Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,112 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms (33172 Views)

Wow! Blackberry Launch BBM Stickers In IGBO / Transfering Contacts From Blackberry To Android. / Blackberry Wants To Launch BBM For Pc [pics] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by frediech(m): 12:23am On May 15, 2013
Woaaaaaaa!!!oooooo!!!, I can't wait. means I made no mistake to go for tecno N7
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by fallingsky(m): 12:28am On May 15, 2013
Wow...... Nice one!
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by lordZOUGA(m): 1:02am On May 15, 2013
Knockout!

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Waxxzy(m): 1:20am On May 15, 2013
I don port o!!!
what took them so long.
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by justfree1(m): 3:24am On May 15, 2013
grin cheesy
runzlord: motorola?? Lyk serously?? Motorola has 1 of the worst hardware componets in the smartfone world dude thats why they re rebranding and taking thier tyme to work on motorolla X
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by lymelyte(m): 3:54am On May 15, 2013
timpaker:
Finally, BBM bows to android! Well, I must confess, I saw it coming...
Who told u that? It is scratch my back,I scratch yours.Obviously,iOS and android will also release their best app to BB fyi.
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by IAmXcessiz(m): 4:01am On May 15, 2013
now i can buy d android phone of my choice wtout owning a bb phone
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by justfree1(m): 4:20am On May 15, 2013
looks like a conspiracy undecided, cuz RIM upgrading the android port to jelly 4.1 on bb10 OS soon grin
lymelyte:
Who told u that? It is scratch my back,I scratch yours.Obviously,iOS and android will also release their best app to BB fyi.
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by sunky644(m): 4:50am On May 15, 2013
penticom: point of correction, i use android phone, i also use BB plan on it. so i don't need to cry over MB as u said. i also enjoy more in term of browsing, sign up as many as possible mail address, FB, Gtalk, Whatsapp,just think of anything. googgle play store is another GBEMU, u better port to android. If BBM finally available for IOS and ANDROID, that is obituary of BB. have a nice day
Please, how do you use bb plan on your Android? Do you mean you get unlimited data plan for a month with #1000 on your Android phone?
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by iwanchop(m): 5:30am On May 15, 2013
The free app will be available
once approved for Apple's iOS 6
software released last year and
devices running Android 4.0 or
higher, released in late 2011.
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Nobody: 5:49am On May 15, 2013
sunky644:
Please, how do you use bb plan on your Android? Do you mean you get unlimited data plan for a month with #1000 on your Android phone?

If I hear that he gets unlimited data on android. It is only etisalat that provides unlimited data without fair usage in Nigeria and from what I've learnt from the phone section, Etisalat works on ONLY bb. But you can hotspot the connection from a bb to your android if you like but the point is you still need a bb with bis.
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Mamacita007(f): 5:50am On May 15, 2013
forget BB & welcome to iphone llooooooooll
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Nobody: 6:09am On May 15, 2013
ilugunboy: Now Blackerry (RIM) is about to lose that it uniqueness and the flagship item that stands it out.

The question now is; how do we connect ...as PIN won't work on other operating systems.
PIN will be generated automatically, once u register. Just as MOZAT chat app
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by daroz(m): 6:36am On May 15, 2013
Gudiza:

Hey man, how's the weather down there in 2012? Has there been massive flooding in Nigeria? Has Obama been reelected yet? No? OK....just a heads up.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I love nairaland, different characters
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by glamoureze(m): 6:54am On May 15, 2013
we r talkin abt nigerians here...if u bring a million social ntws,we'l use all of dem...we dnt kia which is beta...i lik d idea...neva liked BB 4rm d on set. So i can nw ping wif ma android....*wink*
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Mrskillz1(f): 7:06am On May 15, 2013
pDude:

mU CHe Che cHE che grin grin grin grin grin grin

WHILE WASTING 25 SECONDS WAITING FOR A WEB PAGE TO LOAD. grin grin grin

AINT NOBODY GAT TIME FOR THAT
cheesy cheesy
na lie joor. My android is far much faster than a BB. My bro confirmed it and wants to sell his BB to get an android. Only a lame man compares android and BB
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by perfectcrush(m): 7:41am On May 15, 2013
Dygeasy: But existing blackberry users are still gonna be subscribing before they can PING?
no dey wont dear
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by survival1(m): 7:41am On May 15, 2013
I may seeing dis topic late bt my question is does andriod phones have push mail like in bb where u recieve instant mail on d go nd also reply instantly because dis what kipin wit bb due 2 my nature of work.
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Justiyke4u: 8:08am On May 15, 2013
This may a plan to knock out whatsapp but at the long run, is a life sentence and suicidal for bb itself for many will find reasons to drop their bb since they r only making use of its bbm service. I think rim just woke up from the prophecy that they will fade out from the market dis year. This report just confirmed that android really rules.
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Chizak24(m): 8:12am On May 15, 2013
survival1: I may seeing dis topic late bt my question is does andriod phones have push mail like in bb where u recieve instant mail on d go nd also reply instantly because dis what kipin wit bb due 2 my nature of work.
Yes oh!! And you can setup up to 100 emails if you like and they will all be updating as you like

