Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,786 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger (23664 Views)

Protest Going On In Lagos Over Fuel Scarcity : Exclusive Photos / Protest In Lagos Over The Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia / Robbery Near National Stadium, Lagos; Over 30 Cars Vandalized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:09pm On May 21, 2013
Why won't dey protest with all the price hike tanks to over-inflated tax bills. Need i say more?
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by ifyalways(f): 8:50pm On May 21, 2013
The way some people are fixated on the 200k is funny. No doubt that they are internet Nigerians that have long lost touch with reality. How far can 200 k go for this woman :
The cheapest table space in an open mkt in ika would not go for less than 50k for 1 year.
She has to buy tables,selling bowls, measuring bowls, bags etc another 50K
70K for stocking up and 30K for feeding/daily upkeep.

I also won't be fast to label her a scammer. Who have she scammed?or is it because she has a clear blue print of what she wants?

1 Like

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 21, 2013
kunlekunle: sincere nigerian
abeg share your allocation now

grin grin grin grin ;Da ahahahahahaha
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:58pm On May 21, 2013
Eko Ile:

This is nothing but ignorance and gross illiteracy. Lagos was a developed state before oil became your reality in Nigeria?

Please leave the internet and pick up some history book for needed education about your country..

Btw...What exactly did oil money did in Lagos state apart from dilapidated and poorly maintained federal neglects like bridges and roads that's equally available in other states.

Haha. Don't make me laugh. Look at these oil subsidy beggars. Jonathan opened your nyash last year after the subsidy removal. Riot everywhere in your city showing you are fully dependent on oil.

Without south south's oil, you are finished.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:02pm On May 21, 2013
YorubaFirst: Yorubas will never travel to go beg in other regions. If a Yoruba is stranded in another region he/she knows to go find the Yoruba head in that place and get assistance. This is a true test of citizenship staring us in our face.

For those in SS and SE calling for separation so they can manage their oil.....this woman is your test. Prove your ability to stand on your own by resolving this problem without intervention fom Westerners.

Prove to who? To you? Hahahaha!
Abeg go fry amala eat.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by ekoileee: 9:08pm On May 21, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Haha. Don't make me laugh. Look at these oil subsidy beggars. Jonathan opened your nyash last year after the subsidy removal. Riot everywhere in your city showing you are fully dependent on oil.

Your assignment was to support your views that oil money developed Lagos state with facts and not some silly subsidy nonsense.

Go back to your assignment or just keep quiet....
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by mbulela: 9:15pm On May 21, 2013
YorubaFirst:

NL helpers! Are you serious Then three more will follow behind her to come beg in Lagos and what do you do for them?
then we also help those other three.
Why should we get tired of helping?
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by YorubaFirst: 9:22pm On May 21, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Prove to who? To you? Hahahaha!
Abeg go fry amala eat.

Mumu....when you take test you areproving to self. if you pass na your reward, if you fail na your headache.

It will be nice if you can prove to me that with your oil you are self sufficient but i know you cant. So prove to yourself now that you have the social support to aid the welfare and wellbeing of your own. This girl came out of you, rescue her.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by touchmeder: 9:31pm On May 21, 2013
Heartbreaking....
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 21, 2013
YorubaFirst: Yorubas will never travel to go beg in other regions. If a Yoruba is stranded in another region he/she knows to go find the Yoruba head in that place and get assistance. This is a true test of citizenship staring us in our face.

For those in SS and SE calling for separation so they can manage their oil.....this woman is your test. Prove your ability to stand on your own by resolving this problem without intervention fom Westerners.

Wonders shall never cease
An Ika woman is begging and it is now a label on the SS and SE? shocked shocked shocked
Most southern beggars in Lagos are south westerners ,I will guess about 90%
The state of origin of fashola's deportees bears me witness
Fashola deports Yoruba beggars to the neighboring states more than he has ever deported anyone from the SS and SE and here someone is making mouth that their beggars are better than others shocked shocked shocked shocked
There is nothing babyosisi will not read from these people on nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:21pm On May 21, 2013
740megawatts: This woman bore 5 kids within a space of four years. Am I the only one seeing this as crazy? Why would she come to Lagos in the first place? i still don't understand...

There is a set of twins out of the 5 kids dude. Read!
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 12:03am On May 22, 2013
I SAW THE WOMAN YESTERDAY AND TODAY.
SHE WAS BUTT NAKED
EVEN WHEN THE POLICE CAME TO THREATEN HER, SHE BEGGED THEM TO SHOOT HER.
SHE INSISTED SHE WANTED TO SEE FASHOLA BECAUSE SHE IS DESPERATE.

