Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,758 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Is State Of Emergency The Best Option For Boko-Haram? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is State Of Emergency The Best Option For Boko-Haram? (16573 Views)

Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work / Court Of Appeal Says Aisha Alhassan Is State’s Real Governor / Fulani Herdsmen Working For Boko Haram – Falae (2) (3) (4)

Is State Of Emergency The Best Option For Boko-Haram? by unclenna(m): 7:56pm On May 14, 2013
Is state of emergency the best option to stop boko haram....Share your view

Re: Is State Of Emergency The Best Option For Boko-Haram? by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 14, 2013
Why dont you just go ahead and suggest the option that has not been employed ? For me, State of Emergency and a shoot at sight order should be the order. They should use their goats, rams, cats, and dogs as target practice.

20 Likes

Re: Is State Of Emergency The Best Option For Boko-Haram? by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 14, 2013
Yes good move

Plus we need to block our borders with Chad, Niger and Cameroun

and create a deadly and shadowy counter terror group ready to use all sorts of secret methods to hunt down Boko Haram

trust me by the time Abu Qaqa and Shekau starts feeling the pain of State agents they will think twice

19 Likes

Re: Is State Of Emergency The Best Option For Boko-Haram? by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 14, 2013
Yes,it is long overdue and more than necessary!!!

Those that lost their lifes because of Political Consideration against State of Emergency ........Their Death is ON oga ontop!!!

Re: Is State Of Emergency The Best Option For Boko-Haram? by OsunOriginal: 9:29pm On May 14, 2013
State of emergency even when the governors and all elected officials are still there doing their job of funding Boko Haram guys. How will this be different from JTF patrolling the states other than more soldiers on the road? I am still wondering how this will help the situation.

Re: Is State Of Emergency The Best Option For Boko-Haram? by ndukwejoe(m): 9:34pm On May 14, 2013
very fine option, i watched the footage of the boko rascal brandishing their armory , and what he said made me to know that the boko idiots feel they are doing God's work. the idiots are not cut out for any dialogue or amnesty.for now state of emergency is an option.
Re: Is State Of Emergency The Best Option For Boko-Haram? by kkkp: 9:35pm On May 14, 2013

Re: Is State Of Emergency The Best Option For Boko-Haram? by ndukwejoe(m): 9:36pm On May 14, 2013
it will lets watch and see
OsunOriginal: State of emergency even when the governors and all elected officials are still there doing their job of funding Boko Haram guys. How will this be different from JTF patrolling the states other than more soldiers on the road? I am still wondering how this will help the situation.
Re: Is State Of Emergency The Best Option For Boko-Haram? by Nnannanzewi(m): 9:48pm On May 14, 2013
The kind of state of emergency announced by GEJ will not work very well..Let all the elected executives govenors and there likes vacate their offices until normalcy is restored.Full military occupation of these states is my advocacy!

17 Likes

Re: Is State Of Emergency The Best Option For Boko-Haram? by nuclearboy(m): 10:00pm On May 14, 2013
Sorry but this is NOT a good move

I expected an INFORMAL STATE OF EMERGENCY - move in the big guns (if you want the entire Army, Navy and Air Force) all you want but don't make it official. Do NOT announce it.

What would that have cost? But ACN/CPC and the idiotic Northern Elders Forum said NO, so he had to 'prove himself", right?

NOW, all Boko Haram has to do is go someplace else and attack twice and everyone will scream "state of emergency" until those who hate him start to mock him with that as well. And if the boko haramists have any brains, that's what they will do. Just make random attacks in Rivers, Lagos and Abuja and effectively, Nigeria is an urban jungle, thanks to a good decision being implemented badly.

And if he backs down now or later from declaring states of emergencies all over, again the ridicule starts!

