Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,645 members, 7,820,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! (25955 Views)

Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work / ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by slyk2(m): 7:43pm On May 15, 2013
I wish ACN states related situation in Yobe, Adamawa and Bornu states.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by elpatch(m): 7:54pm On May 15, 2013
I don't belong to any political class or affiliation but I've kept tab of the political sphere in nigeria,action congress of nigeria is gradually becoming transparent even a blindman can see through their fibre.if they have a better idea on how to solve the insecurity problem we are having why don't they come out and tell us afterall democracy is for all.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by rlcanon: 7:56pm On May 15, 2013
FELLOW NAIRALANDERS,NO, I MEAN TO SAY FELLOW NIGERIANS,CAN YOU PEOPLE ASK LAI MOHAMMED TO RELOCATE HIS ENTIRE FAMILY AND PARTY(HEAD QUARTERS)ACN TO ONE OF THESE VIOLATILE NORTHERN NIGERIA STATES.FOR THE SAKE OF PATROTISM? THEN,NIGERIANS WILL KNOW THAT HE AND HIS PARTY ACN ARE NOT THE PEOPLE BEHIND THIS MAYHEM.ENOUGH OF YOU USELESS ASSHOLES USING POLITICS TO SNUFF LIVES OUT THE INNOCENT NIGERIANS.WHAT HAVE YOU BEING ABLE TO DO IN YOUR STATE OF ORIGIN?COMPLETE BABANLE NONSENSE.PLEASE KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT FOREVER AND STOP CRAVING FOR CHEAP PUBLICITY.IN SHORT,YOU ARE NOT EVEN RELEVANT IN YOUR FAMILY,LOCAL GOVT,STATE AND NEEDLESS TO SAY NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by tinkinjo: 7:57pm On May 15, 2013
Nigerians, please take note!
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Stlatyv(m): 7:57pm On May 15, 2013
As noted dis is d 'last card' nd i jst hope it works cos if it doesn't jonathan is nt d only one in trouble,it wil b al of us dis tym. As evident,dis force has nt bin workin recently in oda countries wit similar prob. I jst pray nd hope it works cos it must(crush dem al nd let av our peace bk). Insha. Allah
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by kcpumping(m): 7:57pm On May 15, 2013
Actionleap: ACN is a BH/Muslim party. Don't be deceived. Can you name 10 strong Christian in Tinubu/Fashola or ACN govt in Lagos? Can Lagos ever produce a Christian governor under ACN? Is ACN working with Buhari and Muslim north to islamise Nigeria? If Nigeria break out in war, what nation do this ACN/APC want to rule in 2015?
Don't follow blindly. Food for thought.

Broda u ar a thief for stealing this ur write up from me .....u guys really need to think out of box and see how this nation is turning to muslim country...acn and apc all muslim....I was xpecting acn to ask why did GEJ leave kaduna and nasarawa out of soe nt this tribalistic and religious statement....pls though some yorubas are a bit refined bt majority will never see anything good from d ss/se ppl y? No offense pls bt I hav come to realise dat yorubas ar highly tribalistic and is bad....I live all my life in lags bt just of recent I accepted this fact.....
The major causes 1. Yorubas should imbibe d idea of traveling out of there mother land for greener pasture and a change of cultural mindset pls.e.g ogun to imo or oyo to enugu and live there for at least 10 yrs
2.They should learn to support ppls effort and creativity, just my little cent. Asap

1 Like

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by yeboyes: 7:58pm On May 15, 2013
I used to be an ACN supporter but i have since seen their true colors.These clowns won't fare better than PDP! I fully support Jonathan on this move and i wish him the best.I have been very harsh on Jonathan since he became President but because of this bold move he made i am ready to cut him some slack. Lai should STFU!

3 Likes

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 15, 2013
Pennywise: Lai Muhammed and the ACN represent the opposition. It is expected that the opposition will attempt to discredit the govt and create disaffection in the populace. It is for the govt to prove them wrong through purposeful and reasoned course of action. If they have to support every action of govt it means they will remain forever in opposition. It goes without saying that ACN missed the boat on this one.

