Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! (25960 Views)

Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work / ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by porka: 12:49pm On May 16, 2013
BarryX: We saw that coming so no biggie ! BTW that's why it's called Opposition

It's called antagonism.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by backtosender: 12:51pm On May 16, 2013
If it were you Sir Tinubu as the President, what would you have done? The Lock-down in Boston is same as "State of Emergency". Hypocrite, who has refused to learn from history due to personal hubris and ego. I'm sure you can recall quickly what happened to your forbears, which you are determined against reason of self-worth and determination, to get consumed by the same thread they followed. Your romance with those behind the killings will lead to your humiliation in due time. The day I read that IBB sent you birthday "wishes" gloriously commending your 'rising political clout' was when I knew you have been selected to be used and disgraced like your forbears. When will you people take a stand in Nigeria and have an historical position rather than playing this kind of politics........
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by sirekene: 12:55pm On May 16, 2013
Alright, they shud suggest a solution other than criticizing everything. Myopic individuals
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by porka: 12:56pm On May 16, 2013
AnanseK: ACN has explained how non functional and futile the Presidents prescription is and I agree with them fully.Instead of insulting Lai Mohammed, you intelligent Nigerians should tell us how more force and more violence by the state can bring peace to the country.

They call it surge in some other jurisdiction.

They used it in Iraq.

They used it in Afghanistan.

It was used in Niger Delta prior to Amnesty.

Force and violence are the main instruments of restraint of the state.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by dangali: 1:04pm On May 16, 2013
If what Mr. President has done to the Yobe, Borno and Adamawa is to bring lasting solution for peace then let it be so. May God help our country Nigeria. Ameen.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by porka: 1:05pm On May 16, 2013
New crescent:

I marvel at your comment, infact you need to read the write-up again, with open mind and not been partisan. In contrast, he said the MUMU at the top must disband the committee in place, retrace his step on the issue of pipeline protection "Chop-I-Chop" and curtail the excesses of some Bole-Kaja miscreants i.e. Dokubo. Finish, don't you get it? Without being partisan.

The pipeline protection and Dokubo issues are entirely different from Emergency declaration.

Lumping them together is bad politics.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by porka: 1:07pm On May 16, 2013
godjohnson: These fools have started again.they are not concerned about the welfare of the people,all this [b]condemnation is a plot to draw voters away from jonathan to themselves;[/b]i agree that they have valid points but if they don't support jonathan's efforts they should come up with plans that would work instead of trying to reverse what the guy is doin.or should gej fold his hands and watch nigeria disintegrate?

They have succeeded in repelling voters.

This is most repulsive.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by porka: 1:14pm On May 16, 2013
Reptyle:

Say we go with the SOE as declared, how does it change the situation on ground? I mean like, beyond giving it a high fallutin name like "State of Emergency" and increasing the number of soldiers on ground in the affected states, how is this move radically different from the former strategy?

If you ask me, this pronouncement is nothing but an expansion of the already existing JTF. I do not think any of the governors of the affected states has had a say in the security arrangement of their states in recent months. The JTF takes instructions from Abuja and not from the governors. The new military coordinators of the state will still take instructions from Abuja. So I ask again, what exactly has changed pre and post SOE?

Increase in the troops makes the difference, you said it yourself.

Plus they can now act within their rules of engagement.

They were merely keeping peace earlier.

This is another thing.

Let's wait and see.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by porka: 1:15pm On May 16, 2013
AnanseK:

Explain to us how the state of emergency can bring peace and solve the BH problem. Logic and not emotions please.