As I see it, this will end with the entire country becoming like as in Israel, in a permanent State of emergency.And only BH will laugh because you just made them bigger

Re: Is State Of Emergency The Best Option For Boko-Haram? by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 14, 2013
Highly necessary. Infact, its a decision that should have been taken a long time ago. If the state of emergence spreads on in to more northern states, all there boko issue and fanatical craze would end fast. And i think this makes it formal to boko haram that they are in for a showdown with the military. I would love to see that their commander hiding his face in shame like other failed terrorists.
Re: Is State Of Emergency The Best Option For Boko-Haram? by caesaraba(m): 10:09pm On May 14, 2013
What other move would you have suggested? Of course it is even long overdue! IMO.
Re: Is State Of Emergency The Best Option For Boko-Haram? by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 14, 2013
This is more of a political statement than anything else.

I believe a mini-martial law has been effected in those states for some time now, and nothing has changed. It's still the same thing. And a full martial law without rendering the governors "impotent" is just going to end up the same way.

You lot need to thread carefully before the BH thing consumes the whole country.

Re: Is State Of Emergency The Best Option For Boko-Haram? by BarryX(m): 10:11pm On May 14, 2013
One and Only option.. Never knew why the Governors were not asked to give way for proper martial law to take place. No time
Re: Is State Of Emergency The Best Option For Boko-Haram? by SincereBigot: 10:11pm On May 14, 2013
Just like the Anglican communion said... IT WONT CHANGE ANYTHING!!!

Re: Is State Of Emergency The Best Option For Boko-Haram? by Pontaboki: 10:12pm On May 14, 2013
Billyonaire: Why dont you just go ahead and suggest the option that has not been employed ? For me, State of Emergency and a shoot at sight order should be the order. They should use their goats, rams, cats, and dogs as target practice.
Double Gboza

Re: Is State Of Emergency The Best Option For Boko-Haram? by ddippset(m): 10:12pm On May 14, 2013
shymexx: This is more of a political statement than anything else.

I believe a mini-martial law has been effected in those states for some time now, and nothing has changed. It's still the same thing. And a full martial law without rendering the governors "impotent" is just going to end up the same way.

You lot need to thread carefully before the BH thing consumes the whole country.
yes i agree with you. it's more of a political statement. it was nevertheless a very bold move. i have never been happier with the president than now.

Re: Is State Of Emergency The Best Option For Boko-Haram? by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 14, 2013
It is the only option but if you say that it is not the option then tell us the option we have left...

Re: Is State Of Emergency The Best Option For Boko-Haram? by mascot87(m): 10:13pm On May 14, 2013
kkkp: grin
This KKP guy no well o,why you they rubbish your presido like that,see the idi*t self they open dirty teeth.Mtwwwwww angry

Re: Is State Of Emergency The Best Option For Boko-Haram? by shamson: 10:14pm On May 14, 2013
yes, if that will bring a lasting solution
Re: Is State Of Emergency The Best Option For Boko-Haram? by AdekunleSegun(m): 10:15pm On May 14, 2013
kkkp: grin
too bad for you... grow up kid

Re: Is State Of Emergency The Best Option For Boko-Haram? by ZeusI: 10:15pm On May 14, 2013
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Is State Of Emergency The Best Option For Boko-Haram? by Gboliwe: 10:15pm On May 14, 2013
Billyonaire: Why dont you just go ahead and suggest the option that has not been employed ? For me, State of Emergency and a shoot at sight order should be the order. They should use their goats, rams, cats, and dogs as target practice.
Exactly what I told someone this evening.
@topic, That seems like the best option now, let us exhaust all available options and see how far we go
Re: Is State Of Emergency The Best Option For Boko-Haram? by omanzo02: 10:16pm On May 14, 2013
nuclearboy: Sorry but this is NOT a good move

I expected an INFORMAL STATE OF EMERGENCY - move in the big guns (if you want the entire Army, Navy and Air Force) all you want but don't make it official. Do NOT announce it.

What would that have cost? But ACN/CPC and the idiotic Northern Elders Forum said NO, so he had to 'prove himself", right?

NOW, all Boko Haram has to do is go someplace else and attack twice and everyone will scream "state of emergency" until those who hate him start to mock him with that as well. And if the boko haramists have any brains, that's what they will do. Just make random attacks in Rivers, Lagos and Abuja and effectively, Nigeria is an urban jungle, thanks to a good decision being implemented badly.

