Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,018 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook (24857 Views)

Man Arrested For Impersonating A Woman On Facebook (photos) / My Parents Are Using My Destiny To Get Wealth –varsity Undergraduate / YFM Host, Ada Kidnapped, Abductors Post Gang-Rape Pictures On Her Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by LOL247(f): 5:23pm On Jun 13, 2013
why argue with an e-mumu..

1. Nadia-A (original) has a fb account and she logged in to her account
2 Nadia-A found her pix stolen by Nadia-B (scammer)
3 Nadia-A searched for Nadia-B and opened her profile.
4 if u truly have used fb before, when you open a profile it'd ask you to contact (via message, 'add as friend') any profile opened
5- unread messages r messages belonging to account signed in (in this case Nadia-A) at the top bar of page
6- if she opens another profile taskbar would be same as long as messages are still unread.

Common sense: not all that common..

9 Likes

Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by adexsimply(m): 5:24pm On Jun 13, 2013
Caracta: When we tell you people to be careful with your pictures and personal details, you won't listen.
talking from "Experience" cheesy cheesy
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 13, 2013
maxwello.yg:

with 186 friends and six notifications oo...the guy is really getting all he wants.
oga, na me get 6 notifctns,not him/her....
But he/she has 186 frndz sha ...
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by lacicrips(m): 5:25pm On Jun 13, 2013
justwise:

Then she is presenting a wrong picture, the impression is that the profile displayed there is that of the imposter and not Nadias. She should have displayed the fake profile and NOT her own profile
Oga that's the fake profile up there. She's logged in to her account while viewing the fake one.

Don't worry your head jare.

1 Like

Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by Deiok(m): 5:25pm On Jun 13, 2013
hmmm?
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by SkyRider1(m): 5:26pm On Jun 13, 2013
I think dudes are up to something. Recently, i received FB invitations from people already in my contact. How come somebody i accepted long ago is still sending me invitations with the same account?

I think there is another way these guys av devised to clone peoples' FB accounts. Take for instance, this guy posted my friend's wedding pictures as a current event. I attended my guy's wedding 4 years ago.

Guys be careful with ya FB accounts. turn all your contents to PRIVATE. If it does not work then know that FB is compromised, Its probably time to get off it.

1 Like

Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by sweetcheecks(f): 5:26pm On Jun 13, 2013
nadia_SA: Nadia Bolarinwa by name this woman/man stole my pics and created fake account to scam stupid men to buy her recharge cards and send her money. When i knew about this i and friends tried reporting this but no action has being done . I also tried inboxing her supposely boyfriend 'musty blason' telling him its all a scam. He told me he already sent her alota recharge cards and dumped his girlfriend for her because he was inlove.. This really shock me .alot of silly men r being scammed. Should i sue her/him ..shes being using this account since last year ..gues i loo naijan for people to be falling for this...

Yhooo! Girl, this is crazzzzeeeeeeeee!!!!! Take all your pics of NL and facebook etc. I for one will never post my pics on NL and do not even answer to pm's i do not want to take chances.
But sorry nana for this could be a shocker! shocked
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 13, 2013
LOL247: why argue with an e-mumu..

1. Nadia-A (original) has a fb account and she logged in to her account
2 Nadia-A found her pix stolen by Nadia-B (scammer)
3 Nadia-A searched for Nadia-B and opened her profile.
4 if u truly have used fb before, when you open a profile it'd ask you to contact (via message, 'add as friend') any profile opened
5- unread messages r messages belonging to account signed in (in this case Nadia-A) at the top bar of page
6- if she opens another profile taskbar would be same as long as messages are still unread.

Common sense: not all that common..
100% correct
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by nikkyshyne(f): 5:27pm On Jun 13, 2013
Caracta: When we tell you people to be careful with your pictures and personal details, you won't listen.
So we participants of Ms Nairaland nko? undecided sad
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by justwise(m): 5:28pm On Jun 13, 2013
nadia_SA: Nadia Bolarinwa by name this woman/man stole my pics and created fake account to scam stupid men to buy her recharge cards and send her money. When i knew about this i and friends tried reporting this but no action has being done . I also tried inboxing her supposely boyfriend 'musty blason' telling him its all a scam. He told me he already sent her alota recharge cards and dumped his girlfriend for her because he was inlove.. This really shock me .alot of silly men r being scammed. Should i sue her/him ..shes being using this account since last year ..gues i loo naijan for people to be falling for this...

nadia_SA:
U b mumu I'm using my own facebook to view this nadia bola..what the heck is add friend doing there if I have logged in that account..cheiiiiii I've got nothing to gain with all of that really...but losing!!

That first line in bold gave the impression that the profile attached is that of the imposter hence people casting doubt in the whole story. You did not make it clear that you were using your profile to view the fake one.

1 Like

Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 13, 2013
the person no fit construct good english sef ....

