Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,533 members, 7,819,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! (25954 Views)

Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work / ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Beync(f): 6:48am On May 16, 2013
alnaijiri: Finally a party with common sense and courage to stand up to a regime of blood-thirsty killers.

"State of Emergency" is a code-word to bring troops up there, suspend the democratic institutions (no more civilian courts, no more rule of law), and stop the North from catching up with the South economically. Additionally, state of emergency is disastrous for business and does nothing to address the root cause of the violence in the North, but will only exacerbate the situation.

I will vote for ACN for sure.
the root cause of boko haram is ur bad leader and ur religious lords who subjected the almajiris to poverty and brainwashed them with teaching that killing one soul gets u 72virrgins. btw, u r one of those brainwashed almajiris who have access to the internet tongue

3 Likes

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by kutchs: 6:58am On May 16, 2013
pearlesther: i dnt blAme them atall its because they knows that the presido is a slowpoke they knows he gat nothing to do to them but its so annoying that the president of a nation don't hv the final say on every damn thing under his governance.
The best a good president can do to ACN is not taking it to court or arresting them for making a very stupid and wicked statement but leaving them to the court of public opinion to judge.
How many times have you made a decision for the president for you to declare boldly that he‘s not in control of anything in his govt?
Point of correction though mr know-it-all governance and government don‘t really mean the same thing, so take note.

1 Like

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Occurstaem(m): 7:05am On May 16, 2013
OMG!!!What a kleptomaniacs party.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by bb6xt(m): 7:24am On May 16, 2013
Will the real boko harams please stand up. Now we are beginning to see the faces of the real dyed in the wool boko haram top members/sponsors. Thunder fire them all!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Demdem(m): 7:28am On May 16, 2013
kutchs:
Why don‘t you just shut your mouth up? Your notorierity at making silly comments is becoming legendary.
For once in your life just behave like the adult u‘re supposed to be.

u sound daft. really daft and its trully legendary. U made no point at all
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Demdem(m): 7:30am On May 16, 2013
max1113:

U're are among thoze INSANE guyz abi? It unfortunate niaja na fail state. Mctheeeeew

and u? ur stupidity is there for all to see. Cant u all just read through what lai said. allowing others to think for u before making an opinion is crass stupidity.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by mbhs139(m): 7:31am On May 16, 2013
I hope this thread will be kept open in the archive so that, may be in 4 to 6 months time we may come back to review if this SoE has actually worked or not. In as much as I commend the Presidency for taking this action, I however berate them for not suspending the whole democratic machinery of the state.

Not suspending the whole democratic machinery of the state amounts to merely declaring a curfew and sending more troops to the place. That's how I see it.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Demdem(m): 7:32am On May 16, 2013
Truckpusher: Why would you care when your mind is totally messed up by poverty.

Besides the man wey dey spell for you before you type dun die? undecided

Drugpusher, stay on topic. Did u say poverty grin grin
Not all can be like u u know. wink
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by slimghost(m): 7:48am On May 16, 2013
Demdem:

and u? ur stupidity is there for all to see. Cant u all just read through what lai said. allowing others to think for u before making an opinion is crass stupidity.

The chief Hypocrite of NL. Pls try and disappoint me for once sir. Like sm1 rightly noted, your penchant for making senseless posts is becoming legendary.

2 Likes

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Tundeajani(m): 7:55am On May 16, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: "The party said while the short-term solution to the Boko Haram crisis should be a combination of dialogue and a minimal use of force"- ACN

Incredible! ACN is proposing "dialogue" and "minimal force" as the short term solution to the Boko haram insurgency? How will ACN "minimal force" fly in the face of a Boko haram that is sacking police stations, local govts, prisons, military barracks, etc, and using heavy weapons like anti-aircraft guns, RPGs, etc? How do we compel a group that has rejected dialogue to accept ACN short term dialogue?

Anyway, I hope Nigerians can see that this ACN does not mean well for the country. They'r only after selfish personal gains.