And if he backs down now or later from declaring states of emergencies all over, again the ridicule starts!

As I see it, this will end with the entire country becoming like as in Israel, in a permanent State of emergency.And only BH will laugh because you just made them bigger

Dude,

If BH dare hit one Southern state, that will be their greatest mistake, they would attempt to instigate ethnic violence tho, but the reaction is at northerners disadvantage, resentment and suspicion will force alot to flee. grin grin
Re: Is State Of Emergency The Best Option For Boko-Haram? by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 14, 2013
ddippset: yes i agree with you. it's more of a political statement. it was nevertheless a very bold move. i have never been happier with the president than now.

There's nothing great about a move that will end up as being counter-productive on the long run. Best believe BH is about to spread its tentacles to neighbouring states and the Northerners are going to capitalise on this as well.

Re: Is State Of Emergency The Best Option For Boko-Haram? by Desdola(m): 10:18pm On May 14, 2013
Two cannot walk togther unless they agree. Since the Boko Haram members dont want to accept the amnesty offered to them, there is no better option than this taken by d president. Just pray it yields the desired result. Insurgencies in the North should be put to an end once and for all.
Re: Is State Of Emergency The Best Option For Boko-Haram? by Temismith(f): 10:18pm On May 14, 2013
Brb with my view.
Re: Is State Of Emergency The Best Option For Boko-Haram? by mentorken05(m): 10:18pm On May 14, 2013
The News of the State Of Emergency was a well conceived and political strategised plan to save nigeria from another Civil War ..
Why Some Nigeria feel its a partial one due to the Governors of that state retaining their Executive power , but the Majority believe its a welcome development Long overdue .

In the past in the history of Nigeria , wherever State of Emergency were declared in troubled state by military Presidents ,state powers were delegated to military administrators and in most cases to loyal military officer who supported and planned the coup d e'tal.
GEJ has acted wisely in all sense to make the civilian Governors remain along side the deployment of military officer who will henceforth be in charge of the logistic planning and execution of all security challenges that will be going on in the affected state ..
The Northern elders who kicked against the state of Emergency had an evil and hidden motive , thinking the president might likely appoint non-hausas to become military administrators in Hausa states.
Now he did otherwise the Governors will retain their position while the military will study the situation and if there is any leak the Governors will be heard responsible ... Let's all watch and study this new Democratic definition of State of Emergency and I am fully in support of it knowing it will go along way to bring hope to the hopeless innocent muslims and christians in this affected state ... Long live Nigeria Long live GEJ .

Re: Is State Of Emergency The Best Option For Boko-Haram? by Willgates(m): 10:21pm On May 14, 2013
No d best option but dat of last resort
Re: Is State Of Emergency The Best Option For Boko-Haram? by 76Naira(m): 10:22pm On May 14, 2013
Nigeria is on track for de-amalgamation.
Re: Is State Of Emergency The Best Option For Boko-Haram? by cold(m): 10:24pm On May 14, 2013
A very welcome development.Sectarian violence have been allowed to flourish for too long.So I believe the Mr President did not take this decision lightly.He must have weighed his options with his security chiefs before arriving at this decision. I also believe he has left the political apparatus in the state to continue functioning so his actions are not misconstrued as a political move.
Re: Is State Of Emergency The Best Option For Boko-Haram? by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 14, 2013
idnoble135: Highly necessary. Infact, its a decision that should have been taken a long time ago. If the state of emergence spreads on in to more northern states, all there boko issue and fanatical craze would end fast. And i think this makes it formal to boko haram that they are in for a showdown with the military. I would love to see that their commander hiding his face in shame like other failed terrorists.

Osinbajo Meets South-East Leaders In Abuja (Photos) / Sultan: Corruption At A Very High Level In Nigeria… Things Are Not Okay / Photos From Yemi Osinbajo's 61st Birthday Celebration