Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? (12682 Views)

Is A Car A Necessity? / Help! Car A/c Only Chills Mornings & Evenings / Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by gbokukueba(m): 8:47pm On May 16, 2013
brilapluz:
hmmm..r U 4 real?
Ok..let me ask U a question b4 i tell U..Given ur current living standard,how long will U b able 2 live b4 U go broke?

There is no sense in your question...

1 Like

Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by brilapluz(m): 9:06pm On May 16, 2013
gbokukueba:

There is no sense in your question...
hahahahahaha..U make make me laugh so hard..there r two reasons y U cant undastand dat question..its either U cant read btw d lines or U r indirectly tryn 2 display an air of ignorance..let me rephrase dat statement 4 ur comprehension..how long can ur money sustain U witout working..? get d picture?
Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by patsucess: 9:56pm On May 26, 2013
I've noticed over time how the perception of people towards others change when they get a car-new, foreign used and nigerian used. It really doesn't matter the state of the car. The buyer starts hearing words like congratulations, we go wash am, you have arrived and all sorts.

Is getting a car really a success benchmark?
CAN YOU IMAGINE I NEVER KNEW YOU ARE THIS POOR

1 Like

Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by mrakin(m): 9:00am On May 27, 2013
Very interesting topic
1. We all need to move from one place to the other, either u own a car or not you need to pay to move from places to places
2. If you have a large family, I think you need a car. That reduces d cost of transport and ease u d stress of looking for public transportation
3. If your business requires that you buy a car, go for it.
4. A car is not a luxury but a necessity. Look our climate, in the raining season, sometimes you will blame youself for not owning a car especially when going out with kids.

Therefore never mind some traditional believes, get a car if u can afford it and if u can maintain it without running into serious debt

Remember, do not spend more than
50% of your income on NEEDS
30% of your income on WANTS

Always save at least 20% of your income to invest. Source----GTB
Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by DRICH1: 4:11pm On Jun 15, 2013
unforgiven: Transportation, like housing, electricity, etc, is a major challenge in the Nigerian society. Always, your ability to resolve a major challenge shows that you have moved a notch up, in the society.
nija think really fast o shocked shocked shocked shocked. u must be a genius cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by DRICH1: 4:16pm On Jun 15, 2013
Libkid: Lyk my papa would say if u want to get help 4rm ppl dont go get a car first.u knw y?? Cos ppl wil think dat u are rich and can handle all problem dat cums ur way
...that only applied in a much poorer clan. what if u hv a small business that requires u have one?...wait till when?
Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by DRICH1: 4:56pm On Jun 15, 2013
"success" that's what a car means to the society where we found ourselves.- Nija!!! ....FOr me , it is n it is not! It all depends on individual critical analysis of oneself means of life. I had less than a million when I bought my car for abt 650k leaving me with less than 200k. Lolz. ...but that car became my business partner , coz it took me to my clients (nigerians o) and I got more money...coz I entered places. Walahi.
Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by DRICH1: 5:00pm On Jun 15, 2013
D-RICH:
"success" that's what a car means to the society where we found ourselves.- Nija!!! ....FOr me , it is n it is not! It all depends on individual critical analysis of oneself means of life. I had less than a million when I bought my car for abt 650k leaving me with less than 200k. Lolz. ...but that car became my business partner , coz it took me to my clients (nigerians o) and I got more money...coz I entered places. Walahi.
grin u will loose projects if u don't care to get one ,in ,Nigeria with nigerians... Experience is the best teacher
Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by DRICH1: 5:52pm On Jun 15, 2013
Lexusgs: Depends on the car in question. If we are talking Bugatti Veyron, Lamborghini veneno,Pagani Zonda,Maybach landaulet,Zenvo ST1,Hennessey Venom GT spyder,Mclaren F1, Ferrari Enzo,Aston Martin one-77,Ascari,Koenigsegg or other cars in this league, then the answer is, YES !!!!!!
hay my nigga, u ain't making sense here u knw? Take for instance : in Nigeria aw many ppl have any of the cars u mentioned as a possession? Does it mean ppl aren't successful here?...those buildings owners in V.I, Maggodo, IKoyi, LEKKI ,VGC , name it around Nigeria who ride VEnZa aren't successful ? Is that what u want to have US believe?....those cars u mentioned are under "Heavy LUXURY" category, Ma nigga!!
Re: Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? by 735i(m): 5:10pm On Jun 18, 2013
Buying a car don't mean jack!!!. When the organisation i work for forced me to buy a brand new car in 2010; i had barely 30k left as take home after monthly deductions.....and peeps were busy hailing me.....me wey not fit even afford to drink beer that period. When i offset the loan, i disposed the car immediately. Whas the point in having a brand new car and not being able to buy more than 2k fuel at once. angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Convert Right Hand Drive Truck To Left Hand Drive (urgent) / Why Do ECUs/ECMs/PCMs Always Go Bad Frequently In Naija? / Reasons Why Your Car Loses Power While Driving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.