Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,258 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms (33173 Views)

Wow! Blackberry Launch BBM Stickers In IGBO / Transfering Contacts From Blackberry To Android. / Blackberry Wants To Launch BBM For Pc [pics] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by litaninja(m): 8:54pm On May 14, 2013
Did someone just put "BBM is colourful" earlier on?

Like hear the sound of "I use BBm because its more colourful".....seriously

Like, really??!!!

3 Likes

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by josemaria03(m): 8:54pm On May 14, 2013
justfree.:
i remain mute lipsrsealed, let them launch it first, if e still sharp like normal bb then i gats switch to better and higher alternative platform cheesy i dey miss my fifa 13 on this Z10 cry... i just hope other platform work on their batt cuz for now bb10 batt is the best so far cool

motorola as the best batt so far apart from nokia basic phones
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by yomanovic: 9:17pm On May 14, 2013
noskeybaba:

Oya see this mmummu using curve 2 Aηδ saying blackberry is shiitt. May God deliver u.

Aηδ τ̅☺ all you band wagoners that are famzing with Android, most of u post with nokia x2. If we do an honest poll on what phones nairalanders use, I bet 60% use a blackberry phone. Nonsense!!!

I use samsung galaxy Y pro duos gt-b5512. it has physical keyboard and above all, has two sim slots. It cost 25k only and 16k for London used at Ladipo.

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by yomanovic: 9:18pm On May 14, 2013
noskeybaba:

Oya see this mmummu using curve 2 Aηδ saying blackberry is shiitt. May God deliver u.

Aηδ τ̅☺ all you band wagoners that are famzing with Android, most of u post with nokia x2. If we do an honest poll on what phones nairalanders use, I bet 60% use a blackberry phone. Nonsense!!!

I use samsung galaxy Y pro duos gt-b5512. it has physical keyboard and above all, has two sim slots. It cost 25k only and 16k for London used at Ladipo. Try one and you'll be conviced. Pls dont root or install a custom rom. You may not like it afterall.

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 14, 2013
Its a great news. BBM is finally cross-platform. The real competition is between Skype and BBM. Bye Bye to Live/Y!m/GoogleTalk/WhatsApp. Apple fans will share the best of 2 worlds and android fans will now access a robust messaging platform on their cheaper gadgets.
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by justfree1(m): 9:23pm On May 14, 2013
motorola seems am lost, android or ios product? forget nokia, na gunner em be undecided lipsrsealed
josemaria03:

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by justfree1(m): 9:25pm On May 14, 2013
yea that is true cuz of the bbm voice and video chat cool
Billyonaire: Its a great news. BBM is finally cross-platform. The real competition is between Skype and BBM. Bye Bye to Live/Y!m/GoogleTalk/WhatsApp. Apple fans will share the best of 2 worlds and android fans will now access a robust messaging platform on their cheaper gadgets.
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 14, 2013
rman:

The only thing Whatsapp doess better than BBM is the cross platform function, BBM is more clourfull, delivers all you mentioned better (IMO), and no one has developed a better chat platform till now.

I never said bbm does not deliver. i said whatsapp delivers faster.

i also said whatsapp shows when a user was last seen online,does bbm do that?

i use the two of them and i've compared them practically.
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 14, 2013
rill: But wat ws RIM tinkin wen dey came up wt dis decision I tink dis actually gonna do dem more harm dan good
blackberry just made the smartest choice of thier lives! Bb have foreseen the future and saw that they will finally go down the drain e.g in the US z10 made more returns than sales so therefore bb wants to use BBM to generate more income by taking it across all platforms 4rm there if the bb os platforms fails, The can generate income 4rm BBM like whats app! And i tell u whats app are in 4 real competition!

2 Likes

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 14, 2013
I fore saw this coming..........
and i also fore blackberry os becoming an open os like windows and andriod
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Ardedaryor(m): 9:54pm On May 14, 2013
it will soon be by 1 bb fone and get 1 free...cant wait to using BBM on my htc touch pro 2 Gen Y Booting(windows mo & andriod) tongue tongue tongue
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 14, 2013
Rudebwoy:

I never said bbm does not deliver. i said whatsapp delivers faster.

i also said whatsapp shows when a user was last seen online,does bbm do that?

i use the two of them and i've compared them practically.
wrong!!!! BBM delivers faster...... BBM does not show when last seen cos U RE ALWAYS ONLINE!!!!!!! BBM has voice and video chat..... BBM CONNECT with almost every app on bb letting u update ur status anywhere u re! Any app ur usin! And besides BBM had a better and simpler UI than whats app! So
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 14, 2013
runzlord: wrong!!!! BBM delivers faster...... BBM does not show when last seen cos U RE ALWAYS ONLINE!!!!!!! BBM has voice and video chat..... BBM CONNECT with almost every app on bb letting u update ur status anywhere u re! Any app ur usin! And besides BBM had a better and simpler UI than whats app! So

so even when u are not using the phone anymore u'll still be online? grin

Whatsapp will show u when a contact last used the app. bbm does not show that.

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by walata2011(m): 10:29pm On May 14, 2013
This could be the beginning of the end for blackberry phones.
Users will rather go for smarter android/IOS devices than getting stuck to boring bb devices.
Hope the inter-platform BBM apps will be free.
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 14, 2013
dozman don: lol i knw wat its all abt man,i mean d IOS stuf,does nokia have it?

