Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,903 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! (25953 Views)

Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work / ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by searay(m): 9:18pm On May 15, 2013
”Fourthly, what happens if and when the declaration of emergency rule fails to stem the violence, now that the President has gone for broke and played his last card?
The DRONES will be use.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by vanstanzy(m): 9:22pm On May 15, 2013
ACN& CPC are in alliance, so what do u expect? they'll ofcourse do the bidding of their master, CPC.

1 Like

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by confusion247(m): 9:24pm On May 15, 2013
tosh_acer: CPC calls it a welcome idea, ACN berates it. How can CPC and ACN work together?
That is a question that "LlE MOHAMMED" must answer.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by BrokenTV: 9:27pm On May 15, 2013
paparazzi: Thanks for the enlightenment. The truth is that lack of knowledge and information has wrecked serious havoc on a lot of people thinking. It pains woefully seeing comments, on this forum that castigate ACN publicity secretary observation. Past experiences have shown that state of emergency rule has more flaw than success. Alhaji Lai has been able to draw references from the previous state of emergency rules that were introduced in states like plateau, Niger, Kano to justify his standpoint, and his observations is in conformity with the reality on ground. Aftermath of the withdrawer of the state of emergency rule in those affected states, the problem still lingers and seemed to be more dreaded. What many people do not know that there is a high level of mistrust between the civilian and security operatives. Past experience has shown that the innocent peoples are always the victims.

I strongly believe that the presidency can solve boko-haram by applying aggressive consultation than this method that can not stand the test of time.
then what is your solution to this boko issue.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by confusion247(m): 9:30pm On May 15, 2013
searay:
The DRONES will be use.
With France troops.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by seunny4lif(m): 9:35pm On May 15, 2013
For USA,bomb blast only 2 people die and over 100+ get wound,obama order in over 4000 troops and opposition support him bt 4 naija bomb na daily bread for northern side with over 10,00O people wasted and the GEJ order in small troops like 2000 make dem take control of affected area Yet some people who called demself leaders are talking trash becos dem be opposition for naija,na whaoo...I dey always tell people round me say na like dis we wan run my ODUA REP...The day we yorubas go seat think well,na dat day we go dey see well bt on till then i rest my case.....Goal up Chealsea

1 Like

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by elitejosef: 9:39pm On May 15, 2013
ACN FOR THE ST TIME SHUT UP
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Reptyle(m): 9:40pm On May 15, 2013
Soso990240: na dope de worry u.u said state of emergency aint gud enuf..sugest smthng 4 us or get d fucck out.go read more about state of emergency..u dnt hav any slight knowledge or experience of wot it is like.

I have a few choice adjectives to describe you with...but I will not descend to your level. So I will pretend I did not see the insults and respond to the saner aspects of your drivel. No one here has said that the situation in the North does not deserve a drastic measure. What some of us are saying that this here "drastic measure" announced by the President is just an expansion of the same drastic measure that has been in place for several years now and has borne no fruits. Why is that so difficult for people to understand?

The truth though bitter is simple: this SOE will not achieve the desired result if all it translates to is shipping more soldiers and ordinances to the affected region and intensifying military action against BH. That is just more of the old strategy.

To then posit that this SOE is the ONLY way forward is to insult the collective intelligence of over 170 million Nigerians. In 6 months time the SOE will be up for review and possible extension. I pray that at that time, I will be proved wrong and somehow, peace would have returned to the North by its instrumentality.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 15, 2013
paparazzi: Thanks for the enlightenment. The truth is that lack of knowledge and information has wrecked serious havoc on a lot of people thinking. It pains woefully seeing comments, on this forum that castigate ACN publicity secretary observation. Past experiences have shown that state of emergency rule has more flaw than success. Alhaji Lai has been able to draw references from the previous state of emergency rules that were introduced in states like plateau, Niger, Kano to justify his standpoint, and his observations is in conformity with the reality on ground. Aftermath of the withdrawer of the state of emergency rule in those affected states, the problem still lingers and seemed to be more dreaded. What many people do not know that there is a high level of mistrust between the civilian and security operatives. Past experience has shown that the innocent peoples are always the victims.

