Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms (33171 Views)

Wow! Blackberry Launch BBM Stickers In IGBO / Transfering Contacts From Blackberry To Android. / Blackberry Wants To Launch BBM For Pc [pics] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Vires: 12:27am On May 16, 2013
12 inches!:
Well, I jst want basic functionality. Bbm, whatsapp, my emails on time, download music and other files, To be able to browse NL. Search info on google. I'm not into flipboard or playing 3d games. Just basic functionality in a handy phone. My bb does all that already.

You haven't owned a high end android phone, that's why

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by lawizle(m): 3:45am On May 16, 2013
penticom: point of correction, i use android phone, i also use BB plan on it. so i don't need to cry over MB as u said. i also enjoy more in term of browsing, sign up as many as possible mail address, FB, Gtalk, Whatsapp,just think of anything. googgle play store is another GBEMU, u better port to android. If BBM finally available for IOS and ANDROID, that is obituary of BB. have a nice day

So how do you do dat with an MTN sim? Its almost impossible bro...pls enlighten me hun?
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by lawizle(m): 4:10am On May 16, 2013
runzlord: Please N3 owners shold not be too happy! BBM is goin to run on IOS 6 and above and android 4.0 ICS and above

coming to windows late 2013/Q4

Talking about class...

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Nobody: 6:03am On May 16, 2013
wonlasewonimi:
It could kill off sales for blackberry. Whatsapp will eventually die!

they say ios and android...whatsapp still hold symbian and other operatin system.
the fact that whatsapp still remains number give it that feelin. the people on my whatsapp re people i know family and friends.

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Nobody: 6:13am On May 16, 2013
dozman don: lmao abeg relate na chairman i dey beg u,is nokia involved?

nokia is not involved anywhr. just like u its been long we saw them
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Nobody: 6:16am On May 16, 2013
rman:

The only thing Whatsapp doess better than BBM is the cross platform function, BBM is more clourfull, delivers all you mentioned better (IMO), and no one has developed a better chat platform till now.

Anyway, I think Blackberry knows BBM is the only thing spectacular about their phone ( Z10 is good but came late to the party)
Allowing BBM to become cross platform may be a wise bussiness decision because Whatsapp is the biggest chat platform world wide.

So, why not make the best available for everyone? This is sad news for whatsapp not blackberry. Blackberry is a distant 3rd, behind samsung and Iphone already.

u can download whatsapp+ and enjoy whatsapp to another level..whatsapp for bb is not upto scratch compared to android..
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Nuel01(m): 6:28am On May 16, 2013
I hv abt 50-55k 2 buy a tablet. I hv samsung galaxy tab 2 7inches wit(android 4.0 ice cream sandwich) wic is upgradable to jelly bean 4.1 is my choice, though i love d nexus 7 bt it has no back camera n d memory can nt b expanded n ipad 2 has no adobe flash player n wld nt accept certain apps. Wic tablet wld u guys prefer i go for? Tanx. Add me on 2go wit otas01. I want 2 buy it by 2mao.
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by ibietela2(m): 8:47am On May 16, 2013
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by 2baga(m): 10:40am On May 16, 2013
survival1: I may seeing dis topic late bt my question is does andriod phones have push mail like in bb where u recieve instant mail on d go nd also reply instantly because dis what kipin wit bb due 2 my nature of work.

Android GUI is functionally designed to push email and its delivery is instantly

dont dull
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Boyoorisha: 11:00am On May 16, 2013
ilugunboy: Now Blackerry (RIM) is about to lose that it uniqueness and the flagship item that stands it out.

The question now is; how do we connect ...as PIN won't work on other operating systems.

It's likely going to be an app
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by danaz(m): 12:01pm On May 16, 2013
If this goes thru whatsapp will be negatively affected whl BB bottomline wl be affected..ultimately android fones wl benefit frm d move
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by lymelyte(m): 6:09pm On May 16, 2013
Una just dey talk anyhow.U guyz are just too blind to see.do u guys think rim hasn't taught about this for a while.MY friends,Great thinkers(rim) have plans.they are looking up to the future with numerous opportunities where BB will be superior to any other fone on planet earth.JUST WATCH and SEE.is it not obvious that u guys keep talking about bb all the time? All this are distinct strategies and plans.
Rim is coming out with BBM money soon (future version).This feature allows BBM users to transfer money,which is convenient for
friends who owe each other money, or in-
person transactions..

