Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,593 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms (33176 Views)

Wow! Blackberry Launch BBM Stickers In IGBO / Transfering Contacts From Blackberry To Android. / Blackberry Wants To Launch BBM For Pc [pics] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Mementus(m): 10:37am On May 15, 2013
Haeding to computer village to dispose ma curve4 oooo TECHNO. ANDRIOD on point
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by zionite1(m): 10:39am On May 15, 2013
[quote author=Imanuelle]Finally. .? Pinging lori tecno !

Jhor oh! !!
Na so o techn thns
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Nobody: 11:03am On May 15, 2013
12 inches!:
Point of correction pple, the reason I use bb is not because of bbm but because bis is cheap. For 1k on etisalat, I have unlimited data, my push email which is more than enuff requirement for me. I'm not like those android users that cry over mb or switch of their data network from time to time. My bb is more than enuff for my internet needs. When data on android becomes as cheap as 1k I will make no hesitation to consider switching but for now, na bb tinzzz ooo.

PS: Even Android users all want to use our lovely cheap unlimited data bis on their fones *tongue out*
Eiyaaaaa.... Sowi ooo!!!
I use MTN BBC MONTHLY subscription on my SONY XPERIA S(Android)
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by hustla(m): 11:07am On May 15, 2013
Godvilla: Eiyaaaaa.... Sowi ooo!!!
I use MTN BBC MONTHLY subscription on my SONY XPERIA S(Android)

you sabi jor
gbayii

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Emmysteve(m): 11:58am On May 15, 2013
Does that mean other telecomunication company lyk Etisalat and Glo MUST HAVE to make their BIS subscribtions available to android phones seriously thinking
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Jhulyan(m): 12:28pm On May 15, 2013
kpozite: What will be my pin if I download the application with an android phone?
kpozitepin
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by cigaricon(m): 12:31pm On May 15, 2013
Ok just watch bb fones crumble
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by akirahunt(m): 12:39pm On May 15, 2013
This is really good move from Blackberry... smiley smiley smiley wink cheesy
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by BashToks: 12:56pm On May 15, 2013
akanniade10: Am a WhatApp user, buh having both on the same platform wouldnt be a bad idea. Will prefer BBM tho.

Aesthetically wise, BBM is uglier looking. Their only advantage is the better emojis/emoticons. Hoping the BBM app on android is way better looking than on BB devices.
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by BashToks: 1:02pm On May 15, 2013
rman: BBM is better than WhatsApp IMO.

I don't like the idea of automatically having you as a chat buddy because you have my number and whatsapp installed on your phone.

That's the general concensus but if u can hand out your number to someone, how's if different from handing out your pin? The same way people can collect your number, they can also collect yer pin. *yells* Next!!
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by ibietela2(m): 1:19pm On May 15, 2013
Still don't fancy it.... Besides it's not going to be FREE and its available for Android 4.0+
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by ibietela2(m): 1:32pm On May 15, 2013
cecegorz:
We seems to be on the same plane of thought.
Heads- bbm is going to be the chat king across all OS platforms, Whatsapp owners might as well look for another line of business.
Tails- All BB running 6.0 OS down is going down the drain, because they aren't different from the mass market Nokias and Tecnos if you take out bbm.
Who will want to spend money on a smart phone that has no wifi tethering capability added to the shallow screen size of these BBs.
Another thing I forsee is that if this works out, expect a massive roll out of activating BIS on alternative devices from all networks. None of them will want to miss out on the windfall.

Which of the Tecnos are you talking about? The android phone better than the bb phone you just mentioned??
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by wonlasewonimi: 1:32pm On May 15, 2013
BashToks:

That's the general concensus but if u can hand out your number to someone, how's if different from handing out your pin? The same way people can collect your number, they can also collect yer pin. *yells* Next!!

With BBM I have control over who I add. With Whatsapp, a mad man can add your number and talk to you.
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by jpphilips(m): 1:45pm On May 15, 2013
cupid4ig: just watch and see

when whatsapp allows you to ping with your credit and BBM will need a full subscription before any show.
ABIA!! whatsapp rules,
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by jpphilips(m): 1:51pm On May 15, 2013
dozman don: Pls i'm a novice in all these,does this have anytn to do with NOKIA?

3310 you mean??
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Gudiza(m): 1:52pm On May 15, 2013
wonlasewonimi:

With BBM I have control over who I add. With Whatsapp, a mad man can add your number and talk to you.

