Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,933 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook (24852 Views)

Man Arrested For Impersonating A Woman On Facebook (photos) / My Parents Are Using My Destiny To Get Wealth –varsity Undergraduate / YFM Host, Ada Kidnapped, Abductors Post Gang-Rape Pictures On Her Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by ignis: 6:30pm On Jun 13, 2013
adaobi123: Report the person
To who?
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 13, 2013
ignis:
To who?

facebook
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 13, 2013
Really creepy lipsrsealed
The impostor might also be viewing the thread, someone who can't even construct simple sentences scamming people?? SMH. undecided
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by tiarm: 6:55pm On Jun 13, 2013
nadia_SA: ish good question but cant he/she b traced somehow...
somehow?....how?[code][/code]
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by pekelepekele(m): 6:56pm On Jun 13, 2013
Internet is a crazy zone . I closed my fb and twitter long ago . I will never upload a pic of me on the net anymore

1 Like

Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 13, 2013
hornipipe: Really creepy lipsrsealed
The impostor might also be viewing the thread, someone who can't even construct simple sentences scamming people?? SMH. undecided

any maga will be clouded by beauty
the person must have constructed "diasporan"in his mind grin
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by claremont(m): 6:59pm On Jun 13, 2013
I can bet my left testicle that the person who did this is a Nairalander, he/she may have already commented on this thread.

@OP: Report the profile to Facebook, and they would take it down provided you are who you say you are.
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by Chinwem(f): 7:02pm On Jun 13, 2013
There's no way of participating in miss nairaland without putting up pics

Unless you start a picture less contest

One of the down sides I guess

Pele my dear Nadia

I love your diary but you might wanna consider removing the pics there as well

If you wanna put up pics can give your readers a hint and leave them up for a short time only
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by Prettychyna(f): 7:03pm On Jun 13, 2013
MrPrsdent: You guys are funny. Can't you see that the op is logged into that Facebook account. The photo shows the number of messsges received. You can only see that if you are logged in. The OP is the 419er prolly scouting for more mugus
op used her account to go to the scammers wall, so the messages are op's messages but the wall/profile is that of the scammer
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by Prettychyna(f): 7:06pm On Jun 13, 2013
claremont: I can bet my left testicle that the person who did this is a Nairalander, he/she may have already commented on this thread.

@OP: Report the profile to Facebook, and they would take it down provided you are who you say you are.
the impostor can equally get the pix from her facebook and not necessary nairaland. Its very easy to go to someones profile and download their pix. So the scammer knows the op to de extent of using her surname
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 13, 2013
joeydozzy:

any maga will be clouded by beauty
the person must have constructed "diasporan"in his mind grin
LoL, people should learn to apply wisdom when dealing with other people especially on the internet, no matter how little it may be.
The impostor may even be a 16 years old scamming fully fledged adults for their hard earned money. cheesy
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by Blazinraj01(f): 7:20pm On Jun 13, 2013
Funny how some of the guys saying that the OP logged into the account will be the one to promptly call Goodluck Jonathan a retardeen angry

Who is the real retardeen nowundecided

They just don't know how to use facebook

1 Like

Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by LOL247(f): 7:22pm On Jun 13, 2013
nadia_SA: 100% correct

sha you know sey you fine and wallahi tallahi i no go too mind....

1 Like

Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by bamosagie(m): 7:29pm On Jun 13, 2013
born2fuckpussy: Create a male profile or find a man to pretend to be dating her, get her phone number and make research if the phone number has another profile on facebook, if she refuses to give out phone number, pretendi to send him 10,000 to his account to visit, he will present someoone name and account number claiming he is brother and would help him cash,that is real him acting like a lady and work on the name or the number

Good idea. What if the person is a nairalander. Just wondering.
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by justwise(m): 7:54pm On Jun 13, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Justwise, the number of messages you're seeing belongs to Nadia and not the imposter.

No, I think you're the one who got the wrong impression in the beginning. There's nothing wrong with the image and there's no other way Nadia could have presented the imposter's account other than that. Or you expect her to log out from facebook and view the imposter's profile as a visitor before you think its real? I've been using facebook since 6 years now and I know what I'm saying.

Just 6yrs?

What is the point of explaining this over and over when the Op has clarified that angle?

2 Likes

Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by justwise(m): 7:56pm On Jun 13, 2013
gbosaa:

Thank you sir.

No worries cool
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by justwise(m): 7:57pm On Jun 13, 2013
beebee5000:

Yes i had time to write gibberish, and very good you understood it all.....justwise the most intelligent man on Nairaland mscheew grin grin grin

Actually i did not.
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by Caracta(f): 9:16pm On Jun 13, 2013
@OP, i'm amazed at the number of pictures on your diary alone...not to talk of your Miss NL photos. Choi! You try o. Three gbosas for you babe. Keep it up. But pls be careful.
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by kcjazz(m): 9:38pm On Jun 13, 2013
File a police report first and foremost. If this person scam a powerful person or even kill, you are in trouble knowing our police system.