SHE WAS OFFERED CLOTHES BUT SHE REFUSED, SHE WAS ALSO OFFERED FOOD AND WATER BUT SHE REFUSED.
THE LAST TIME I SAW HER, SOME WOMEN FROM ALAUSA WERE PLACATING HER.... SHE WAS NAKED THEN BUT I GUESS SHE LATER AGREED TO PUT ON SOMETHING

I WAS TOUCHED.
ANYTHING THAT WOULD PUSH ANYBODY TO THIS EXTREME WOULD BE REALLY SEVERE.
LEAVING HER 5 KIDS AND COMING TO SEEK OUT THE GOVERNOR OF LAGOS.

I REALLY HOPE SHE WILL BE HELPED.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 12:11am On May 22, 2013
icebeatz: I SAW THE WOMAN YESTERDAY AND TODAY.
SHE WAS BUTT NAKED
EVEN WHEN THE POLICE CAME TO THREATEN HER, SHE BEGGED THEM TO SHOOT HER.

SHE INSISTED SHE WANTED TO SEE FASHOLA BECAUSE SHE IS DESPERATE.

SHE WAS OFFERED CLOTHES BUT SHE REFUSED, SHE WAS ALSO OFFERED FOOD AND WATER BUT SHE REFUSED.

THE LAST TIME I SAW HER, SOME WOMEN FROM ALAUSA WERE PLACATING HER.... SHE WAS NAKED THEN BUT I GUESS SHE LATER AGREED TO PUT ON SOMETHING

I WAS TOUCHED.
ANYTHING THAT WOULD PUSH ANYBODY TO THIS EXTREME WOULD BE REALLY SEVERE.
LEAVING HER 5 KIDS AND COMING TO SEEK OUT THE GOVERNOR OF LAGOS.

I REALLY HOPE SHE WILL BE HELPED.

Didn't i say this was a psychiatric case that needs immediate attention
Butt nakid for two days and looking for Fashola shocked
Where are those kids
Somebody should go and find out if the 5 kids are not cooking inside a pot somewhere
This mother has lost her marbles
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 12:11am On May 22, 2013
Like someone had rightly said, this is exactly how 'Revolution' get started. If all could bravely gather like this and take stage in states houses nationwide holding the leaders in stage, the revolution is at epic.

Nigerians cant be dying in abject poverty in the midst of plenty. How come we've superior and over-blutted wealthy men (mostly politician) in our midst and yet, some people are dying in hunger. It's high time this madness of depriving others thier rightful inheritance get stopped. Dis woman needs help. I pray she finds more favour than she just requested for - amen.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 12:18am On May 22, 2013
Babyosisi, pls spare me with dis ur psychiatric ranting before i wish her condition befalls u and let me see if u wont do the worst. I mean someone is here needing help and all that comes from u is psychia, psychia.....

Nonsense!!!

1 Like

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 12:23am On May 22, 2013
babyosisi:

Didn't i say this was a psychiatric case that needs immediate attention
Butt nakid for two days and looking for Fashola shocked
Where are those kids
Somebody should go and find out if the 5 kids are not cooking inside a pot somewhere
This mother has lost her marbles

Pray suffering never pushes you to the limits....
I saw her.
She looked very very sane.

Haven't you seen people that fought and died for what they believe in or what they wanted??

are they insane??
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Ndipe(m): 12:29am On May 22, 2013
740megawatts: This woman bore 5 kids within a space of four years. Am I the only one seeing this as crazy? Why would she come to Lagos in the first place? i still don't understand...

Dont blame her, maybe she doesnt know what family planning is.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Revolva(m): 12:50am On May 22, 2013
grin so sad mother of 5 and she is 23..wtf..na wa oo Africa give birth a lot...what d hell does she wanna use 5 kids for...abi when she dey f. ck e dey sweet dem dont they know about child bearing.... and protection....

na wa o 23 years...kai and again why did she come to lagos..to protest why not Delta...where the oil money is there....abi na lagos be capital of Nigera? make she march march go Aso rock....na

i see the reason why they are many prostututes in lagos....because if she is still a fyne woman.. thats the next thing to do..but this woman wants business capital....umm na wa oo
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 12:57am On May 22, 2013
RedBenson: Babyosisi, pls spare me with dis ur psychiatric ranting before i wish her condition befalls u and let me see if u wont do the worst. I mean someone is here needing help and all that comes from u is psychia, psychia.....

Nonsense!!!

Try it and it goes right back at you
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by rash47(m): 3:36am On May 22, 2013
Too bad, may GOD help her
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 6:27am On May 22, 2013
@babyosisi, then stop ranting arrogant, inundated and disheartening rubbish here unless you are as insane as u claim she is.

Blood 4ucker!!?

2 Likes

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 6:51am On May 22, 2013
Lagos is running it like it should be ran.

She was offered to be taught a trade.... She should have taken that option sha... That woulda given her a more broader skill than Gari and melon..

Where is Delta state government again? Shame shame!!!!