BBM 6 already had far more functionality
than Apple’s iMessage. With the addition of
voice calls, video, collaboration tools and
BBM Money, BBM is set to widen the lead
further. Also,launching it on platform like iOS and droid will kill other messaging apps on this os platforms therefore making people rely on bbm.Mind u,those using blackberry,will now have some minute distinct features that other fones like iphone and droid won't have. TIME WILL TELL and BELIEVE DAT.. smiley.
Na wa ooo..see as DRIOD users are craving for recognition..smiley[b][/b][color=#000099][/color]
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by ibietela2(m): 8:34pm On May 16, 2013
lymelyte: Una just dey talk anyhow.U guyz are just too blind to see.do u guys think rim hasn't taught about this for a while.MY friends,Great thinkers(rim) have plans.they are looking up to the future with numerous opportunities where BB will be superior to any other fone on planet earth.JUST WATCH and SEE.is it not obvious that u guys keep talking about bb all the time? All this are distinct strategies and plans.
Rim is coming out with BBM money soon (future version).This feature allows BBM users to transfer money,which is convenient for
person transactions..

further. Also,launching it on platform like iOS and droid will kill other messaging apps on this os platforms therefore making people rely on bbm.Mind u,those using blackberry,will now have some minute distinct features that other fones like iphone and droid won't have. TIME WILL TELL and BELIEVE DAT.. smiley.
Na wa ooo..see as DRIOD users are craving for recognition..smiley[b][/b][color=#000099][/color]

Think again google just launched Hangouts app
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by cartini82: 10:38pm On May 16, 2013
Why BBM is going on Android and IOS

It might come to many as a surprise why RIM to roll out BBM on Android and iOS a few days ago. It was actually a smart business decision. Read more in the link below

http://cartini82..com/2013/05/analysis-why-bbm-is-going-on-android.html
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by cartini82: 10:41pm On May 16, 2013
lanre316:

You think WhatsApp users will dump it and go for BBM?

I don't think that's going to happen .

Maybe not immediately but with time

Why BBM is going on Android and IOS

It might come to many as a surprise why RIM to roll out BBM on Android and iOS a few days ago. It was actually a smart business decision. Read more in the link below

http://cartini82..com/2013/05/analysis-why-bbm-is-going-on-android.html

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by adoptop70: 11:33pm On May 16, 2013
[quote author=Saliman22]
yes bro my infinix race has push mail on the go........my problem is how to use unlimited data no matter the amount

which of d race,pls,is it x400 or x450 or race lite.
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Nobody: 11:42pm On May 16, 2013
[quote author=adoptop70][/quote]RACE HOT-PLATE
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by BashToks: 2:04am On May 17, 2013
wonlasewonimi:

With BBM I have control over who I add. With Whatsapp, a mad man can add your number and talk to you.

And that's what the 'blocking' feature is for.
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by MuyiGL: 7:55pm On May 17, 2013
Emmysteve: Does that mean other telecomunication company lyk Etisalat and Glo MUST HAVE to make their BIS subscribtions available to android phones seriously thinking

No it does not. Data is data. BBM will run through the usual data bundle on those platforms
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by MuyiGL: 7:59pm On May 17, 2013
survival1: I may seeing dis topic late bt my question is does andriod phones have push mail like in bb where u recieve instant mail on d go nd also reply instantly because dis what kipin wit bb due 2 my nature of work.

Of course, all smartphones have push notifications. It has been the standard for at least 5 years now. What's more, you don't have to pay "full BIS" before you can use multiple emails on these other platforms. Even with a N1300 monthly plan, you can add as many emails as you need. Port to Android or iOS bro. We eagerly await your move smiley
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by MuyiGL: 8:04pm On May 17, 2013
lymelyte: Una just dey talk anyhow.U guyz are just too blind to see.do u guys think rim hasn't taught about this for a while.MY friends,Great thinkers(rim) have plans.they are looking up to the future with numerous opportunities where BB will be superior to any other fone on planet earth.JUST WATCH and SEE.is it not obvious that u guys keep talking about bb all the time? All this are distinct strategies and plans.
person transactions..