1 Like

Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by nijanigga: 5:29pm On Jun 13, 2013
Did I just said that Nigerians are synonymous to scams? What a hyena is to meat ,so are Nigerians to money.
I wonder why someone can't use his brain to invent something other than scams.
Somebody said, that a good percentage of Nigerian brains are genetically infested with scamming virus. Could that be true from what we are seeing?

1 Like

Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by justwise(m): 5:32pm On Jun 13, 2013
joeydozzy:

how?
by asking the person for his password? undecided undecided

even me wey no dey Facebook sabi that one lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Do you need my password to take a screenshot of my profile?
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by sweetcheecks(f): 5:32pm On Jun 13, 2013
By the way what a sexy profile pic. grin
Just hope they do not get their hands on this one, it will get them tons of airtime. Lol wink
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jun 13, 2013
justwise:

That first line in bold gave the impression that the profile attached is that of the imposter hence people casting doubt in the whole story. You did not make it clear that you were using your profile to view the fake one.
oooh my bad... I'm jus scared that whatif I come to Nigeria now people will beat me up 4 scamming them grin..cheiiii I wouldn't like that at all at all
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 13, 2013
justwise:

Did you actually understand my last reply to ItsModella?

No sir,...I am not wise enough.. wink tongue

5 Likes

Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by justwise(m): 5:40pm On Jun 13, 2013
gbosaa:

No sir,...I am not wise enough.. wink tongue

I believe you.

2 Likes

Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 13, 2013
justwise:

Then she is presenting a wrong picture, the impression is that the profile displayed there is that of the imposter and not Nadias. She should have displayed the fake profile and NOT her own profile

Exactly
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 13, 2013
adexsimply: I'm am very sure YUZEDO is behind this lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
don't joke with my YUZEDO.I wee kill yhou
@ topic.same thing is happening to me.what can I do.so many of my friends are askng y I'm sending them a second request.I can't even trace the fraudster cos he/she blocked me.
Hei.I don tire.I've even put a notice on facebook.to no avail. cry
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by Caracta(f): 5:48pm On Jun 13, 2013
adexsimply: talking from "Experience" cheesy cheesy

Yes o...
Once bitten (beaten), twice shy cheesy
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by Caracta(f): 5:49pm On Jun 13, 2013
nikkyshyne: So we participants of Ms Nairaland nko? undecided sad

You can remove your pictures after the contest...but if you don't want to...

*shrugs* grin
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 13, 2013
C one victim...i toked with via inbox..
Cheiiii some guys o..grin Is it a lot of airtime thou??

Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 13, 2013
justwise:

I believe you.

Thank you sir.
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by surveyProf(m): 5:55pm On Jun 13, 2013
nadia_SA: C one victim...i toked with via inbox..

Then you hv to do something to bring down that fake account!!!
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 13, 2013
justwise:

You have time to write gibberish, i understand all that...read my last reply to ItsModella, all along i thought the profile was that of imposter and not Nadias hence my initial comment about unread messages.

Yes i had time to write gibberish, and very good you understood it all.....justwise the most intelligent man on Nairaland mscheew grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 13, 2013
nadia_SA: C one victim...i toked with via inbox..
loooooooool!! the guy na confam mugu grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by Iykebestbt(m): 5:57pm On Jun 13, 2013
I no fit shout oo
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by adexsimply(m): 5:57pm On Jun 13, 2013
lorretta u: don't joke with my YUZEDO.I wee kill yhou
@ topic.same thing is happening to me.what can I do.so many of my friends are askng y I'm sending them a second request.I can't even trace the fraudster cos he/she blocked me.
Hei.I don tire.I've even put a notice on facebook.to no avail. cry
embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 13, 2013
op you're a liar. This kain status update plenty for fb..they just updating it for fun noni. undecided

1 Like

Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by adexsimply(m): 6:04pm On Jun 13, 2013
ItsModella:
loooooooool!! the guy na confam mugu grin grin grin grin grin
I dey tell you grin grin

the guy see fine chick, e drop im worwor girlfriend sharp sharp cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by bigfrancis21: 6:21pm On Jun 13, 2013
justwise:

Yes but the number of messages the imposter has shouldn't be showing if Nadia got no access to that account.

Justwise, the number of messages you're seeing belongs to Nadia and not the imposter.

justwise:

No, I think you're the one who got the wrong impression in the beginning. There's nothing wrong with the image and there's no other way Nadia could have presented the imposter's account other than that. Or you expect her to log out from facebook and view the imposter's profile as a visitor before you think its real? I've been using facebook since 6 years now and I know what I'm saying.

1 Like

Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by viruz007(m): 6:26pm On Jun 13, 2013
report the person to facebook as spam

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lists Of Scammers On Telegram / Armed Robbers Use POS Device To Rob Victims / Motorcycle Thief Burnt By Mob In Abuja (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.