This is the same ACN that has grown in leaps and bound under the presidency of GEJ. In the history of Nigeria, the party at the centre ALWAYS had as its number one agenda DECIMATION of the opposition. From the first republic to the second, the story was the same. But under GEJ, and for the first time in the history of Nigeria, the opposition parties have been allowed to flourish and even win more states and legislative seats. But what does GEJ and his govt get in return, abuses, curses, name calling and all forms of destructive criticisms. Nigeria, behold your enemy in this Tinubu's ACN
so dr. "i never wore shoe" has suddenly become your friend..oga oh..worries me how 9jirians could be this gullible..only state of emergency, the killers of d nigeria dream has suddenly become 'your' holy saviour..i wont be surprise if d pdp's propaganda of lie catches d mind of people like you in 2015..what is all d uhuru about on jonathan..criticize d acn men constructively..either you like it or not..some sacrosanct points are there in their notion..and if u allow d jonathan sympathy-drawing machinery catches u..man u are in 4 another 4 years of bitter pill till 2019.peace out.

1 Like

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by ibkgab001: 8:01am On May 16, 2013
you are right I hate CAN but I love their statemen
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by aurenflani: 8:15am On May 16, 2013
Chino48: Infact I have come to the conclusion that this Lie Muhamed is a robot that is being remote control by the drug-runner tinubo and terrorist Osama Bin Muhanmadu Buhari.

The fool is quite predictable. He has no sense of reasoning, very incoherent.

Igbo boy take heart. You have already lost the north ever to trust you. 2015 is the way.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by LARRIE(m): 8:18am On May 16, 2013
Lai is known for his propaganda.Seing HIM raising his ugly head again was expected.He can not continue to be fooling Nigerians. If he is not pleased with the new development, he can as well go and hug transformer as suggested by ealier writer.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by aurenflani: 8:18am On May 16, 2013
mbhs139: I hope this thread will be kept open in the archive so that, may be in 4 to 6 months time we may come back to review if this SoE has actually worked or not. In as much as I commend the Presidency for taking this action, I however berate them for not suspending the whole democratic machinery of the state.

Not suspending the whole democratic machinery of the state amounts to merely declaring a curfew and sending more troops to the place. That's how I see it.

That's because the author is still the publisher.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by pat4love: 8:37am On May 16, 2013
Lie muhamed and ACN. Need to burried their head in shame. Must you open your foolish mouth when you do't have some thing reasonable to say? Their oga at d top ask for amnesty for boko haram, FG comes out with it they critisise it, they comes out with emergency rule they still open their senseless brain. Lie and their oga at d top tinubu should look for another way to take power from Aso Rock not this way because Nigeria is even feedup with their senceless critism.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by OsunOriginal: 8:42am On May 16, 2013
aurenflani:

Igbo boy take heart. You have already lost the north ever to trust you. 2015 is the way.

And who trust ibos? Are ibos trust worthy?
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by dbride: 8:54am On May 16, 2013
Beync: the root cause of boko haram is ur bad leader and ur religious lords who subjected the almajiris to poverty and brainwashed them with teaching that killing one soul gets u 72virrgins. btw, u r one of those brainwashed almajiris who have access to the internet tongue

Oh yes, he has access to the internet and yet says western education is abomination; a case of not knowing who you are and what you want, a confused people with serious low self esteem hiding behind one of the deadliest religions ever hoping it will help them feel important.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Krisgift(f): 9:00am On May 16, 2013
muredo:
Gbagun,shut or shot,their or thier
why not contribute on the topic?@topic,ACN wants to oppose evrything.GEJ shud just act which ever way he deems fit.if he decides to give amnesty,he's clueless,he declares state of emergency,he's senseless..smh
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by dbride: 9:02am On May 16, 2013
Tunde ajani: so dr. "i never wore shoe" has suddenly become your friend..oga oh..worries me how 9jirians could be this gullible..only state of emergency, the killers of d nigeria dream has suddenly become 'your' holy saviour..i wont be surprise if d pdp's propaganda of lie catches d mind of people like you in 2015..what is all d uhuru about on jonathan..criticize d acn men constructively..either you like it or not..some sacrosanct points are there in their notion..and if u allow d jonathan sympathy-drawing machinery catches u..man u are in 4 another 4 years of bitter pill till 2019.peace out.

You missed it. You should be able to criticize a man when he goes wrong and commend him when he gets it right.

1 Like

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by bigaboi: 9:06am On May 16, 2013
The points in this write-up are valid and worth pondering over but the fact that it comes from a tinubu led ACN give it little or no credibility because tinubu and ACN has a whle do not have the moral justification to accuse anyone dead or alive of corruption and poor governance IMHO.

