Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

The Intern Show (Reality TV) - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Intern Show (Reality TV) (32478 Views)

The Intern Season 2 - Starts July! / Help Afolabi Become The Intern / Bank Phb's "the Intern" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Seun(m): 6:20pm On Jan 25, 2007
At stake at the end of the Intern show are real prizes. The winner of the Bank PHB Intern show takes home a package comprising N3million cash prize, a brand new car, automatic employment, a brand new laptop, an MBA scholarship at a Business School and a full executive wardrobe. The first and second runners up get cash prizes of N1million and N750, 000.00 each. They also get automatic employment, brand new laptops, MBA scholarship at a Business School funded by The Intern TV Reality Show and a full executive wardrobe.

The rest of the seven (7) finalists each get automatic employment, a brand new laptop, and cash equivalent of points earned during the show. Besides these awards participants get experience that puts them above their contemporaries.

I think it would have been more dramatic for the losing contestants to get absolutely nothing instead of automatic employment, a brand new laptop, and some extra cash. It's very hard to feel sorry for evicted Interns who have been guaranteed automatic employment and free laptops. Or what do you think? This is television, afterall!
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by badesemowo(m): 6:35pm On Jan 25, 2007
Well first time i saw their prizes i was like "lucky them"
But letz ot forget they had gone thru gmats and probably all the bank phb employment criteria b4 they got to the show in the first place.Giving them nothing would have made good television,
or maybe made it typical television,
I think i prefer them going with something,
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by loma(m): 8:21pm On Jan 25, 2007
At africast.tv, what you have is  live tv,so you have to watch when the station is showing it.

On the issue of prizes, for them to get to that level of participating means they are no dullards,and hence deserve something.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by LoverBwoy(m): 11:23pm On Jan 25, 2007
Seun:

8-9pm Friday, Saturday, Sunday. 30 minute daily reviews initially promised.
thanx mate
angelina jolie's fake lips are not sexy wink

At africast.tv, what you have is live tv,so you have to watch when the station is showing it.
thanks ioma, can one "tivo" it with wmp?
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by antone(m): 8:34am On Jan 26, 2007
hello naira peepz,huh the intern show good concept though i had been ads of its around but neva took interest until a chick from college days showed up looking really smashing her name rhona,went to imsu n and i was like four sets ahead of her, for her and our alunmi it s been worth watching though she is not been doing us proud but like they say our own is our own,big ups to all imsu alunmi go girl, u can do it
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by badesemowo(m): 9:18am On Jan 26, 2007
@antonne whatz imsu?
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by uchetobi(f): 12:21pm On Jan 26, 2007
• wow. The prizes are enticing. Its good to know Nigeria is getting there.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Mystique(f): 12:40pm On Jan 26, 2007
Well, i dont expect the show to be particularly interesting to all, but i find it really informative and entertaining. . .
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by ifende(m): 12:52pm On Jan 26, 2007
Ladies and Gentlemen, i will be surprised to see the intern website come up,
because i know the story behinde it
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by badesemowo(m): 1:42pm On Jan 26, 2007
ifende:

Ladies and Gentlemen, i will be surprised to see the intern website come up,
because i know the story behinde it

@ifende, what happened. Surely it cannot be some financial issue? anyway i'm curious. IM me if u dont want it to be public gist though i dont see the harm.

Anybody got juicy gist about contestants, participants, organisers and/or "the bad guys"
Or
Have you seen the contestants on the street lately, lets know,

I cant believe i'm so interested in this show,
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by ifende(m): 2:21pm On Jan 26, 2007
Well you guessed right,
Financial issues. He messed the guys that worked with him when he had nothing up.
The website was running and had a lot of followership with so many function but immediately he got the deal with bankphb he sidelined the guys and they pulled the site down and so far i can say categorically that he had signed a N600k deal with another company to do another website which was suppose to have been ready Jan 15th but up till now i wonder whats happening.

For those of you following the show the next task goes thus:

Besides oil and gas, Nigeria is endowed with limitless natural and human resources that if well harnessed will cut Nigeria’s dependence on oil by over 60%.

One of these resources is Nigerian arts and craft. This week you will run an art gallery belonging to one of my associates. The aim of this task is to showcase the potential in Nigerian arts and craft and to set standards on how the business selling arts and crafts should be run.
You are expected to draw up and implement a business model for running this art business profitably within one week.
As a guide, my associate has pledged to set aside 20% of your gross sales to assist the corporate social responsibility objectives of the intern organization. You are therefore expected to exploit areas like organizing art exhibitions to aid your sales.
On the CSR you are expected to determine what areas to apply the 20% of your sales that will be made available to the intern organization.

Instructions:

For this task ES-TEAM and MODE are expected to form a joint venture partnership. You are at liberty to give the joint venture whatever name you deem fit and select a leader for the new company.

Remember performance alone does not guarantee success in business.

Have a great week.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by badesemowo(m): 2:38pm On Jan 26, 2007
wow, now thats a challenge. i wouldn't want to be in that situation oh. Selling ARTS?
lets see how they do.