A mad man can also dial ur mobile telephone no.
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by jpphilips(m): 1:55pm On May 15, 2013
kobikwelu: First of all, What made RIM famous is not BBM, buts its Push Email capabilities..It had the best and most secure platform to implement work email servers...

but in emerging markets, you could say BBM is the major reason why Blackberry phones became no1

Android push email is faster than BB's by a few seconds on the same network, i think its about the hardware superiority (high end android) or the fact that BBM mails hit a proxy server first.
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 15, 2013
No wonder bb10 does not come with whatsapp
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Alexanda07(m): 2:14pm On May 15, 2013
Sooo, am gonna be pinging with my Sony Xperia Arc S Droid Phone. Awww! Thats so cool... wink wink

It's like buying iPhone4s or Samsung Galaxy SIII a day before iPhone5 or S4 has been released..

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by jpphilips(m): 2:18pm On May 15, 2013
justfree.:
yea that is true cuz of the bbm voice and video chat cool

BBM video chat like VOIP?? lol skype had it from inception in the Android play store, how come whatsapp became more popular without it

VOIP IS NOT DATA FRIENDLY, it cant be a winner either way you look at it.

Nigerians will embrace VOIP when wifi becomes widespread.

BTW why are Nigerians not making 3g calls on their 3g phones even with front camera?
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Idealjosh: 2:40pm On May 15, 2013
kobikwelu: First of all, What made RIM famous is not BBM, buts its Push Email capabilities..It had the best and most secure platform to implement work email servers...

but in emerging markets, you could say BBM is the major reason why Blackberry phones became no1
Blah blah blah. Wake up man this is 2013. Bbm
Is their selling point. And they dash their selling point away. I Cldnt be happier

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by deldebby: 2:40pm On May 15, 2013
dats awesome,it will gear another level of creativity
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by justfree1(m): 2:54pm On May 15, 2013
lol you only use wifi for it on low budget blackberries grin, on Z10 even Edge network works, no limitations cool cheesy
jp philips:

BBM video chat like VOIP?? lol skype had it from inception in the Android play store, how come whatsapp became more popular without it

VOIP IS NOT DATA FRIENDLY, it cant be a winner either way you look at it.

Nigerians will embrace VOIP when wifi becomes widespread.

BTW why are Nigerians not making 3g calls on their 3g phones even with front camera?
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by akanniade10(m): 3:21pm On May 15, 2013
The Goody bag nko grin

Ideal_josh:
Blah blah blah. Wake up man this is 2013. Bbm
Is their selling point.
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by kunleee(m): 3:37pm On May 15, 2013
please guys,which among these techno n3,n7,Q1 is/are qualify as an android ICS 4.0(and above). Nokia ve really limit my technological advancement. Have got to be ahead of their schdeule(june) but will seriously missed my e63 with its multi-tasking and whatsapp.
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by jpphilips(m): 3:56pm On May 15, 2013
justfree.:
lol you only use wifi for it on low budget blackberries grin, on Z10 even Edge network works, no limitations cool cheesy

doubt if you understood that post in your quote
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by hustla(m): 4:41pm On May 15, 2013
kunleee: please guys,which among these techno n3,n7,Q1 is/are qualify as an android ICS 4.0(and above). Nokia ve really limit my technological advancement. Have got to be ahead of their schdeule(june) but will seriously missed my e63 with its multi-tasking and whatsapp.

n7
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by onthefence: 5:10pm On May 15, 2013
How come you android users that have always hated BB are now happy BBM is coming to your platform. Na lie una de lie since.

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by dasphinx1(m): 5:30pm On May 15, 2013
ibietela2: Still don't fancy it.... Besides it's not going to be FREE and its available for Android 4.0+

Chairman, RIM categorically stated that BBM on Android and iOS is FREE...........
Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by misterani(m): 5:38pm On May 15, 2013
BBM for Android & iOS mobile platforms.............. Good!
BBM is the best, no doubt!
But come to think of it, why do i need a blackberry bold5 again or torch2 {#50k} with just 'BBM' when i can get a tecno n7 {#28k} with BBM, android version 4.0, with mad graphics & can play hd games?
This is the end of blackberry. Whoever brought the idea................. Kudos!

1 Like

Re: BlackBerry To Launch BBM For Android & iOS Mobile Platforms by Nuel01(m): 9:51pm On May 15, 2013
I hv abt 50-55k 2 buy a tablet. I hv samsung galaxy tab 2 7inches wit(android 4.0 ice cream sandwich) wic is upgradable to jelly bean 4.1 is my choice, though i love d nexus 7 bt it has no back camera n d memory can nt b expanded n ipad 2 has no adobe flash player n wld nt accept certain apps. Wic tablet wld u guys prefer i go for? Tanx. Add me on 2go wit otas01. I want 2 buy it by friday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

LG Launches Phone That Is More Expensive Than Iphone-x / Why Your Family Should Know The Password To Your Phone -nigerian Woman Tells Men / Twitter To Start Charging Verified Users $20 Monthly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.