1 Like

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Nobody: 9:06am On May 16, 2013
this people wil blame goodluck if they fail to get an e.rrection, classic case of "you burn my shop come dey ask me how market" they were accusing him of being too soft now its no to emergency, my yoruba brothers wil say ...a fun e l'obo o ni ko nirun ( we gave u fresh p.ucc.y and you are compalining that it doesnt have hair)

1 Like

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by sageon: 9:09am On May 16, 2013
One hardly needs to follow any moniker and their comments here to grasp where their political loyalties and sympathies lie. More worrying, is the stridency of these persuasions, even when it is obvious their principals may have run a sorry and poorly conceived intervention.

Granted, the ruling party may have had its failings in meeting the expectations of a broken people, with the delivery of good governance, in the true sense of the word; it does however appear mischievous or naive to permanently condemn any action of government and impugn on its effectiveness, with hardly any air of evidence or rational alternatives.

There also is the suggestion that the “opposition” is blessed with infallible wisdom, and are poised to deliver with deux machine aplomb, when the saddle is in their hands. Maybe, the effectiveness of propaganda or the sheer short memory of the average Nigerian ensures the distortion or the perpetuation of the lie that governance has exclusively being a PDP affair. At various levels and degrees of collaboration and connivance, these “heroes”, critics, and their underlings or foot soldiers, have had their share in the misrule that dot the landscape. You only need undertake an examination of the background and antecedents of these people to understand their construct and political designs.

Anyways, if anything, one action that deserves the commendation of all, is this effort by government to curbing a growing terror. Or perhaps, the murderous campaign by these insurgents is one with the expectations of the “opposition”, or their actions tie with their ultimate agenda; but this unfaltering romance with a messianic complex would only serve an albatross, and ensure the perpetuation of despair for both the gullible and sheeple.

2 Likes

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Kabikala(m): 9:45am On May 16, 2013
I believe ACN (and potentially APC) is worried that its perceived electoral advantage in the Boko Haram states may be undermined if no election holds in those states in 2015. They also want to be seen by the Boko Haram members and sympathisers in those states as being on their side, regardless of whether the FG's approach is necessary or justified.
By this statement, I don't think the ACN is concerned about peace or bringing Boko Haram to justice, rather, they are cozying up to Boko Haram and are hoping to get their support so that they will have an advantage over PDP in 2015.

I still believe GEJ was right in declaring states of emergencies in those states.

1 Like

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by greatmen: 9:54am On May 16, 2013
Tinubu Acn and co partnership with boko !
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Izz9111: 10:22am On May 16, 2013
Lie Muhamed has just told us that ACN lacks the idea and wisdom to move our great nation forward. We are talking about thousands of innocent citizens being kill with out committing any crime, and your interest is to see badness in goodness. I pray that God should lead and direct Boko Haram to your house, so that you can then dialogue, drink and party with your family in Jesus name ... You don't know how painful it is to loss a brother just like that, just because he was a christian and he was just murdered in cold blood. Because of your selfish political ambition, and what you want to gain, mislead the public by criticizing the best position of government. It a shame to you, to Buhari ,Tinumbu and all your ACN.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by dbride: 10:54am On May 16, 2013
OsunOriginal:

And who trust ibos? Are ibos trust worthy?

Put on your garment of humour b4 you read this piece. I hate towing this line but truth cannot be silenced. OsunOriginal, Ibos are better than yorubas when we talk of TRUST. The yorubas often speak from both sides of their mouth, what they have in mind is far from what they say. I wonder how they do that just like the British. My honest Yoruba friends, yes very honest with great sense of humour, agree with me but blame it on their ability to be very diplomatic, again just like the British. We all agree but laugh it off. I guess every tribe has its traits. The Ibos are very blunt and lack diplomacy most of the times, sharp shooters I call them...lol.. just like the Americans and I get on very well with all of them.

1 Like

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Demdem(m): 11:08am On May 16, 2013
slimghost:

The chief Hypocrite of NL. Pls try and disappoint me for once sir. Like sm1 rightly noted, your penchant for making senseless posts is becoming legendary.

Goon, do u think I am here to satisfy ur apetite? Who cares about ur opinion. My posts can only make sense to the wise, u and ur kind are completely opposite so don't bother.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by dbride: 11:10am On May 16, 2013
Kabikala: I believe ACN (and potentially APC) is worried that its perceived electoral advantage in the Boko Haram states may be undermined if no election holds in those states in 2015. They also want to be seen by the Boko Haram members and sympathisers in those states as being on their side, regardless of whether the FG's approach is necessary or justified.
By this statement, I don't think the ACN is concerned about peace or bringing Boko Haram to justice, rather, they are cozying up to Boko Haram and are hoping to get their support so that they will have an advantage over PDP in 2015.