I strongly believe that the presidency can solve boko-haram by applying aggressive consultation than this method that can not stand the test of time.

What knowledge and information are you talking about The truth is that ACN is more concerned about 2015 politics than the daily loss of lives in the north. Has jonathan not made efforts at reconciliation/consultaions via amnesty and other means but did BH stop its insurgencies Opposition parties should join hands with the FG to proffer solutions and fight this terror lest it consumes all.

If i may ask have you seen this https://www.nairaland.com/1290817/thisday-bomber-cried-missing-heaven so how do we deal with such mind-sets willing to die and take others with them for no justifiable reason must we wait indefinitely for them to become "born again" before taking drastic actions while thousands of people are killed
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by matoyeh(m): 9:58pm On May 15, 2013
Monimatic: ACN Condemns and Reject President Jonathan Declaration of State of Emergency

…Asks National Assembly to reject it

The Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) has described the declaration of a state of emergency in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe States by President Goodluck Jonathan as lacking in original thinking, and therefore asked the National Assembly to reject it.

In a statement issued in Abuja on Wednesday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party said if the use of force was capable of ending the Boko Haram crisis, it would have ended a long time ago.

It said while the President was right in expressing outrage over the mindless killings and wanton destruction by the insurgents, he was wrong in proposing more of the same measures that have failed to yield results.

”If the medicine given to a patient has not cured his or her illness, is it not futile to prescribe more of the same medicine for the patient? If the declaration of a state of emergency in 15 local government areas in four states in 2011 has not curbed the activities of the insurgents, why extend such measure to other areas? If the use of force in the affected states have failed to curtail the activities of the insurgents, why send in more troops?

”There is nothing new in the President’s action. It is more of the same: deployment of more troops to the affected states and the use of tougher, scorched-earth tactics against the insurgents. In the first instance, this stepped-up militarization of the states amounts to an asymmetric use of force in an environment where the insurgents operate within a civilian population, hence it will ultimately be counterproductive as the death toll will continue to mount while the civilian population – who will be caught in the cross fire – will be alienated.

”Secondly, the President should go ahead and disband the committee he recently inaugurated and saddled with reaching out to the insurgents, because by opting to flood the states with more troops under an ill-advised emergency rule, he has succeeded in pulling the carpet from under the Committee’s feet. Who negotiates genuinely with a gun
to his head? The committee’s job is over, the members can as well pack up and go home.

”Thirdly, one hopes the President’s action is not linked to the politics of 2015. With the three states militarized, there can neither be electioneering campaign nor voting there. We had warned earlier that as 2015 approaches, the Jonathan Administration will increasingly take measures that will make it impossible to hold election in many states The over militarization of some states in the north, the plan to destabilise the South-west using slush funds from the so-called oil pipeline protection contract and the infantile threats from some Niger Delta militants seem to be part of this plan

”Fourthly, what happens if and when the declaration of emergency rule fails to stem the violence, now that the President has gone for broke and played his last card?

”In view of the reasons stated above, we hereby reject the declaration of emergency rule in the three states of Adamawa, Borno and Yobe, and we call on the National Assembly to also reject it and not allow itself to be used to rubber stamp a declaration that is largely cosmetic.

”We reiterate our earlier statements that the Boko Haram crisis has its roots in years of bad governance that have produced an army of unemployed,
unemployable, disenchanted and demoralized youths who are now ready hands and willing tools for those seeking to perpetrate violence. The unprecedented corruption across the land, as well as injustice and extra-judicial killings are also fuelling this crisis,” ACN said.

The party said while the short-term solution to the Boko Haram crisis should be a combination of dialogue and a minimal use of force, the long term measure to deny Boko Haram of willing recruits and make the sect unattractive to anyone is to ensure that the State can adequately meet the yearnings and aspirations of its citizens. And the only way to do this is through good governance that delivers the dividends of democracy to the citizens; stamps out corruption and ensures a just and equitable society.