Android has Google Hangouts which can do all these things. And there is already Google wallet with which you can send money via email or NFC. So I don't know what you're on about. Most BB-only users are just ignorant. They're like the average American who doesn't know anything that's going on beyond the world around him
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by akanniade10(m): 8:24pm On May 17, 2013
abi ooo, with just 250naira, i can set up upto 20 emails on my iphone(all push). i use mtn tho

MuyiGL:

Of course, all smartphones have push notifications. It has been the standard for at least 5 years now. What's more, you don't have to pay "full BIS" before you can use multiple emails on these other platforms. Even with a N1300 monthly plan, you can add as many emails as you need
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by lymelyte(m): 1:10pm On May 18, 2013
MuyiGL:

Android has Google Hangouts which can do all these things. And there is already Google wallet with which you can send money via email or NFC. So I don't know what you're on about. Most BB-only users are just ignorant. They're like the average American who doesn't know anything that's going on beyond the world around him
See dis mumu ooo.. U lack knowledge and foresight.. U are just too blind to notice it.. Simple technique and strategies,u hv fail to realize
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by michaelbiz: 7:30am On May 25, 2013
cecegorz:
We seems to be on the same plane of thought.
Heads- bbm is going to be the chat king across all OS platforms, Whatsapp owners might as well look for another line of business.
Tails- All BB running 6.0 OS down is going down the drain, because they aren't different from the mass market Nokias and Tecnos if you take out bbm.
Who will want to spend money on a smart phone that has no wifi tethering capability added to the shallow screen size of these BBs.
Another thing I forsee is that if this works out, expect a massive roll out of activating BIS on alternative devices from all networks. None of them will want to miss out on the windfall.

You just took the words out of my mouth.
I feel BlackBerry is ready to fight for their most 'outstanding' trademark - BBM.
And that is because they know they can do it better, and deliver better.
But I'm surprised a lot of people are celebrating the decision to attack BlackBerry users or fans. (I'm suspecting Nokia & Tecno chinko brothers) grin If you care to do a little research on BBRY stocks you would realize that investors are taking this decision happily. So no sweat abeg!

What is important in business is the future and the trends of competition.
BlackBerry wants to help users of BB OS 6.0 and older to upgrade to a minimum of BB OS 7.0 Smartphones (so that they can experience BBM Voice, WiFi and faster downloads etc) and also for the BB OS 10 to become the new beginning - Z10, Q10, R10 - sweet phones to die for.

sniperwolf: BlackBerry has lost its franchise. They should be thinking of manufacturing a phone that will run Android OS.

Now I asked myself this question too.
And this is my conclusion, BlackBerry runs the most secure mobile server in the world which is based on the BB OS. (you can't beat this with your Android or iOS).
A lot of corporate businesses depend on this and they know it is a powerful tool.

I would have only advocated they create a single model of BlackBerry running Android, let's say R10 instead of stopping the entire BB OS.

But sorry, if you use Android on Tecno phone My God! Of all the 'Android phones in the market Abeg! The quality of the brand is still low.
It's like having Opera Mini on Tecno, Java on Tecno, chinko na chinko ! grin
I'm just sorry for Nokia users.
Nokia will change their branding from 'Connecting People' to 'For Calls Only' grin grin

LOL.
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Proffdada: 11:26am On May 25, 2013
michaelbiz:

You just took the words out of my mouth.
I feel BlackBerry is ready to fight for their most 'outstanding' trademark - BBM.
And that is because they know they can do it better, and deliver better.
But I'm surprised a lot of people are celebrating the decision to attack BlackBerry users or fans. (I'm suspecting Nokia & Tecno chinko brothers) grin If you care to do a little research on BBRY stocks you would realize that investors are taking this decision happily. So no sweat abeg!

What is important in business is the future and the trends of competition.
BlackBerry wants to help users of BB OS 6.0 and older to upgrade to a minimum of BB OS 7.0 Smartphones (so that they can experience BBM Voice, WiFi and faster downloads etc) and also for the BB OS 10 to become the new beginning - Z10, Q10, R10 - sweet phones to die for.

Now I asked myself this question too.
And this is my conclusion, BlackBerry runs the most secure mobile server in the world which is based on the BB OS. (you can't beat this with your Android or iOS).
A lot of corporate businesses depend on this and they know it is a powerful tool.

I would have only advocated they create a single model of BlackBerry running Android, let's say R10 instead of stopping the entire BB OS.