I still believe GEJ was right in declaring states of emergencies in those states.

What a way to go down. ACN/APC must learn to put their political ambition at the back seat so they can make honest contribution on this matter. I repeat, boko boys are not playing politics, they are taking lives and we must be serious too. ACN, this is no time for "eyi je, eyi o je", kalo kalo type of situation. There is a time and place for politics. I was routing for you, why this mess?
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by NOLONGTIN1(m): 11:56am On May 16, 2013
ACN has lost my respect!!!! Even as Human rights groups, Governors and political analysts(people that know about such things unlike some 'Nairaland users') are commending GEJ for taking such actions, these 'backward thinking Association' are spewing rubbish. BTW, i never knew they were in support of the amnesty(for BH) - their statements confirms it.

i'm 80% sure to vote for GEJ come 2015..... to think i voted for these people(ACN) in 2011

1 Like

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by ocelot2006(m): 12:02pm On May 16, 2013
alnaijiri: Finally a party with common sense and courage to stand up to a regime of blood-thirsty killers.

"State of Emergency" is a code-word to bring troops up there, suspend the democratic institutions (no more civilian courts, no more rule of law), and stop the North from catching up with the South economically. Additionally, state of emergency is disastrous for business and does nothing to address the root cause of the violence in the North, but will only exacerbate the situation.

I will vote for ACN for sure.

Will you shut the Bleep up?! Bloody almajiri!! The president's speech CLEARLY stated that no democratic institution will be suspended. Everyone from the governors of these affected states to counsellors are still free to carry out their respective duties. Even the governors are in support of the SOE.

Btw, you have no other person but yourselves and your northern leaders to blame for your backwardness and high illiteracy. Afterall you kind ruled this nation for 40+ years and ruined. But rather than focus on education and your region's economy, u folks were busy churning out beggars and wretched almajiris from you numerous madarasas.

So take your damn post and go shove it up were the sun doesn't shine. bleeping aboki.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by porka: 12:27pm On May 16, 2013
Neo-XVI:
Love it or hate it, they have very valid points.

No, they don't.

What they have here are bunch of incoherent talking points.

"If the medicine given to a patient has not cured his or her illness, is it not futile to prescribe more of the same medicine for the patient? If the declaration of a state of emergency in 15 local government areas in four states in 2011 has not curbed the activities of the insurgents, why extend such measure to other areas? If the use of force in the affected states have failed to curtail the activities of the insurgents, why send in more troops?"

This is pure fallacy being peddled by quacks.

Medicine has dosage, they are reviewed by doctors. That a medicine has not worked does not necessarily mean it would be changed immediately. The dosage could be increased or decreased as the case maybe.

"There is nothing new in the President’s action. It is more of the same: deployment of more troops to the affected states and the use of tougher, scorched-earth tactics against the insurgents. In the first instance, this stepped-up militarization of the states amounts to an asymmetric use of force in an environment where the insurgents operate within a civilian population, hence it will ultimately be counterproductive as the death toll will continue to mount while the civilian population – who will be caught in the cross fire – will be alienated."

If by "asymmetric use of force" Alhaji is saying that the BH unconventional tactics will cause collateral damage then what about the same civilians being killed by BH? What is the military supposed to do? Stay in Abuja, fold hands and wait till BH decides not to "operate within a civilian population" or what? Or allow BH to continue to MURDER the same civilian population?

"Secondly, the President should go ahead and disband the committee he recently inaugurated and saddled with reaching out to the insurgents, because by opting to flood the states with more troops under an ill-advised emergency rule, he has succeeded in pulling the carpet from under the Committee’s feet. Who negotiates genuinely with a gun to his head? The committee’s job is over, the members can as well pack up and go home."

Alhaji, it's called CARROT and STICK.

All conflicts will end in dialog somehow, a window has been opened for those who want peace and dialog, while beating the rogues into line.

"Thirdly, one hopes the President’s action is not linked to the politics of 2015. With the three states militarized, there can neither be electioneering campaign nor voting there. We had warned earlier that as 2015 approaches, the Jonathan Administration will increasingly take measures that will make it impossible to hold election in many states The over militarization of some states in the north, the plan to destabilise the South-west using slush funds from the so-called oil pipeline protection contract and the infantile threats from some Niger Delta militants seem to be part of this plan."