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Chizak24(m): 8:15am On May 15, 2013
Just as if i saw it coming Last month i just dumped my Curve 7 for a shiny ICS Tecno Q1 and I've had no cause for regrets. What's left now is for network providers to give us cheaper data plans
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by cuteypooch(m): 8:32am On May 15, 2013
The BBM for Android & IOS is for android ICS 4.0(and above) & IOS 6.0 respectively. And for those who think a blackberry pin would be assigned, Are you all aware of blackberry ID? BlackBerry ID is the unique identification that'll be used for BBM users on Android & IOS, not BB pin.
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by cj1080(m): 8:33am On May 15, 2013
deeper meaning in this news. Does it mean that blackberry is finally giving up on the sale of sinner to move to a messenger app provider.

Cos they gotta know that if they do this blackberry phone sales will drop. drastically.

except the idea is to leave their bbm app out there while they close up shop.

who knows.
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by adewasco2k(m): 8:35am On May 15, 2013
I am sorry for you guys thinking BBM on other platform will work just exactly as on Blackberry....if BBM turn to a regular app on any phone then blackberry devices are gone because thats just one unique thing about blackberry. i believe the way its gonna look like is blackberry devices can ping others others can also ping blackberry but for example a BBM on iPhone should not PING another iPhone.

if not RIP BLACKBERRY

2 Likes

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by texazzpete(m): 8:45am On May 15, 2013
adewasco2k: I am sorry for you guys thinking BBM on other platform will work just exactly as on Blackberry....if BBM turn to a regular app on any phone then blackberry devices are gone because thats just one unique thing about blackberry. i believe the way its gonna look like is blackberry devices can ping others others can also ping blackberry but for example a BBM on iPhone should not PING another iPhone.

if not RIP BLACKBERRY

Don't be daft. Blackberry announced the app will work exactly the same on iOS and Android as on other platforms. Fully cross platform chats between Android, iOS and Blackberry.

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Saliman22(m): 9:06am On May 15, 2013
survival1: I may seeing dis topic late bt my question is does andriod phones have push mail like in bb where u recieve instant mail on d go nd also reply instantly because dis what kipin wit bb due 2 my nature of work.

yes bro my infinix race has push mail on the go........my problem is how to use unlimited data no matter the amount
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Codedeben: 9:34am On May 15, 2013
Hope this would not teleport them back a century. With this their high level of declesion in the smartphone market share is imminent. Unless they dedicate the next days of their life in coming out with new innovations that isn't open source and can conveniently convince gadgets lovers, I don't think BB LOVERS would still have reasons to stick to them, considering the flexibility in Android OS and others.
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by hazard1759(m): 9:48am On May 15, 2013
12 inches!:
Point of correction pple, the reason I use bb is not because of bbm but because bis is cheap. For 1k on etisalat, I have unlimited data, my push email which is more than enuff requirement for me. I'm not like those android users that cry over mb or switch of their data network from time to time. My bb is more than enuff for my internet needs. When data on android becomes as cheap as 1k I will make no hesitation to consider switching but for now, na bb tinzzz ooo.

PS: Even Android users all want to use our lovely cheap unlimited data bis on their fones *tongue out*
that issue has been put 2 rest by MTN..their BIS can be used on all devices including PC
grin
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by hazard1759(m): 9:50am On May 15, 2013
Saliman22:
yes bro my infinix race has push mail on the go........my problem is how to use unlimited data no matter the amount
you can subscribe MTN Bis and use it on any device

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Graphene(m): 10:19am On May 15, 2013
lanre316:

You think WhatsApp users will dump it and go for BBM?

I don't think that's going to happen .

Hmm!! watch and observe how whatsapp goes oblivion!
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by hazard1759(m): 10:31am On May 15, 2013
sunky644:
all you need 2 do is subcribe MTN BIS and change ur APN to blackberry.net...u can even use it on PC...its been wrkn 4 a while now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

LG Launches Phone That Is More Expensive Than Iphone-x / Why Your Family Should Know The Password To Your Phone -nigerian Woman Tells Men / Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.