Jonathan obviously has widespread support in his declaration of state of emergency albeit late. His concern now should be how effective he utilizes the instruments of state security to achieve his goal. Will he exercise diligence,wisdom and purposefulness in his effort or will it be like all things Jonathan we have known since the beginning of his tenure?
i wu akpa amu

1 Like

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 15, 2013
GEJ has been very patient with this bokoharam and his patience was termed inactive...now he took a firm decision and they say its politically motivated...dis opposition think they'r marketin themselves 4 2015,wht they dnt knw is its jst bcoming clear dat their interest is selfish and ambitious...silly clowns

1 Like

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by xakakes: 8:07pm On May 15, 2013
I now begins to understand what ACN are fighting for.They are no different from their PDP opposition only that insensitivity,hatred and short-sightedness has enveloped their sense of sight and reasoning What a pity.shame on ACN even as I taught
We have got an option mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Localtrouble: 8:07pm On May 15, 2013
My fellow Nigerians..there you have them! The sponsors of BH finally speaking when their wings are about to be clipped! Making those points don't matter..what matters is, after the President uses the so called uprooting system, won't they be the same people to shout Genocide and announce to the world how innocent civilians were killed?! They are just good @ making caricature of themselves, being an opposition doesn't mean you should oppose 'EVERYTHING' from the ruling party..infantile jokes if you ask me. How many of them have come out publicly to condemn the evil unleashed by BH on innocent Southerners? I have said it before and I'll say it again..MAKE GOD CONTINUE TO PUNISH satan well well!!

1 Like

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Ericsdm55(m): 8:08pm On May 15, 2013
Neo-XVI:
Love it or hate it, they have very valid points.
its not your fault sha, afterall, birds of the same feathers flock together.

1 Like

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by thekoko007: 8:12pm On May 15, 2013
ACN ARE BUNCH OF FOOLS THAT HAS NOTHING REASONABLE TO OFFER THIS COUNTRY..HoW CAN THEY BE PLAYING POLITICS WITH EVERYTHING ..I THINK ITS NOW CLEARER THAT THEY ACTUALLY HAS NOTHING TO OFFER THE COUNTRY AND I THINK THEY ARE HELL BENT ON BRINGING THE GOD SENT MAN JONATHAN DOWN BY ALL MEANS.BUT NOT KNOWING THE ALMIGHTY IS BY HIS SIDE...PEOPLE ARE GRADUALLY WAKING UP FROM THE SLUMBER AND THEY ALL KNOW NOW THAT YOU ACTUALLY HAVE NOTHING SERIOUS TO OFFER THIS COUNTRY EXCEPT DECEIT LIES AND NEGATIVE PROPAGANDA...UP JONATHAN YOU HAVE MY VOTE 2015.

4 Likes

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by fkaz(m): 8:17pm On May 15, 2013
caukerzee: just shut up if u have nothing educative to say. I stay in plateau and most of the news about killings are media propagated. The city of jos is as much a war zone as any other southern city at present.

What are you saying? You sound like a daft
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Nobody: 8:18pm On May 15, 2013
Where are those ACN > APC bigots Are they still in shock that Lai, Tinubu & co. goofed big time grin
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 15, 2013
these gys are yanning balls. If they have a better solution, they should say it. Instead of criticising up and down.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by FOLLEY20(m): 8:22pm On May 15, 2013
dirifred: Can ACN keep shot? what is the problem with these political warlords? A country in crisis seek solutions. how long will innocent people be killed to create fear and make the govt appear ineffective? what is the demand of this brainwashed Boko Haramist that you think we as a nation should meet? is it not glearing enough to see this terrorism is politicaly motivated? Since ACN joined APC they have been more infected with thier religion of hate. haters just hate even for no reason
Here is my opinion on this matter: whoever or any group that condemn the emergency rules as declared by the president GEJ is/are the enemy/enemies of Nigeria.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by ocelot2006(m): 8:23pm On May 15, 2013
gidiMonsta: I opened this thread to voice my disappointment with ACN over this statement, only to read the write-up and realise that they do have genuine points.

In as much as I agree with the President's declaration of SOE in those 3 states, I also know that inappropriate use of force will only fuel the ranks of the rebels. A strategy to deny BH of willing recruits should be our long term goal. We need to start an Idealogical War against them; sponsor and protect Imams and Sheikhs who preach and fight against BH, empower the talakawas, al-majiris et. al and watch them destroy their good for nothing leaders.

The president CLEARLY stated that the military will everything possible WITHIN THEIR RULES OF ENGAGEMENT to bring an end to the raging insurgency up north. Those clowns at A.C.N were simply doing what they know best: spewing garbage to earn some cheap political shots. Too bad it backfired big time.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 15, 2013
And na this kind ppl Rochas don join?