We need to fight Nigerians!!! WE NEED TO FIGHT!! WAR!!!!!!!

This girl didn't make good life decisions but that don't mean she has to die. At least for the sake of her kids.

I think the church should have helped her though...

Pastor Adeboye build school wey 90% of him congregation no fit send their pikin them.. Yet na the congregation money them use build the3 school oo...

T'iro ban lor l'ogun odun..... My people know the rest!!!!!
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by beobjective: 7:12am On May 22, 2013
Sometmes, we are the sources of our own problem.. Lets face it how can a 21 yearr old girl already have 5 children? isnt that gross irresponsibility.... The girl herself is just a LovePeddler... how did she have 5 children at 21 when she was not raped.. Now she is looking for government... Even people with billions just have 2 or 3 children.... Where are her parents?
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Gbawe: 7:30am On May 22, 2013
be_objective: Sometmes, we are the sources of our own problem.. Lets face it how can a 21 yearr old girl already have 5 children? isnt that gross irresponsibility.... The girl herself is just a LovePeddler... how did she have 5 children at 21 when she was not raped.. Now she is looking for government... Even people with billions just have 2 or 3 children.... Where are her parents?

Take it easy. Do you realise what your Nation is? You do not know how this woman got where she is to be calling her unsavoury names.

Nigeria has already been termed one of the worst places for a child to be born today. We have one of the worst poverty rates in the world. Shamefully, statistics show we are up there at the very top in relation to women dying in pregnancy. People still openly defecate everywhere because your President insist on a ten air-plane fleet in place of 2,000.00 public toilets.

Yet you find it easy to attack this woman. Had Nigeria been a sane nation that treats her citizen with dignity, then we may say you have a point but the reality is that Nigeria is simply one of the most brutal places on earth anyone can live in.

In fact, were Nigerians not so docile, the entire place would be a war zone with how human beings, reduced to animals wallowing in mud like the filthiest of Pigs, would strike back fiercely consonant with the dehumanised animals insensitive leaders have turned them into. Direct your vitriol at your leaders who care nought for developing this woman, so that she can become the best she can be, while they maintain their kids in £20,000.00 a year private schools in the West.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by ifyalways(f): 7:57am On May 22, 2013
Gbawe, God bless you jare. Some people are swift to judge just because luck, God or nature is benevolent to them.

This woman's case is not isolated, there are many 22 years ladies with 5,6 kids either married, widowed and slugging it out here in Naija, east to west.
She could have been a victim of arranged or forced marriage. She could have consented to that marriage because the late husband was her only means of getting a meal a day, her escape route out of poverty. It could have been marriage by force for if the policeman insists on having her, how can she resist or say no?

PS: the womans husband is late. The mix up (her husband chasing her out) was from the journalist.

1 Like

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by kolamilan(m): 8:11am On May 22, 2013
is this a politics section or what ? pls dont derail this thread pls if you want to assist then assist her.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by beecrofty(m): 11:15am On May 22, 2013
This lady is on her way to set the world record for giving birth. Just at 21 she has 5 kids, wonder how many it will be in 20 yrs from now.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 11:18am On May 22, 2013
be_objective: Sometmes, we are the sources of our own problem.. Lets face it how can a 21 yearr old girl already have 5 children? isnt that gross irresponsibility.... The girl herself is just a LovePeddler... how did she have 5 children at 21 when she was not raped.. Now she is looking for government... Even people with billions just have 2 or 3 children.... Where are her parents?

Should we not be blaming her husband or the father/fathers of he children who fled the scene of responsibility , or the government for not putting any scheme in place to cater for such people ?

Since when did it become a crime to have 5 children at 21, do you realize that until this modern age, women married very early.

Next time think before you write.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 11:32am On May 22, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Oh my God, this dunce, you think thats what the Subsidy riots was about?
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 22, 2013
Gbawe:

Let Delta folks take up this woman's case and petition appropriate authority in the State over this woman's plight and that of many like her.

Gbawe I think Nigerians shouldn't take this as a delta people issue only. It should be our business as Nigerians to see that people like this are helped.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 22, 2013
When our correspondent approached her, she said, “After confronting serious hardship in my state, I was advised by an official of Human Rights Commission in Delta to go to Human Rights Commission in Abuja. I also went to Police Headquarters and NAPTIP (National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons) in Abuja. They all told me to go to Lagos; they said that is where I could get help.”

I got this from lindaikeji.
She's already been to Delta and Abuja.
I'm not sure from the statement if she was told to go to the NAPTIP in Lagos instead of the one in Abuja. Maybe that arm of Lagos state takes care of matters like this.
However, it makes sense now why she left delta state to Lagos now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Celebrates The Obituary Of ‘Made-In-Taiwan’ Recall Exercise / Attempts Made To Seize Our Seats ― PDP Governors / Magu: I Have Never Received Bribe All My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.