”Boko Haram is like a bad tree. To kill it, it must be uprooted, instead of trimming its branches. The measures announced by President Jonathan on Tuesday will not deliver the killer punch to this reprehensible sect. There is need to think out of the box,” it said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/emergency-rule-counterproductive-acn/
i am beginning to hate Acn, cpc, apc
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by gbigbega: 10:05pm On May 15, 2013
If this is the mentality of ACN, then I am afraid they are not worthy to be voted for. They will indeed make Nigeria worse. If ACN means what they just said, this is what will happen if they win come 2015. They will accommodate Boko Haram, then OPC will rise up and they will accommodate them and be negotiating with them, then Niger Delta Militant will rise and they will still be playing with them. This groups would have killed 1000s and yet they will still be negotiating, parting them in the back, evil groups will then take over the country. I truely pray and hope they don't win with such mentality. Nigeria will be in deep trouble if they do.

1 Like

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 10:09pm On May 15, 2013
You don start again
When we you start to appreciate things
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by tallceejay(m): 10:18pm On May 15, 2013
It like in this country,politics is about the opposition party having a different view to anything by the ruling govt, must ACN talk ?? Maybe the PDP should get some counsel from them next so they won't rush to the press to deliver a counter view...
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by DanIlon(m): 10:22pm On May 15, 2013
Erotex: ACN and CPC are all BH party.
PDP and 419 All are corrupt and mischief party
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Elgaxton(m): 10:27pm On May 15, 2013
If you say you reject President's action then please give us a better one,
must ACN politicize everything Jonathan does? angry
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Dogzimalon: 10:40pm On May 15, 2013
Irresponsible stupid old fools .God will make sure you people in that ACN are shamed at last
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Andyforte: 10:54pm On May 15, 2013
They have been secretly funding boko haram so they feel it would be over sooner then they thought. They onlu love to criticize but never offer a solution. Big fool ACN, how did the Americans handle Islamic terrorism? How did UK handle it? How is terrorism handled the world over? How do u propose we handle it. By voting out Jonathan. ACN has no sensible direction. N should not be allowed to rule this nation.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by capip120(m): 10:57pm On May 15, 2013
This bunch of political bigots called Acn won't let us b with this thier hypocritical characters, demons in sheeps clothing, playin saints by the day while they are really political cowards. Thier avarice for power is all they care about, how on earth should any well meaning nigeria not support dis SOE? The oda ones might not have worked in oda states because it was only declared in some local government and the military were not given the full control to pilot the affairs of the state! D governors were still sitting in powa, unlike dis were it was declared in all areas of the state so, if the military is given absolute control we will definetly see somthing different but i must say it worked at mine (Suleja) we have been livin peacefully since the xmas bombing in st. Theresa catholic church bomb blast madalla in the year 2011 up till this very moment.
I heard that Acn thug saying that Jonathan should'nt have declared SOE in this three states for reasons best known to him cos as i could figure out he was only thinkin about the election at hand he wasn't thinking about the security of the people in that state, they always come out to criticize without offering any solution if not SOE wat else? What more could u do for a terrrorist group who has declined amnesty and carried out series of mindless killin against the people? I bet even THEY THE ACN dont have a solution to this striking menace they are just thier with thier mouth watering lips talking arrant rubbish at to top if all it is not even an ACN controlled state had been one of the state hell would have let loose with petitions upon petitions even before it is anounced protest would have been held the governors are not also complaing, beta go sleep Mr. Lai befo u becom tout cos Acn nothing for una nonesense!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by oshyno(m): 10:58pm On May 15, 2013
[quote author=Lilimax]
Did i hear you say CAN?. Hope you are not referring to ACN by calling then CAN
They are two different bodies.[/quote

Ofcourse I meant AC-N. My phone auto-corrects daz y .
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by bumtos(m): 11:16pm On May 15, 2013
Now I can understand that ACN is Boko and APC is Haram.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by bloggernaija: 11:58pm On May 15, 2013
dirifred: Can ACN keep shot? what is the problem with these political warlords? A country in crisis seek solutions. how long will innocent people be killed to create fear and make the govt appear ineffective? what is the demand of this brainwashed Boko Haramist that you think we as a nation should meet? is it not glearing enough to see this terrorism is politicaly motivated? Since ACN joined APC they have been more infected with thier religion of hate. haters just hate even for no reason

Why should they keep shut. It is a democracy not a monarchy or a dictatorship. I think the years spent under the military has turned some people's brain upside down
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by goingsolo: 12:21am On May 16, 2013
Lier Mowhatever is a complete junky grin grin grin grin
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Mkpotu(m): 12:44am On May 16, 2013
A.C.N/APC my foot. In other countries opposition unite with the govt to fight sternly against terrorism but in Nigeria, because of the self interest of the A.C.N they turn everythn to politics even our corporate existence as a country.