This is where Alhaji did the most damage to his career and his party's reputation.

Mr Lai Mohammed are you expecting elections to hold in Borno or Yobe in 2015 under the pre-Emergency state? That is most wicked and diabolical of you. Do you expect ad-hoc INEC staff to be murdered in cold blood like the Youth Corps members in 2011? This is very sad indeed. Is it not in the best interest of the president, politically, to leave things as they were, whereby INEC will not be able to mobilize and voters are too scared to come out to vote? He would still have satisfied the provisions of the constitution if he did that. Alhaji Lai Mohammed should ask one of his ACN party's governor in Edo State how the presence of security men (Armed Troops) helped curbed the looming violence during elections in that state. He should ask the Ondo State people how they called for ARMED TROOPS similar to Edo State. Mr Lai Mohammed, this is shameful!

"Fourthly, what happens if and when the declaration of emergency rule fails to stem the violence, now that the President has gone for broke and played his last card? "

This is hypothetical. It's an if situation. It has only just been pronounced.

Or are you saying it will not work?

What other information do you have to feel it won't work?

Are you saying there's no single trust in the our military to carry-out their given assignments?

They've done much more before.

Are you saying the military lacks strategy to have a back-up plan?

How much innocent people do you want killed before you recommend the president "go for broke"?

AND WHAT IF IT WORKS? The surge in Iraq worked, to the utter shame of the opponents.

"In view of the reasons stated above, we hereby reject the declaration of emergency rule in the three states of Adamawa, Borno and Yobe, and we call on the National Assembly to also reject it and not allow itself to be used to rubber stamp a declaration that is largely cosmetic."

Well, you are in clear minority in this. May be you've not bothered to gauge the mood of majority of Nigerians.

May be you should start doing that henceforth. It will save you this serious embarrassment and serious low rating of your brands - LAI MOHAMMED AND ACN.

The national assembly members are well meaning people (presumably), they won't swim against the tide.

It is in the interest of everyone to support Mr President and our Armed Forces in this difficult times.

Difficult because our brothers are in armed conflict with us. It is not a thing to politicize.

”We reiterate our earlier statements that the Boko Haram crisis has its roots in years of bad governance that have produced an army of unemployed, unemployable, disenchanted and demoralized youths who are now ready hands and willing tools for those seeking to perpetrate violence. The unprecedented corruption across the land, as well as injustice and extra-judicial killings are also fuelling this crisis"

Hello sir, is their any other roots you know that is different from the public declaration of BH itself, i.e. to institute total Islamic Legal code (Sharia) in Northern Nigeria? How come they are not mentioning bad governance in their proclamation. Plus, you seem to know the people using these youths, could you share with Nigerians how your party has been able to deal with them (the masterminds) with your EXTRAORDINARY good governance that produces EMPLOYED, EMPLOYABLE, HAPPY and MOTIVATED youths deprived of their daily means of livelihood as the Lagos government did to the Okada riders recently? We have so far not heard that any of them has manufactured bombs to mass murder Lagos residents. One would imagine that they would have carried out multiple attacks on the population by now, going by your logic. So much with good governance!

BOKO HARAM is ideological, period!
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by dabossman(m): 12:29pm On May 16, 2013
While not saying the SOE will bring about an end to the menace of Boko Haram, my beef with Lai Mohammed is that like Doyin Okupe, he just opens his mouth and criticizes anything in the name of the opposition, even when it is not neccessary or will paint the ACN in a bad light. The guy needs to apply some tact and know when to attack and when to pull back. It's really becoming unbecoming of this fellow.

FG to grant Boko Haram amnesty - Lai Mohammed will criticize.
FG declares war against Boko Haram - Lai Mohammed will criticize.
FG increases power generation by 25% - Lai Mohammed will criticize.
Power generation drops by 25% - Lai Mohammed will criticize.
GEJ takes a sh*t - Lai Mohammed will criticize.
GEJ decides to hold in his sh*t for the sake of national security - Lai Mohammed will criticize.

Like seriously? Is that all being the opposition party is about? Senseless and tactless bickering? Gosh!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Peter Obi Visits EU Headquarter (Pictures) / Teslim Folarin Meets Gbolarumi, Jogor, Fadeg, Other Oyo PDP Leaders (Photos) / Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.