Report to Facebook admin https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/274459462613911

Pray fire on their head tongue
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 13, 2013
Caracta: @OP, i'm amazed at the number of pictures on your diary alone...not to talk of your Miss NL photos. Choi! You try o. Three gbosas for you babe. Keep it up. But pls be careful.
Yhaaaa eish I'm kinda guilty of my pix being everywher don't even know wher to start removing thm .. But it doesn't mean somebody must take advantage of that .. Cheiii but I'll do something bout it...
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by DonaldGenes(m): 9:49pm On Jun 13, 2013
F.K.O:
SMH....NAIJA UNA NOR DEY TIRE
lol i dey teyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu we no dey slack ohhh
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by DonaldGenes(m): 9:50pm On Jun 13, 2013
i feel sad to hear this is happening to my nadia..........the UNcrown miss NL
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jun 13, 2013
philusaau: FAKE JOB. BOYZ DEY THROW CHEQUE TO CANADA, USA, SPAIN AND SOUTH AFRICA AND CHEQUE DE CLEAR WELL. BOYZ DE BUY CARS AND BUILD HOUSES THEN ONE MUGU GET TIME DE USE FACE BOOK DE LOOK FOR GUYZ WEN GO GIVE AM 2 NARIA. BAD MARKET. THAT IS A BAD FORMAT

EFCC asked me to call you.
@ OP..I warned you once about splashing your picture all over the internet. BTW what is it with people rushing to upload pictures of themselves on the net? Is it a cheap shot at popularity & stardom or advertising one's self for amorous advances?

1 Like

Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 13, 2013
Op, another Miss NL is coming up next month, send some of your pix to me for verification.
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 13, 2013
val_dee: Op, another Miss NL is coming up next month, send some of your pix to me for verification.
Cheiiii
Nope , I'm not entering another miss_n l the previous one was a handful... Nd lol isn't the next one in December ..
U b Moderator na
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jun 13, 2013
Donalð Genes: i feel sad to hear this is happening to my nadia..........the UNcrown miss NL
sad
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by ozoemeka(m): 10:07pm On Jun 13, 2013
nadia_SA: Nadia Bolarinwa by name this woman/man stole my pics and created fake account to scam stupid men to buy her recharge cards and send her money. When i knew about this i and friends tried reporting this but no action has being done . I also tried inboxing her supposely boyfriend 'musty blason' telling him its all a scam. He told me he already sent her alota recharge cards and dumped his girlfriend for her because he was inlove.. This really shock me .alot of silly men r being scammed. Should i sue her/him ..shes being using this account since last year ..gues i loo naijan for people to be falling for this...

I take it as a compliment, I have seen my picture of about 6 different profiles now it's almost getting normal

1 Like

Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 13, 2013
ozo_emeka:

I take it as a compliment, I have seen my picture of about 6 different profiles now it's almost getting normal
Really A compliment??
Cheiiii selling my face for just airtime..
I feel degraded somehow
No compliment at all!! Hmmmm *looksaway
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by komek(m): 10:32pm On Jun 13, 2013
freecocoa: I strongly suspect a nairanlander is behind this , things like this are part of the reasons why I don't like putting up my pix on social media or whatever.undecided

Fine girls will always want to put up their pix, buh ugly girls don't.

1 Like

Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by Inik(m): 10:43pm On Jun 13, 2013
Nadia report the account to facebook and also get your facebook friends to report the account too, then facebook will close it down. Here is a simple way to report a fake account to facebook ---> http://www.facebook.com/help/174210519303259/
Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by bigfrancis21: 10:46pm On Jun 13, 2013
justwise: [/b]

Just 6yrs?

What is the point of explaining this over and over when the Op has clarified that angle?

You misinterpreted the image at first and were acting like you didn't want to accept you made a mistake. Even when others pointed out to you that you were wrong, you kept blaming the poster unnecessarily for your slight when it was clear you interpreted wrongly. I thought I pointed that out to you. In as much as you're a moderator, we are all bound to make mistakes, misjudge or miscalculate at one time or the other. We are all human beings and don't know everything therefore we are bound to make mistakes. So don't feel bad that you were wrong for once, instead of trying to make baby attempts at covering up the misjudgment on your part. cool

And by the way, my first quoted message was from the first or second page or so. Started reading from the first page downwards until I saw other replies from others to it.

Yes, 6 years. So? Isn't 6 years enough experience time needed to make one a manager of a company?

1 Like

Re: Scammer Using My Pictures On Facebook by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jun 13, 2013
[quote
author=claremont]I can bet my left testicle that the person who did
this is a Nairalander, he/she may have already commented on this thread[/quote]
roflmfao

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abandoned Newborn Baby Found Dead Inside Church In Rivers State (Photo) / Lady Recounts How She & Other Passengers Were Attacked By Bandits In Kogi (Video / Housewife Poisons Neighbour’s Water With Sniper In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.