I wasn't surprise at their utterances! Even Femi Falana (SAN) were amongst the early callers to appreciate what the President has done.

Remember if GEJ has removed all the Governors of the affected states the way OBJ did, AC.N & co will shout that he is reckless, high handed & has complete disregard for democratic institution. But because he didn't do that way, they still opened their mouth to criticize. Bunch of clueless APC people!
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by pearlesther: 12:51am On May 16, 2013
genxris: I guess it's only in Nigeria that being in a opposition party means to be a hater and critic of everything the government in power does even when it is good and accepted by almost all the citizens of Nigeria.
Action congress party and it's spokesman through their numerous cheap means of scoring credits for themselves has made people hate them and If I have my way right now I will use my Ak47 at close range on liar Mohammad so that he can keep his foul mouth shut for ever.
i dnt blAme them atall its because they knows that the presido is a slowpoke they knows he gat nothing to do to them but its so annoying that the president of a nation don't hv the final say on every damn thing under his governance.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by billyG(m): 1:23am On May 16, 2013
I t6hink this time d ACN shuld shut up dia dung eating mouth!what solution hav dey proffer,while innocent fellow cuntry men are dying they are blowing whistle of politic
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by AroOkigbo(m): 2:04am On May 16, 2013
oloba: My respect for this party is gradually dying. Its becoming very obvious that this party is just a motor park association. I hate insincere people!. The president has spoken, so be it... Haters go hug transformer.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by EkoIle1: 2:29am On May 16, 2013
Mogidi:
I seriously expected you to use it if only for the good of your. beloved Eko.

You must have missed my post. Here it is again ...

Cassava bread dullard. Why should I use what they primarily use in your household? You should have reserved that for your own people at home.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by alnaijiri(m): 4:18am On May 16, 2013
Finally a party with common sense and courage to stand up to a regime of blood-thirsty killers.

"State of Emergency" is a code-word to bring troops up there, suspend the democratic institutions (no more civilian courts, no more rule of law), and stop the North from catching up with the South economically. Additionally, state of emergency is disastrous for business and does nothing to address the root cause of the violence in the North, but will only exacerbate the situation.

I will vote for ACN for sure.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by greatmen: 5:27am On May 16, 2013
NoW we know Tinubu and his CPC Lords are sponsores of this bloody sect I hope the Sw people are reading the signs does blood of the innocents that are crying in the North mit come to hunt them karma hits hard , tinubu Apc lovers of bokoharam karma dey come
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Okikiade(m): 5:54am On May 16, 2013
Why have these people call themselves people's voice when they'ren't! If they've family that these cold-blooded murderers had killed by slashing his or throat,they won't made that statements. Man inhumanity to man. Seekin amnesty for killers of innocent citizens in the name of govt insensitivities! Buhari their leader aren't part of ruling class? Nigeria Think
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Okikiade(m): 6:06am On May 16, 2013
Some were borne heartless,barbaric,boko haram represent no Islam. How can ACN supporting people that bent on Islamising Nigeria? We're borne a freeman,so nobody can fight for God;the omnipotent,the omniscience,the omnipresence!
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Nobody: 6:21am On May 16, 2013
Wherever there are Muslims, there is violence and friction. What a "religion of peace"! This phony cult should be wiped from the face of the earth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Fayose Imposes Dusk To Dawn Curfew In Ekiti / 2019 Presidency: Atiku Cries Out Over Inec’s Decision To Use Incident Forms / Chinyere Kalu: First Female Pilot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.