gone.
And you are back to square one. That means, you better not miss these payments in the 30-yrs that you are financing the house. Better, if the market value goes up, you can sell it, pay off the bank and keep the equity.

If the price is stagnant and you lose your job..it will create a chain reaction. List of things to go: Loss of your job takes away your health Insurance, cars, house, etc. So your job is your life. Therein comes the stress.

Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by gbokukueba(m): 10:26am On May 13, 2013
brilapluz:
hahahahaha..i tink it sud b d oda way round..dont U tink so..y buy a car wen U dont have d means 2 maintain it..U sud now know who has d poverty tinkn(or may i say poor mentality)..hehehe!

I know your type. Its people like you that started saying getting a sim and phone is not the issue its buying credit that is the issue and you have graduated into buying a car is not the issue but maintaining the car.

You mentioned having a second job that brings you income outside salary... who says you cant maintain a car on your salary if it is adequate? Am sure you will prefare to live in your own house at baruwa and working on the island rather than rent a house at Gbagada which will be close to work...

You better enjoy your life... Life is too short for iranu!!!
Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by unforgiven: 11:46am On May 13, 2013

the 'oyinbos" you are talking about have very GOOD, EFFICIENT and FUNCTIONAL transport system.
Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by blackbeau1(f): 1:36pm On May 13, 2013
in developed countries, not really but in nigeria where most of the population cant afford to buy a new car, its a sure sign of success.
Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by emekarl4u: 1:39pm On May 13, 2013
car is not reachness but neccessity and is also a step to another level in LIFE.
Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by brilapluz(m): 12:13am On May 14, 2013
gbokukueba:

I know your type. Its people like you that started saying getting a sim and phone is not the issue its buying credit that is the issue and you have graduated into buying a car is not the issue but maintaining the car.

You mentioned having a second job that brings you income outside salary... who says you cant maintain a car on your salary if it is adequate? Am sure you will prefare to live in your own house at baruwa and working on the island rather than rent a house at Gbagada which will be close to work...

You better enjoy your life... Life is too short for iranu!!!
hahahahah..indeed..now i know ur kind of person..no wonder only 10% of d world's population are wealthy while 90% of ur kind r strugglin wit unnecessary expenses just 2 show off and tink u can rub shoulders wit d rich..now i know y u may neva gain wealth because U c money wit d eyes of an employee..expenses,more expenses,liabilities,more liabilities..smh..kep being a slave 4 dat company and hope it doesnt encounter any downsizing soon..na dere ur eye go shine..just hope it wont b 2 late 4 U..lol
Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by gbokukueba(m): 10:12pm On May 15, 2013
brilapluz:
hahahahah..indeed..now i know ur kind of person..no wonder only 10% of d world's population are wealthy while 90% of ur kind r strugglin wit unnecessary expenses just 2 show off and tink u can rub shoulders wit d rich..now i know y u may neva gain wealth because U c money wit d eyes of an employee..expenses,more expenses,liabilities,more liabilities..smh..kep being a slave 4 dat company and hope it doesnt encounter any downsizing soon..na dere ur eye go shine..just hope it wont b 2 late 4 U..lol

what is your definition of wealth?
Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by brilapluz(m): 10:28pm On May 15, 2013
gbokukueba:

what is your definition of wealth?
hmmm..r U 4 real?
Ok..let me ask U a question b4 i tell U..Given ur current living standard,how long will U b able 2 live b4 U go broke?
Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by brilapluz(m): 10:45pm On May 15, 2013
@gbokukueba,is wealth really
measured by d number of cars U hv or how much
money you have in the bank?
Most people believe wealth is signified by the
possession of a lot of money
or owning a lot of luxurious
items.
We have often
associated wealthy people with the luxury house, big
car, expensive jewellery they
owned or the posh restaurant
which they dine in etc..
the concept of wealth is
defined simply as the
number of days you can
survive forward if you stop
working today
..It is not measured in naira and kobo,
but by the number of days
which you do not have to
work!
Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by Osama10(m): 11:23pm On May 15, 2013
More response people. grin
Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 16, 2013
youngchopper: No be money dem dey take buy car. Its only the poor nairalanders dat will say shitz like this! So na to dey fly okada beta pass abi?? Can a poor man afford to buy and maintain a car? Developed countries transport system is organized datz yy dey dont care much about owning a car.

so on point.
Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 16, 2013
Every time i hear words like "car is not success" its always coming from those that cannot afford one.
Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 16, 2013
@gbokukueba,u are d typ of pple dat makes the poor poorer...if pple like u control an economy,the economy wil b zero,al al the wealth ur society av wil make pple get poorer.
Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 16, 2013
A WEALTHY man perceives a car,creates a factory to produce the car and employ pple to work in it.Soon the society has what they need(affordable cars),his employees are getting paid n he is at home sleeping in peace,knowing vry well that he has changed the life of others.......!A wealthy man creates to satisfy a need at no expenses to another.It might take time,but they always enhance their community or nation.
Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 16, 2013
A RICH man goes and buys a cheap car for $100,fixes it up for another $100 and ships it up to nigeria 4 another $100(total expenses = $300)...!He then kums to nigeria to sell a car an american wil buy $5 for $1000 and he then goes back to america to brag how he made $700 profit 4 nothing...!Yes he has $700 cash but he is puting trash(car) into is economy at an inflated rate.
Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by Nobody: 6:43pm On May 16, 2013
A wealthy man creates riches or income 4 others and his system keeps supplying with abundance.....,!While a rich man makes himself rich and making others poor.
Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 16, 2013
A wealthy man has an idea to create a product or service that is needed in a society n wit tym he allows others to b involved to promote the service or product....!A rich man almost creates nothing,he his forming a smart business man,he has no intention or lacks the ability to help others.His main aim is to make money by skeaming the system others(wealthy men) created......!Whr a society is filled wit wealthy pple,thr is a narrow gap btw d rich and the poor,but when the society is filled with rich pple,thr is a wide gap btw d rich and d poor.The rich man gets richer in the name of inflation that eventually leads to a brk down in the society,making the poor poorer......!Thats y there is a big difference btw an economist and a business man,when n economist is trying to create wealth,a business man is just trying to make money.
Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 16, 2013
The big difference btw a wealthy man n a rich man is KNOWLEGDE....!A wealthy man can neva get broke easily even if he has sum financial problem he can stil go back to mino production...,but a rich man can get broke easily returning to square 1,a grade A in poverty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) / Why Do ECUs/ECMs/PCMs Always Go Bad Frequently In Naija? / Reasons Why Your Car Loses Power While Driving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.