The military is mandated to act within its rules of engagement.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by dinggle: 1:16pm On May 16, 2013
ACN should watch it, in the past 3yrs they've gained a lot of political grounds with the masses through the failures and in-actions of the president , but I fear they are beginning to help the PDP come out of its shadows. Nigerians ain't stupid! If anything they should be criticizing the president for late declaration not asking the NA to reject it, by such utterances they will fall out with the masses. I don't know where those dummy ACN politicians are from? this is the time for ACN and all political parties to support the president, you don't play politics with the lives of Nigerians. If 2015 elections was held today going by such utterance. GEJ would win hands down. Nigerians want politicians who would support the president when on the right and criticize him when wrong.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by porka: 1:17pm On May 16, 2013
AnanseK:

My Solution for you to foward to authorities Sir;
President uses the 3 trillion Naira budget, his well trined intelligence officers in the army, SS and the police and the political advisors,the Ministers and the Governors to find specifically(not speculations) who is/are behind Boko Haram.He will then come on to National TV and announce the names of the suspects and they are tried in one week all their assets frozen and they are executed in Eagle Square Abuja.
Then we will praise him and love him and make him president for many more years, as an able an d intelligent leader. His stste of emergency will only increase bloodshed.This is my honest opinion.

We are in May 2013.

Check your calendar.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by porka: 1:21pm On May 16, 2013
nep2ra: I support APC but ACN is wrong on this one. However, Lai Mohammed is free to express the opinion and position of his party on the recent State of Emergency imposed on these states. We are in a democracy.

Parties don't play politics with the lives of the people.

Freedom comes with responsibility.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by porka: 1:24pm On May 16, 2013
Prof Corruption: ACN is the party. You can't just fault them. Valid points.

They should just remain a sectional party and leave the national politics for the matured people.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 16, 2013
rigormortis: this people wil blame goodluck if they fail to get an e.rrection, classic case of "you burn my shop come dey ask me how market" they were accusing him of being too soft now its no to emergency, my yoruba brothers wil say ...a fun e l'obo o ni ko nirun ( we gave u fresh p.ucc.y and you are compalining that it doesnt have hair)
So they are even perverts atop
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by VirginFinder: 1:32pm On May 16, 2013
Eko Ile: I see the bigoted mods are on duty..

Your people can abuse and call the ACN and it's leaders all the ugly names in the world which you conveniently ignored, but returning the favor gets your bigoted attention like clockwork...

You people no dey even hide your tribalism and bigotry anymore. This is just too sad.... lmao.

Guy! Say the truth and put the devil to shame.

The ACN is wrong here.

Even the CPC and well meaning northerners including the Yobe governor have welcome the idea

GEJ has been too patient.

Thank God for the SOE.
You wont hear kpeken from those states again. Now the governors of the affected areas know they are just a step away from losing their seats if the violence persists.
And nothing will happen.

This is not the time to play cheap politics.

ACN is not synonymous with Yoruba. I am a Yoruba man.
My family and other Yorubas I know are in full support of the SOE.
Even Lai and Tinubu as ordinary citizens are in support of it. That, I can assure you.

GEJ till 2019.

The north is ready and willing to wait.

ACN go and sit down jor!

1 Like

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by biomedixexcel(m): 1:34pm On May 16, 2013
This party dey fall my hand big time....there outspoken ideal will make people hate them
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by porka: 1:42pm On May 16, 2013
shymexx: Boi, ACN just shot itself in the foot by failing to play the right political card.

Every sane person knows the 2,000 soldiers depolyed to those troubled states can't stop BH menace in a land-area of about 150,000kmĀ² and GEJ is just playing politics with gullible Nigerians with the SoE announcement. It's just the same nonsense he has been doing in that part of the country for the past two years.

Honestly, ACN made some interesting points - but there's a place and time for everything, especially when you're dealing with Nigerians and their monkey see, monkey do mentality.. undecided

The same Nigerians descended forcefully on President Jonathan when he made some unthoughtful remarks about MEND when Abuja was bombed.

And there's absolutely nothing interesting in what Mr. Lai Mohammed said here.

It only showed that they were caught unprepared for the masterstroke of the declaration, i.e. that the president left the political offices intact contrary to their expectations.

Perhaps they prepared their response based on their intelligence report that those states elected officials would be removed, but the president was smarter than them, and he has shown with this that he's a civilian president responding to an armed insurrection within the country.

In that case, they should have kept quiet and watch how things unfold.