I wonder how ifende got his hands on this,

@ifende,Thanks for that information. Its enough to make me look forward to the next episode. I saw a weekly press release about the show in a newspaper last week***, could u please see if you can get a soft copy to post on this site,  at least in lieu of the site , Once again great job.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by ifende(m): 2:53pm On Jan 26, 2007
will do that,
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Tmoni(m): 3:17pm On Jan 26, 2007
we are waiting for you
is there any way you could record it and put it on youtube with the link here?
thanks
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by ifende(m): 3:40pm On Jan 26, 2007
Don't have a tv card on my system, if i do will gladly upload it but as per the newpaper reviews i'll post it here as soon as i lay my hands on it
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Seun(m): 3:43pm On Jan 26, 2007
We'd really appreciate that. Thanks.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Tmoni(m): 3:51pm On Jan 26, 2007
@ifende,
when you talk about the guys who were dropped(website)
are you talking about koko and the other guy?
cause i heard they produced an outrageous bill
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by ifende(m): 3:57pm On Jan 26, 2007
yes. do you know koko,
Outrageous Bill? Well yes but the guy wasn't willing to discuss it.
He fixed meetings with them and he never shows up.
On the record, he is still owing alot of people right now.
Don't be deceived by the show itself.
He even had problems with the boss(charles o'tudor) but thanks to bankphb.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by badesemowo(m): 4:01pm On Jan 26, 2007
who is this guy we are talking about: is it the ofem ofem guy. Who is he? How did he come about being behind a show with such great potentials?
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by ifende(m): 4:08pm On Jan 26, 2007
Well i don't really know him that much but i met with him once and he seems to be a nice guy.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Tmoni(m): 4:18pm On Jan 26, 2007
ofem is a guy with great potentials,
this is the first time he is solely embarking on this kind of endeavour so the mistakes can be overlooked though if he is owing, he should sort it out.
conflicts are endemic to human nature
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Seun(m): 4:22pm On Jan 26, 2007
Tell me more about this ofem guy. I'd like to interview him someday.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by ifende(m): 4:25pm On Jan 26, 2007
I'm not against him.
I respect him alot but he used koko and his friend and thats not fair!
Koko and his friend did all for him day and night hoping that when the show starts they will be rewarded but the reverse is the case.
what goes around comes around
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by ifende(m): 4:26pm On Jan 26, 2007
I can give you his contact if you want.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Tmoni(m): 4:34pm On Jan 26, 2007
i spoke with him yesterday and he told me he was on his way to dubai,
i hope koko,his friend and al involved get what they are all due,
will call him nxt week.
@ seun, you will find him interesting
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by ifende(m): 4:46pm On Jan 26, 2007
ok,
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Tmoni(m): 7:04pm On Jan 26, 2007
we are still expecting to see the show online from any good spirited Nairalander.
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by danniecool(m): 7:53pm On Jan 26, 2007
Can someone update me about this show, I dont usually have time to watch it wink
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Christino(m): 7:55pm On Jan 26, 2007
Guys,

What's happening to Kolawole, is he still in? I know him as a complete introvert, how's he coping (sorry I don't usually get to watch TV, sometimes just once in a month)!
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by Seun(m): 8:15pm On Jan 26, 2007
DO you recognize his picture among those ones I posted?
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by LoverBwoy(m): 9:29pm On Jan 26, 2007
Tmoni:

we are still expecting to see the show online from any good spirited Nairalander.

if you explain how i can record a live programe online from africast, with window media player/quicktime, then i will register and upload it to youtube or any other platform
Re: The Intern Show (Reality TV) by badesemowo(m): 10:22pm On Jan 26, 2007
OK episode 10 of the show was on  today.
Like we already knew , the task was/is for them to run an art gallery.
They also planned to run an exhibition in shell hall at the Muson Centre.

Guess the owner of the Gallery??
"BAD GUY 2" one of the guys in the board room . Mr Andrew __________ , is CEO of krab house gallery .

Emmanuel was made combined group supervisor. Company name was E & S Associate.
He sent them out to go do marketting and publicity for the exhibition in their original groups , Obasanjo Style. They went to cool fm, the palms, eko hotel e.t.c  and got quite a lot of commitment to attend from apparent high income earners ( and some white guys)

We find out tommorow how they do on sales on this task and on sunday we find out who gets fired.
(I guess some people on this forum already know that) grin

The "Bad Guys" also explained their position and reasons for them being so harsh. Basically , they are trying to emphasize to us youths that it is better to achieve results by going through the proper route and not short cuts.

Comments from our super heros suggest that hot beef is brewing in the house. Aftertaste of the lastweeks boardroom meeting and more.

Long and Short, This is a good, educative and for some of us entertaining show.

Interested Music producers that want their song to be featured on the intern show are to call a certain number 080_________ (I will try and get that no 2morow)

@christino : kolawole has not exactly had alot of screen time. He is still in . Staying in the middle of the pack where he wont get much attention. I thot this was a ploy but from what you say, it  just might be his nature,
note: I am using past tense b'because this weekend's tv show is a summary of events that happened last week,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

BBNaija: Thelma, Esther Fight Over Calling People With Down Syndrome ‘imbeciles’ / BBNaija: Marvis Is My Biggest Challenge, But I Hope I Or Debbie Wins - Tboss / Drop Your Favourite Horror/Paranormal Movie Titles Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.