How would u be asking if iOS works on Nokia?
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 14, 2013
mr_born_todo_it:

nwanne curve 2 no be good BB, good BB na from Bold 5 and above !

I BOUGHT MY CURVE 2 LONG BEFORE MOST OF YOU WERE STILL USING NOKIA TORCH. AND I DUMPED IT YEARS AGO.
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 14, 2013
noskeybaba:

i BOUGHT MY CURVE 2 WHEN YOU WERE STILL WEARING DIAPERS. AND I DUMPED IT MORE THAN 3 YEARS AGO. tongue DA FVCK YOU CALLING MUMU?

SO SINCE YOU ARE SO SMART, TELL ME THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BOLD 5 AND CURVE 2? ANSWER: THEY HAVE DIFFERENT SHAPES grin grin

FACE IT, BLACKBERRY IS SHYT tongue
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Mogidi: 10:38pm On May 14, 2013
Too little too late
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Francheezy(m): 10:40pm On May 14, 2013
ios/android
dis clearly shows dat wp is fvckedd up
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 14, 2013
Point of correction pple, the reason I use bb is not because of bbm but because bis is cheap. For 1k on etisalat, I have unlimited data, my push email which is more than enuff requirement for me. I'm not like those android users that cry over mb or switch of their data network from time to time. My bb is more than enuff for my internet needs. When data on android becomes as cheap as 1k I will make no hesitation to consider switching but for now, na bb tinzzz ooo.

PS: Even Android users all want to use our lovely cheap unlimited data bis on their fones *tongue out*

2 Likes

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by hyelhira: 10:42pm On May 14, 2013
Finally. Time to buy that Tecno N7 everyone's raving about grin
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by badassnigga(m): 10:42pm On May 14, 2013
who needs bbm when we got a whole lot of messengers on ios and android.
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 14, 2013
12 inches!:
Point of correction pple, the reason I use bb is not because of bbm but because bis is cheap. For 1k on etisalat, I have unlimited data, my push email which is more than enuff requirement for me. I'm not like those android users that cry over mb or switch of their data network from time to time. My bb is more than enuff for my internet needs. When data on android becomes as cheap as 1k I will make no hesitation to consider switching but for now, na bb tinzzz ooo.

PS: Even Android users all want to use our lovely cheap unlimited data bis on their fones *tongue out*

mU CHe Che cHE che grin grin grin grin grin grin

WHILE WASTING 25 SECONDS WAITING FOR A WEB PAGE TO LOAD. grin grin grin

AINT NOBODY GAT TIME FOR THAT
cheesy cheesy

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by penticom: 10:54pm On May 14, 2013
point of correction, i use android phone, i also use BB plan on it. so i don't need to cry over MB as u said. i also enjoy more in term of browsing, sign up as many as possible mail address, FB, Gtalk, Whatsapp,just think of anything. googgle play store is another GBEMU, u better port to android. If BBM finally available for IOS and ANDROID, that is obituary of BB. have a nice day
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by flexxzzy(m): 10:54pm On May 14, 2013
That's a bad idea for blackberry, because the only thing they are good for is d BBM... Givin it out to other platforms gives rooms for users of BB to [b]PORT[\b] to other platforms..... RETAINING YOUR PRESENT CUSTOMERS IS BETTER THAN TRYING TO COMPETE AND GAIN GROUND MORE THAN OTHER SOCIAL NET. APPS LIKE WHATSAPP... Bad move from RIM
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 14, 2013
pDude:

mU CHe Che cHE che grin grin grin grin grin grin

WHILE WASTING 25 SECONDS WAITING FOR A WEB PAGE TO LOAD. grin grin grin

AINT NOBODY GAT TIME FOR THAT
cheesy cheesy

That is not true. My pages load very fast on my etisalat. Or how do u think I post on NL?
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Nobody: 11:17pm On May 14, 2013
Rudebwoy:

so even when u are not using the phone anymore u'll still be online? grin

Whatsapp will show u when a contact last used the app. bbm does not show that.
Ironically that 'Online' and 'Last Seen' feature is the only thing I hate about whatsapp. You cannot choose to feign busy and ignore a message because the individual will see you are online. No privacy. On the other hand, I can only install BBM if they remove that 'Recent Updates' feature and limit DP changes to 1 per week! Those things annoy me badly as people now use it as a way of running a mini 'reality tv show'. Whatsapp for me all the way.
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Nobody: 11:19pm On May 14, 2013
Well, I jst want basic functionality. Bbm, whatsapp, my emails on time, download music and other files, To be able to browse NL. Search info on google. I'm not into flipboard or playing 3d games. Just basic functionality in a handy phone. My bb does all that already.
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Gudiza(m): 11:20pm On May 14, 2013
Hey man, how's the weather over there in 2012? Have the floods come in yet? Has Obama been reelected? No? OK, heads up.
2013 is so much better though.

2 Likes

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Gudiza(m): 11:34pm On May 14, 2013
wink
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Nobody: 11:48pm On May 14, 2013
josemaria03:

motorola?? Lyk serously?? Motorola has 1 of the worst hardware componets in the smartfone world dude thats why they re rebranding and taking thier tyme to work on motorolla X
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Nobody: 11:51pm On May 14, 2013
Please N3 owners shold not be too happy! BBM is goin to run on IOS 6 and above and android 4.0 ICS and above

coming to windows late 2013/Q4

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

LG Launches Phone That Is More Expensive Than Iphone-x / Why Your Family Should Know The Password To Your Phone -nigerian Woman Tells Men / Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.