1 Like

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by psucc(m): 8:32pm On May 15, 2013
If am asked to write a chronicle (from a novice's perspective) i will never fail to mention Lai for his role in shaping the policies and actions of our govt as a true opposition. But of late, methinks that the respected man's romance with Buhari is influencing his role negatively. He should as well knows that eventhough he is playing politics, God has given him the mandate to shout out against govt policies that may not help the citizens. This task I must confessed he did so well before now. I used to say it that the ongoing merger will leave the opposition party more weak than ever becasue of conflicting interests and diffrences in idealogy. To say the obvious acN and CPC are never compatible and so their interface is a serious mistake. They would have been better if allowed to operate side by side. He should at least call a spade a spade in the President's declaration and rather politicising, commend him for just this one. We should be patriotic enough to condemn the evil act of BH as it has put Nigeria in bad light. Pleas somebody should help convey my message to Lai. Thank you.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by OneNaira6: 8:47pm On May 15, 2013
Honestly, I think ACN sole purpose is to disagree with anything GEJ does even if he makes a right decision.
If that man say left, ACN would be right there to disagree with him and say right even though left is the correct answer. SMH!!!
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by gudnex22(m): 8:48pm On May 15, 2013
muredo:
Gbagun,shut or shot,their or thier
That should you how aggressive and disappointed he is with ACN.
They have just lost the election in 2015
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Rossikk(m): 8:49pm On May 15, 2013
COME...Does ACN not have strategists?

How can a major party in Africa's biggest nation make such a puerile public relations blunder?

You really have to wonder at the quality of strategic thinking in that party. It is abysmal. This was such a misguided declaration that completely flies in the face of public sentiments. No political party worth its salt ever does that. Your policies and ideas must correspond to the electorate's consensus or you'll quickly find yourself out of favour. ACN needs a new set of strategists.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by EasternLeopard: 8:51pm On May 15, 2013
Does Opposition means opposing all policies of the ruling party without suggesting a better alternative.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by favinvest: 8:57pm On May 15, 2013
I used to love ACN cos of Fashola 1st term exploits in Lagos and also Edo state's Adams but right from d time ACN came for 2nd term in Lagos they became a night mare. And became a total disaster after teaming up with CPC.
Seeing their misbehaviour I better stay with devil I knw dan this ACN- APC party dat doesn't have any direction
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by matoyeh(m): 8:59pm On May 15, 2013
They must be out of their senses grin
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Malawian(m): 9:00pm On May 15, 2013
PDP - power
APC - protest.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by mcfynest(m): 9:03pm On May 15, 2013
ACN abeg pls dont say anytin so that pple wont say u r suportive of BH come 2015. ist time mr pres wil impress nigerians
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by matoyeh(m): 9:04pm On May 15, 2013
EasternLeopard: Does Opposition means opposing all policies of the ruling party without suggesting a better alternative.
dont the useless and aimless people. They are begining to disappoint me with passion. I used to lovr ACN because of they vision and even CPC because of their corruption free governance. But now, they are beginning to talk carelesslu and move with no direction
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by tdade(m): 9:06pm On May 15, 2013
These ACN/APC guys are beginning to look like a joke as each day passes. Funny, as I could vouch for them before this rubbish-though I had my doubts. I find it difficult to relate their antics/comments to anything reasonable. The C-in-C makes a bold and commendable statement against terrorism and just because you term yourself as the 'opposition', you oppose his move. These guys are taking stupidity to new heights, methinks.
Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by Malawian(m): 9:06pm On May 15, 2013
ilugunboy: While every reasonable person in the country and outside agreed with this measure and some are even saying the President should have gone the whole hog by suspending all elected officers in the states....the ACN is here questioning the action.

I wonder why we must reduce everything to crude politics....even in advanced democracies like the US that we pretend to copy....there are always times when all politicians put politics aside and become apolitical in issues of national security and that of dangers to it citizens..
omo ilungu, na you write this one ?
baba God noni.
there is still hope for you cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: ACN Condemns Declaration Of State of Emergency! by paparazzi: 9:11pm On May 15, 2013
Thanks for the enlightenment. The truth is that lack of knowledge and information has wrecked serious havoc on a lot of people thinking. It pains woefully seeing comments, on this forum that castigate ACN publicity secretary observation. Past experiences have shown that state of emergency rule has more flaw than success. Alhaji Lai has been able to draw references from the previous state of emergency rules that were introduced in states like plateau, Niger, Kano to justify his standpoint, and his observations is in conformity with the reality on ground. Aftermath of the withdrawer of the state of emergency rule in those affected states, the problem still lingers and seemed to be more dreaded. What many people do not know that there is a high level of mistrust between the civilian and security operatives. Past experience has shown that the innocent peoples are always the victims.

I strongly believe that the presidency can solve boko-haram by applying aggressive consultation than this method that can not stand the test of time.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

PDP Offers N200B For Tinubu To Accept Interim VP Slot. - Obinna / Peter Obi Visits EU Headquarter (Pictures) / Teslim Folarin Meets Gbolarumi, Jogor, Fadeg, Other Oyo PDP Leaders (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.