If the presidential election was conducted this week, Mr. Jonathan would have won with an overwhelming majority.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by sledge001(m): 1:53pm On May 16, 2013
ACN....... angryACN.......hmmm. This people are just sick dogs backing like they've seen a ghost. The Northern politicians are actually the people fueling boko haram all in that name of bringing down GEJ. They good news is that he won't step down; which is what the hope to achieve. He has taken the bull by the horn in declaring state of emergency in those 3 states. Infact, i propose a complete take over by the military. perhaps if funding the states is not done through them anymore, they would start reasoning and acting like normal human beings. boko haram bas..tards don't want dialogue so what the hell are these pips fusing about. We have lost so many innocent souls by trying to keep calm. Anyone opposing the decision by GEJ should just unmask himself and boldly join his fellow boko haram brothers, at least we'll be able to see your true identity. Stupid blood suckers. Continue your evil deeds for your end is near and you will surely rot in hell. Bast...ards
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by jude33084(m): 4:00pm On May 16, 2013
Neo-XVI:
Love it or hate it, they have very valid points.

Ali mumu and the 51 likes grin
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by eboy384: 4:10pm On May 16, 2013
This is another clear prove that ACN/CPC/ANPP(APC) is the political wing of Boko Harm. And their grant plan is to totally change Nigeria to an Islamic state through the rampage of BOKO HARM thereby discredit the Government of the day on any decision .
One standing evidence of their Islamic evil plot is the ACN states(Lagos,Ogun,Oyo,Osun,EDO)where all their Governors Muslim expect Ekiti state.Since 1999 till date in Lagos State,you can see ACN evil plot not to support Christian Governorship candidates.If any person is doubting me,let us watch who will be the next ACN/APC Governorship candidate come 2015 in Lagos state.

After achieving the installation Muslim Governors in the southwest,Tinubu because of his political greed to takeover the central power, he clearly approach Buhari(the Boko harm political leader)and the angry Northern leaders that are looking for strategies to re-gain power to the North.And convinced them(North)to collaborate with the South west Muslim Governors to takeover power for a Muslim President to emerge come 2015.Because of their common Islamic interest- Buhari ,Tinubu and the Northern leaders,they have to convince other naive Igbo brothers to buy into the formation of APC. Thereby, using media propaganda, to mislead Nigerians to always see GEJ as an incompetent leader, which is not always true.

ACN responds on this State of Emergency is a clear prove that Boko Harm is tool of the APC to gain cheap political points and mislead Nigerians. GEJ has shown high level of emotional intelligent on the excesses of Boko Harm and Northern leaders.Although, GEJ has done some mistakes in the past,it is not enough for ACN to always fault ever step of the President. Please Nigerians should open their eyes well well ooooo.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 16, 2013
Lilimax: What else do we expect?.
They are opposition and will always oppose any move made by GEJ sad
If they hate themselves let them step their foot to those states sad.
They will regret their actions. The Commander in-chief have spoken and so be it.
Else, Ara ga-agba ndi ara full time!
babe, U are so prudent in ur comment, i wish ar can get to know u..
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 16, 2013
APC has been confirm to be INCONSEQUENTIAL PARTY lia-muhammed, tinubu, Buhari a.k.a osama-binladi are Bokoharam but yet to make it public... News brought to U by "Lia TV africa"..

1 Like

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Cityguy: 6:59pm On May 16, 2013
Mtcheew*spits* Opposition taken to ridiculous level in Nigeria!!!!
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by hubreality(m): 12:36am On May 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: "The party said while the short-term solution to the Boko Haram crisis should be a combination of dialogue and a minimal use of force"- ACN

Incredible! ACN is proposing "dialogue" and "minimal force" as the short term solution to the Boko haram insurgency? How will ACN "minimal force" fly in the face of a Boko haram that is sacking police stations, local govts, prisons, military barracks, etc, and using heavy weapons like anti-aircraft guns, RPGs, etc? How do we compel a group that has rejected dialogue to accept ACN short term dialogue?