But sorry, if you use Android on Tecno phone My God! Of all the 'Android phones in the market Abeg! The quality of the brand is still low.
It's like having Opera Mini on Tecno, Java on Tecno, chinko na chinko ! grin
I'm just sorry for Nokia users.
Nokia will change their branding from 'Connecting People' to 'For Calls Only' grin grin

LOL.

don't be stereotyped but check the functionality, if nokia 3310 runs on Android, it'll still beat nb z10 hands down. The only straw RIM is hanging to is about to go public, sp be happy
Ur phone will b able to do great things on non-bb platform

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Fenix: 2:31pm On May 28, 2013
As a long-time user of Blackberry who just switched to Android (Galaxy S3 and NOT looking back grin), I am really looking forward to the BBM app for Android. BBM is all I miss about BB. People should be angry that for N1500, all they are getting is an instant messaging device with almost no functionality. When I switched over to the galaxy S3, I was shocked at how much I could get done on just a phone!

Anyway with that said, BBM had to go cross-platform. I think BB realized that there was the risk of losing relevance. Their share of the smartphone market was getting smaller and smaller. BB realized that it would be VERY difficult to lure people away from iOS and Android on the basis of phone alone. They had to get themselves in people's faces and the best way was through IM.

BBM does IM so much better than Whatsapp. I hate Whatsapp smileys and the fact that it just feels impersonal compared to BBM. Heck, I would pay for the app if it came out sef.

2 Likes

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by lordmayor4(m): 3:47pm On May 28, 2013
Its really sad to know that most people don't understand what makes blackberry the best ! Its not BBM nor anything but SECURITY BBM is only even hyped in our part of the world, in the USA and uk BBM is for kids, they use it based on the secure server and communications which is why BB enterprise server remains the best for corporations. BB moving BBM to other platform is a way of taking over their real time instant messaging and believe me, more is on the way. I like BB and I like android too ... Hae the galaxy note 2 and BB bold 6 and new Z10 but I lost all in a raid and will be going for the gionee D1 by weekend ! I prefer it over this over hyped tecno F7 with its gorilla glass and amoled hd screen

2 Likes

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Youngpo413: 5:50pm On May 28, 2013
MuyiGL:

Of course, all smartphones have push notifications. It has been the standard for at least 5 years now. What's more, you don't have to pay "full BIS" before you can use multiple emails on these other platforms. Even with a N1300 monthly plan, you can add as many emails as you need. Port to Android or iOS bro. We eagerly await your move smiley

Muitiple e-mails for wetin na,thats why I hate bb,rubbish smartphone.
Android rules.
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by SIKESONRICH(m): 5:59pm On Jun 27, 2013
I just downloaded BBM application on my Android phone now from Google play, but can't Ping with it, because it is telling me "not supported on this device", when i try to open the BBM & BB WORLD. Plz guys do anyone know how it works, or is this not the real BBM Announced last month to be coming for Android phones?
U can add me on whatsApp with this number +2348068811198
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by lymelyte(m): 9:22pm On Jun 27, 2013
SIKESONRICH: I just downloaded BBM application on my Android phone now from Google play, but can't Ping with it, because it is telling me "not supported on this device", when i try to open the BBM & BB WORLD. Plz guys do anyone know how it works, or is this not the real BBM Announced last month to be coming for Android phones?
U can add me on whatsApp with this number +2348068811198
BBM for android and ios is not yet out... there is not certain date for the awesome app grin.
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by LordReed(m): 11:07am On Jun 28, 2013
lord_mayor: Its really sad to know that most people don't understand what makes blackberry the best ! Its not BBM nor anything but SECURITY BBM is only even hyped in our part of the world, in the USA and uk BBM is for kids, they use it based on the secure server and communications which is why BB enterprise server remains the best for corporations. BB moving BBM to other platform is a way of taking over their real time instant messaging and believe me, more is on the way. I like BB and I like android too ... Hae the galaxy note 2 and BB bold 6 and new Z10 but I lost all in a raid and will be going for the gionee D1 by weekend ! I prefer it over this over hyped tecno F7 with its gorilla glass and amoled hd screen

Even their claim to being kings of security is being challenged by Apple and Samsung both of which have enterprise solutions out on the market and I dare say are giving Blackberry a run for their money. Nothing Blackberry has is sancrosanct anymore, any false step and some other company will buy them off while incorporation their IPs into the new owners tech base. If that happens I would love to see a company like Samsung buy Blackberry or a chip maker like Qualcomm or Mediatek (big dream but hey I am allowed not so?).

Welcome to the Dream D1 users world!
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by smyross: 12:04pm On Jun 28, 2013
Definitely BBM better than Whatsapp and best messaging app is BBM on any platform. WhatsApp is the second option in my openion… smiley smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

LG Launches Phone That Is More Expensive Than Iphone-x / Why Your Family Should Know The Password To Your Phone -nigerian Woman Tells Men / Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.