Anyway, I hope Nigerians can see that this ACN does not mean well for the country. They'r only after selfish personal gains.

This is the same ACN that has grown in leaps and bound under the presidency of GEJ. In the history of Nigeria, the party at the centre ALWAYS had as its number one agenda DECIMATION of the opposition. From the first republic to the second, the story was the same. But under GEJ, and for the first time in the history of Nigeria, the opposition parties have been allowed to flourish and even win more states and legislative seats. But what does GEJ and his govt get in return, abuses, curses, name calling and all forms of destructive criticisms. Nigeria, behold your enemy in this Tinubu's ACN
Well identified enemies of Nigeria. Hypocrites for the sake of selfish interest and desperation of power come 2015. We now know better...Sorry ACN and co have shot themselves at the foot. Heartless politrickians!!!
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by paparazzi: 9:18pm On May 17, 2013
It pains woefully when a learned person like you still give support to state of emergency, having known the aftermath effects on economy of the state, the social and other unobserved phenomenons. It is a common knowledge in Nigeria content that state of emergency rule has not been potent enough in resolving insurgency issues , rather ,history has shown that it worsen the case after its withdrawer. The reasons why state of emergency rule has failed , and will continue to fail until they are addressed with utmost care and will. The reasons are of twofold, and be simplified as follow: (1) Has presidency found out the actual and the main reason why the insurgent emanated in the first place? Some inept leaders and some of Nigeria people have linked the insurgent to religion-driven crisis without sufficient proof, while some have linked it to the growing rate of poverty in the country. My bounded rationality suggests that the latter is more accurate in fueling crisis and insurgency of high magnitude as it is being experienced in Nigeria today. (2) Security operatives have a long history of being bias, prejudice, and very unwitting when engaging in combat where "different interests exist", thus resulting in high level of mistrust between the security operatives and the people they claimed they are protecting.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by paparazzi: 9:22pm On May 17, 2013
Timehin:

What knowledge and information are you talking about The truth is that ACN is more concerned about 2015 politics than the daily loss of lives in the north. Has jonathan not made efforts at reconciliation/consultaions via amnesty and other means but did BH stop its insurgencies Opposition parties should join hands with the FG to proffer solutions and fight this terror lest it consumes all.

If i may ask have you seen this https://www.nairaland.com/1290817/thisday-bomber-cried-missing-heaven so how do we deal with such mind-sets willing to die and take others with them for no justifiable reason must we wait indefinitely for them to become "born again" before taking drastic actions while thousands of people are killed

It pains woefully when a learned person like you still give support to state of emergency, having known the aftermath effects on economy of the state, the social and other unobserved phenomenons. It is a common knowledge in Nigeria content that state of emergency rule has not been potent enough in resolving insurgency issues , rather ,history has shown that it worsen the case after its withdrawer. The reasons why state of emergency rule has failed , and will continue to fail until they are addressed with utmost care and will. The reasons are of twofold, and be simplified as follow: (1) Has presidency found out the actual and the main reason why the insurgent emanated in the first place? Some inept leaders and some of Nigeria people have linked the insurgent to religion-driven crisis without sufficient proof, while some have linked it to the growing rate of poverty in the country. My bounded rationality suggests that the latter is more accurate in fueling crisis and insurgency of high magnitude as it is being experienced in Nigeria today. (2) Security operatives have a long history of being bias, prejudice, and very unwitting when engaging in combat where "different interests exist", thus resulting in high level of mistrust between the security operatives and the people they claimed they are protecting.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Funshy86: 10:29pm On May 17, 2013
paparazzi: Thanks for the enlightenment. The truth is that lack of knowledge and information has wrecked serious havoc on a lot of people thinking. It pains woefully seeing comments, on this forum that castigate ACN publicity secretary observation. Past experiences have shown that state of emergency rule has more flaw than success. Alhaji Lai has been able to draw references from the previous state of emergency rules that were introduced in states like plateau, Niger, Kano to justify his standpoint, and his observations is in conformity with the reality on ground. Aftermath of the withdrawer of the state of emergency rule in those affected states, the problem still lingers and seemed to be more dreaded. What many people do not know that there is a high level of mistrust between the civilian and security operatives. Past experience has shown that the innocent peoples are always the victims.

I strongly believe that the presidency can solve boko-haram by applying aggressive consultation than this method that can not stand the test of time.
Mr Layi Mohammed should proffer a potent solution,rather than castigating the pro active option the president has exploited,lets not forget that the President once offered an olive branch to this deadly sect and what did they do?they spurn the opportunity thereby undermining the effort and the office of the presidency...this sect does not deserve to live in a civilized society and what they deserved is to be expunged from this entity called Nigeria.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by tallceejay(m): 12:54pm On May 18, 2013
dbride:

You missed it. You should be able to criticize a man when he goes wrong and commend him when he gets it right.

100likes!
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by tallceejay(m): 1:01pm On May 18, 2013
dinggle: ACN should watch it, in the past 3yrs they've gained a lot of political grounds with the masses through the failures and in-actions of the president , but I fear they are beginning to help the PDP come out of its shadows. Nigerians ain't stupid! If anything they should be criticizing the president for late declaration not asking the NA to reject it, by such utterances they will fall out with the masses. I don't know where those dummy ACN politicians are from? this is the time for ACN and all political parties to support the president, you don't play politics with the lives of Nigerians. If 2015 elections was held today going by such utterance. GEJ would win hands down. Nigerians want politicians who would support the president when on the right and criticize him when wrong.

You just took it out of my mouth! Well said
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by BAMILASSA: 4:59pm On May 18, 2013
THE GOVERNMENT TACTICS AND STRATEGIES ARE ALREADY KNOWN;

1. CONVERTING THE CURRENT SECTARIAN UPROAR TO A FULL BLOWN CIVIL WAR, WITH THE WAR FRONT AT THE NORTH DOORS, KILLING BOTH OUR YOUTH AND COMMUNITY LEADERS E.G EMIRS, TOP POLITICIANS AND UNIFORM MEN OF NORTHERN ORIGIN, IN A BID TO TOTALLY WEAKEN THE REGION SO AS TO EITHER CONTINUE THEIR DEVILISH RULE AGENDA OR SIMPLY DIVIDE THE COUNTRY.

THIS IS A VERY GOOD STRATEGY INDEED,(courtesy Devil MENTOR) IT WORKS IN MANY INSTANCES E.G SYRIA. BUT ALAS, IT WOULD NEVER WORK IN NIGERIA.
B/COS;
THE BRAVE NORTHERN YOUTH IN THE MILITARY WOULD NEVER TOLERATE OR ALLOW THIS.
THE NORTH HAS GOOD FRIENDS( ALIAS) THAT WOULD STAND BY NORTH FOR SURE.
AS USUAL THE YORUBAS WOULD ISOLATE THEMSELVES, LEAVING, ND/IGBOS/MIDDLE BELTANS TO FACE NORTH IF THE PLAN BACKFIRES !

THE STRATEGY FURTHER ENTAILS WIDER S.O.E TO INFLICT MORE DAMAGES, MORE CASUALTIES , BLACKMAIL, ASSASSINATION AND MORE....

ALTHOUGH, THE TACTICS WAS ON FINAL STAGES, NIGERIA IS GODS OWN AS SAID BY MANY WOULD ONCE AGAIN SURVIVE THIS PLOT, THIS AGENDA IS BOUND TO FAIL, B/COS OF ILL EXECUTION OF THE DETAILS ENSHRINED.

LONG LIVE NORTH, LONG LIVE NIGERIA, LONG LIVE FREE AFRICA!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Anisulowo After She Regained Her Freedom From Kidnappers (Photo) / NASS Invasion: Arrest Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Akpabio, Others - Arewa Youth Tells FG / Kanu Nwankwo Visits Lagos Apc Governorship Candidate Sanwo Olu(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.